Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,062 members, 7,814,656 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Why Do Girls Add Weight Or Get Fat In Their Huuby's House. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Girls Add Weight Or Get Fat In Their Huuby's House. (58152 Views)

Natural Weight Or Fat Management Therapy / Real Reasons Women Add Weight After Wedding / Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Girls Add Weight Or Get Fat In Their Huuby's House. by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 05, 2011
mainly due to child birth because of pregnancy hormones (estrogen, progesterone) for the same reason that contraceptives do.
also other than peace of mind most women who are not happily married (cheating and nasty spouse) tend to find solace in eating and in the process gain excess weight.
Re: Why Do Girls Add Weight Or Get Fat In Their Huuby's House. by iyatrustee(f): 8:50am On Aug 05, 2011
Most of the ladies that get fat after marriage already had it in their genes. it just took childbirth to bring it to limelight. An average woman adds more than 15-20kg with every pregnancy, a whole lot of this fat is burnt during breastfeeding while a whole lot more remains. What do you also expect when mother and mothers inlaw pump one up with food after birth becos to them, that would make you produce more milk grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Girls Add Weight Or Get Fat In Their Huuby's House. by blank(f): 9:19am On Aug 05, 2011
I never realised that contraceptives could make u add weight. After reading some contributions, i went on the internet and researched. Wow! Now i am worried. I re-read the pack of contraceptives i had and they said a side effect is added weight. This is so dis-heartening. So how can it be combated? The added weight from contraceptives i mean. Now i am scared to check my weight.
Re: Why Do Girls Add Weight Or Get Fat In Their Huuby's House. by iz2much: 9:30am On Aug 05, 2011
Dear girl, it is an age old belief that having sex can make a woman grow fat. But girl, it is just a myth.

There is no physiological cause why the breasts or hips should become bloated or disfigured after a woman starts having sex. There is no way that ejaculated semen can get digested and absorbed in the bloodstream. And, in any case, 2–3 ml of semen (average ejaculation) has only about 15 calories!

Several studies do suggest that people gain weight after marriage. But, generally people gain weight when they are happy and satisfied. Therefore a weight gain after marriage can happen to both men and women. And the weight gain has nothing to do with sex for either gender.

It’s frequently the comfort of being in a relationship and the associated sense of security that make people gain weight. Studies show that people in relationships are likely to eat more than single people. If you want to avoid gaining weight after marriage, exercise regularly and maintain a healthy diet.
Re: Why Do Girls Add Weight Or Get Fat In Their Huuby's House. by Toladipo(f): 10:00am On Aug 05, 2011
Re: Why Do Girls Add Weight Or Get Fat In Their Huuby's House.
« #40 on: Yesterday at 08:23:13 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is not always over eating that causes this, child bearing also contributes.

We need to credit the great women that sacrificed all they had to carry our children.

African women, I SALUTE YOU ALL FOR YOUR COURAGE
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
THANKS JOR U UNDERSTAND
Re: Why Do Girls Add Weight Or Get Fat In Their Huuby's House. by Sholaf(f): 10:10am On Aug 05, 2011
iyatrustee:

Most of the ladies that get fat after marriage already had it in their genes. it just took childbirth to bring it to limelight. An average woman adds more than 15-20kg with every pregnancy, a whole lot of this fat is burnt during breastfeeding while a whole lot more remains. What do you also expect when mother and mothers inlaw pump one up with food after birth becos to them, that would make you produce more milk grin grin grin
They leave all the chores to the house maid and the driver to open the car doors for them.
Re: Why Do Girls Add Weight Or Get Fat In Their Huuby's House. by omar22(m): 10:21am On Aug 05, 2011
Also, regular sex makes a lady fat, no joke.

Its because people like you, some part of the western world still think we Africans live in trees!!!!

Look its pure African mentality simple!!! the matrimonial home is where you upload the timber!!!!  grin

My mother-in-law complained that I look too lean when she first saw me, I told her that am into sports, she said she doesnt like how I look

My Aunt saw a her son who weighs around 17 stones, and quoted "evidence of good living" I nearly choked on my drink when I heard it.

I know people who lives around Peckham market and still couldnt make the journey on foot,  In the UK most of the Nigeria ladies pile on the timber like no tomorrow and then complain when their man has a skinny Zambian, Kenyan on the side or a Jamaican,  because the wife looks unattractive in bed and not agile enough,  Now so many young Nigerian ladies are gym freak because they know the risk of piling on the weight even men too are keeping fit,
Re: Why Do Girls Add Weight Or Get Fat In Their Huuby's House. by obowunmi(m): 10:30am On Aug 05, 2011
What's wrong with adding weight ? Igba ti ara bale. I like orobo women.
Re: Why Do Girls Add Weight Or Get Fat In Their Huuby's House. by 3direct: 10:40am On Aug 05, 2011
if she get big, am out!
Re: Why Do Girls Add Weight Or Get Fat In Their Huuby's House. by NatGas(m): 10:44am On Aug 05, 2011
am learning,
Re: Why Do Girls Add Weight Or Get Fat In Their Huuby's House. by blank(f): 10:47am On Aug 05, 2011
omar22:

Its because people like you, some part of the western world still think we Africans live in trees!!!!

Please, do not insult me. It was a tongue in cheek response.
Re: Why Do Girls Add Weight Or Get Fat In Their Huuby's House. by omar22(m): 10:56am On Aug 05, 2011
Please, do not insult me. It was a tongue in cheek response.

tongue hmmmm
Re: Why Do Girls Add Weight Or Get Fat In Their Huuby's House. by Kay1kay1(m): 11:26am On Aug 05, 2011
The man and woman in the house compete for the one who is going to have the bigger one-pack. Zero exercise and excess G- big stout.
Re: Why Do Girls Add Weight Or Get Fat In Their Huuby's House. by Nobody: 11:29am On Aug 05, 2011
Lol @ blank.

The more reason why you should see your Dr about it. Like I said the higher the estrogen dose in ur pill the more vulnerable you are to weight gain.

I don't do contraceptives and pls make una no ask me what I do.
Re: Why Do Girls Add Weight Or Get Fat In Their Huuby's House. by agog: 11:36am On Aug 05, 2011
fatness whether before or in marriage is more of family trait. If the mother is fat, there is tendency for her girl child to inherit part of that trait even before she get married.
Re: Why Do Girls Add Weight Or Get Fat In Their Huuby's House. by Weedean(m): 11:57am On Aug 05, 2011
Cos their dreams have actualized, no need to stay fit cos they're made. You know stuffs like that.
Re: Why Do Girls Add Weight Or Get Fat In Their Huuby's House. by SAGoddess: 12:01pm On Aug 05, 2011
jennykadry:

Lol @ blank.

The more reason why you should see your Dr about it. Like I said the higher the estrogen dose in your pill the more vulnerable you are to weight gain.

I don't do contraceptives and pls make una no ask me what I do.

Withdrawal? hahahah, had to ask Jenny cool cool

@ topic, for some women, it is easy to lose weight after giving birth while for others it is difficult, very difficult even with regular exercise, I guess genes have a lot to do with it. . . . . . .
Re: Why Do Girls Add Weight Or Get Fat In Their Huuby's House. by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 05, 2011
grin grin The women get Fat & the men get plump and fresh! grin I guess it's happiness! cool
Re: Why Do Girls Add Weight Or Get Fat In Their Huuby's House. by ronkebp(f): 1:04pm On Aug 05, 2011
@ Poster, child birth, stress and too much cooking.
Re: Why Do Girls Add Weight Or Get Fat In Their Huuby's House. by Cuddlemii: 1:11pm On Aug 05, 2011
Joblessness & Idleness & Unemployed (but if you don't have the tendencies of gaining weight then u r good to go with being a housewife)

I always sound into everyone's ears. Its safe to be a working class wife than a housewife just in case you have the tendencies of adding weight. But if you are super trim no matter what, then you can be a housewife.

What working does is this, it exposes you to what is happening in the real world. By the time you see married ogas or business associates flaunting little girls then you would be at alert. Secondly, you wont want to be left out when all your colleagues with 8 kids look young & trim. Even if your family are too embarrassed to tell you that you are loosing shape, definitely someone in your office would at least say it jokingly. Finally, when you are pregnant and you climb stairs, walk from one office to the other, make photocopies, type etc and you are given maternity leave just few weeks or days before delivering you have beaten unnecessary accumulation or fats during pregnancy. When you return to the hustle and bustle of work stress after pregnancy, you have beaten post pregnancy weight gain.

If you have the tendencies of gaining weight and you become a housewife, best of luck with the kitchen & fridge right beside you. Another trick is Eko & vegetables after pregnancy, you would beat the weight gain. Women think when you consume all manner of food after delivery, it makes the baby strong. But vegetable and healthy food is meant to what, Go figure.

I come across grandmothers at the salon who are fit & good looking. Guess what some of them are still working or just retired. Its better to be around people a lot so you can know how to keep in shape.

Some women say house chores is also enough exercise. When you burn all that calorie sweeping, moping & all. Then you top it up with a mountain hill of Eba and 6  pieces of meat & coke. You have gained times 2 of what you burnt. So who are you fooling. In your office, shame sef would grip you to consume such as u trust people's mouth. Fake life but at least its not fat life.

Its not necessary about hitting the gym. Cure is stressful, just prevent it by keeping busy. But if you have good genes then u r fine even with 50 pieces of meat.
Re: Why Do Girls Add Weight Or Get Fat In Their Huuby's House. by DaDoctor: 1:16pm On Aug 05, 2011
^^NOT ALL OF THEM!! BUT A MAJORITY THAT HAS DECIDED TO BE A 'SIT -AND-WATCH' IDLE WIFE!!!^^

After Child birth, a woman is expected to grow a bit fat but not BURSTING as peculiar these days
Re: Why Do Girls Add Weight Or Get Fat In Their Huuby's House. by Cuddlemii: 1:29pm On Aug 05, 2011
^ The worst are some caterers. Chei does ones munch & taste everything they cook for the day. By the end of the mass cooking, they would have eaten a 3 course meal that was meant to be served to 10 guests.

If you have the tendencies of gaining weight just stay off that occupation, become a nutritionist instead.
Re: Why Do Girls Add Weight Or Get Fat In Their Huuby's House. by sayso: 1:37pm On Aug 05, 2011
constant sex,I mean when done without any form of contraceptive(s),that means the man dropping the whole seamen into the woman's body is like blowing air into a balloon,the balloon will definitely inflate and when not punctured the air will remain.
Re: Why Do Girls Add Weight Or Get Fat In Their Huuby's House. by DaDoctor: 1:46pm On Aug 05, 2011
sayso:

constant sex,I mean when done without any form of contraceptive(s),that means the man dropping the whole seamen into the woman's body is like blowing air into a balloon,the balloon will definitely inflate and when not punctured the air will remain.

Medically, i agree with you to some extent.

THE SAME, THING IS APPLICABLE TO THESE LADIES THAT ARE OVER BLOWN DUE TO THE SAME REASON,(DONT TAKE AWAY THE FACT THAT A FEW ARE NATURAL BUT MANY HAVE THE HAND OF THE JOYSTICK IN IT)

IN AS MUCH AS THE ANATOMICAL COMP OF MALE AND FEMALE VARY, AND WOAMEN ARE MEANT TO HAVE THE BIGGER HIP. HUMAN ACTIVITY(JOYSTICK ACTIVITY) HAS AIDED MOST OF THESE OF LATE.
Re: Why Do Girls Add Weight Or Get Fat In Their Huuby's House. by Sagamite(m): 2:03pm On Aug 05, 2011
Majority of girls that are educated marry after the age of 24 so the factors for them is split into 2:

Natural factors

- As you grow older (male or female) beyond teenage years your body stops processing what you consume in the same way and at the same rate. That is why most athletes career ends in their 30s.

- Once a woman has kids, she is likely to lose shape a bit. And if she is older, the body will not easily reshape itself.

- Her genetic make-up gives her the predisposition to be large or easily put on weight.

Lifestyle factors

- When a woman pulls a man and gets him to tie the knot, she is highly likely to stop all her attractiveness efforts and let herself go. She does not see a heavy need anymore since the point of the laborious effort it requires was to use it to attract a mate in the first place. And lets face it, most of the beautification process (hairstyling, clothes shopping, make-up application, body and skin conditioning, dieting and watching what you eat) of woman requires a lot of effort and time which she can not afford as she grows older and her responsibilities grow and are more critical. At best, most men just cream themselves and splash a cologne (be it aftershave or perfume) as long as it smells nice.

- She does not have time or is not keen to go to the gym and has failed to realise that her body does not process consumption like her prime years (most likely about, but not restricted to, 15-27 years of age).

- She might not have time to exercise because of child rearing responsibilities and/or job responsibilities in the rat race and her body processing is no more generous and supportive.

- Nigerian food is not great for keeping in shape but unfortunately it is damn tasty and this is what the woman are used to eating and grew up eating, so it is not easy to switch to another kind of (frankly, less tasty) food and stick with it.
Re: Why Do Girls Add Weight Or Get Fat In Their Huuby's House. by Sagamite(m): 2:16pm On Aug 05, 2011
atasteve:

It is not always over eating that causes this, child bearing also contributes.

We need to credit the great women that sacrificed all they had to carry our children.

African women, I SALUTE YOU ALL FOR YOUR COURAGE AND SACRIFICE.

I second that.
Re: Why Do Girls Add Weight Or Get Fat In Their Huuby's House. by kabukabu50(m): 2:17pm On Aug 05, 2011
igbogolo:

Its not just in the nigerian culture to be slim. exercising takes a great deal of personal effort and deprivation and most importantly, self discipline. I have gone for laps in temperatures of -6C by as early as 6am when most people would be cuddled in bed sleeping. I asked myself if i was mad but I continued going in the cold. Its not easy to do laps upon laps of running. Till date I do 2 hours run three times weekly in addition to cycling, swimming, yoga., weights etc. I am a bit underweight but trim and very fit.

so how well disposed are nigerian women to exercise? they go to work, come back so late, eat, mess, go to bed, wake up by 4am, use 2 hours for make up, get late to work and the cycle continues till saturday. then they have to fix weavon, buy spanks( to gather the adipose tissues), then sunday they spend half the day in church, the other half in traffic coming back from church and the cycle continues till no end. yet they will never diet.

If i ever work in naija again, i will not trade my exercise routine for work. Health is wealth! I will try and make time to do something at least twice a week. women should have that disposition as well.

Its simple, determination and self discipline.

Well said,I do the same thing,well almost, Run about 16-20 miles a week when I can and gym regularly,Its just not in naija culture to to that.
Re: Why Do Girls Add Weight Or Get Fat In Their Huuby's House. by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 05, 2011
@sayso

Where did you get your idea from?
Re: Why Do Girls Add Weight Or Get Fat In Their Huuby's House. by Sagamite(m): 2:24pm On Aug 05, 2011
jennykadry:

You see the thing is these issue of sex causing weight gain because of protein grin is more of a myth than a fact tingy .Sp[i]e[/i]rm contains strong hormones like oestrogen, testosterone, LH and so on and when the va[i]g[/i]inal walls sucks in these hormones, it actually to a large extent prevents weight gain. I mean there is no way ejaculated sp[i]e[/i]rm can be absorbed into the blood stream.  That is why a consumed estrogen birth controlling pill is more likely to cause weight gain because it gets into the blood stream as opposed to the one digested and absorbed  through the va[i]g[/i]inal wall after sex

Alot of People gain weight in marriage because of the sense of security, peace, happiness, joy e.t.c and yea all these fit make a woman eat wella. I mean when you are comfortable you eat and digest your food well. Rokiatu did answer this question to some extent.

If sex makes people fat, then every sexually active person including the LovePeddlers that sleep with different men every night will add weight by force.

The negative and ignorant replies from some men on this thread is highly annoying. I AM OUT

Hmm!

That na wetin she go know.

Fuckology expert. grin
Re: Why Do Girls Add Weight Or Get Fat In Their Huuby's House. by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 05, 2011
Lmao saga, if i cash you ehn.

When e consign sex and seaamennn abeg I am interested. Don't you know that seamen dey slow ageing process? you age gracefully if you drink it and use no condom during vag to manliness s/ex/.

That damn yucky thingy is highly nutritious. Lol
Re: Why Do Girls Add Weight Or Get Fat In Their Huuby's House. by Sagamite(m): 2:35pm On Aug 05, 2011
jennykadry:

When e consign sex and seaamennn abeg I am interested. Don't you know that seamen dey slow ageing process? you age gracefully if you drink it and use no condom during vag to manliness s/ex/.

Kai! I am closing my ears, I am too young for your type of sex education. grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Girls Add Weight Or Get Fat In Their Huuby's House. by DaDoctor: 2:36pm On Aug 05, 2011
jennykadry:

MADAM JENNYKADRY ARE U A DOCTOR?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ekiti Man And His Oyinbo Wife Step Out In Style (Photos) / Lady Celebrates As Court Dissolves Her Marriage (Photos) / Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.