Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,422 members, 7,815,955 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Ahmed Musa Sends N500k Bassey Etim Spotted Filling Pot Holes In Ajah | VIDEO - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ahmed Musa Sends N500k Bassey Etim Spotted Filling Pot Holes In Ajah | VIDEO (480 Views)

Musa Sends N500k To Ex-olympic Athlete Etim Spotted Filling Potholes(video) / Ahmed Musa Offers To Help Former Olympic Athlete Spotted Filling Pot Holes / Etim ‘Ironbar’ Bassey Is Broke, Fills Potholes In Ajah Lagos. Gofundme Launched (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ahmed Musa Sends N500k Bassey Etim Spotted Filling Pot Holes In Ajah | VIDEO by philme87: 8:14pm On Aug 04, 2022
Super Eagles captain and star player, Ahmed Musa has sent half a million Naira to Nigerian Olympian, Bassey Etim who was spotted around the Ajah area of Lagos, filling up potholes.

Bassey Etim, who won a gold medal at the 1983 Commonwealth Games in Malta, stated that he suffered an injury while representing Nigeria at the 1984 Olympic Games.

Musician, Oc Cares disclosed how he observed Etim nicknamed ‘Iron bar’, at a failed section of the road along the Ado/Badore road in Lagos, prompting him to reach out. 

Etim, 56, revealed that he had to spend his life savings for his treatment, claiming he was abandoned by Nigeria. 

The Cross River state born athlete said: “I sustained an injury, and when I came back, Nigeria refused to take care of my injury, so I had to use my life savings to go back to America in September 1985 to take care of the injury. 

“But I still come out to volunteer myself to give back to my country. “People are saying, ‘why should you do that? They didn’t take care of you'. 

The post which has since gone viral, attracted Super Eagles captain Ahmed Musa, who requested his contact. 

The striker wrote on Instagram: “How can I get to him pls.” 

In an update on Thursday August 4,  a reporter with Sports Brief , Babajide Orevba revealed Musa had sent the former athlete N500,000.

"I just finished speaking with him now. I sent him N500,000." Musa was quoted saying.

Watch the video of Etim filling pot holes and his amazing transformation after being helped by Oc Cares and his team below;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dMNFWE-Pcs

Re: Ahmed Musa Sends N500k Bassey Etim Spotted Filling Pot Holes In Ajah | VIDEO by rusher14: 8:19pm On Aug 04, 2022
Iron Bar Bassey.
Re: Ahmed Musa Sends N500k Bassey Etim Spotted Filling Pot Holes In Ajah | VIDEO by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 04, 2022
Na one of the high brow area of Lagos be this potholes wey people dey hail tinubu for developing Lagos state.
Re: Ahmed Musa Sends N500k Bassey Etim Spotted Filling Pot Holes In Ajah | VIDEO by DavSagacity(m): 8:39pm On Aug 04, 2022
Ahmed Musa God bless you abundantly.
Re: Ahmed Musa Sends N500k Bassey Etim Spotted Filling Pot Holes In Ajah | VIDEO by CrownOfClay724: 8:40pm On Aug 04, 2022
Once saw this man and his abs at ilaje and knew there was something about him.

Never knew he was an olympian.

Good one from Ahmed.
Re: Ahmed Musa Sends N500k Bassey Etim Spotted Filling Pot Holes In Ajah | VIDEO by egoldi01: 8:46pm On Aug 04, 2022
This guy, Ahmed Musa, is extremely generous. He has reached out to former sportsmen and even others that are going through challenging phase. More blessings to him.

(1) (Reply)

Why Does No One Want Christiano Ronaldo?(hitc Sevens) / Video Of Roberto Carlos Shows Ex-brazil Star Hiding From Cameras To Smoke / Congratulations Flying Eagles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.