Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President (32937 Views)

Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima / Fact Check: Is Bola Tinubu Currently In France As Viral Videos Portray? / Pick A Christian As Senate President Or House Of Reps Speaker', CAN Writes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by Oceanjagaban: 1:57pm On Aug 05, 2022
Chnbanc:

Really? Awww
That's nice.
But please don't mind my inquisitive nature..
What is cannabis
Cannabis is a name of an animal place or thing
Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by Chnbanc: 1:57pm On Aug 05, 2022
theultimatep3:

Weed - Igbo.

Next time use google or download electronic dictionary
Really?
Awww
That sounds strange.
What kind of weed is Igbo?
Pls don't mind my inquisitive nature.
I just dropped out of space.

1 Like

Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by GABRIEL6036: 1:57pm On Aug 05, 2022
Chnbanc:
Sorry what is the meaning of can?
I just dropped out of space
Welcome alien fall grin grin
Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by Chnbanc: 1:59pm On Aug 05, 2022
GABRIEL6036:

Welcome alien fall grin grin
Awww
That sounds strange...
Am chn banc
Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by trutharena: 2:00pm On Aug 05, 2022
21siyanbola:
Has there ever been a southerner as SULTAN?

Why should a Southerner be a Sultan?

Shey our land reach Sokoto ni.
Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by ANTIlSLAM(m): 2:02pm On Aug 05, 2022
Empiree:
And this too right?

Why no Christian-Christian or Muslim-Christian ticket in these states; Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Sokoto, Zamfara, Bauchi,
Borno, Yobe and Niger from your attached picture?

4 Likes

Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by ANTIlSLAM(m): 2:03pm On Aug 05, 2022
trutharena:

So NSCIA is only meant for your Fulani people in Islam?

3 Likes

Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by nnamdi640: 2:03pm On Aug 05, 2022
Tinubu Urchins on the beat. Mr op, Tinubu will use you and dump you like a rag, just continue supporting a criminal that will turn the country to a family business just like the way Lagos account is been run by him. I pity your generation, am sure you were not paid upto 1milion for doing this rubbish.
Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by Professorddm: 2:04pm On Aug 05, 2022
When will this same "fact check" inform us that the sultan , chairman of miyetti Allah and chairman of Muslim pilgrim welfare board had never come from the South?.... all this trends is because of 2023......we are waiting obediently.

1 Like

Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by lilfresh96(m): 2:04pm On Aug 05, 2022
21siyanbola:

Sultan is Monarchy type of system.
A Sultan should always be descendants of the Sokoto emir, no one else.

There is. Never an election to decide where the next sultan is coming from

I hope I answered your question

But MURIC you cannot say thesame

1 Like

Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by ANTIlSLAM(m): 2:05pm On Aug 05, 2022
trutharena:

Or are you southern Muslims not part of NSCIA?

1 Like

Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by Abelino(m): 2:07pm On Aug 05, 2022
CAN is not the cause of your predicament and problem. Go and face Nigeria.
Splitmind:
CAN is biased towards the South East and always shows hatred towards the North and South West. We don't need an organisation of bigots in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by jrusky(m): 2:07pm On Aug 05, 2022
Seefinish:
is Kogi state in the south west?
Ok. Also publish the names of chairman of National Council for Islamic Affairs from inception till date and see whether any Yoruba Muslim has ever been the chairman
In the year 2000, a Yoruba Muslim was stabbed to death by Hausa Muslim for leading a prayer in a mosque in Jos. He was tagged unclean and unfit. Go to Jos today, Yoruba has their own mosque.

No answer them such write up must come from those shameless ishmaelites descendants of blood sucking vampire who lack everything sense.

Has any Sotherner head Islamic Council of Nigeria ever

Bro ignore them. Let them go to Saudi and ask the Saudi govt if they are not a liar they should remove that rectangular structure with total darkness inside they claimed their prophet was buried and let the whole world see it. Up till now none of them can answer my question.

Tell them to ask Saudi why do they coined it inside the holy book that anyone who try to interorete or write the holy book in othe language or ask question about the prophet has committed blasphemy? Let Saudi provide any proof it was the Prophet that actually said so or gave such instruction?

2 Likes

Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by etrouble: 2:11pm On Aug 05, 2022
Ekundayo7574:
Fact-Check: Is it true that CAN has Never Had a Northern Christian as its President Since 1976?

An online check by PRNigeria revealed that, contrary to the claim made in the post, the 5th CAN President, Archbishop John Cardinal Olorunfemi Onaiyekan who served from 2007-2010 was actually an indigene of Kogi, a North-central state in Nigeria.

https://prnigeria.com/2022/07/16/northern-christian-president/

So John Cardinal Olorunfemi Onaiyekan is a Hausa + Fulani + Kanuri man

1 Like

Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by Abelino(m): 2:11pm On Aug 05, 2022
Suddenly all these facts starts coming out because CAN and Christians in Nigeria are saying No to Muslim/Muslims Tickets. Hello,CAN is never the cause of your problem or predicament. Go and face Nigeria.
BlazinGlory40:

This is not about ethnicity sir! It’s about the argument that a northern christian has never been CAN president which the article has disproven. Is Kogi in the north? Yes! Is a yoruba christian from kogi a northern christian? Yes! Finito!!!

1 Like

Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by Kingsolar: 2:12pm On Aug 05, 2022
Ekundayo7574:
Fact-Check: Is it true that CAN has Never Had a Northern Christian as its President Since 1976?

https://prnigeria.com/2022/07/16/northern-christian-president/
This should be our least of concerns in this country now
Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by Kingof2nations(m): 2:14pm On Aug 05, 2022
How far when we go gt sultan from osun State na or kwara

1 Like

Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by Firstson33(m): 2:14pm On Aug 05, 2022
Stupid fact check , have you heard of a southern Imam before , when would this Muslims ever think equal, what’s you can’t do in your region don’t imposed it on the Christians, you demand too much that’s you can’t give nor takes , stupid Muric and Islam is a stupid religion mainly bent to slave the average Fulani man and cause religions conflicts.
Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by dododawa1: 2:24pm On Aug 05, 2022
CAN and POLITICANS and CO are same.

1 Like

Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by etrouble: 2:25pm On Aug 05, 2022
Chnbanc:
Sorry what is the meaning of can?
I just dropped out of space

Cannibals Association of Nigeria - CAN
Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by kayperry: 2:26pm On Aug 05, 2022
Philipponzaghi:
Lol the person that did this fact-checking don kolomental.

So Archbishop John Olorunfemi Onaiyekan, a Yoruba man is now the candidate of the Northern minorities Christians?

If Tinubu pick a Yoruba Christian from the Northern geopolitical zone, will the other Northern Christian tribes in Jos, Benue, Taraba, Southern Kaduna, and other places accept him as one of their own?

CAN marginalizing middle-belt Christians and those in the core North. CAN should be ashamed of themselves.

I get your point tho, buh before i engage you any further ... can you please mention just five pastors in the north with hausa names.

If you insist arcbishop olorunfemi onaiyekan is not a fair representation of north despite he was born there, then mention churches in the north that are founded & presided over by hausas/fulani ... only then we can argue

1 Like

Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by abc115: 2:28pm On Aug 05, 2022
Mumu PR Nigeria...Is Onaiyekan not a Yoruba man...why don't you have Hausa Fulani as President of CAN?

God Bless Incoming President Bola Ahmed Tinubu

1 Like

Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by Igboslayer: 2:28pm On Aug 05, 2022
Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor Is a PDP member flying dollars in private jet to buy arms for Nigeria military during the time of Goodluck Jonathan. Crazy association of tithe eating criminals called pastors.

1 Like

Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by Talknochip(m): 2:31pm On Aug 05, 2022
This doesn't matter among believers.
We may have differences in doctrines. But,
We see ourselves as one under the finished work of Christ..

All this just to justify their disturbing Muslim Muslim ticket
Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by Morphinne: 2:32pm On Aug 05, 2022
21siyanbola:
Whatttttt?!
You these nairaland ppl wee not kill pesin grin. Sultan is the Arabic form of King so we can say Sultanate = kingdom, ok?
So a southerner can and will never be coronated to head a Sultanate just the same way you will never see an Hausa king down south.
Now back to the article, fact checker fall my hand small sha but I understand that they’re just trying to be just. How on earth will you categorize an “ Olorunfemi Onaiyekan” as a northern man? Just how?
This is like saying that Pastor Oyedepo is a Northerner since he is a native of the north-central state of Kwara. FYI, kabba is the Yoruba part of Kogi state, which was formerly a part of Kwara and there’s nothing northern about them. They speak their own dialect of Yoruba which most other Yoruba people would understand but might not be able to speak. I wasn’t going to put mouth in this because I don’t see CAN as people representing our interests as Christians but let anyone who seeks equity do so with clean hands. So the same CAN that has been clamoring for a muslim/Christian ticket has had just one Northern head since over 40 years of existence, and to make things worse, this so called northerner is JOHN OLORUNFEMI ONAIYEKAN and you guys are defending this utter rubbish. I can see you watch too much Zee world, that’s why you’re extraordinarily….. grin

1 Like

Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by obaaderemi: 2:35pm On Aug 05, 2022
JAMO84:
Onayikan is Yoruba, he cannot be classified as middle belt that can represent Plateau or Taraba

CAN has exit for close to fifty years, yet they cannot find a single middle belt Christian to be their President.

HYPOCRISY ON THE PULPIT
Sunday Awoniyi from Kabba was the chairman of AREWA Consultative Forum, an important northern organization, for many years. If the north could classify Awoniyi as a northerner then Onaaiyekan is a northerner. wink
Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by Enwhen(m): 2:38pm On Aug 05, 2022
Philipponzaghi:
Lol the person that did this fact-checking don kolomental.

So Archbishop John Olorunfemi Onaiyekan, a Yoruba man is now the candidate of the Northern minorities Christians?

If Tinubu pick a Yoruba Christian from the Northern geopolitical zone, will the other Northern Christian tribes in Jos, Benue, Taraba, Southern Kaduna, and other places accept him as one of their own?

CAN marginalizing middle-belt Christians and those in the core North. CAN should be ashamed of themselves.

So the campaign is now to CAN ??, pls play ur card and don't polarise it by dragging CAN into it, Leave CAN out of this , CAN is an association and not a country ...we are talking about Nigeria , a country, u are talking about CAN an Association... Can u also say thesame thing for Islam ?,...
Majority knw that the northern Muslims are very Religious and the only reason Baba Tinubu picked a Muslim from the north for acceptability and buck votes ...even the CAN knws this , but the outrage is about the consequences of which Baba Tinubu also knows about, but felt , winning should come first...do you u knw what would have become Nigeria if the Star Boy VP is not a Christian, mostly with the level of Religious conflicts under Baba Buhari govt ?... Even we saw the issue of RUGA , but with the VP as a Christian stance nerves were calm, we saw the Niger D avengers , and d VP as a Christian played a vital role , mostly because of some oppositing politicians who may want to take advantage of such issues...

Baba Tinubu is not a Bigot , neither is Sen. Shettima , but for the fear the level of insecurities and religious issues in Nigeria , Muslim Pres. and VP, Nigeria can be set aablaze with the fueling of opposition leaders in the name of religion ... I pray if Baba Tinubu wins , God should help him , But Nobody should say religion is not an issues at all, cos a Christian -Christian ticket for an incumbent party in Nigeria , can caused uprising in the North , thank God for the South ...
Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by kayperry: 2:39pm On Aug 05, 2022
tesppidd:
grin grin grin

Busted!

So in the entire Northern states it is Kogi that CAN are calling Northern Nigeria?

If Tinubu had chosen a Christian from Kogi as his running mate would Babachir Lawal, Yakubu Dogara, PDP urchins and Ipob touts accept him as a Northern Chirstian

grin

CAN just got busted, CAN should just start drawing the umbrella logo at all their offices around the country.

The problem with most of you kids is you hardly think ....
Incase you don't know, all elected CAN president from time memorial are pastors/clergy, in Nigeria of today mention just ONE prominent hausa pastor in the north.

Mention two churches founded and presided over by an hausa known in the north.

if out of 100 pastors in the north one is just an hausa, is it fair that one hausa represents the whole majority

1 Like

Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by obaaderemi: 2:39pm On Aug 05, 2022
Morphinne:

Whatttttt?!
You these nairaland ppl wee not kill pesin grin. Sultan is the Arabic form of King so we can say Sultanate = kingdom, ok?
So a southerner can and will never be coronated to head a Sultanate just the same way you will never see an Hausa king down south.
Now back to the article, fact checker fall my hand small sha but I understand that they’re just trying to be just. How on earth will you categorize an “ Olorunfemi Onaiyekan” as a northern man? Just how?
This is like saying that Pastor Oyedepo is a Northerner since he is a native of the north-central state of Kwara. FYI, kabba is the Yoruba part of Kogi state, which was formerly a part of Kwara and there’s nothing northern about them. They speak their own dialect of Yoruba which most other Yoruba people would understand but might not be able to speak. I wasn’t going to put mouth in this because I don’t see CAN as people representing our interests as Christians but let anyone who seeks equity do so with clean hands. So the same CAN that has been clamoring for a muslim/Christian ticket has had just one Northern head since over 40 years of existence, and to make things worse, this so called northerner is JOHN OLORUNFEMI ONAIYEKAN and you guys are defending this utter rubbish. I can see you watch too much Zee world, that’s why you’re extraordinarily….. grin
Nonsense!
Yet Sunday Awoniyi was chairman of AREWA Consultative Forum, a pan northern Nigerian group.
Stop insulting people to make a point as if you know it all yourself.
Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by Ransomtheking(m): 2:40pm On Aug 05, 2022
grin grin
Chnbanc:

Really? Awww
That's nice.
But please don't mind my inquisitive nature..
What is cannabis
Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by KanwuliaExtra: 2:42pm On Aug 05, 2022
Just like FAKE MUSLIMS. there are FAKE CHRISTIANS too!!!!

They know how to judge themselves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

War On Niger Republic Will Be War On Northern Nigeria - Usman Yusuf / VIO Not Permitted To Check Drivers Licence, Vehicle Particulars—frsc / Fulani Herdsmen Migrate To Bunu In Kogi State - Bunu People's Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.