Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,969 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President (32941 Views)

Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima / Fact Check: Is Bola Tinubu Currently In France As Viral Videos Portray? / Pick A Christian As Senate President Or House Of Reps Speaker', CAN Writes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by enumerica: 2:50pm On Aug 05, 2022
Ekundayo7574:
Fact-Check: Is it true that CAN has Never Had a Northern Christian as its President Since 1976?
/

Is it true that Sultan has never been a southern?

1 Like

Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by stevenosa(m): 2:50pm On Aug 05, 2022
Philipponzaghi:
Lol the person that did this fact-checking don kolomental.

So Archbishop John Olorunfemi Onaiyekan, a Yoruba man is now the candidate of the Northern minorities Christians?

If Tinubu pick a Yoruba Christian from the Northern geopolitical zone, will the other Northern Christian tribes in Jos, Benue, Taraba, Southern Kaduna, and other places accept him as one of their own?

CAN marginalizing middle-belt Christians and those in the core North. CAN should be ashamed of themselves.

Many of you here will just come online, because you can afford 100 naira data come begin vomit. Wetin concern you for all these matter?
Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by truthfinder319: 2:51pm On Aug 05, 2022
You are a jobless and bitter soul. Asiwaju is an achiever, Senator, Governor and likely Ptesident. Show us your dad's picture and not edited photos of Asiwaju

Enddy50ty:
Anytime wey I see Fact-Check I just know say na Cassava/ Agbado boys trying to market their grandpa turned Presidential candidate
Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by truthfinder319: 2:54pm On Aug 05, 2022
Just one so far and a Yoruba man for that matter. Why don't we have Taraba, Plateau, Benue etc and even the SE where majority are nominal Christians. I say nominal because most Nigerians only claim religious affiliation when it is convenient. Most are wicked and that is why religion and spirituality hard reflect in their character
Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by tesppidd: 2:58pm On Aug 05, 2022
kayperry:

The problem with most of you kids is you hardly think ....
Incase you don't know, all elected CAN president from time memorial are pastors/clergy, in Nigeria of today mention just ONE prominent hausa pastor in the north.

Mention two churches founded and presided over by an hausa known in the north.

if out of 100 pastors in the north one is just an hausa, is it fair that one hausa represents the whole majority
Rubbish!

All the CAN state chairmen in the North are prominent Clergy men qualified to be CAN President, it must not be one of your celebrity pastors.

Besides if you claim that them Northern pastors are not as prominent as the Southern pastors then the Northern Christian politicians are also not as prominent as the Northern Muslim politicians for running mate.

So whether you like to admit it or not, the Northern Pastors have been marginalized by CAN.

QED.

1 Like

Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by Zandena(f): 2:59pm On Aug 05, 2022
21siyanbola:
Has there ever been a southerner as SULTAN?
Can you see your stinking ignorance?
Sultan is a traditional stool that is appointed by Sokoto state government. However, the supreme council for Islamic affairs (SCIA) is headed by the sultan who is just a ceremonial leader while the secretary general is the administrative head for day-to-day running of the council. The following southerners have been the secretary general for over two decades:
Dr. Lateef Adegbite
Pro. Ishaq Oloyede
An Igbo muslims whose name i can not recall has also held the position
Currently, the Abuja National Mosque is under the administration of an Igbo Muslim.
Southern Christians believe northern Christians are second class citizens and are not Christians enough!

1 Like

Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by tesppidd: 3:00pm On Aug 05, 2022
enumerica:

Maybe yes.

But the issue here is about CAN but not the Muslim body.

It is CAN crying about marginalization of Chritians not Muslims or Sultan.

Besides it is called Sultan of Sokoto not Sultan of Nigeria.
Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by BlazinGlory40: 3:02pm On Aug 05, 2022
Abelino:
Suddenly all these facts starts coming out because CAN and Christians in Nigeria are saying No to Muslim/Muslims Tickets. Hello,CAN is never the cause of your problem or predicament. Go and face Nigeria.

You quoted the wrong person sir! Read my comment again and then edit.
Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by tesppidd: 3:06pm On Aug 05, 2022
obaaderemi:
Nonsense!
Yet Sunday Awoniyi was chairman of AREWA Consultative Forum, a pan northern Nigerian group.
Stop insulting people to make a point as if you know it all yourself.
Stop speaking half truths and insulting our sensibilities...

Even an 8 year old kid knows that middle belt states like Kwara, Kogi, Benue, Nasarawa are only part of the geographical North but not ethnically or culturally..

They do not even consider themselves Northerners.

Thinking you are convincing anybody that a man from Kwara means that CAN has had a Northern chairman is akin to taking yourself on a low ride.
Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by Ykc2(m): 3:12pm On Aug 05, 2022
Is true that only fulani are made sultan of sokoto? Look at the argument they brought up ,we will never vote Muslim Muslim ticket

1 Like

Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 05, 2022
enumerica:

You are not brilliant!

Sultan is indigenous.
Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by enumerica: 3:14pm On Aug 05, 2022
tesppidd:
Maybe yes.

But the issue here is about CAN but not the Muslim body.

It is CAN crying about marginalization of Chritians not Muslims or Sultan.

Besides it is called Sultan of Sokoto not Sultan of Nigeria.

Is Sultan not the head of Muslims in Nigeria?

Are there Muslims in the south as well?

Why is is that a southern can not be the head of Muslims in Nigeria?
Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by Gandollaar(f): 3:14pm On Aug 05, 2022
paramakina202:

And no Igbo man have become CAN president since 1976 even we are the only christian majority tribe in Nigeria and we not complaining.
Good observation.
Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 05, 2022
Philipponzaghi:

Nonsense statement. This is more about tribes then mere geographical expression of NC.

So of all the majority Christians of the Middlebelt, CAN can only make use of a Yoruba man as the president and you are justifying that?

I don't understand you. Is Kogi not in the North Central? Is it because he is a Yoruba that makes him not qualified to be appointed a CAN Chairman when he has been the Catholic Archbishop of FCT since Abacha era? If he is qualified to be appointed CAN Chairman, under which Zone will you put him?

Tomorrow, when a North Central appointment is given to Dino Melaye, you will come here to say of all the tribes in North Central why giving it to Yoruba? You can see now that there is nothing like Muslim Muslim ticket or Muslim Christian ticket in politics. Everything is just politics.

It is this same North Central people that imposed Chief Sunday Awoniyi on Obasanjo as PDP Chairman before Obasanjo rejected him.
Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by enumerica: 3:16pm On Aug 05, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:

You are not brilliant!

Sultan is indigenous.

The position is indigenous but he tells every Muslim southerners when a festival is set.
Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 05, 2022
21siyanbola:

Are you a graduate?
Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by Abelino(m): 3:19pm On Aug 05, 2022
I'm so sorry sir
BlazinGlory40:

You quoted the wrong person sir! Read my comment again and then edit.
Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by kayperry: 3:21pm On Aug 05, 2022
tesppidd:
Rubbish!

All the CAN state chairmen in the North are prominent Clergy men qualified to be CAN President, it must not be one of your celebrity pastors.

Besides if you claim that them Northern pastors are not as prominent as the Southern pastors then the Northern Christian politicians are also not as prominent as the Northern Muslim politicians for running mate.

So whether you like to admit it or not, the Northern Pastors have been marginalized by CAN.

QED.

It might be very difficult, buh try to think before you talk, i ask very simple questions

Don't twist my words, the focus is north ... i said mention pastors in the north with hausa name, lets start from there

1 Like

Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by obaaderemi: 3:22pm On Aug 05, 2022
tesppidd:
Stop speaking half truths and insulting our sensibilities...

Even an 8 year old kid knows that middle belt states like Kwara, Kogi, Benue, Nasarawa are only part of the geographical North but not ethnically or culturally..

They do not even consider themselves Northerners.

Thinking you are convincing anybody that a man from Kwara means that CAN has had a Northern chairman is akin to taking yourself on a low ride.
Did Sunday Awoniyi lead AREWA Consultative Forum, a pan northern Nigerian group or not? Yes or No?

2 Likes

Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by Agboriotejoye(m): 3:23pm On Aug 05, 2022
tesppidd:
grin grin grin

Busted!

So in the entire Northern states it is Kogi that CAN are calling Northern Nigeria?

If Tinubu had chosen a Christian from Kogi as his running mate would Babachir Lawal, Yakubu Dogara, PDP urchins and Ipob touts accept him as a Northern Chirstian

grin

CAN just got busted, CAN should just start drawing the umbrella logo at all their offices around the country.

I told you the other time that you're just looking for an excuse to support APC's candidate and you think you have found your strawman in CAN
I really wonder why you feel you need to go that route to support your preferred candidate. Who do you think you're fooling?
When Nigeria was delineated as North and South, where were you to correct the Colonialists that a Yoruba from Kogi or Kwara cannot be a Northerner.
When states were being created and Kabba people were again placed in Kogi state, north central, did you make any noise or have you raised any concern about that?
When Onaiyekan became CAN President and Catholic Archbishop of Abuja, did any northern Christian come out to say he is not part of them?
Now that the narrative does not favour you and your kind politically, you suddenly remember there are Yorubas in the North and then abrogate for yourself the right to determine for Babachir Lawal and Dogara what they would and would not accept.
Anyway, FYI, Onaiyekan is to all intent and purposes a northern Christian just as Ignatius Kaigama former Catholic President is a Northern Christian. No matter of jaundiced labels from your kind can change that

1 Like

Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by Positivepoint(m): 3:23pm On Aug 05, 2022
Seefinish:
is Kogi state in the south west?
Ok. Also publish the names of chairman of National Council for Islamic Affairs from inception till date and see whether any Yoruba Muslim has ever been the chairman
In the year 2000, a Yoruba Muslim was stabbed to death by Hausa Muslim for leading a prayer in a mosque in Jos. He was tagged unclean and unfit. Go to Jos today, Yoruba has their own mosque.

Can you share a link to verify the story about Hausa killing Yoruba in Jos?
Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by Morphinne: 3:24pm On Aug 05, 2022
obaaderemi:
Nonsense!
Yet Sunday Awoniyi was chairman of AREWA Consultative Forum, a pan northern Nigerian group.
Stop insulting people to make a point as if you know it all yourself.
Insult? Nah bros, perhaps you’ve mistaken me for an Ipob youth.
It’s ok, that won’t dissuade me from schooling you. So, to Awoniyi’s reference, ACF was created to fight for the right of the Northeners and the middle beltans in unison (emphasis on Unity).
This was done in 2003 (wiki) to make the middle Beltans trust the northern majority and this, of course, was a really nice, humane move, kudos to ACF . The screenshot below will open your eyes to see that the middle Beltans don’t see themselves to be northerners.
Again, middle Beltans/North-central ppl are not Northeners and it’s wrong to pick them to represent the interest of the whole north (they will obviously not gain much support/popularity. Away from that, My friend, you’re actually telling me that CAN didn’t see any core Christian Fulani, Kuje, Kanuri, Nupe or even Igala man to make their president since 1988, huh?
CAN has had 7 presidents since inception, having just two northerners in a society that’s divided into two major parts (North and South) is bad enough, ok? Now these two not being originally Northeners by tribe/birth makes things worse and denies them the moral right to preach equity to others. I hope you got my drift now?
Stay blessed.

Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 05, 2022
enumerica:

The position is indigenous but he tells every Muslim southerners when a festival is set.

For God sake, it’s called Sultan of Sokoto. Just like Óbá of Lagos, Oni of Ife, Awujale of Ijebu or Alake of Egba land.

How do this titles demand non indigenes as rulers?

This shouldn’t be a debate. argument or discussion.

1 Like

Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by Agboriotejoye(m): 3:25pm On Aug 05, 2022
JAMO84:
Onayikan is Yoruba, he cannot be classified as middle belt that can represent Plateau or Taraba

CAN has exit for close to fifty years, yet they cannot find a single middle belt Christian to be their President.

HYPOCRISY ON THE PULPIT
Onaiyekan is Northern Yoruba. If Saraki emerged from PDP would you say a southerner emerged?

You are worried about when a middle belter will become President of CAN whereas only a Fulani man can become leader of Muslims in Nigeria. Them use rope tie you join Fulani ne?
Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by thedio(m): 3:25pm On Aug 05, 2022
jrusky:

No answer them such write up must come from those shameless ishmaelites descendants of blood sucking vampire who lack everything sense.

Has any Sotherner head Islamic Council of Nigeria ever

Bro ignore them. Let them go to Saudi and ask the Saudi govt if they are not a liar they should remove that rectangular structure with total darkness inside they claimed their prophet was buried and let the whole world see it. Up till now none of them can answer my question.

Tell them to ask Saudi why do they coined it inside the holy book that anyone who try to interorete or write the holy book in othe language or ask question about the prophet has committed blasphemy? Let Saudi provide any proof it was the Prophet that actually said so or gave such instruction?

Fact check
That rectangular structure is called kaaba and Mohammed was not buried inside. Mohammed grave has no shed and it was demarcated with stones

For ur information we av Yoruba Quran,Hausa and some other languages translation of Quran.
I know u guys have been fed with lots of poisons about Islam by ur pastors but its gud u r pouring them out for correction
Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by Agboriotejoye(m): 3:27pm On Aug 05, 2022
Morphinne:

Insult? Nah bros, perhaps you’ve mistaken me for an Ipob youth.
It’s ok, that won’t dissuade me from schooling you. So, to Awoniyi’s reference, ACF was created to fight for the right of the Northeners and the middle beltans in unison (emphasis on Unity).
This was done in 2003 (wiki) to make the middle Beltans trust the northern majority and this, of course, was a really nice, humane move, kudos to ACF . The screenshot below will open your eyes to see that the middle Beltans don’t see themselves to be northerners.
Again, middle Beltans/North-central ppl are not Northeners and it’s wrong to pick them to represent the interest of the whole north (they will obviously not gain much support/popularity. Away from that, My friend, you’re actually telling me that CAN didn’t see any core Christian Fulani, Kuje, Kanuri, Nupe or even Igala man to make their president since 1988, huh?
CAN has had 7 presidents since inception, having just two northerners in a society that’s divided into two major parts (North and South) is bad enough, ok? Now these two not being originally Northeners by tribe/birth makes things worse and denies them the moral right to preach equality to others. I hope you got my drift now?
Stay blessed.

Nupe and Igala are also Middle Belters hope you're aware. If Nigeria is divided into only North and South as political urchins claim, then that means Middle belters are neither here nor there according to you

1 Like

Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by Agboriotejoye(m): 3:28pm On Aug 05, 2022
Compton11. A northerner once emerged as CAN President. When will a Southerner become President of NSCIA? grin

1 Like

Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by WithFact: 3:30pm On Aug 05, 2022
Oceanjagaban:
short form for Cannabis

grin grin grin.
Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by Morphinne: 3:30pm On Aug 05, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:

grin

For God sake, it’s called Sultan of Sokoto. Just like Óbá of Lagos, Oni of Ife, Awujale of Ijebu or Alake of Egba land.

How do this titles demand non indigenes as rulers?

This shouldn’t be a debate. argument or discussion.
You get time
You never see anything grin
Some nairalanders will soon demand that a Nigerian man be made the Pharaoh of Egypt grin
These are indigenous titles for crying out loud cry
Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by thedio(m): 3:31pm On Aug 05, 2022
Kingof2nations:
How far when we go gt sultan from osun State na or kwara
Sultan from Osun? R u sure u did not escape from lambo hall.
Can u get olu of warri from cross river
Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by BenzEne1(m): 3:32pm On Aug 05, 2022
21siyanbola:

How can a Southerner be the Sultan of Sokoto
Try dey reason before you type. That's like installing a northerner as Alaafin.
Re: Fact-Check: Is It True That CAN Has Never Had A Northern Christian As President by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 05, 2022
Ekundayo7574:
Fact-Check: Is it true that CAN has Never Had a Northern Christian as its President Since 1976?

https://prnigeria.com/2022/07/16/northern-christian-president/

Lol...APC na scam

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Hails Okoro’s World Bank Appointment, Ogwumike Too / Sanwo-Olu, Lawal, Dogara, Others Submit Tinubu’s Presidential Nomination Forms / KAI Officials & Soldiers Clash In Ojuelegba, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.