Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,442 members, 7,823,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Taiwan Visit: China Halts Climate, Military Ties With US; Sanctions Pelosi - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Taiwan Visit: China Halts Climate, Military Ties With US; Sanctions Pelosi (33237 Views)

France reacts as Niger Severs Military Ties / Russia retaliates, bans Obama, 499 US Citizens over US sanctions / Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taiwan Visit: China Halts Climate, Military Ties With US; Sanctions Pelosi by TechtraGadgets: 7:31pm On Aug 05, 2022
Karnice600:

...and you had 35 likes for this bullshit. The sanity of those 35 people is what is of great concern right now.

Spoken like a 20 something year that think he's smart but actually dumb
Re: Taiwan Visit: China Halts Climate, Military Ties With US; Sanctions Pelosi by fxexperts: 7:33pm On Aug 05, 2022
ike007:
United States are fu.ckin.g hypocrites...what about Cuba that they blockaded nkor? Stupid USA..no be their fault, they haven't had their next door threatened. Taiwan never learn from Ukraine. That the United States are toothless bulldog who just encroach on the weak nations?
If Putin was a good neighbor will his immediate neighbor's opt for a mutual beneficial relationship with the west. If not for bullies' like Putin there would have been no need for NATO. The same thing if there was no Devil there would have been n need for your god. That is why the US can never crush Russia.
Re: Taiwan Visit: China Halts Climate, Military Ties With US; Sanctions Pelosi by tishbite42: 7:33pm On Aug 05, 2022
Parkji:
u mean the yeye putin that threatened to strike any nato soil that is used in ship arms to ukraine ?

after six months arms arms kept flooding ukraine through poland and nothing is still done by dictator putin.
go tell this putin's petite story to ur backyard kids
Declare no-fly zone, then we know you're serious
Re: Taiwan Visit: China Halts Climate, Military Ties With US; Sanctions Pelosi by fxexperts: 7:34pm On Aug 05, 2022
Lovenorth:
I like the way China is approaching US, this Taiwan so-called president should be very careful with the most powerful country on earth. China has the ability to smoke them out in less than an hour.
The Mumu too much oo..
Re: Taiwan Visit: China Halts Climate, Military Ties With US; Sanctions Pelosi by fxexperts: 7:37pm On Aug 05, 2022
ademola721gmai:
They explicitly said they believe in the ‘One China Policy’ and yet one to continue treating Taiwan ( an Island) the Chinese considers its own - meaning the US shares the same belief. All in the effort to using Taiwan as a check on Chinese rise.
The only one I need to advise here are the Taiwanese. Don’t fall for the Yankees cunning tactics- they care for no one but their own interest.
Then they should trust the Chinese instead.

TechtraGadgets:

What stupid freedom? Taiwan is and has always been a part of China. No country in the world, including the US, recognises Taiwan as an independent country.

The US suddenly has interest in a sovereign Taiwan because most of the chips used in Smartphones and modern cars come from TSMC in Taiwan.

Pull your head out of the butthole of woke american narcissists like Pelosi and the American media.

Side note, Sri Lanka destroyed it's economy by buying into the bullshit climate change gospel from the west. Hopefully, Africa doesn't make the same mistake.

The same way your country is a part of the Uk. and you people are still their slave and should be annex.
Re: Taiwan Visit: China Halts Climate, Military Ties With US; Sanctions Pelosi by riczy(m): 7:37pm On Aug 05, 2022
Wat is to befall Taiwan is on d horizon! Taiwan will sink!
Re: Taiwan Visit: China Halts Climate, Military Ties With US; Sanctions Pelosi by Parkji: 7:42pm On Aug 05, 2022
tishbite42:

Declare no-fly zone, then we know you're serious

MY FAR I DNT LIKE AMERICA DUE TO SOO MANY REASONS BT TRUH MUST BE TOLD. THERE IS NO WAY AMERICA IS DECLARING NO FLY ZONE IN UKRAINE.
WHY SHOULD AMERICA DECLARE A NO FLY ZONE IN UKRAINE ?
Re: Taiwan Visit: China Halts Climate, Military Ties With US; Sanctions Pelosi by Karnice600: 7:48pm On Aug 05, 2022
sukkot:
how so ?

Cos America became a world power without China. China on the other hand only became significant, not without America.
If push comes to shove and China loses the US and EU market, then she'll be nosediving down to irrelevance. The US and EU alone, now bonded and strengthened by Putin's stupidity, could become China's greatest nightmare.
The US no doubt will get bruised, but the best strategist will come out fairing better.., of course you can give that to the subtle West, not China.
Re: Taiwan Visit: China Halts Climate, Military Ties With US; Sanctions Pelosi by Karnice600: 7:54pm On Aug 05, 2022
Kingpin1000:

Go back and study History, Taiwan claims that mainland china is part of its territory, while mainland China claims Taiwan is part of its territory.
Who is looking for freedom then.

All these bet9ja shop analogy.
Anyway you even try small sef. Your other guys for here terrible pass you.
Re: Taiwan Visit: China Halts Climate, Military Ties With US; Sanctions Pelosi by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 05, 2022
fxexperts:

These Nigerians self. You don't understand anything yet you want to from woke. How is the US instigating trouble. There have never been any real conflict since WW2, and that is thanks to the USA. If not for them do you think you will be living in peace at this moment. Do yo think if the US fall from world power today, your village will be in peace. If not for the US china would have annex Taiwan long ago. Look at what they did to Hongkong, After the British built Hongkong to the financial powerhouse it is today, because Hongkong was still a part of china. The minute the UK decide to withdraw from Hongkong after signing a treaty for China to recognize Hongkong as a special state, which they agreed. As soon as the British left, what happened to Hongkong. its that same people you are supporting.
As soon as the US fall from world power, first of all Military will overthrow your Buhari or whatever president you have in your shithole. Then Cameroon will think of invading your shithole country. Then the return of slave trade.

First of all, how old are you? You yourself read your paragraph again and don’t you think you deserve to be flogged by your history teacher…? Oh oops I remember they have scrapped history from the Nigerian academy curriculum. Even at that are you not supposed to seek for knowledge and understanding before you come here on a public forum to disgrace your kind..

The definition of you is ignorance at its best.

Where were you when USA invaded Iraq?
Where were you when USA invaded Afghanistan?
Where were you when USA (nato) bombed Yugoslavia in 1999…?
Where were you when USA invaded Syria?
Where were you when USA (nato) invaded Libya?
Where were you when USA fought a war in Vietnam?

I can go on and on and on…. is that what you call peace? I guess you are still a baby, go back to living under your parents roof, this topic is too complex for you.

1 Like

Re: Taiwan Visit: China Halts Climate, Military Ties With US; Sanctions Pelosi by Kingcalls: 7:58pm On Aug 05, 2022
fxexperts:
And you Think Mexico will agree and trust those dictators. Why cant you ask yourself why are these countries allowing the US to have bases in their own soil if not for protection and mutual benefit. Tell me if the US say they want to have a base in Nigeria today and help us fight Bokoharam and other ISWAP terrorist. Tell me if you will not support them. Unless you are brainwashed then you can reject such gesture of kindness.

Western media has really 4kd u guys up
Re: Taiwan Visit: China Halts Climate, Military Ties With US; Sanctions Pelosi by Karnice600: 7:58pm On Aug 05, 2022
Kaiser20:
USA : from Afghanistan
To. Ukraine now Taiwan,
Always unfinished business.
China might not be democratic but it is still the reason Many African, Asian, and Latin America countries are still feeding and have assess to basic infrastructures.

How was Africa surviving before China rose to global significance?
Re: Taiwan Visit: China Halts Climate, Military Ties With US; Sanctions Pelosi by fxexperts: 8:05pm On Aug 05, 2022
Goddson:

First of all, how old are you? You yourself read your paragraph again and don’t you think you deserve to be flogged by your history teacher…? Oh oops I remember they have scrapped history from the Nigerian academy curriculum. Even at that are you not supposed to seek for knowledge and understanding before you come here on a public forum to disgrace your kind..

The definition of you is ignorance at its best.

Where were you when USA invaded Iraq?
Where were you when USA invaded Afghanistan?
Where were you when USA (nato) bombed Yugoslavia in 1999…?
Where were you when USA invaded Syria?
Where were you when USA (nato) invaded Libya?
Where were you when USA fought a war in Vietnam?

I can go on and on and on…. is that what you call peace? I guess you are still a baby, go back to living under your parents roof, this topic is too complex for you.

Look at this Kid. Still feeding from his parents with a feeding bottle. You call any of that charade a war. Know the definition of real war before you spill trash. When did US ever invade Libya. The way you fools beg them to intervene when Buhari wanted to kill you sick zombies during endsars, assuming they intervene you would have tagged US invaded Nigeria.. Joker. Go read about the Libya war again. US only impose a no fly zone after series of calls from protesters in Libya after Your lord and savior Gadhafi unleash fighters jet to bomb civilian. But i guess you don't know that. because you are brain dead. Or i forget you are still a toddler.
That was why they packed their bags and left your country. Let those Fulani Herdsmen finish you all in that shithole. You would have also tagged they invaded Nigeria. Its is people like you who blame God for creating you, and your parents for giving birth to you. Joker

3 Likes

Re: Taiwan Visit: China Halts Climate, Military Ties With US; Sanctions Pelosi by Karnice600: 8:09pm On Aug 05, 2022
MT:

Sadly, Taiwan is not China. China is communist, Taiwan is democratic. Taiwan collects its own tax, votes for its own president, has its own passport, has its own military. It is entirely self ruled.

No one can dictate to the US. Pelosi dared China and there was absolutely nothing they did about it apart from shooting missiles into Taiwan water. Such a waste

Please leave that boy. No matter how you explain for am e no go understand. Him dey see them as two different clan from one village, not as two opposite political systems. He doesn't even know the history behind their story to begin with.
Free the boy.
Re: Taiwan Visit: China Halts Climate, Military Ties With US; Sanctions Pelosi by fxexperts: 8:11pm On Aug 05, 2022
Kingcalls:

Western media has really 4kd u guys up

And what media has 4kd u guys up. master Conspiracy theorist i hale you.
Re: Taiwan Visit: China Halts Climate, Military Ties With US; Sanctions Pelosi by Xfemt(m): 8:19pm On Aug 05, 2022
Kingpin1000:
Anyone who thinks things will get better is not a Christian or does not read his/her bible.
Things will only get worse until Jesus comes.
What was the reason for Nancy Pelosi's visit, I guess to stir up trouble.
They will soon start blaming China but China gave them their last warning which was still used to mock China.
the question you should be asking is
What does china what to do with small island of Taiwan

Abi the large land mass when dem get no reach

At list Russia own is justified for attacking Ukraine

What is the justification of china wanting to attack Taiwan

China can’t do nothing
They are just blabbing

Even Taiwan has what it takes to match china

Taiwan that built major roads just for both cars and plane
You feel say them no prepare
Re: Taiwan Visit: China Halts Climate, Military Ties With US; Sanctions Pelosi by Kingpin1000: 8:22pm On Aug 05, 2022
Karnice600:

Taiwan has her president. China has hers. What has Taiwan's reception of her guest got to do with China's security?
Make your research on why it got this way.
Research about Mao and Chiang
Re: Taiwan Visit: China Halts Climate, Military Ties With US; Sanctions Pelosi by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 05, 2022
fxexperts:

Look at this Kid. Still feeding from his parents with a feeding bottle. You call any of that charade a war. Know the definition of real war before you spill trash. When did US ever invade Libya. The way you fools beg them to intervene when Buhari wanted to kill you sick zombies during endsars, assuming they intervene you would have tagged US invaded Nigeria.. Joker. Go read about the Libya war again. US only impose a no fly zone after series of calls from protesters in Libya after Your lord and savior Gadhafi unleash fighters jet to bomb civilian. But i guess you don't know that. because you are brain dead. Or i forget you are still a toddler.
That was why they packed their bags and left your country. Let those Fulani Herdsmen finish you all in that shithole. You would have also tagged they invaded Nigeria. Its is people like you who blame God for creating you, and your parents for giving birth to you. Joker

You just proved to me once again that you are a child based on your statement…
Even folks here on nairaland will be ashamed to associate with your fallacy… I can only give kudos to CNN and co for their successful propaganda on you.

Besides where are you chatting from because you are quick to talk about “you Nigerians” and “buhari this and that”….
Re: Taiwan Visit: China Halts Climate, Military Ties With US; Sanctions Pelosi by fxexperts: 9:15pm On Aug 05, 2022
Goddson:

You just proved to me once again that you are a child based on your statement…
Even folks here on nairaland will be ashamed to associate with your fallacy… I can only give kudos to CNN and co for their successful propaganda on you.

Besides where are you chatting from because you are quick to talk about “you Nigerians” and “buhari this and that”….

You speak of fallacy as if you know anything. Always a leftist. When others are going right you are going left like a stubborn little child. Well cant argue with a kid. You do not do any research on your own, Always relying on your own brainwashed leftest theory. Be there supporting China. but if you are given an opportunity for a free visa to choose one of those country you will immediately jump to the west leaving your darling China or Russia behind. People like you are the reason a know Witchcraft is real and truly the devil dwell among some blacks in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Taiwan Visit: China Halts Climate, Military Ties With US; Sanctions Pelosi by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 05, 2022
fxexperts:

You speak of fallacy as if you know anything. Always a leftist. When others are going right you are going left like a stubborn little child. Well cant argue with a kid. You do not do any research on your own, Always relying on your own brainwashed leftest theory. Be there supporting China. but if you are given an opportunity for a free visa to choose one of those country you will immediately jump to the west leaving your darling China or Russia behind. People like you are the reason a know Witchcraft is real and truly the devil dwell among some blacks in Africa.

I don’t want to waste my energy on you, it might take you a decade before the fog and veil clears from your brain and eyes.
Besides Ve been to USA, Europe and China and I’m not saying this to blab, it’s just so you can know the person you are engaging in conversation with is far exposed than you. I don’t sit at home and imagine the affairs of the world, I’m well traveled and enlightened..
Re: Taiwan Visit: China Halts Climate, Military Ties With US; Sanctions Pelosi by bitingcool: 9:52pm On Aug 05, 2022
SIMONEKPA7:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin smiley
Small Yansh de shake o.
Fukkk China and all its sympathizers... God bless America, The God Nation

There is no nation more demonic that the United States..
Re: Taiwan Visit: China Halts Climate, Military Ties With US; Sanctions Pelosi by fxexperts: 10:12pm On Aug 05, 2022
Goddson:

I don’t want to waste my energy on you, it might take you a decade before the fog and veil clears from your brain and eyes.
Besides Ve been to USA, Europe and China and I’m not saying this to blab, it’s just so you can know the person you are engaging in conversation with is far exposed than you. I don’t sit at home and imagine the affairs of the world, I’m well traveled and enlightened..

Then it might take you a century to grow up and understand what is hidden from you. If you have had dealings with the Americans, Europeans and Chinese like i do. Then you will know better who to trust and who to not to trust. I have had countless dealings with both the Chinese and the Europeans to know the Chinese will only trick into a business deal without respect for the contractual agreement signed. So be careful what you wish for yourself and your family you just might get it and cry later.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taiwan Visit: China Halts Climate, Military Ties With US; Sanctions Pelosi by Karnice600: 10:25pm On Aug 05, 2022
Kingpin1000:

Make your research on why it got this way.
Research about Mao and Chiang

I know that already son. CCP and KMT . So what is your point?
Re: Taiwan Visit: China Halts Climate, Military Ties With US; Sanctions Pelosi by edosignature(m): 10:36pm On Aug 05, 2022
Nancy Pelosi is an ugly witch with an evil agenda of the US.
Re: Taiwan Visit: China Halts Climate, Military Ties With US; Sanctions Pelosi by Amayabor1: 10:53pm On Aug 05, 2022
TechtraGadgets:

If you read my post carefully, you'll see that I mentioned "sovereign Taiwan"

There's always been skirmishes about who controls the straits in the South China sea. The US has always had interests in the region and in Taiwan but its interest in an "independent, sovereign Taiwan" has grown due to TSMC basically being the backbone of modern of tech.

You say it's laughable. So you think it's because of democracy like it was in Libya, Afghanistan, Iraq..?

The Sri Lankan port issue pales in comparison to the billions of dollars of investments that China has made across Africa and Asia. It is giving American politicians sleepless nights.

"while the US goes to Afghanistan to preach about toxic masculinity, China goes there to build roads and bridges" - David Sacks, PayPal cofounder.

The fact that you will dismiss Taiwan not being recognised as an independent country as let us hear word, means you do not understand the gravity of what is being talked about. You ignore international laws and politics, thousands of people die, then you point your narcissistic finger towards China.

Let's be clear on certain things so we don't start going back and forth.

You: No Country in the world recognises Taiwan as an independent country.

Me: This is a lie. There are countries in the world that recognises Taiwan as an independent/ sovereign nation and such countries have OFFICIAL diplomatic relations with Taiwan. This is the fact!

You: There has always been skirmishes about who controls the straits in the south china sea.

Me: When you say straits, i guess you mean the Taiwan straits. Well, there has never been any skirmishes about who controls the Taiwan straits. While China claims ownership of the strait (same way it claims ownership of almost all of the south china sea), the US has always stated that the Taiwan strait and most of the SCS that china claims as it's own are international waters. This is why the US regularly flies fighter jets and sails warships through the Taiwan strait to buttress to china that the Taiwan strait and most of the SCS are international waters. A country can't claim an expansive body of water because it bothers the sea. The Taiwan strait connects the south china sea to the east china sea making it one of the busiest trading route in the world. The US and other right thinking nations will never allow China to claim all of the Taiwan strait and most of the SCS as it's own! Never!

You: The US interest in an independent, Sovereign Taiwan has grown due to Taiwan's TSMC

Me: Lol. You don't even know what you are saying. what defines an independent/Sovereign state? Taiwan governs it's own affairs, elect it's own leaders, have a standing military, have it's own currency. List the characteristics of an independent/sovereogn nation and tell me the one Taiwan lacks.

US still maintains a policy of "strategic ambiquity" as it relates to Taiwan.

So, your statement that the US interest for an independent, Sovereign Taiwan doesn't even make sense.

You: China has made dollars of investment in Africa and Asia.

Me: China hasn't done half of what the US has done in this aspect. It's even possible that you have been a beneficiary of US aid to Nigeria. The US is the biggest single donor to agencies like UNICEF, WHO etc. There are several USAID projects in Nigeria and all over Africa.

You:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Taiwan Visit: China Halts Climate, Military Ties With US; Sanctions Pelosi by Offpointng: 11:05pm On Aug 05, 2022
Lovenorth:
I like the way China is approaching US, this Taiwan so-called president should be very careful with the most powerful country on earth. China has the ability to smoke them out in less than an hour.

That was what ignoramus like you told Putin and now he's left with investing billions needed to help his economy to fight Ukraine. You're not smart
Re: Taiwan Visit: China Halts Climate, Military Ties With US; Sanctions Pelosi by Offpointng: 11:10pm On Aug 05, 2022
Kingcalls:
I'm beginning to believe that the usa is Anti christ... they keep on doing to others what they themselves will not accept... if I were China or Russia...we will just collabo and build a powerful military station in Mexico so thst they will know how it feels .... just give Mexico 5 billion dollars ...they will accept

Even if they offer Mexico a trillion dollars he'll not try that shit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Taiwan Visit: China Halts Climate, Military Ties With US; Sanctions Pelosi by Offpointng: 11:12pm On Aug 05, 2022
Blackman101:
I hope the US will not push the world to another world war anytime soon. The small knockout that Russian send to Ukraine, price of bread and fuel, gas is about to kill people finish in Africa.

Presently, everything used in the developing world (from toothpick, tv, clothe, shoes, building items) are produced in china, the level of hunger and death in an event of war between US/Taiwan vs China will be better imagined than experienced

we are watching, i just hope the Slow motion man in the villa in taking note oh

Normal normal, the Ukraine war no suppose affect us for here. Na Buhari be stupid Dan iska man
Re: Taiwan Visit: China Halts Climate, Military Ties With US; Sanctions Pelosi by Nobody: 11:28pm On Aug 05, 2022
fxexperts:
Then it might take you a century to grow up and understand what is hidden from you. If you have had dealings with the Americans, Europeans and Chinese like i do. Then you will know better who to trust and who to not to trust. I have had countless dealings with both the Chinese and the Europeans to know the Chinese will only trick into a business deal without respect for the contractual agreement signed. So be careful what you wish for yourself and your family you just might get it and cry later.

What kind of gibberish are you spewing?
It seems you find so much joy in ignorance and being dumb…

First of all what’s your own understanding of being woke? You said something like that from the initial..
You seem to have a slave mentality with every statement you have made. I guess your ultimate goal in life is American visa that’s why you are basking in ignorance and saying what you don’t know.

We are here trying to enlighten and emancipate the likes of you from mental slavery but a slave will always be a slave no matter what.

Remember I told you in one of my reply to you that you are a child and you don’t know history, if you did you won’t be messaging all this gibberish.

“You enslave a man by erasing his history”…

“I would rather die standing than live on my knees”… to you reverse is the case.

Besides you said you have dealings with Americans, Europeans and Chinese… hmm in this faceless forum, na wa ooo.

Just go back to being a good boy that you are living under your parents roof and enjoy watch your CNN and other western propaganda channels.
Re: Taiwan Visit: China Halts Climate, Military Ties With US; Sanctions Pelosi by ike007(m): 11:32pm On Aug 05, 2022
fxexperts:
If Putin was a good neighbor will his immediate neighbor's opt for a mutual beneficial relationship with the west. If not for bullies' like Putin there would have been no need for NATO. The same thing if there was no Devil there would have been n need for your god. That is why the US can never crush Russia.

The WARSAW PACT was created because of the threat of the USA and her imperialistic allies o(NATO). Speaking of the threats and bullying, didn't the Ukrainian government harbour Nazism and their sympathizers who killed and millage Russian speaking people in Ukraine. America has been on Russian asses since 1948.
Even speaking of bullying ask the Southern Americans wetin dem dey see for America hand. Guy America is too troublesome
Re: Taiwan Visit: China Halts Climate, Military Ties With US; Sanctions Pelosi by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 05, 2022
ike007:

The WARSAW PACT was created because of the threat of the USA and her imperialistic allies o(NATO). Speaking of the threats and bullying, didn't the Ukrainian government harbour Nazism and their sympathizers who killed and millage Russian speaking people in Ukraine. America has been on Russian asses since 1948.
Even speaking of bullying ask the Southern Americans wetin dem dey see for America hand. Guy America is too troublesome

Bro don’t waste your time with that guy, he is very ignorant…

2 Likes

Re: Taiwan Visit: China Halts Climate, Military Ties With US; Sanctions Pelosi by kabillionaire(m): 12:11am On Aug 06, 2022
I don't think so
Enddy50ty:
China needs America more than America needs China

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Turkey Moves To Restrict Entrance To Black Sea / Israel-hamas War: Truck Carrying Coffins Among Aid Convoy To Gaza / Taliban 'Worried About Andrew Tate' As They Ask For His Freedom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.