Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Bravery! As Man Over Powers Kidnappers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bravery! As Man Over Powers Kidnappers (4659 Views)

Crisis Brews As Dogara Moves To Strip Lasun Of Powers: Nation / River Water Level Rises Above Bridge As Man Drowns In Plateau State (Photos) / Bravery: Naval Officer Sacrificed Himself After Discovering Boko Haram Landmine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bravery! As Man Over Powers Kidnappers by ORAFA(m): 8:28pm On Aug 03, 2011
Bluetooth u must be too daft to think am insulting u. And 4 ur info av bin on nairaland since 2007. I just really dont comment on posts except I see a goat being EXTREMELY STUPID lyk u're doing then I know I've got to tug ur rope. Besides am not Ibo am 4rm BENUE but I know d truth must always be acknowledge. GO GET A LIFE SCUMBAG.

Re: Bravery! As Man Over Powers Kidnappers by buy1get3(m): 8:37pm On Aug 03, 2011
this is the rambo of our time buh make e no try am with BH o, somebody should go and warn him o, lolz
Re: Bravery! As Man Over Powers Kidnappers by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 03, 2011
I just have to comment on seanet and bluetooth.no need to be tribalistic. its very irritating, seems like you guys dont have anything meaningful to contribute.

doesnt matter whether anyone has been in nairaland long enough or not. its an open forum. Thank God the guy was saved.

And oh, b4 i forget, juju is practiced all over Naija and not peculiar to any tribe so quit making it seem like its an ibo thing
Re: Bravery! As Man Over Powers Kidnappers by nasoeb: 9:19pm On Aug 03, 2011
the coward , Lagcity thinks am igbo

Am not but honestly its better being an igbo than being a yerabbaa coward

go and read news update and see your useless yerabbaa brothers at what they know best, frausters , their "field of study"

fat foool

you no reach follow me talk

go bring your oduduwa or opc i can manage to talk to them not you or bluetooth or seanet, you are all boys, i need men
Re: Bravery! As Man Over Powers Kidnappers by assetstrip(m): 10:46pm On Aug 03, 2011
To Seanet and co i think u guys were probably pushed and thats why u attack ibo's on this forum but i think its time u gave it a rest and b the bigger man. This dude was confident and brave enough to deal with those muthafkrs who tried to jack him, kudos to him.
Re: Bravery! As Man Over Powers Kidnappers by udbyron1(m): 5:39am On Aug 04, 2011
this tells that all those actions in movies are confimred
Re: Bravery! As Man Over Powers Kidnappers by Sike(m): 9:09am On Aug 04, 2011
This Man Really Is just like Me. . .Hmmmm
Re: Bravery! As Man Over Powers Kidnappers by chidyke77(m): 11:24am On Aug 04, 2011
It is very unfortunate that a moderator that calls himself ''Chelseabmw'' could partake in tribalistic posting and i nw ask myself, wat are the jobs of the moderators in ths forum? Infact,am quite disappointed in Chelseabmw,a moderator for that matter.
Re: Bravery! As Man Over Powers Kidnappers by DisGuy: 12:00pm On Aug 04, 2011
How many times has this man been kidnapped? cos the story was on the same site last month

Drama as man rescues self from kidnappers
…Seizes gang’s AK47 riffle
From GEOFFREY ANYANWU, Awka
Friday, June 03, 2011

More Stories on This Section

Former state chairman of the Progressive Peoples Alliance (PPA) in Anambra, Chief Frank Igboka, braved the odds in the early hours of yesterday, rescuing himself from the hands of kidnappers and seizing an AK47 riffle from the gang.

and then this

Uncommon bravery Man seizes kidnappers’ riffle, shoots one in the back
From GEOFFREY ANYANWU, Awka
Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Call him super civilian and you may not be wrong for it is only an extraordinary man that could prove wrong the popular saying by the late pillar of sports, Chief M.K.O Abiola that only a mad man would fight with bare hands a man brandishing a gun.

Hon. Frank Igboka, former chief whip of the Anambra State House of Assembly on June 2, was faced with a life-threatening situation when he was abducted by gunmen believed to be kidnappers. But with a warrior’s heart and in a Rambo style, he without anything confronted his abductors and in the process, over-powered them and seized one of their AK47 riffles.
Re: Bravery! As Man Over Powers Kidnappers by DisGuy: 12:01pm On Aug 04, 2011
He said he is an OLYMPIC CHAMPION? anybody with a record to his medal or when he competed?
Re: Bravery! As Man Over Powers Kidnappers by DisGuy: 12:03pm On Aug 04, 2011
On 2 June, the Anambra State Police Command foiled the kidnap of the former State chairman of the Progressive Peoples Alliance (PPA), who is also a former Chief Whip of the State House of Assembly, Hon. Frank Anthony Igboka, in Anambra State.

An eight-man gang had seized Igboka near his home in Nimo, Njikoka Local Government Area, and bundled him into one of the black Sport Utility Vehicles (SUV) they were using for their operation. However, at Neni junction in Anaocha Local Government Area, the fleeing gang spotted a police checkpoint. Their frantic attempt to make a quick U-turn gave the former lawmaker, who is heavily built, an opportunity to struggle with his captors in a bid to bolt from the vehicle.

In the struggle, he fell off the vehicle, with one of the kidnappers tumbling down with him. He succeeded in seizing the kidnapper’s AK-47 rifle with three magazines which had fallen off him, but the hoodlum was able to jump back into the SUV as it sped off, before the police arrived.

Narating his experience, Igboka said: “I was driving my (Peogeot) 406 vehicle when these people swooped on me, dragged me out of the vehicle and drove off. So, on getting near Neni junction, they sighted a police check point and turned immediately. Before then, I had noticed that they were jittery and I started to struggle with them inside the vehicle”.

“Luckily, I fell off the vehicle with one of the kidnappers. But the boy ran into the jeep and they sped off”.

He said: “My brother, I have no mouth to talk to you now.The glory should go to God first. I thought I was in a dream land within those few minutes before the police arrived”.

The Commissioner of Police in Anambra State, Mr Murktar Ibrahim, confirmed the incident to newsmen. He gave the number of the AK47 rifle recovered from the kidnappers as 1993-AFA3254.

E no easy o nigerian press
Re: Bravery! As Man Over Powers Kidnappers by DisGuy: 12:05pm On Aug 04, 2011
My training
I was totally a barrack boy. I was brought up by a military man and I went to military school too. I have an experience about all these things. I won’t say I don’t have knowledge about these things; I have knowledge of it very, very well. So, that is why I was able to do it. Aside, I am a judoka and wrestler; an Olympic champion [/b]and I have been practicing. I have to apply all the techniques I know about self defense. That was what saved me. I am an Olympic wrestler, [b]a current champion in the Olympic in Judo and Wrestling. I have won about 30 gold medals.

Holy Mo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mrs Diezani Allison-madueke Demands Secret Meeting With Senators Over Pib / Rivers Commissioner For Power Kidnapped With Three College Officials / REPLY: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area.Why?what Happened?by MizMyColi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.