Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) - Travel (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) (91027 Views)

UK Point-based Immigration Programm. Thread 1 / UK To Introduce Points-based Immigration System To Be Brought In By End of 2020 / Schedule A Nurses And Physical Therapists: FastTrack Employment-based Green Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by uduafemhe24: 1:01pm On Apr 02
SodaWings1900:
Hello, please could you share the link to the telegram group with me at roadtofame16@gmail.com
thanks!

I am interested as well in the telegram group. Thanks.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by uduafemhe24: 1:04pm On Apr 02
Hello House,
NVC sent me this again for the second time.

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by TinFoil100: 3:20pm On Apr 02
uduafemhe24:
Hello House, NVC sent me this again for the second time.

Nothing to see. you will keep getting this every 60 days so long your priority date is current till you get Interview Letter. Enjoy the Winter season while it last grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Bolstic: 9:41pm On Apr 02
Please does anyone have the link to the Telegram group. Kindly share with me please my email address is bolstic19@gmail.com.
Thank you very much. Wishing everyone a successful outcome.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Babanaaboy1(m): 10:44pm On Apr 02
Received my 60 days case status update mail from NVC ... when is the interview date mail coming in ? This is becoming tiring .

I can imagine what the people who have been current passing through. My PD only just became current last month and I'm feeling this way . It's well oo!
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Babanaaboy1(m): 10:48pm On Apr 02
uduafemhe24:
Hello House,
NVC sent me this again for the second time.
Are you on EB3 ?
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by mightymuy: 5:28am On Apr 03
Please I'm in need of this also. My email is lummyjames@gmail.com. Thank you
Bolstic:
Please does anyone have the link to the Telegram group. Kindly share with me please my email address is bolstic19@gmail.com.
Thank you very much. Wishing everyone a successful outcome.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Juddy2018: 5:21pm On Apr 03
Please Am also interested in the telegram group, My email is marthajuddy2020@gmail.com . Thank you.
uduafemhe24:

I am interested as well in the telegram group. Thanks.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by scipy: 12:47am On Apr 04
Hi NotsonewMary
I have a question, i observed there is a mention of having a Bachelors and 5 year work experience in the “specialty” being mentioned in the RFE (they are quoting the criteria anyway).
So since my background is in Electrical engineering, just want to check with you how i could show evidence this degree is related to the field which I’m petitioning for.

I have earlier submitted my transcript and mentioning courses which i offered in school that relates to my endeavor but I wouldn’t know if there is anything else I could explore to tie up this end

Any suggestions are welcome

NotsonewMary:

You’re welcome!, It’s a lot of work and evidence gathering/compiling. I’m rooting for you, you gat this!!.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Aku660: 8:02am On Apr 05
Good day, All I'm wondering the possibility of transferring a case from Lagos to another country.
I learned that some people on family Visa are transferring to Sierra Leone.

My PD has been current for months yet no IL.

Everything for Naija na prayer and fasting.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Thecassanova: 9:29am On Apr 05
Aku660:
Good day, All I'm wondering the possibility of transferring a case from Lagos to another country.
I learned that some people on family Visa are transferring to Sierra Leone.

My PD has been current for months yet no IL.

Everything for Naija na prayer and fasting.
Unfortunately, You cannot transfer unless you hold sort of residency/citizenship in the country you’re transferring to.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Aku660: 11:19am On Apr 05
Yes, you are right.
I am a permanent resident in SA, but my family is in Nigeria. My initial address was changed from SA to Nigeria after EB2 NIW approval due to the challenge of applying Visa for my family.
Most people who applied from SA have gotten their Visa and are now in the US. The process seems to be faster in SA.
Thecassanova:

Unfortunately, You cannot transfer unless you hold sort of residency/citizenship in the country you’re transferring to.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by KemsyDA: 12:21pm On Apr 05
Wow, just similar situation with mind. I transferred from SA because SA refused to give my family members visas to join me despite being a PR in SA. So sad we are stuck here.....
The waiting is tiring, but hopefully, the IL will come....

Aku660:
Yes, you are right.
I am a permanent resident in SA, but my family is in Nigeria. My initial address was changed from SA to Nigeria after EB2 NIW approval due to the challenge of applying Visa for my family.
Most people who applied from SA have gotten their Visa and are now in the US. The process seems to be faster in SA.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Aku660: 1:29pm On Apr 05
I pray it comes quickly.
KemsyDA:
Wow, just similar situation with mind. I transferred from SA because SA refused to give my family members visas to join me despite being a PR in SA. So sad we are stuck here.....
The waiting is tiring, but hopefully, the IL will come....

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Aku660: 2:25pm On Apr 05
The monthly Visa issuances by post for February 2024 is out. According to the report,about 29 Visas were issued to E2 class.

Could it be that IL was issued in January 2024?

My PD is August 2022, which has been current since 4 months.

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Adnman: 2:49pm On Apr 05
Hello, Please, how long does it usually take to receive a receipt number from USCIS after filing the I-140 outside the US? My application was delivered to the USCIS three weeks ago, but I haven’t received anything yet, not even the e-notification of application acceptance.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Aku660: 2:52pm On Apr 05
Mine was within one month.
Adnman:
Hello, Please, how long does it usually take to receive a receipt number from USCIS after filing the I-140 outside the US? My application was delivered to the USCIS three weeks ago, but I haven’t received anything yet, not even the e-notification of application acceptance.

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Adnman: 3:05pm On Apr 05
Aku660:
Mine was within one month.

Ok, thanks. I guess they are using standard delivery.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by TinFoil100: 4:09pm On Apr 05
Aku660:
The monthly Visa issuances by post for February 2024 is out. According to the report, about 29 Visas were issued to E2 class. Could it be that IL was issued in January 2024? My PD is August 2022, which has been current since 4 months.

Doubt IL was sent in January, likely a spillover from cases that finally had interview in January with AP. Remember there are people ahead of your PD and DQ time as well. To avoid stressing myself, zeroed my mind for IL by end of august or early september.

Trying to understand the appointment scheduling @ lagos consulate is pretty much effort in futility. looking at trend of NIV appointments scheduling and IV (IR/CR) cases, you may see why EB class have no appointment scheduled.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Juddy2018: 5:19pm On Apr 05
Adnman:

Mine took a month and two weeks. just be patience, also if you are using an attorney let him send a mail to USCIS if it is staying longer.

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Thecassanova: 9:20pm On Apr 05
Aku660:
Yes, you are right.
Yes in SA once your PD is current, within 3 months you get IL. You could have just left the address in SA, then your family will follow to join.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Aku660: 11:43pm On Apr 05
Thecassanova:

Yes in SA once your PD is current, within 3 months you get IL. You could have just left the address in SA, then your family will follow to join.
I should think that the follow join will take time for my family to join me. Please can you explain to me? Is there anything I can do about it now?
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by NotsonewMary(f): 2:44am On Apr 06
scipy:
Hi NotsonewMary
I have a question, i observed there is a mention of having a Bachelors and 5 year work experience in the “specialty” being mentioned in the RFE (they are quoting the criteria anyway).
So since my background is in Electrical engineering, just want to check with you how i could show evidence this degree is related to the field which I’m petitioning for.

I have earlier submitted my transcript and mentioning courses which i offered in school that relates to my endeavor but I wouldn’t know if there is anything else I could explore to tie up this end

Any suggestions are welcome

Hi, I replied yesterday but my profile was temporarily banned by the spambot, I guess because of the links.

Now to your question:

Matching your background with your proposed endeavor is tricky but you can find your way around it by being smart.

You did the right thing by mentioning the computer and IT related courses that you took during your bachelor’s degree in ENGINEERING that are related to your endeavor. (You don’t need to elaborate on the “electrical engineering ” concentration in your petition since it’s not really going to help, you need to work smart!).

Next, you should probably find a way to use the US Bureau of Labor Statistics’ Occupational Outlook Handbook to your advantage. See link here; https://www.bls.gov/ooh/home.htm

Go through all the occupations listed in the engineering and the computer/information technology fields and then decide on which one best requires both engineering and computer/IT educational knowledge to use to argue your case. (Computer Network Architect: https://www.bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/computer-network-architects.htm, might be a good fit), but you know better, cos IT no be my field lol.

What was your SOC Code on your I-140 form for your proposed endeavor? Did you pick an IT related or engineering related code?

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by OlaILJ: 6:57pm On Apr 06
Please, has anyone with PD (EB2) between August 2022 and November 2022 received IL? Or, if anyone here has the current update on the PD for EB2 that is receiving attention at the Lagos consulate, should kindly post it here. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Aku660: 11:52am On Apr 07
My PD is August 2022 and DQ March 2023. I am yet to receive IL for EB2 NIW.
OlaILJ:
Please, has anyone with PD (EB2) between August 2022 and November 2022 received IL? Or, if anyone here has the current update on the PD for EB2 that is receiving attention at the Lagos consulate, should kindly post it here. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by uduafemhe24: 3:02pm On Apr 07
Babanaaboy1:

Are you on EB3 ?
No, EB2-NIW
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by kollykolly: 4:25pm On Apr 07
This is quite frightening but unfortunately you may be right going by the snail speed at which EB2 is going in Lagos.

TinFoil100:

Doubt IL was sent in January, likely a spillover from cases that finally had interview in January with AP. Remember there are people ahead of your PD and DQ time as well. To avoid stressing myself, zeroed my mind for IL by end of august or early september.

Trying to understand the appointment scheduling @ lagos consulate is pretty much effort in futility. looking at trend of NIV appointments scheduling and IV (IR/CR) cases, you may see why EB class have no appointment scheduled.

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by TinFoil100: 5:48pm On Apr 07
kollykolly:
This is quite frightening but unfortunately you may be right going by the snail speed at which EB2 is going in Lagos.

it's a matter of patience, what is extra 4-5 months? when one has waited this long? downside is loss of wage that one should have earned in the time span of the delay.

Aku660:
I should think that the follow join will take time for my family to join me. Please can you explain to me? Is there anything I can do about it now?

2 cents unsolicited response , nothing much can be done except your family members are residents of another country beside Nigeria (you may request a transfer of the case to that country. Too much work imho). IF you had not changed your choice of processing from SA to NG, you may have done your consular processing but your family will still be dealing with the Lasgidi backlog.

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by uduafemhe24: 4:30pm On Apr 09
Adnman:

I got mine a week after mailing my folder for the first time.

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by segoj: 8:46pm On Apr 09
Please, can someone add me to the Telegram link? My username is @RoyalPersonalty. Anticipatory thanks!

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (Reply)

Bad Road In Akute Vs Bad Road In Britain / Private Jets Charter In Nigeria: How Much It Costs / Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 1
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.