Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) (91713 Views)

UK Point-based Immigration Programm. Thread 1 / UK To Introduce Points-based Immigration System To Be Brought In By End of 2020 / Schedule A Nurses And Physical Therapists: FastTrack Employment-based Green Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by semmyk(m): 11:37am On Oct 29, 2022
Do you have publication from your Masters
- is your publication in top tier journals (or at least Scopus listed)
- did you present at a highly regarded conf and was your paper peer-reviewed
- is the conference or journal highly rated in your field. NB: this is field/discipline specific
- did your computing work or part thereof lead to an innovation (or innovation of some sort)
- Did you have a patent application or was your work cited in a patent application (whether by the patent applicant or mandated by the patent body)
Stevenssen:
Nice and informative thread.
I'm going to have my masters in CS by December. I have just a year(part-time) work experience however.
Is the EB-2(NIW) likely for me at this point, or is working with OPT and trying to get H1-B the better option?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Stevenssen(m): 2:08pm On Oct 29, 2022
semmyk:
Do you have publication from your Masters
- is your publication in top tier journals (or at least Scopus listed)
- did you present at a highly regarded conf and was your paper peer-reviewed
- is the conference or journal highly rated in your field. NB: this is field/discipline specific
- did your computing work or part thereof lead to an innovation (or innovation of some sort)
- Did you have a patent application or was your work cited in a patent application (whether by the patent applicant or mandated by the patent body)
Thanks.

I took the coursework route so I don't have publications or works.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Helpout12345: 4:10pm On Oct 29, 2022
Stevenssen:

Thanks.

I took the coursework route so I don't have publications or works.

It looks like you need to build your profile further along those 10 criteria. Look at those criteria, check those you can build quickly within few years and work towards them.

You can pursue OPT, H1b for now while building your profile towards NIW or even EB1A.

This is perfectly normal. Many people spend years to build the profile and I think you are on right track there.

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Stevenssen(m): 7:43pm On Oct 29, 2022
Helpout12345:

It looks like you need to build your profile further along those 10 criteria. Look at those criteria, check those you can build quickly within few years and work towards them.

You can pursue OPT, H1b for now while building your profile towards NIW or even EB1A.

This is perfectly normal. Many people spend years to build the profile and I think you are on right track there.
Alright. I appreciate
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by xolanimo: 1:42pm On Nov 08, 2022
Hello, thanks for the information.

I have researched via google and read that the EB-3 visa is for unskilled workers.

I have an older US citizen who wants to sponsor me to the US as a live in caregiver..

Anyone gone through this route?

Thanks for your assistance.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 08, 2022
xolanimo:
Hello, thanks for the information.

I have researched via google and read that the EB-3 visa is for unskilled workers.

I have an older US citizen who wants to sponsor me to the US as a live in caregiver..

Anyone gone through this route?

Thanks for your assistance.

EB-3 is for skilled, professionals and unskilled workers. The visas require a labor certification and for which qualified workers are not available in the United States for the job. The major hurdle is the Department of Labor (DOL) would have to give your employer a permit to hire you. Do you think your employer can obtain the permit for a caregiver role?
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by EngrKemp: 4:30pm On Nov 08, 2022
kollykolly:

Attorney sir.
I will like to speak to u about my own details and to see the advice your attorney can give me.

Can u reach me here pls .
weteckventures@gmail.com

Use subject relating to this nairaland thread.
Thanks
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Helpout12345: 4:40pm On Nov 08, 2022
Studymore123:

EB-3 is for skilled, professionals and unskilled workers. The visas require a labor certification and for which qualified workers are not available in the United States for the job. The major hurdle is the Department of Labor (DOL) would have to give your employer a permit to hire you. Do you think your employer can obtain the permit for a caregiver role?

In addition, I doubt labor certification or permit can be obtained for a caregiver job. Caregiver jobs can be filled with many people already in the US.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by xolanimo: 6:10pm On Nov 08, 2022
Studymore123:

Well, she would have to try...I have sent her the USCIC link to read through. Keeping fingers crossed.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by xolanimo: 6:13pm On Nov 08, 2022
Helpout12345:

In addition, I doubt labor certification or permit can be obtained for a caregiver job. Caregiver jobs can be filled with many people already in the US.

Hmmm...I'd advice her and see how this goes. Would you have an idea of an alternative visa type?
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Helpout12345: 7:19pm On Nov 08, 2022
xolanimo:

Hmmm...I'd advice her and see how this goes. Would you have an idea of an alternative visa type?

If you can give more details about your profile and family ties to the US, I can come up with suggestions.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by chibertha(f): 4:49pm On Nov 14, 2022
thanks

Helpout12345:

Good questions.

1. I think the first person in those interview scenarios was in a good situation so far that online job is in their field of expertise where they claim to have exceptional ability

2. The second person was in a tight situation because of taking a training or trainee position. Anyone in that situation must be prepared for lots of drilling by the VO. I will not advise anyone to show trainee position going to interviews. It's better you have interviews and communication with US employers about top positions in your field than go with a job contradicting what you claimed to be. Honestly, the person must have really done a good job to convince that VO that he or she is not just a medical doctor like millions of doctors around the world or the specialized area must be very important to the US.

Concerning other reasons that EB visa might be denied. This falls under many factors that make an intending immigrant inadmissible to the US. Please find below full information on inadmissibility. Some of them have waivers opportunities while some don't.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/waivers.html

It's a long read but it's worth it because I have seen people denied based on one or two of these grounds before.

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by chibertha(f): 5:14pm On Nov 14, 2022
TRUE

Helpout12345:
It's my pleasure my people.

Honestly Indians and Chinese have been taking advantage of these routes for years. I know many Nigerians are qualified for these visas, just that they are not aware or lack all required information on their processes.

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by kollykolly: 1:16am On Nov 19, 2022
Thank you all for creating this platform. Please I need guidance on filing my DS260 myself. I am on the stage of gathering all my required documents before NVC sends my invoice. @helpout please your advise and intervention.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by semmyk(m): 11:18am On Nov 19, 2022
Probably state what the need guidance is, so as to receive help out here
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/forms/online-immigrant-visa-forms/ds-260-faqs.html

Is your DS-260 for your EB2-NIW. Will your attorney for 5he petition still be assisting you.
kollykolly:
Thank you all for creating this platform. Please I need guidance on filing my DS260 myself. I am on the stage of gathering all my required documents before NVC sends my invoice. @helpout please your advise and intervention.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by hollo: 5:43pm On Nov 19, 2022
kollykolly:

I have an approved i-140 petition. I would like to ask how long it took for USCIS to send your case to NVC, and when your case number was created. Thanks so much for your reply
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by kollykolly: 11:29pm On Nov 19, 2022
hollo:

I have an approved i-140 petition. I would like to ask how long it took for USCIS to send your case to NVC, and when your case number was created. Thanks so much for your reply
My case is still with USCIS. I have responded to your mail. Please let's discuss.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Helpout12345: 6:55am On Nov 20, 2022
kollykolly:

When your case is received by NVC, NVC will send you a welcome letter containing NVC case number and Invoice number. You will need both to login into CEAC to pay the invoice and fill DS260

Below is current NVC time frames.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

If you need more specific information about DS260, just ask here.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Helpout12345: 6:58am On Nov 20, 2022
hollo:

To send cases to NVC, it usually takes about 1 week, max 2 weeks.

For the NVC to create the case in their system, it's currently taking about 1 months as per their time frames below

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by hollo: 9:27am On Nov 20, 2022
Helpout12345:

To send cases to NVC, it usually takes about 1 week, max 2 weeks.

For the NVC to create the case in their system, it's currently taking about 1 months as per their time frames below

Thanks so much for this. God bless
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by kollykolly: 6:09am On Nov 21, 2022
Helpout12345:

When your case is received by NVC, NVC will send you a welcome letter containing NVC case number and Invoice number. You will need both to login into CEAC to pay the invoice and fill DS260

Below is current NVC time frames.

If you need more specific information about DS260, just ask here.
Thank you so much sir.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Seunn11: 3:22am On Nov 22, 2022
Good morning everyone.
Please I need more clarity.
Do we need to write the ' Proposed Endeavor ' ?
What is the format? Is it a form to fill??
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Helpout12345: 4:36am On Nov 22, 2022
Seunn11:
Good morning everyone.

Proposed endeavor is just your field of expertise where you claim to have exceptional abilities or advanced degree.

1. The person’s proposed endeavor has both substantial merit and national importance;

This means your field of expertise meets the requirements of 2A - Advanced Degree or 2B - Exceptional abilities. And it's of national importance. E.g. an oil and gas engineer is of national importance because of the national needs of energy. A medical surgeon is of national importance because of health of the people. Etc.

2. The person is well positioned to advance the proposed endeavor;

You are still able to continue to practice in your field of expertise. If you are close to retirement, or no longer good in your field, you will not make this.

3. On balance, it would be beneficial to the United States to waive the job offer and thus the permanent labor certification requirement.

It's beneficial for the US to have people of your expertise now and in future. If your expertise is already obsolete, no need to have you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by bivoprad(f): 3:04am On Nov 24, 2022
Hello everyone, pls any idea on how long it is taking to schedule interview for Eb3 category at the embassy after being documentary qualified?
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by NotsonewMary(f): 4:00pm On Nov 24, 2022
Seunn11:
Good morning everyone.

The format is by writing a letter, usually called a petition letter to USCIS.
Highlighting everything that @helpout mentioned and all that we’ve been discussing in previous pages of this post. You’ll also need to attach copies of evidences of your documented achievements usually referred to as exhibits. There’s also a form to go along with your letter, that’s the Form I-140.

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Helpout12345: 5:08pm On Nov 24, 2022
bivoprad:
Hello everyone, pls any idea on how long it is taking to schedule interview for Eb3 category at the embassy after being documentary qualified?

All immigrant visas appointment of similar country where interviews will take place are put into same pool after DQ. In this case, all IR, CR, F, EB visas appointment follow same pool. Just that F and EB visas appointments will not be scheduled from that pool unless priority date is current for F and EB categories.

In your own case of EB3, your priority date is current. The only thing that will delay your interview from being scheduled is how back logged Lagos embassy is at the moment.

From my findings, Lagos immigrant section is very backlogged at the moment. The current wait time for interview in Lagos for immigrants visas is 12 to 15 months wait time.

You can also email NVC to make an enquiry to confirm this wait time for Lagos

All the best !
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Seunn11: 8:16pm On Nov 25, 2022
NotsonewMary:

The format is by writing a letter, usually called a petition letter to USCIS.
Highlighting everything that @helpout mentioned and all that we’ve been discussing in previous pages of this post. You’ll also need to attach copies of evidences of your documented achievements usually referred to as exhibits. There’s also a form to go along with your letter, that’s the Form I-140.

Helpout12345:

Proposed endeavor is just your field of expertise where you claim to have exceptional abilities or advanced degree.

1. The person’s proposed endeavor has both substantial merit and national importance;

This means your field of expertise meets the requirements of 2A - Advanced Degree or 2B - Exceptional abilities. And it's of national importance. E.g. an oil and gas engineer is of national importance because of the national needs of energy. A medical surgeon is of national importance because of health of the people. Etc.

2. The person is well positioned to advance the proposed endeavor;

You are still able to continue to practice in your field of expertise. If you are close to retirement, or no longer good in your field, you will not make this.

3. On balance, it would be beneficial to the United States to waive the job offer and thus the permanent labor certification requirement.

It's beneficial for the US to have people of your expertise now and in future. If your expertise is already obsolete, no need to have you.

Thanks for the responses.
Please, are recommendation letters also mandatory??
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by NotsonewMary(f): 7:02pm On Nov 26, 2022
Seunn11:

Thanks for the responses.
Please, are recommendation letters also mandatory??

To be honest, no they are not. My friend, who only had one recommendation letter in her application got approved some months back, same friend told me she has a colleague who is now a greencard holder (through EB2) who had no recommendation letter attached to his application.

However, my own take is that recommendation letters are highly encouraged, especially if they are coming from reputable persons in your field. Anything you feel or believe will make your case stronger is definitely worth it.

USCIS treats each application on a “case by case” basis, what works for applicant A, might not work for applicant B.

2 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by adedammy009: 1:42pm On Nov 29, 2022
[quote author=Helpout12345 post=118653800]

Thanks to you and others for the time and sacrifice in answering many questions on here.

I was just thinking if we can have a telegram group where US employment based visa (EB1, EB2, EB3) applicants can meet and navigate the processes together, it will be a good idea.

What do you think?

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by adedammy009: 3:27am On Nov 30, 2022
Helpout12345:

All immigrant visas appointment of similar country where interviews will take place are put into same pool after DQ. In this case, all IR, CR, F, EB visas appointment follow same pool. Just that F and EB visas appointments will not be scheduled from that pool unless priority date is current for F and EB categories.

In your own case of EB3, your priority date is current. The only thing that will delay your interview from being scheduled is how back logged Lagos embassy is at the moment.

From my findings, Lagos immigrant section is very backlogged at the moment. The current wait time for interview in Lagos for immigrants visas is 12 to 15 months wait time.

You can also email NVC to make an enquiry to confirm this wait time for Lagos

All the best !

Thanks to you and others for the time and sacrifice in answering many questions on here.

I was just thinking if we can have a telegram group where US employment based visa (EB1, EB2, EB3) applicants can meet and navigate the processes together, it will be a good idea.

What do you think?
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by semmyk(m): 12:59pm On Dec 01, 2022
As you right pointed out, to navigate together, emphasis together, the forum remains the best bet.
To engage few peculiar specifics, people can branch out briefly to engage in Telegram group and come back to this thread for continued engagement.
adedammy009:

What do you think?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (42) (Reply)

Where Can I Buy Gold In Dubai? / 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria / Corporate Lagos Conductor: The Best Dressed Danfo Conductor You've Ever Seen?

Viewing this topic: Adnman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.