Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,878 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) (91989 Views)

UK Point-based Immigration Programm. Thread 1 / UK To Introduce Points-based Immigration System To Be Brought In By End of 2020 / Schedule A Nurses And Physical Therapists: FastTrack Employment-based Green Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by TWoods(m): 5:33pm On Dec 30, 2022
chibertha:
I helped a friend do hers too in July 2023 and it was approved in November 2023.
I will do mine next year when I start my PhD. I will be graduating from masters in spring 2023.
My profile
B.Eng Civil / Public health Engineering Nigeria
15 years experience in oil and gas in Nigeria with plenty certifications from around the world
Masters Environmental Engineering
Internship in the USA

So I have all it takes to push except that I am facing school fees now and EAD in January 2023.

The thing is straight forward.

Why do you need a phd? You have a significant amount of experience.

3 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by NotsonewMary(f): 5:36pm On Dec 30, 2022
TWoods:

Congrats! Considering we just went through Covid, it wasn’t a stretch to prove that an infectious disease epidemiologist is of interest to the United States.

Yayyyyy! @TWoods is here!
(Happy dance and standing ovation)

Thanks!

3 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by TWoods(m): 5:46pm On Dec 30, 2022
NotsonewMary:

Yayyyyy! @TWoods is here!
(Happy dance and standing ovation)

Thanks!

grin grin This is a better, saner thread I must confess.

2 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by NotsonewMary(f): 5:49pm On Dec 30, 2022
TWoods:

grin grin This is a better, saner thread I must confess.

Haha, I knew you’d love it!

To be honest; I first read about NIW from you on nairaland back in 2017 when I first joined. I was like- this “big achiever” is here again. grin

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by TWoods(m): 7:08pm On Dec 30, 2022
NotsonewMary:

Haha, I knew you’d love it!

To be honest; I first read about NIW from you on nairaland back in 2017 when I first joined. I was like- this “big achiever” is here again. grin

Oh wow! Glad that this helped you!

2 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by chibertha(f): 5:29am On Dec 31, 2022
I need a PhD because I am retiring from the industry to lecturing
I don tire to fly in and out of rigs.
It's time to stay close to home with the kids.
I will push in my papers by fall next year
Thank you
You are one of my inspirations in this journey
[
quote author=TWoods post=119555283]

Why do you need a phd? You have a significant amount of experience. [/quote]

5 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by NotsonewMary(f): 1:13pm On Dec 31, 2022
chibertha:

I just knew you were likely transitioning to academia. Goodluck!
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by chibertha(f): 1:51pm On Dec 31, 2022
Thank you

NotsonewMary:

I just knew you were likely transitioning to academia. Goodluck!
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by chibertha(f): 3:04pm On Dec 31, 2022
Good morning and happy last day of 2022

please I want your opinion here

Below is my husband's profile

B.Eng Mechanical Engineering, FUTO
M.Eng Gas Engineering, Uniport
Ph.D. Engineering, Pretoria SA inview

Certificate in rotatory and static equipment from IFP France

Been working in NLNG since 2012 currently a senior project engineer

COREN certified
Has the following certifications
some APIs
BGAS
CSWIP

we want to start his NIW application
what do you guys think?

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by NotsonewMary(f): 9:33pm On Dec 31, 2022
chibertha:

COREN certified
some APIs
BGAS
CSWIP

what do you guys think?

It’s a great profile no doubt!

I’m just thinking, maybe… just maybe you might have a slight edge over him due to your US advanced degree that is shortly on the way like you mentioned.

Plus, AOS will be a faster option for you both than consular processing in my opinion. You’ll be the principal applicant and he can get a derivative GC from you.

The ball is in your court though. It should be a win-win for you both whichever way you flip the coin (all things being equal).

3 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by NotsonewMary(f): 9:39pm On Dec 31, 2022
NotsonewMary:

Plus, AOS will be a faster option for you both than consular processing in my opinion. You’ll be the principal applicant and he can get a derivative GC from you.

I’m however not sure how this will work though, since you are already in the US. If/when his I-140 gets approved, can you adjust status from here while he pursues consular processing from outside?

You definitely know the finer details of all these better than I do.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Nobody: 12:45am On Jan 01, 2023
chibertha:

COREN certified
some APIs
BGAS
CSWIP

what do you guys think?

Go ahead with the application.
Interesting profile. He's qualified for NIW.

It's very easy for him for get an EB2 petition but if he decides to go the NIW route.
There're 2 major factors to consider.

1a. Does he have an exceptional ability? I don't know

1b. Does he have an advance degree? Yes.
He passed the first criteria

2a. Can he show that his proposal has substantial merit and of national importance. His advance degrees/research interest should assist in this regard.

2b. Can he prove that the advs of waiving the job requirement outweighs the advs of not waiving it. There are several ways of proving that and it often depends on the info from 2a above.

The objective should be to show that he has made contributions to his field and have recognition.

Your hubby is a big boy. $1K should take care of that if it's DIY.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by chibertha(f): 3:11am On Jan 01, 2023
Thank you
Studymore123:

It's very easy for him for get an EB2 petition but if he decides to go the NIW route.

2a. Can he show that his proposal has substantial merit and of national importance. His advance degrees/research interest should assist in this regard.

2b. Can he prove that the advs of waiving the job requirement outweighs the advs of not waiving it. There are several ways of proving that and it often depends on the info from 2a above.

The objective should be to show that he has made contributions to his field and have recognition.

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by chibertha(f): 11:42am On Jan 01, 2023
Please what is AOS?

NotsonewMary:

It’s a great profile no doubt!

I’m just thinking, maybe… just maybe you might have a slight edge over him due to your US advanced degree that is shortly on the way like you mentioned.

The ball is in your court though. It should be a win-win for you both whichever way you flip the coin (all things being equal).
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by chibertha(f): 11:47am On Jan 01, 2023
He has over 10 high impact publications in engineering they are on his profile in research gate.
That should cover for no. 1 or what do you think?

Studymore123:

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by NotsonewMary(f): 12:28pm On Jan 01, 2023
chibertha:
Please what is AOS?

Adjustment of Status; This is the greencard application itself i.e I-485. One can adjust status if already in the US at the time of application, i.e You are already in the US on F-1 and you’ll be adjusting your status to that of a permanent resident.

Consular processing on the other hand is done by applicants outside of the United States.

https://brownimmigrationlaw.com/resources/adjustment-of-status-vs-consular-processing-for-employment-based-immigration/

This link above might help you with a better understanding of both.

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by chibertha(f): 6:09pm On Jan 01, 2023
Got ya.

NotsonewMary:

Adjustment of Status; This is the greencard application itself i.e I-485. One can adjust status if already in the US at the time of application, i.e You are already in the US on F-1 and you’ll be adjusting your status to that of a permanent resident.

Consular processing on the other hand is done by applicants outside of the United States.

https://brownimmigrationlaw.com/resources/adjustment-of-status-vs-consular-processing-for-employment-based-immigration/

This link above might help you with a better understanding of both.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by cankerworm: 5:57am On Jan 02, 2023
Seunn11:
Good morning everyone.
Please I need more clarity.
Do we need to write the ' Proposed Endeavor ' ?
What is the format? Is it a form to fill??
Yes, you need to write Proposed Endeavor for EB2-NIW
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by TWoods(m): 9:04am On Jan 02, 2023
chibertha:
I will push in my papers by fall next year
Thank you
You are one of my inspirations in this journey
[
quote author=TWoods post=119555283]

Why do you need a phd? You have a significant amount of experience.

Well, thank you for the kind words!
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by TWoods(m): 9:10am On Jan 02, 2023
chibertha:

COREN certified
some APIs
BGAS
CSWIP

what do you guys think?

Would be quite difficult. He should consider taking up a postdoctoral position. He can then apply as an EB1B (researcher). This avoids the perm stage but is substantially easier than the EB2NIW.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by eakhilomen: 1:36pm On Jan 02, 2023
chibertha:

COREN certified
some APIs
BGAS
CSWIP

what do you guys think?

Nice profile
He is well qualified for EB2-NIW, he should support his application with reference letters from FUTO, his NSE branch and others. I got approved with similar but less qualification

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by eakhilomen: 1:37pm On Jan 02, 2023
chibertha:

COREN certified
some APIs
BGAS
CSWIP

what do you guys think?

Nice profile
He is well qualified for EB2-NIW, he should support his application with reference letters from FUTO, his NSE branch and others. I got approved with similar but less qualification/profile

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by studyless123: 2:23pm On Jan 02, 2023
chibertha:
He has over 10 high impact publications in engineering they on his profile in research gate.
That should cover for no. 1 or what do you think?

For unknown reasons my post was deleted twice and I'm unable to make posts using my @studemore123 account. Maybe because it was very lengthy or I revealed too much info.

At this time I'll say follow the advice of @eakhilomen.

I just saw that you assisted someone with their application so you know what to do. You may also be aware that there's a shortage of Gas/Petroleum Engineers in the US. You have to put the dots together.

Determining who qualifies is not an issue but the "packaging" is important.

I wish you the very best.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by NotsonewMary(f): 2:53pm On Jan 02, 2023
TWoods:

Would be quite difficult. He should consider taking up a postdoctoral position. He can then apply as an EB1B (researcher). This avoids the perm stage but is substantially easier than the EB2NIW.

He could go for EB2NIW now too. EB1 could be quite difficult for him to prove. EB2NIW processing times are quite fast now. I have seen a person that was approved in less than 2 months!

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by NotsonewMary(f): 2:55pm On Jan 02, 2023
eakhilomen:

Nice profile
He is well qualified for EB2-NIW, he should support his application with reference letters from FUTO, his NSE branch and others. I got approved with similar but less qualification

Love to see it! Congrats!
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by NotsonewMary(f): 2:58pm On Jan 02, 2023
studyless123:

For unknown reasons my post was deleted twice and I'm unable to make posts using my @studemore123 account. Maybe because it was very lengthy or I revealed too much info.

Eheen, so that’s why you’re no longer studying more abi? grin (pun intended).
Less studying, more money! Ooshey cool
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by TWoods(m): 5:09pm On Jan 02, 2023
NotsonewMary:

He could go for EB2NIW now too. EB1 could be quite difficult for him to prove. EB2NIW processing times are quite fast now. I have seen a person that was approved in less than 2 months!

I do not doubt that he could, the only drawback I see is in not having a US degree. There are several EB1 categories. EB1A is obviously the toughest. EB1B (researcher) should be super easy for a postdoc with published papers.

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by studyless123: 7:54pm On Jan 02, 2023
NotsonewMary:

Eheen, so that’s why you’re no longer studying more abi? grin (pun intended).
Less studying, more money! Ooshey cool

Wow, you're so smart grin so you get the drift. It's time to settle down.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Koldfuzhion: 8:36pm On Jan 03, 2023
Helpout12345:

To send cases to NVC, it usually takes about 1 week, max 2 weeks.

For the NVC to create the case in their system, it's currently taking about 1 months as per their time frames below

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

Has anyone received any invitation letters from the US Consulate in Lagos for the EB category recently? It seems they're issuing letters for IR/CR categories, but I'm not sure about EB. Any information on this will be much appreciated.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by chibertha(f): 10:14pm On Jan 03, 2023
thanks

eakhilomen:

Nice profile
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by chibertha(f): 10:15pm On Jan 03, 2023
thank you
i sent you a pm
studyless123:

At this time I'll say follow the advice of @eakhilomen.

I just saw that you assisted someone with their application so you know what to do. You may also be aware that there's a shortage of Gas/Petroleum Engineers in the US. You have to put the dots together.

Determining who qualifies is not an issue but the "packaging" is important.

I wish you the very best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (42) (Reply)

Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This / Nigerian Man Shows Off How Much He Has Changed Five Months After Leaving Nigeria / Fearless Russian Lady Goes Fishing In A Tiny Boat With Giant Brown Bear (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.