Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,672 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

AT 35, Should I Be Ashamed Living With My Parents? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / AT 35, Should I Be Ashamed Living With My Parents? (3064 Views)

Is It Good For A Man To Marry At 35 / Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? / Living With My Married Elder Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

AT 35, Should I Be Ashamed Living With My Parents? by Tonero5200: 11:40am On Aug 06, 2022
I'm the only son, and the house is mine already...I got my own detached bunk..but sometimes people do stare at me and gossip that as old as I am, I still stay with my parents. my fiancee refused to have my child because of this same issue, that i should pack out first... before we think about having kids or marriage.
left for me I see nothing wrong here, why would I go and pay house rent when I could use that money for something better..because my own apartment is detached and my parents are not even complaining..

but friends, outsiders always pokenosing... sometimes I feel ashamed when I think about it

Seun
lalasticlala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AT 35, Should I Be Ashamed Living With My Parents? by VeryWickedMan: 11:46am On Aug 06, 2022
Not yet.
Wait till you are 40. That's the best age to be ashamed.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: AT 35, Should I Be Ashamed Living With My Parents? by SUPERPACK: 11:48am On Aug 06, 2022
Rise above the gossips. There is nothing wrong staying in your parents home after all it is yours too.

10 Likes

Re: AT 35, Should I Be Ashamed Living With My Parents? by Tonero5200: 11:50am On Aug 06, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
Not yet.
Wait till you are 40. That's the best age to be ashamed.
are you indirectly calling me a fool?
Re: AT 35, Should I Be Ashamed Living With My Parents? by Omihanifa: 11:52am On Aug 06, 2022
No big deal if you are still living with your parents at 35. As long as you are gainfully employed and you can take care of yourself. Like you said you are the only child so naturally your parents won’t want you to be far from them. But I will just suggest that You get them a maid that can look after them before taking the decision to move out since it’s already affecting your relationship and self esteem.

You know women love privacy and being in control. So as long as you are still in your parents house they won’t feel comfortable.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AT 35, Should I Be Ashamed Living With My Parents? by VeryWickedMan: 11:53am On Aug 06, 2022
Tonero5200:

I wasn't indirect.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AT 35, Should I Be Ashamed Living With My Parents? by thesicilian: 11:54am On Aug 06, 2022
Every one has a different journey in life. Do what works best for you not what you think others expect of you

15 Likes

Re: AT 35, Should I Be Ashamed Living With My Parents? by Jennyclay(f): 11:57am On Aug 06, 2022
@35 you're still living with your parents undecided? You should bury your face in shame. Your fiancé is absolutely right. Please pack out from your parent's house and rent your own apartment.

You haven’t even married her yet and you're talking about having kids even in your parent's house. Nawa o! What a shame!!

Even the Bible says "Genesis 2:24" "Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife... "

Sir, leave your father's house, go rent your own apartment and go perform the marital rights with your Fiancé before you start giving birth to kids.

Shame!!!!!

17 Likes 7 Shares

Re: AT 35, Should I Be Ashamed Living With My Parents? by ValCon888: 12:04pm On Aug 06, 2022
Are you productive?
Are you helping your parents in the home?
Are you channeling your saved income into other beneficial areas?

If your answer is yes to any of the above, carry on.

2 Likes

Re: AT 35, Should I Be Ashamed Living With My Parents? by fnep2smooth(m): 12:04pm On Aug 06, 2022
Oga you are the only son... you ain't moving any Freaking place. Bro no dull ooo. unless you no get work na him people go de reason this. apart from that, it's your right since no other male child is around to look after your parent, unless u no de comot every morning.

5 Likes

Re: AT 35, Should I Be Ashamed Living With My Parents? by Richy4(m): 12:06pm On Aug 06, 2022
<<if the house is close to your place of work...Close to the mall, church, mosque, shrine and all various conveniences..

<<U have your privacy.. meaning u can cook your own meal in your own kitchen, have your own toilet, entertain visitors without your parents being on the way or encroaching on your private space...., I will say carry on brother...

<< Even if u rent your own home, people will still find one fault or another...
<<Stop living a life where people dictate how you do your thing...

14 Likes

Re: AT 35, Should I Be Ashamed Living With My Parents? by Karleb(m): 12:09pm On Aug 06, 2022
Baba, let them say what they like.

I'm sure many of them would kill to be in your shoes.

Enjoy your life and only move out if you wish to.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: AT 35, Should I Be Ashamed Living With My Parents? by Karleb(m): 12:10pm On Aug 06, 2022
Jennyclay:
@35 you're still living with your parents undecided? You should bury your face in shame. Your fiancé is absolutely right. Please pack out from your parent's house and rent your own apartment.

You haven’t even married her yet and you're talking about having kids even in your parent's house. Nawa o! What a shameless man!!

Even the Bible says "Genesis 2:24" "Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife... "

Sir, leave your father's house, go rent your own apartment and go perform the marital rights with your Fiancé before you start giving birth to kids.

Shame!!!!!

See them.

Cho cho cho cho cho.

Go and move him out now.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: AT 35, Should I Be Ashamed Living With My Parents? by Klass99(f): 12:29pm On Aug 06, 2022

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: AT 35, Should I Be Ashamed Living With My Parents? by tamcamp253: 12:36pm On Aug 06, 2022
Bad guy Na direct shot you shoot lol
VeryWickedMan:

I wasn't indirect.

3 Likes

Re: AT 35, Should I Be Ashamed Living With My Parents? by tamcamp253: 12:43pm On Aug 06, 2022
If they find out now You might not be older than him and fit Dey your parent house or probably life has not hit you not to talk to people like this, Na you know about shame
Jennyclay:

You haven’t even married her yet and you're talking about having kids even in your parent's house. Nawa o! What a shame!!

Shame!!!!!

1 Like

Re: AT 35, Should I Be Ashamed Living With My Parents? by FiremanX: 1:52pm On Aug 06, 2022
Jennyclay:

Shame!!!!!
U are always fond of typing trash,,, what's wrong with him staying in his own father's house?,, didn't u see that's he is the first son and also sole owner of the house?
Op I will advise u to follow ur decision,, don't mind what those busy body says,,, it's ur parents house not ur uncle's house or whatever,,,

6 Likes

Re: AT 35, Should I Be Ashamed Living With My Parents? by ecolime(m): 2:23pm On Aug 06, 2022
Tonero5200:
I'm the only son, and the house is mine already...I got my own detached bunk..but sometimes people do stare at me and gossip that as old as I am, I still stay with my parents. my fiancee refused to have my child because of this same issue, that i should pack out first... before we think about having kids or marriage.
left for me I see nothing wrong here, why would I go and pay house rent when I could use that money for something better..because my own apartment is detached and my parents are not even complaining..

but friends, outsiders always pokenosing... sometimes I feel ashamed when I think about it

Seun
lalasticlala
It depends.

Do you depend on your parents Financially? What do you do for a living?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AT 35, Should I Be Ashamed Living With My Parents? by Kobojunkie: 3:48pm On Aug 06, 2022
Tonero5200:
I'm the only son, and the house is mine already...I got my own detached bunk..but sometimes people do stare at me and gossip that as old as I am, ....
Are you also an only child? undecided

Since you live at home with your folks, meaning you probably don't pay rent, does it also mean you are a millionaire with greater than 50 million to your name? undecided

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AT 35, Should I Be Ashamed Living With My Parents? by KiNg0G: 3:50pm On Aug 06, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Are you also an only child? undecided

Since you live at home with your folks, meaning you probably don't pay rent, does it also mean you are a millionaire with greater than 50 million to your name? undecided
how does his account balance affect you or this thread.to be asking such a silly question

5 Likes

Re: AT 35, Should I Be Ashamed Living With My Parents? by Chidi2022: 4:09pm On Aug 06, 2022
DenreleDave is in the right person to answer you...he is even worser, because he still eats mama thank you ma....

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: AT 35, Should I Be Ashamed Living With My Parents? by Fadafada231(m): 4:12pm On Aug 06, 2022
Tonero5200:

Hahahaha
Re: AT 35, Should I Be Ashamed Living With My Parents? by doggedfighter(f): 4:30pm On Aug 06, 2022
Re: AT 35, Should I Be Ashamed Living With My Parents? by chinebu(m): 4:37pm On Aug 06, 2022
You sound like someone who has depended solely on the fact that you are the only son and all your father has is yours therefore you won't hustle to make something out of life by yourself. If this is your thought, I am sorry for you. Entitlement metality

quote author=Tonero5200 post=115436139]I'm the only son, and the house is mine already...I got my own detached bunk..but sometimes people do stare at me and gossip that as old as I am, I still stay with my parents. my fiancee refused to have my child because of this same issue, that i should pack out first... before we think about having kids or marriage.

Seun
lalasticlala[/quote]

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: AT 35, Should I Be Ashamed Living With My Parents? by Riverrun: 5:59pm On Aug 06, 2022
Tonero5200:

Seun
lalasticlala

I tell you Bro, don't mind them. There is nothing to be ashamed of. They are just jealous and want their hate to affect your finances.
If your woman complains , dump her. For she is not a wife material. She's trying to cut out the little family you have so she can deal with you.

A wife material would not push you to wastage.

Don't fall for the pressure (it's all misplaced priorities) mostly from those who haven't been in marriage for minimum of 10yrs.
Re: AT 35, Should I Be Ashamed Living With My Parents? by Channah1(f): 6:14pm On Aug 06, 2022
Nothing to be ashamed of. I wish my daddy had a house in this Lagos, I would have been staying there cos this house rent I'm paying is vexing me.

House matter now no gree person talk. So stay where you are. instead of enriching another mans pocket, save the money and start building your own house. That is if you care to. Don't let anyone push you into hardship.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: AT 35, Should I Be Ashamed Living With My Parents? by Kajaard: 6:35pm On Aug 06, 2022
Jennyclay:

Shame!!!!!

You are gradually becoming a nuisance on this forum.

4 Likes

Re: AT 35, Should I Be Ashamed Living With My Parents? by Klass99(f): 6:46pm On Aug 06, 2022

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: AT 35, Should I Be Ashamed Living With My Parents? by Tonero5200: 6:54pm On Aug 06, 2022
Klass99:

It's interesting you said this because one of our family friends, has a 42 year old son (Richard) who still lives at home with his parents and claims ownership of his parents house.

Richard is not the only child neither is he the first born child, but he keeps claiming ownership while the parents are alive and contributes nothing to that house.

His sisters who live on their own are the ones who pay the NEPA bills in that house, send upkeep money to their parents, which feeds him as well. When his sister Dorothy who I'm close friends with, starts lamenting over this guy's matter ehn!

This OP didn't respond to the question I asked or the issue of paying bills in my first post. It makes me wonder if he is another Richard in the making.
well, I'm not richard... what I make a week can comfortably feed you and your family for a month, no sweat.. and yes I'm the only child, the only son. so tell your fairy tales on the next thread

3 Likes

Re: AT 35, Should I Be Ashamed Living With My Parents? by Klass99(f): 6:57pm On Aug 06, 2022

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AT 35, Should I Be Ashamed Living With My Parents? by Karleb(m): 7:22pm On Aug 06, 2022
Klass99:

No vex, I said I was wondering. It is good you clarified you are not like that, but why were you silent about the issues raised in my first post, then as soon as I narrate Richard's story you respond with vexation? That wasn't a fairy tale either but a family's reality.

Why did you quench the attack. I was expecting some vawulence.

3 Likes

Re: AT 35, Should I Be Ashamed Living With My Parents? by Tonero5200: 7:42pm On Aug 06, 2022
Klass99:

No vex, I said I was wondering. It is good you clarified you are not like that, but why were you silent about the issues raised in my first post, then as soon as I narrate Richard's story you respond with vexation? That wasn't a fairy tale either but a family's reality.

I kept quiet because I owed you no explanation about my financial strength, that wasn't why I created this thread..be sensible and ask reasonable questions then you get a reply...or if you want to take me as a jest you get a bountiful of it.
silly girl, the Post you made comparing me with your brother richard you think it's cool, I see it and I be happy and dancing.

what if I compare you to a mad woman I saw in my shop today? becareful

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Am Up For Adoption / Appeal For Help / °

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.