Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

Why Did God Plant Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Plant Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? (941 Views)

10 Things You Should Know About The Garden Of Eden / See The Country Where Garden Of Eden Is Located... (photos) / The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden Account Of The Fall Of Man By Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did God Plant Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by tctrills: 8:14am On Aug 07, 2022
How did evil enter the world? Ans; the same way good entered the world.
It was not Adam that planted the tree.
But by eating the fruit, Adam chose to obtain the knowledge of good and evil, but he also chose death for all mankind.
Instead of blaming Adam for bringing death, let us thank him for the Knowledge of Good and evil that makes us like God and let's thank Jesus Christ for overcoming death for all mankind.
Because of Adam and Jesus Christ, we have the knowledge of Good and Evil and we would all resurrect to die no more.
Re: Why Did God Plant Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by tctrills: 8:27am On Aug 07, 2022
We all know that we need the knowledge of good but do we also need the knowledge of evil?
A better question would be, does God our Father have the knowledge of both Good and Evil?
If God has this knowledge, then we his children also need this same knowledge. We are like God because of our knowledge of Good and evil.
Re: Why Did God Plant Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by 2aces(m): 8:58am On Aug 07, 2022
Freedom of choice

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Plant Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Jokerman(m): 9:03am On Aug 07, 2022
God's time is the best.

Adam and Eve didn't wait for God's time. They woild still have eaten the fruit, but from God's command...
Re: Why Did God Plant Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by AntiChristian: 9:07am On Aug 07, 2022
The question still remains unanswered!
Re: Why Did God Plant Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by tctrills: 9:11am On Aug 07, 2022
Jokerman:
God's time is the best.

Adam and Eve didn't wait for God's time. They woild still have eaten the fruit, but from God's command...
That's not the point here. Again how many of us are not guilty of the same?
Re: Why Did God Plant Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by tctrills: 9:12am On Aug 07, 2022
AntiChristian:
The goal is not to answer all questions. But you are free to offer your answers.
Re: Why Did God Plant Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by RepoMan007: 9:53am On Aug 07, 2022
tctrills:

Instead of blaming Adam for bringing death, let us thank him for the Knowledge of Good and evil that makes us like God and let's thank Jesus Christ for overcoming death for all mankind.
Because of the good and evil knowledge, we seek clothes to cover unclothedness. Take away clothe expense from your life and check your accounting books.
Take away torns and thistle from farming and check you harvest.
Re: Why Did God Plant Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by tctrills: 10:32am On Aug 07, 2022
RepoMan007:

Because of the good and evil knowledge, we seek clothes to cover unclothedness. Take away clothe expense from your life and check your accounting books.
That's one way of looking at it but you are only looking at the challenges.
2 Corinthians 4:17 17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;
The afflictions we face because Adam's actions exposed us to the knowledge of good and evil is but a small price to the glory that awaits.

Choose one, remaining in the garden forever or eternal salvation in the Kingdom of God. Where you would sit on his throne and become a priest and king.
Re: Why Did God Plant Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by tctrills: 10:37am On Aug 07, 2022
RepoMan007:

Also remember, Jesus taught; John. 12. [24] Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

If death has not come into the world man would abide alone, he would have no fruit.
Re: Why Did God Plant Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Jokerman(m): 12:24pm On Aug 07, 2022
tctrills:

That's not the point here. Again how many of us are not guilty of the same?

God would have given them the fruit to eat when it was time... or commanded them to eat it....

Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes out of God

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Plant Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:27pm On Aug 07, 2022
tctrills:
We all know that we need the knowledge of good but do we also need the knowledge of evil?....

We already had the knowledge of good as proven by the part where male Adam sees female Adam and happily shouted "this is my flesh". We see him knowing that female Adam was a good thing.

And the second evidence is when we see them see the fruit "that it was good to eat".

So, you see, they already had knowledge of good.
Re: Why Did God Plant Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:42pm On Aug 07, 2022
AntiChristian:

A car that has only accelerator and no brakes is a not a good thing and I can definitely use the brakes in a very dead causing way.

That is how the fruit operates.

Evil is good in God's Hands, BUT UNATHOURIZED USE OF EVIL IS, DEATH CAUSING!
Re: Why Did God Plant Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Maynman: 3:20pm On Aug 07, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

We already had the knowledge of good as proven by the part where male Adam sees female Adam and happily shouted "this is my flesh". We see him knowing that female Adam was a good thing.

And the second evidence is when we see them see the fruit "that it was good to eat".

Before you know something was good you must have seen it in a bad state or have knowledge of when it was in a bad taste.
What qualities did he see in a fruit to qualify it as good, he can also use the lack of those qualities to qualify it as bad.
Re: Why Did God Plant Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by kingxsamz(m): 3:26pm On Aug 07, 2022
How the story wan take sweet? grin
Take away the tree from the garden and the story ends. It's as simple as that.
Re: Why Did God Plant Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:45pm On Aug 07, 2022
tctrills:
...Choose one, remaining in the garden forever or eternal salvation in the Kingdom of God. Where you would sit on his throne and become a priest and king.

Eternal salvation is the return to the garden
Re: Why Did God Plant Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Maynman: 4:52pm On Aug 07, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Eternal salvation is the return to the garden

Your garden is in iraq.

Guess where hell is? cheesy

Re: Why Did God Plant Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:55pm On Aug 07, 2022
tctrills:

If death has not come into the world man would abide alone, he would have no fruit.

Wrong!

Man was already blessed to have fruits, under The Law/Commandment, "Be Fruitful and multiply and subdue and have dominion" (Genesis 1:28) which got lost because man murdered himself.

But thanks to Noah, (Genesis 9) God Reinstated it, BUT NOW HE DID NOT RE-INSTATE OR RECOMMAND, "SUBDUE AND HAVE DOMINION" Which He amended to "the fear of you and the dread of you...."

And neither was man alone, he had God!
Re: Why Did God Plant Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:59pm On Aug 07, 2022
Maynman:

Before you know something was good you must have seen it in a bad state or have knowledge of when it was in a bad taste...

Your stupidity has no end.
When you saw fried chicken, pizza, ice-cream, ball, toy car, you did not see them in their bad states beforehand
Re: Why Did God Plant Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Maynman: 5:10pm On Aug 07, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Your stupidity has no end.
When you saw fried chicken, pizza, ice-cream, ball, toy car, you did not see them in their bad states beforehand

Says the dumbest theist on nairaland.

and how did I know it was their “good state”?. Which qualities did i use to qualify pizza as a “good pizza”?
If the pizza uses a month and rot, can i still call it a “good pizza”?
Re: Why Did God Plant Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by tctrills: 5:25pm On Aug 07, 2022
Jokerman:

God would have given them the fruit to eat when it was time... or commanded them to eat it....

Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes out of God
That's your opinion not biblical. And even if God gave them the fruit, they would still die and it would be said that God led man to death.
Re: Why Did God Plant Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Jokerman(m): 5:38pm On Aug 07, 2022
tctrills:

That's your opinion not biblical. And even if God gave them the fruit, they would still die and it would be said that God led man to death.

They wouldnt have died. Disobeying God led to the pronunciation of death to living things....

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Plant Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Kobojunkie: 5:41pm On Aug 07, 2022
tctrills:
1. How did evil enter the world? Ans; the same way good entered the world.
2. It was not Adam that planted the tree. But by eating the fruit, Adam chose to obtain the knowledge of good and evil, but he also chose death for all mankind.
3. Instead of blaming Adam for bringing death, let us thank him for the Knowledge of Good and evil that makes us like God and let's thank Jesus Christ for overcoming death for all mankind.
4. Because of Adam and Jesus Christ, we have the knowledge of Good and Evil and we would all resurrect to die no more.
1. Your first statement is wrong! Good "entered" the world when God Himself, after creating everything, including man, declared it all good from the beginning. The event with the tree came much later than that. undecided

2. Adam stole the fruit in disobedience. It was his disobedience, which came before he ate from the tree, that cause evil to "enter" into the world. His disobedience of God, an intention of the heart, is what opened the gate to evil, not the eating of the fruit he stole. undecided

3. Knowledge of good and evil, is simply that, knowledge. Action is what results in evil. Adam committed that which is evil against God even before he supposedly gained the knowledge from eating from the tree in the garden which he stole from. So, Adam already purposed evil in his heart before eating from the tree. undecided

Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth(knowledge of good and evil), and the Life(tree of Life) which was lost to mankind as a result of Adam's choice. God sending Jesus Christ back to mankind after Adam lost us the opportunity at Jesus Christ from the beginning, is all God to thank. undecided

4. Because of Adam, mankind gained suffering and death instead of Life, not knowledge per se since we didn't have the Way to use even the knowledge of obtaining freedom from the suffering and death that resulted. So, you have nothing to thank Adam for since he is the reason why mankind lost out on the opportunity of having Jesus Christ from the beginning. undecided
Re: Why Did God Plant Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Kobojunkie: 5:45pm On Aug 07, 2022
tctrills:
1. We all know that we need the knowledge of good but do we also need the knowledge of evil?
A better question would be, does God our Father have the knowledge of both Good and Evil?

2. If God has this knowledge, then we his children also need this same knowledge. We are like God because of our knowledge of Good and evil.
Of course God has the knowledge of good and evil, it is HIs Law, isn't it? undecided

According to God, only those who live in continuous submission to and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, God's Truth, Know His Truth(knowledge of good and evil) and are set free by His Truth.Only they are Sons of God. All others are sons of men. undecided
Re: Why Did God Plant Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Kobojunkie: 5:46pm On Aug 07, 2022
Jokerman:
God's time is the best.
My thoughts on the story as well. Adam was clearly punished for his direct disobedience of God's commandment meaning that the tree wasn't an abomination of some sort. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Plant Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by tctrills: 8:17pm On Aug 07, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Of course God has the knowledge of good and evil, it is HIs Law, isn't it? undecided

According to God, only those who live in continuous submission to and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, God's Truth, Know His Truth(knowledge of good and evil) and are set free by His Truth.Only they are Sons of God. All others are sons of men. undecided
We have had this argument before. I guess I know where you stand on this, so let's not flog a dead horse. I guess when we have a new topic we could discuss but for now, we would only be reciting old talking points.
Re: Why Did God Plant Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by tctrills: 8:21pm On Aug 07, 2022
Jokerman:

They wouldnt have died. Disobeying God led to the pronunciation of death to living things....
My point is, you assume that God would have given them the fruit and that isn't scriptural. God told them, the day you eat of this fruit you will die. So even if God gave it to them by himself, that pronouncement remains. That would simply mean God murdered them.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Plant Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by tctrills: 8:22pm On Aug 07, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Wrong!

Man was already blessed to have fruits, under The Law/Commandment, "Be Fruitful and multiply and subdue and have dominion" (Genesis 1:28) which got lost because man mursered himself.

But thanks so Noah, (Genesis 9( God Reinstated it, BUT NOW HE DID NOT RE-INSTATE OR RECOMMAND, "SUBDUE AND HAVE DOMINION" Which He amended to "the fear of you and the dread of you...."

And neither was man alone, he had God!
Please make your argument with Jesus Christ, I only quoted him.
Re: Why Did God Plant Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by tctrills: 8:27pm On Aug 07, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Good is not a liar. Listen to what he said after Adam and Eve ate the fruit.
"And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil."
Now the bible did not say that Adam knew nothing or 5hat Adam was unintelligent. It only said he did not know God and Evil before eating the fruit.
Knowing Eve to be his flesh had nothing to do with good and evil.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Plant Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by tctrills: 8:53pm On Aug 07, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Knowing something is good to eat had nothing to do with knowledge of Good and Evil.
Here is why.
If I give my 2 years old boy 2 plates, one containing rice and chicken and the other full of stones, my baby would choose the first.
Does my 2 years old boy know good from evil? If you have ever had kids, you would know the answer is no. So stop saying things that are not practical.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Plant Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:22pm On Aug 07, 2022
tctrills:

Knowing something is good to eat had nothing to do with knowledge of Good and Evil.

Here is why.
If I give my 2 years old boy 2 plates, one containing rice and chicken and the other full of stones, my baby would choose the first.
Does my 2 years old boy know good from evil? If you have ever had kids, you would know the answer is no. So stop saying things that are not practical.

First, I gave 2 examples and you only picked one.

Secondly, do you not see that by admitting that the child would choose the plate of rice and chicken aka "the first" over the plate of stones, you have proven what I said is True?

Try thinking about what you wanted to say before you say.
Re: Why Did God Plant Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:31pm On Aug 07, 2022
tctrills:

Good is not a liar. Listen to what he said after Adam and Eve ate the fruit.
"And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil."
Now the bible did not say that Adam knew nothing or 5hat Adam was unintelligent. It only said he did not know God and Evil before eating the fruit.
Knowing Eve to be his flesh had nothing to do with good and evil.

God indeed is not a liar but it has obviously not occurred to you that His Statement "And God saw that everything that He had made was very Good" clearly proves that Adam too was more than good, he was very good. And only knew the good.

Therefore, God's statement "man is become as one of us, to know good and evil." clearly means that MAN KNEW ONLY GOOD BEFORE HE MESSED UP.

BUT WITH HIS MESS UP, HE NOW KNEW EVIL IN ADDITION TO THE GOOD HE USED TO KNOW!

Its as simple as that!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fighting For God / Would You Rather Be / How Can One Calculate His Offerings?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.