Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,304 members, 7,836,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. (952 Views)

Lady Twerks In Church During Tithe And Offering / Daddy Freeze Shares Mobile Bank App For Tithes And Offerings For Churches / Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by Niklaus398: 10:06am On Aug 07, 2022
Good morning Guys and a Happy Sunday to you all. May the Good Lord bless you all. Amen.

This morning I was force to write this while remembering the period here on nairaland where many people were/are against Tithe and offerings saying its only enrich the Pastor's and improverish the congregants.

Before I start, let me tell you a story (Personal)

On March 13, my Dad was involved in an accident, a trailer hit him and his left leg entirely was condemned almost cutting it off he was rushed to a Government hospital where they quickly attended to him. Immediately, we came rushing into the OR where he was being treated I just couldn't look at that leg.. Thanks to the Professionalism of the Nurses that attended to him the leg was attached back. For the second time in my life I saw the inner bones of a leg, it was indeed a gory sight. Thankfully to God he pull through, that day we spent more than 50k alone within that morning ( also the man that hit him).

Even a woman there told us she has seen this kind of accident that hope we had money cause it will cost alot. We were sent to do X-ray and the doctor that came was saying we should do a surgery and it will be about 300k ....where we want see 300k for something like this that wasn't even planned. Well, we refused the surgery instead wanting to go local but a male nurse there advice us to stay at the hospital for a few more weeks and be treated there ( for the wound to heal) so that it won't get worst and the leg will now have to be cut off. So we listened and my dad stayed there for an entire 3 months.

Now to why I'm writing this, I wasn't really much of an advocate for tithe collecting or offering but I'm telling you the truth the reason we survived that long and were able to pay bills ( bed space, medicines, Cast, crutches etc) was because of the churches and individuals that came mostly. They gave my dad money and even bought provisions for him not just him but everybody in the ward -Male and female ward.

There was no discrimination this churches came in and gave to Muslims and Christians. Pay the bills of some, bought drugs, and provisions for everyone.
Others individuals to came in and do the same but it was more of the churches. I won't lie we are not even a member of any of those churches but they did all that not caring.
Most of the drugs we bought were above 5k and we are to buy that every week.. imagine how we could have been able to but the Church and others individuals helped.

So here i am, saying have learnt my lesson. I now understand that some churches actually use their money to do good and help. Without the offerings and Tithes of members they wouldn't have been able to save us. I really don't know where we would have been today.
But in all things Glory to God.

I want to say a very big shout out to those churches...Dynamics, Anglican, Redeem,
living Faith,Catholic(we are a member of Catholic church) and many many more Pentecostal churches I don't remember their names. May the Good Lord bless you all and continue to help you guys in taking care of the sheeps of Christ.

Lastly and most importantly, I want to thank the Almighty God. The one who lives in Holiness. My Father, my God, my Lord. It is by his mercies we are not consumed. So Father I say Thank you. Guys, help me to thank God oo.

Happy Sunday to you all once more. Do enjoy your Day and please reduce the insults on the church. The church is the bride of Christ and as a bride, the church is Fallible but Christ isn't, And his love also isn't.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by FirmTR(m): 10:12am On Aug 07, 2022
shocked
Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by Aidejay(m): 10:34am On Aug 07, 2022
I Think Most Of The People Debating Tithes & Offering Were More Against The Flamboyant Lifestyle Of Many Of These Pentecostal Pastors And The Way They Placed A Higher Value On Money Than The Actual Word Of God They Were Sent To Preach. But In All There's Bad Examples & Good Examples. Wish Your Dad Quick Recovery. And God Bless People & Churches Who Use Those Tithes & Offering To Do Good Instead Of Buying 3 Private Jets And Driving Rolls Royce.

1 Like

Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by Kobojunkie: 10:39am On Aug 07, 2022
Aidejay:
I Think Most Of The People Debating Tithes & Offering Were More Against The Flamboyant Lifestyle Of Many Of These Pentecostal Pastors And The Way They Placed A Higher Value On Money Than The Actual Word Of God They Were Sent To Preach. But In All There's Bad Examples & Good Examples. Wish Your Dad Quick Recovery. And God Bless People & Churches Who Use Those Tithes & Offering To Do Good Instead Of Buying 3 Private Jets And Driving Rolls Royce.
Those of you who pay tithes/taxes in the name of Jesus Christ deny yourselves sonship with God by your acts of disobedienceundecided
24 Jesus and his followers went to Capernaum. There the men who collect the two-drachma Temple tax came to Peter and asked, “Does your teacher pay the Temple tax?”
25 Peter answered, “Yes, he does.” Peter went into the house where Jesus was. Before Peter could speak, Jesus said to him, “The kings on the earth get different kinds of taxes from people. But who are those who pay the taxes? Are they the king’s children? Or do other people pay the taxes? What do you think?”
26 Peter answered, “The other people pay the taxes.” Jesus said, “Then the children of the king don’t have to pay taxes - Matthew 17 vs 24 - 26
As Jesus Christ made clear, the Children of God do not pay taxes/Tithe in His name. So, do we ignore Jesus Christ so we can instead follow the doctrines and traditions of men(and their churches) instead? undecided
Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by jom28gy(m): 10:47am On Aug 07, 2022
By the way you talk shows that you don't know about tithe, you see tithes on human perspectives, not on spiritual aspects of it,too bad, Bible said of it, that whosoever gives tithe don't lack, and cankers worms don't eats, but whoever don't pay tithe,is like a person who that whatsoever person put in his bags lick off, you toiled without warning with good health,a lot about tithes,
Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by Aidejay(m): 10:55am On Aug 07, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Those of you who pay tithes/taxes in the name of Jesus Christ deny yourselves sonship with God by your acts of disobedienceundecided
As Jesus Christ made clear, the Children of God do not pay taxes/Tithe in His name. So, do we ignore Jesus Christ so we can instead follow the doctrines and traditions of men(and their churches) instead? undecided
Even If You Want To Argue Tithing Is Unblical, You Can't Argue That Giving Is. And Giving Attracts Blessings. Especially When That Which Is Given Is Used To Tend To The Sick And Feed The Hungry, Just Like OP's Case.
If You Don't Want To Pay Tithes, That's Okay. So When Was The Last Time You Visited A Hospital To Give To The Sick As A Child Of God.
Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by Kobojunkie: 11:15am On Aug 07, 2022
Aidejay:

Even If You Want To Argue Tithing Is Unblical, You Can't Argue That Giving Is. And Giving Attracts Blessings. Especially When That Which Is Given Is Used To Tend To The Sick And Feed The Hungry, Just Like OP's Case.
If You Don't Want To Pay Tithes, That's Okay. So When Was The Last Time You Visited A Hospital To Give To The Sick As A Child Of God.
Open your eyes to what the one you refer to as your Savior said to you over 2000 years ago about what you cling to. undecided

24 Jesus and his followers went to Capernaum. There the men who collect the two-drachma Temple tax came to Peter and asked, “Does your teacher pay the Temple tax?”
25 Peter answered, “Yes, he does.” Peter went into the house where Jesus was. Before Peter could speak, Jesus said to him, “The kings on the earth get different kinds of taxes from people. But who are those who pay the taxes? Are they the king’s children? Or do other people pay the taxes? What do you think?”
26 Peter answered, “The other people pay the taxes.” Jesus said, “Then the children of the king don’t have to pay taxes - Matthew 17 vs 24 - 26
Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by Kobojunkie: 11:16am On Aug 07, 2022
jom28gy:
By the way you talk shows that you don't know about tithe, you see tithes on human perspectives, not on spiritual aspects of it,too bad, Bible said of it, that whosoever gives tithe don't lack, and cankers worms don't eats, but whoever don't pay tithe,is like a person who that whatsoever person put in his bags lick off, you toiled without warning with good health,a lot about tithes,
Stop lying to yourself pretending you honor God by these lies you fill your heads with! lipsrsealed

There is nothing Spiritual about God’s Tax system to the people of Israel. The Old Law of Moses which you reference was given by God as the National Constitution in the Land of Canaan to the people of Israel on the here earth, the physical world you see and understand. undecided

1 Like

Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by Niklaus398: 2:57pm On Aug 07, 2022
Aidejay:
abi. Amen. Thank you
Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by Niklaus398: 2:58pm On Aug 07, 2022
Aidejay:

true
Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by OkCornel(m): 7:48pm On Aug 07, 2022
Dear OP, when I read this…it became clear to me y’all are limiting God to money.

Without the offerings and Tithes of members they wouldn't have been able to save us. I really don't know where we would have been today.
But in all things Glory to God.

No need to be sentimental. Sentiments is not a substitute for the truth.

God never requested for money as tithes. That’s a man made doctrine.

God never requested the gentiles to tithe. Job never tithed, yet God blessed him exceedingly.
Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by Kobojunkie: 11:26pm On Aug 07, 2022
Niklaus398:
true
Why do you people enjoy the lies fed you by ordinary men whom you label gods over yourselves? undecided

Jesus Christ clearly told you that you deny yourselves sonship in His Kingdom when you do these things. Yet you ignore Jesus Christ's eternal Word all so you can continue to worship at the feet of men you call your pastors and mogs, why? undecided
Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by Niklaus398: 7:26am On Aug 08, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Why do you people enjoy the lies fed you by ordinary men whom you label gods over yourselves? undecided

Jesus Christ clearly told you that you deny yourselves sonship in His Kingdom when you do these things. Yet you ignore Jesus Christ's eternal Word all so you can continue to worship at the feet of men you call your pastors and mogs, why? undecided
Giving that's what it is called. You remember when Jesus went to Jerusalem and people were dropping money and a woman dropped a piece of coin... Tell me Kobo, ain't that offering?
Do you know Jesus also put a coin in there.?

Infact Jesus said that woman gave the most.
Praytell, ain't that something? Abi hasnt Jesus done the preaching of what you're talking about?.

Leave the Men of God alone. If you think you're better...open your church and do better. Let me see how you will fund the church. Buy instruments, pay bills like light, water etc. .how.you will be able to give to the poor amongst you etc.

In all we do in this word except maybe you're a billionaire, we have to take money from parishioners to fund the church.

What you should be asking for is prudency. Is for.the church to use the money.for the right thing earmarked for it
Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by Kobojunkie: 1:45pm On Aug 08, 2022
Niklaus398:
1. Giving that's what it is called. You remember when Jesus went to Jerusalem and people were dropping money and a woman dropped a piece of coin... Tell me Kobo, ain't that offering?
Do you know Jesus also put a coin in there.?

2. Infact Jesus said that woman gave the most.
Praytell, ain't that something? Abi hasnt Jesus done the preaching of what you're talking about?.

3. Leave the Men of God alone. If you think you're better...open your church and do better. Let me see how you will fund the church. Buy instruments, pay bills like light, water etc. .how.you will be able to give to the poor amongst you etc.

4. In all we do in this word except maybe you're a billionaire, we have to take money from parishioners to fund the church. What you should be asking for is prudency. Is for.the church to use the money.for the right thing earmarked for it
1. The woman gave offering in the manner that she did because God commanded them in His Old Covenant Law to give tithes and offerings to Him in such a manner. Jesus Christ lived His life in submission and obedience to God's Old Covenant Law and this is why He was able to proclaim that He came to fulfill the law, so His putting a coin in, eating Passover under the Law, etc. , was in obedience to the will of His Father as He made clear to you. undecided

However, in Jesus Christ, we are not commanded by God to give to any temple of tabernacle in much the same way as specified in the Old Covenant. Jesus Christ was clear about this when He went as far as to proclaim that those who love Him are those who obey His commandments - John 14 vs 15 - 20 - and that those who do that which He does not command(using His name) are His enemies- John 15 vs 14. undecided

Jesus Christ never asked anyone of you to give money to a temple or a church or even your pastors and mogs. He specifically said you should give to the poor, your neighbors, and the least among the brethren. So, what you do in your churches which you call giving has absolutely nothing to do with Jesus Christ. undecided

2. Jesus Christ used the woman as an example to teach His followers that God expects for them to give all the have when they give but He did not ask them to give to temples and to pastors and to the campaigns of mogs. Again, Jesus Christ was specific in stipulating that His followers give to the poor, neighbors, and to the least among the brethren. undecided

3. Jesus Christ never [/b]asked anyone to open any of your church's businesses in His name. So why do you conclude that opening one of your churches is the be-all-end-all for those who believe in Jesus Christ? Simple, rather than abide in Jesus Christ, you have instead been abiding in the lives of men and their churches, against Jesus Christ. undecided

4. Jesus Christ [b]never
gave any man permission to take money from His sheep in order to fund church projects, to begin with. He never permitted you to use His Name in your fundraising campaigns or any of your many campaigns and projects, to begin with. So all you do in your churches are antiChrist who never gave you permission to use His name in the way that you do. undecided

1 Like

Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by Niklaus398: 6:21pm On Aug 08, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. The woman gave offering in the manner that she did because God commanded them in His Old Covenant Law to give tithes and offerings to Him in such a manner. Jesus Christ lived His life in submission and obedience to God's Old Covenant Law and this is why He was able to proclaim that He came to fulfill the law, so His putting a coin in, eating Passover under the Law, etc. , was in obedience to the will of His Father as He made clear to you. undecided

However, in Jesus Christ, we are not commanded by God to give to any temple of tabernacle in much the same way as specified in the Old Covenant. Jesus Christ was clear about this when He went as far as to proclaim that those who love Him are those who obey His commandments - John 14 vs 15 - 20 - and that those who do that which He does not command(using His name) are His enemies- John 15 vs 14. undecided

Jesus Christ never asked anyone of you to give money to a temple or a church or even your pastors and mogs. He specifically said you should give to the poor, your neighbors, and the least among the brethren. So, what you do in your churches which you call giving has absolutely nothing to do with Jesus Christ. undecided

2. Jesus Christ used the woman as an example to teach His followers that God expects for them to give all the have when they give but He did not ask them to give to temples and to pastors and to the campaigns of mogs. Again, Jesus Christ was specific in stipulating that His followers give to the poor, neighbors, and to the least among the brethren. undecided

3. Jesus Christ never [/b]asked anyone to open any of your church's businesses in His name. So why do you conclude that opening one of your churches is the be-all-end-all for those who believe in Jesus Christ? Simple, rather than abide in Jesus Christ, you have instead been abiding in the lives of men and their churches, against Jesus Christ. undecided

4. Jesus Christ [b]never
gave any man permission to take money from His sheep in order to fund church projects, to begin with. He never permitted you to use His Name in your fundraising campaigns or any of your many campaigns and projects, to begin with. So all you do in your churches are antiChrist who never gave you permission to use His name in the way that you do. undecided
You just called it God old convenant law.. Jesus said we should obey God. So obeying God old convenant is something. Abi isn't the 10 Commandment part of those old convenant laws and yet you agree it is still relevant.

I want to ask you, how can the church fund itself without offerings? Please I want to hear from your outstanding wisdom on that?

How can they buy equipments.
Aid their members and pay workers?
Please do indulge me. I'm eager to listen
Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by Kobojunkie: 6:46pm On Aug 08, 2022
Niklaus398:
1. You just called it God old convenant law.. Jesus said we should obey God. So obeying God old convenant is something. Abi isn't the 10 Commandment part of those old convenant laws and yet you agree it is still relevant.

2. I want to ask you, how can the church fund itself without offerings? Please I want to hear from your outstanding wisdom on that?

3. How can they buy equipments. Aid their members and pay workers? Please do indulge me. I'm eager to listen
1. God's Himself called it HIs Old Wine, did He not? And Jesus Christ never asked you to obey God'd Old Covenant Law which God Himself gave as the National Constitution for the Nation which He constituted of the people of Israel - those with the blood of Jacob flowing through their veins - in the land of Canaan - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15-20. Or are you somehow suggesting God is instead a liar now? undecided

God never gave to you what you refer to as the 10 commandments, which in fact were the first 10 commandments of what turned out 613 statues/commandments that make up the Constitution of the Nation of Israel that God gave to the people of Israel when He constituted a Nation of them in the Land of Canaan. What God instead gave to you through Jesus Christ is a different and separate Law, for living in the Kingdom of God. undecided

2. Jesus Christ did not send you or anyone to build your churches using His Name to begin with. Nor did He send anyone out to collect what you call offerings using His Name. So if what you do was never commanded by Jesus Christ, don't you see that not only is it against Him, it is also vain as He made clear in Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 and Mark 7 vs 1 - 13 undecided

3. Jesus Christ never asked you to use His name in your purchase of equipment, He never asked you to use HIs name in running your businesses - aiding your members and paying your workers included. He never sent anyone out to do all that using His name, so why do you use His Name against His Will? undecided
Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by Niklaus398: 6:56pm On Aug 08, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. God's Himself called it HIs Old Wine, did He not? And Jesus Christ never asked you to obey God'd Old Covenant Law which God Himself gave as the National Constitution for the Nation which He constituted of the people of Israel - those with the blood of Jacob flowing through their veins - in the land of Canaan - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15-20. Or are you somehow suggesting God is instead a liar now? undecided

God never gave to you what you refer to as the 10 commandments, which in fact were the first 10 commandments of what turned out 613 statues/commandments that make up the Constitution of the Nation of Israel that God gave to the people of Israel when He constituted a Nation of them in the Land of Canaan. What God instead gave to you through Jesus Christ is a different and separate Law, for living in the Kingdom of God. undecided

2. Jesus Christ did not send you or anyone to build your churches using His Name to begin with. Nor did He send anyone out to collect what you call offerings using His Name. So if what you do was never commanded by Jesus Christ, don't you see that not only is it against Him, it is also vain as He made clear in Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 and Mark 7 vs 1 - 13 undecided

3. Jesus Christ never asked you to use His name in your purchase of equipment, He never asked you to use HIs name in running your businesses - aiding your members and paying your workers included. He never sent anyone out to do all that using His name, so why do you use His Name against His Will? undecided
lol go and check the book of Act I'm sure there is a lot of passages talking bout the gathering of the faithfuls which indirectly transformed into the church. Paul talk about that I think he talked about how the faithful can come together and doing some special day's' , interact and help each other.
By the faithful coming together they created a congregation of believers those believers became parishioners ...and doing that period they were coming together they use to give offerings I believe to not just buy equipments needed but alp help believers in need.

Tht my bro is how the church began. That's why today it is called the bride of Christ.
.Christ himself talk about some churches being hot, cold and warm. (Book of revelation) so if Christ didn't agree with churches..I'm sure he wouldn't in the book of Revelation talk about them
Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by Kobojunkie: 7:06pm On Aug 08, 2022
Niklaus398:
1. lol go and check the book of Act I'm sure there is a lot of passages talking bout the gathering of the faithfuls which indirectly transformed into the church. Paul talk about that I think he talked about how the faithful can come together and doing some special day's' , interact and help each other.

2. By the faithful coming together they created a congregation of believers those believers became parishioners ...and doing that period they were coming together they use to give offerings I believe to not just buy equipments needed but alp help believers in need.

3. Tht my bro is how the church began. That's why today it is called the bride of Christ.
.Christ himself talk about some churches being hot, cold and warm. (Book of revelation) so if Christ didn't agree with churches..I'm sure he wouldn't in the book of Revelation talk about them
The problem with a whole lot of you is you don't even understand what it is to be a follower of Jesus Christ.

1. So what if the disciples gathered, how does that justify your using the Name of Jesus Christ for your fundraisings, running of your church business, and projects? What have the gatherings written of even in the book of acts to do with your church businesses which Jesus Christ never commanded of anyone? undecided

2. Again, Jesus Christ never asked anyone to build churches using His name, buy church equipment using His name, raise funds using his name, so what has any of that which you continue to describe to do with Jesus Christ who never asked His followers to do any of what you do in His name abeg? undecided

3. What you described is instead how men justify their building of businesses for themselves using Jesus Christ's name without His permission. Jesus Christ never asked anyone to build churches, raise funds, solicit funds from His sheep, etc., using His Name and His Kingdom as the reason. By doing these things you instead sin against God, and your worship of Him is meaningless - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13. undecided
Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by Niklaus398: 8:07pm On Aug 08, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The problem with a whole lot of you is you don't even understand what it is to be a follower of Jesus Christ.

1. So what if the disciples gathered, how does that justify your using the Name of Jesus Christ for your fundraisings, running of your church business, and projects? What have the gatherings written of even in the book of acts to do with your church businesses which Jesus Christ never commanded of anyone? undecided

2. Again, Jesus Christ never asked anyone to build churches using His name, buy church equipment using His name, raise funds using his name, so what has any of that which you continue to describe to do with Jesus Christ who never asked His followers to do any of what you do in His name abeg? undecided

3. What you described is instead how men justify their building of businesses for themselves using Jesus Christ's name without His permission. Jesus Christ never asked anyone to build churches, raise funds, solicit funds from His sheep, etc., using His Name and His Kingdom as the reason. By doing these things you instead sin against God, and your worship of Him is meaningless - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13. undecided
Go and read revelation that talked about the church. Jesus talking about the church.
Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by Kobojunkie: 8:09pm On Aug 08, 2022
Niklaus398:
Go and read revelation that talked about the church. Jesus talking about the church.
Jesus Christ is the one whom you claim is your savior, the one who said that by His own hands, His own church will be built... but instead of paying attention to the Law He gave to you over 2000 years ago, you would rather consult the book of Revelations so you can ignore Jesus Christ, why? undecided
Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by Obafavour(m): 8:36pm On Aug 08, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ is the one whom you claim is your savior, the one who said that by His own hands, His own church will be built... but instead of paying attention to the Law He gave to you over 2000 years ago, you would rather consult the book of Revelations so you can ignore Jesus Christ, why? undecided
Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by Obafavour(m): 8:38pm On Aug 08, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So it wasn't jesus that spoke in "revelation 2&3"?
Read this aswell "matthew 16:15-19" and don't forget peter started the early church which jesus commanded him in "john 21:15-17" and peter collected funds in "acts 4:33-37&5:1-11" and which the holy ghost the promise of the father "acts 1:4&2:4, luke 24:29 is in full support of it.
Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by Niklaus398: 8:54pm On Aug 08, 2022
Kobojunkie:
smh. Is revelation not part of the Bible?.. oga no be from same bible you saw Jesus say he will build his church?

Thank God you even talk about church.. what do you think Jesus meant by church or building a Church?

A church is a committee if believers coming together as one on special occasions . A church is also meant to be a sanctuary for people with problems... How do you expect the church to sort out the problems of it members especially finances? They should steal?.
What is the essence of the church if it can't help its members and itself
Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by Obafavour(m): 8:58pm On Aug 08, 2022
Niklaus398:
smh. Is revelation not part of the Bible?.. oga no be from same bible you saw Jesus say he will build his church?

Thank God you even talk about church.. what do you think Jesus meant by church or building a Church?

A church is a committee if believers coming together as one on special occasions . A church is also meant to be a sanctuary for people with problems... How do you expect the church to sort out the problems of it members especially finances? They should steal?.
No mind the idiot, i don reply am up before you, check am.

1 Like

Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by Niklaus398: 9:44pm On Aug 08, 2022
Obafavour:

No mind the idiot, i don reply am up before you, check am.
the guy self tire me . Nigga dey do like Mr knowall
Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by Kobojunkie: 10:31pm On Aug 08, 2022
Niklaus398:
1. smh. Is revelation not part of the Bible?.. oga no be from same bible you saw Jesus say he will build his church?

2. Thank God you even talk about church.. what do you think Jesus meant by church or building a Church?

1. When Jesus Christ preached to His followers, did He mention that reading of Revelations was necessary in order to enter into His Heaven? undecided

2. Jesus Christ explained in John 15 that His church was comprised of those who abide in Him and Him in them. He clearly taught you that not everyone who called Him "Lord, Lord!" was His, so for you to confuse your church buildings and gatherings with the Church that is of Jesus Christ reveals how very little Jesus Christ's own teachings mean to you. undecided
Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by Niklaus398: 9:18am On Aug 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. When Jesus Christ preached to His followers, did He mention that reading of Revelations was necessary in order to enter into His Heaven? undecided

2. Jesus Christ explained in John 15 that His church was comprised of those who abide in Him and Him in them. He clearly taught you that not everyone who called Him "Lord, Lord!" was His, so for you to confuse your church buildings and gatherings with the Church that is of Jesus Christ reveals how very little Jesus Christ's own teachings mean to you. undecided
go back and read act cause this is clearly dumb. So those who abides in Jesus no dey eat, no dey pay bills, taxes etc? What if they're running through financial problems isn't it the duty of the church to come to their aids?. How can they do that...na by stealing?

Where did Jesus say reading any part of the Bible will take u to heaven?. He only talk about actions. Doing those Commandments.

Abeg o abeg o.

You claiming to be intelligent Mr know-all.

If you read revelation you will understand what Jesus says about the churches....were those things he said about the churches did they sound like he was against the church?.

Oga think o.

Maybe when you bring a congregation of believers together, I wonder how you guys will deal with finances without contribution
Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by Obafavour(m): 7:02pm On Aug 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:

1. That your number one shows how dumb u're. Did jesus aswell said u neccessarily need to read d 4 gospel before going to heaven? u avoided my question i place b4 u because of ur false spirit. Was is not jesus that spoke in "revelation 2&3?
2. Yes Jesus churches are those who abide in him. But if u read nd understand acts and revelation u would see clearly Jesus isn't against d churches, only for u 2 stand against d progress and it won't change anything.
Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by Kobojunkie: 8:37pm On Aug 09, 2022
Niklaus398:
1. go back and read act cause this is clearly dumb. So those who abides in Jesus no dey eat, no dey pay bills, taxes etc? What if they're running through financial problems isn't it the duty of the church to come to their aids?. How can they do that...na by stealing?
2. Where did Jesus say reading any part of the Bible will take u to heaven?. He only talk about actions. Doing those Commandments. Abeg o abeg o. You claiming to be intelligent Mr know-all.
3. If you read revelation you will understand what Jesus says about the churches....were those things he said about the churches did they sound like he was against the church?.Oga think o.
4. Maybe when you bring a congregation of believers together, I wonder how you guys will deal with finances without contribution
1. Regarding how those who belong to Jesus Christ eat, Jesus taught in the Gospels that they are not to worry themselves about such things that those in the world worry about since the Father Himself will provide all their needs. undecided
25 “So I tell you, don’t worry about the things you need to live—what you will eat, drink, or wear. Life is more important than food, and the body is more important than what you put on it.
26 Look at the birds. They don’t plant, harvest, or save food in barns, but your heavenly Father feeds them. Don’t you know you are worth much more than they are?
27 You cannot add any time to your life by worrying about it.
28 “And why do you worry about clothes? Look at the wildflowers in the field. See how they grow. They don’t work or make clothes for themselves.
29 But I tell you that even Solomon, the great and rich king, was not dressed as beautifully as one of these flowers.
30 If God makes what grows in the field so beautiful, what do you think he will do for you? It’s just grass—one day it’s alive, and the next day someone throws it into a fire. But God cares enough to make it beautiful. Surely he will do much more for you. Your faith is so small!
31 “Don’t worry and say, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear?’
32 That’s what those people who don’t know God are always thinking about. Don’t worry, because your Father in heaven knows that you need all these things.
33 What you should want most is God’s kingdom and doing what he wants you to do. Then he will give you all these other things you need.
34 So don’t worry about tomorrow. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Tomorrow will have its own worries. - Matthew 6 vs 25 - 34
So, do you not believe Jesus Christ telling you that God Himself will take care of all your needs Or is it simply that you are still of the world since your worries are geared towards providing it all for yourself your way? undecided

2 Since Jesus Christ didn't say you have to read the book of Revelations in order to understand His commandments and obey them, then why do you keep pointing everywhere else but to the teachings of Jesus Christ in this here conversation on what is Law in the Kingdom of God? undecided

3. Jesus Christ more than explained His Church in His Gospel teachings and every commandment He gave to each in His Church is clearly outlined there in the Gospel as well, and I am certain what John wrote in Revelations about the Church that belongs to Jesus Christ in no way changes that decreed by Jesus Christ Himself as far as the law that individuals in His Church Vine are to live by. undecided

4. Jesus Christ never sent anyone to bring a congregation of believers together as you do in your churches, to begin with. You seem not to realize that your churches are not commanded by Jesus Christ and neither is the bulk of what you engage in of Him hence the reason why you lot worry so much about finances going as far as to fleece God's sheep, and use God's name for your fundraising campaigns, paying of bills, and workers, without God's permission. undecided

God said He will Himself provide for those who belong to Him - His Church. But here you are arguing that your churches have to go against God in order to provide for themselves. Don't you see what is staring you in the face there? undecided
Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by RepoMan007: 9:04pm On Aug 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
When you want to oppose tithe and offering, you accept the reality of analogies. In this case the king being God and his children being exempted from temple tax but same you will narrow down other instances of scriptures to the ancient Israelites on your bid for confusion and discord among God's people.
Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by Kobojunkie: 9:07pm On Aug 09, 2022
RepoMan007:
When you want to oppose tithe and offering, you accept the reality of analogies. In this case the king being God and his children being exempted from temple tax but same you will narrow down other instances of scriptures to the ancient Israelites on your bid for confusion and discord among God's people.
You are not making any sense to me here. undecided

The one who made the statement recorded in Matthew 17 vs 24 - 26 is Jesus Christ, God's New Covenant, and Gospel in the Kingdom of God, right? And He said what He did in regards to an Old Covenant practice, to one of His followers, Peter, right? ... so, what exactly is your confusion and discord in this? undecided

Also, the reference to Children of God clearly indicates to you in that context that Jesus Christ is speaking here of those who belong in the Kingdom of God, and not those who are of God's Old Covenant Law of Moses, the children of Israel. undecided
Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by RepoMan007: 9:34pm On Aug 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You are not making any sense to me here. undecided

The one who made the statement recorded in Matthew 17 vs 24 - 26 is Jesus Christ, God's New Covenant, and Gospel in the Kingdom of God, right? And He said what He did in regards to an Old Covenant practice, to one of His followers, Peter, right? ... so, what exactly is your confusion and discord in this? undecided

Also, the reference to Children of God clearly indicates to you in that context that Jesus Christ is speaking here of those who belong in the Kingdom of God, and not those who are of God's Old Covenant Law of Moses, the children of Israel. undecided
Let me answer a fool according to his folly.
So God wants non Christians to be the ones paying temple tax? Ride on.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Said God Showed Him The Winner Of The Presidential Election / Children Of Jehovah’s Witnesses Submit Report Detailing Sexual Abuse / Sharing The Experience Of Spirituality.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.