Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,090 members, 7,863,809 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:00 AM

Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. (981 Views)

Lady Twerks In Church During Tithe And Offering / Daddy Freeze Shares Mobile Bank App For Tithes And Offerings For Churches / Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by Niklaus398: 9:36pm On Aug 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Regarding how those who belong to Jesus Christ eat, Jesus taught in the Gospels that they are not to worry themselves about such things that those in the world worry about since the Father Himself will provide all their needs. undecided
So, do you not believe Jesus Christ telling you that God Himself will take care of all your needs Or is it simply that you are still of the world since your worries are geared towards providing it all for yourself your way? undecided

2 Since Jesus Christ didn't say you have to read the book of Revelations in order to understand His commandments and obey them, then why do you keep pointing everywhere else but to the teachings of Jesus Christ in this here conversation on what is Law in the Kingdom of God? undecided

3. Jesus Christ more than explained His Church in His Gospel teachings and every commandment He gave to each in His Church is clearly outlined there in the Gospel as well, and I am certain what John wrote in Revelations about the Church that belongs to Jesus Christ in no way changes that decreed by Jesus Christ Himself as far as the law that individuals in His Church Vine are to live by. undecided

4. Jesus Christ never sent anyone to bring a congregation of believers together as you do in your churches, to begin with. You seem not to realize that your churches are not commanded by Jesus Christ and neither is the bulk of what you engage in of Him hence the reason why you lot worry so much about finances going as far as to fleece God's sheep, and use God's name for your fundraising campaigns, paying of bills, and workers, without God's permission. undecided

God said He will Himself provide for those who belong to Him - His Church. But here you are arguing that your churches have to go against God in order to provide for themselves. Don't you see what is staring you in the face there? undecided
even himself said a man that doesn't work should not eat.

So because one believe in God the everything he needs will be provided even if he doesn't work? U see why u are not as intelligent as you think?

So Christ will come down to pay rent, buy food, pay taxes and bills for a man simply cause the man believe in God?

Oga reason with ur head na
Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by Kobojunkie: 9:42pm On Aug 09, 2022
Niklaus398:
1. Even himself said a man that doesn't work should not eat.

So because one believe in God the everything he needs will be provided even if he doesn't work? U see why u are not as intelligent as you think?
2. So Christ will come down to pay rent, buy food, pay taxes and bills for a man simply cause the man believe in God? Oga reason with ur head na
1. Jesus Christ isn't the one who made that claim at all. Instead, what Jesus Christ said to His followers is that they no longer work for food that perishes. undecided
25 The people found Jesus on the other side of the lake. They asked him, “Teacher, when did you come here?”
26 He answered, “Why are you looking for me? Is it because you saw miraculous signs? The truth is, you are looking for me because you ate the bread and were satisfied. 
27  But earthly food spoils and ruins. So don’t work to get that kind of food. But work to get the food that stays good and gives you eternal life. The Son of Man will give you that food. He is the only one qualified by God the Father to give it to you.
28 The people asked Jesus, “What does God want us to do?”
29 Jesus answered, “The work God wants you to do is this: to believe in the one he sent.”
30 So the people asked, “What miraculous sign will you do for us? If we can see you do a miracle, then we will believe you. What will you do? 
31 Our ancestors were given manna to eat in the desert. As the Scriptures say, ‘He gave them bread from heaven to eat. - John 6 vs 25 - 31
Right there in verse 27, Jesus Christ tells you that you no longer work for food that perishes but instead work for food that endures to eternity which only He can give you. undecided

2. I take it then that you don't believe in Jesus Christ at all. What you instead cling to are your ideas of Him established for you by what are doctrines and traditions of men( and their churches), lies, which Jesus Christ warned will only lead you further away from God as you continue to submit to them. undecided
Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by Kobojunkie: 9:47pm On Aug 09, 2022
RepoMan007:
Let me answer a fool according to his folly. So God wants non Christians to be the ones paying temple tax? Ride on.
You are not making any sense. You need to take time to reason these things through so you can gain the understanding that is available even for you. undecided

The Old Covenant Tax system, including the temple tax, was set up for those of God's Old Covenant system - those who are of the Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan. God called Christians to a different Law and a different Kingdom entirely. Why would God want those of the Kingdom of God to pay taxes according to the Law of another Kingdom that He constituted? undecided
Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by Niklaus398: 7:17am On Aug 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Jesus Christ isn't the one who made that claim at all. Instead, what Jesus Christ said to His followers is that they no longer work for food that perishes. undecided
Right there in verse 27, Jesus Christ tells you that you no longer work for food that perishes but instead work for food that endures to eternity which only He can give you. undecided

2. I take it then that you don't believe in Jesus Christ at all. What you instead cling to are your ideas of Him established for you by what are doctrines and traditions of men( and their churches), lies, which Jesus Christ warned will only lead you further away from God as you continue to submit to them. undecided
Oga do you work?. Do u do any job at all? Why don't you resign from it or stop doing them and wait for your believe in Jesus Christ to come freed u
Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by Wilgrea7(m): 1:01pm On Aug 10, 2022
OP... I'm glad your dad is fine.. and I'm glad the churches and mosques were able to offer some help to people who needed it.

That being said, I'm still against tithes in the way they are being promoted.

The idea that people have to give 10% of their income because they think a God says so, is incredibly dangerous.

Donations from the church can be used to help the needy and less privileged.. true.. but a lot of people being coerced to pay these tithes ARE the less privileged themselves.

A lot of people barely make enough to put food on their table. The only reason they go ahead to pay tithes and sow heavy seeds, is because they believe

1. Whatever god is up there will reward them
2. They want their god to “rebuke the devourer for their sake"

If churches got their money through donations.. rather than coercing people to pay a portion of their salary because they want to be blessed or protected ... Then things would be much better
Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by Kobojunkie: 1:07pm On Aug 10, 2022
Niklaus398:
Oga do you work?. Do u do any job at all? Why don't you resign from it or stop doing them and wait for your believe in Jesus Christ to come freed u
So you now accept that your churches don't have their foundation built on the rock that is Jesus Christ but instead on the ideas of men on how to survive - have jobs, pay bills etc., - things Jesus Christ made clear that the people of the world worry about but His own shouldn't? undecided

So, Jesus Christ can't free you that is why you hold fast to your jobs, use His name to pay your bills etc., all of which are against His very teachings, yet you claim you worship Jesus Christ and belong to Him? And here you are using His name again to make sure tithing which is against Him can continue so you can continue to feed yourself fat in this world in sin while you lie that you are of Him. undecided
Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by Niklaus398: 1:44pm On Aug 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So you now accept that your churches don't have their foundation built on the rock that is Jesus Christ but instead on the ideas of men on how to survive - have jobs, pay bills etc., - things Jesus Christ made clear that the people of the world worry about but His own shouldn't? undecided

So, Jesus Christ can't free you that is why you hold fast to your jobs, use His name to pay your bills etc., all of which are against His very teachings, yet you claim you worship Jesus Christ and belong to Him? And here you are using His name again to make sure tithing which is against Him can continue so you can continue to feed yourself fat in this world in sin while you lie that you are of Him. undecided
. Even the children of isreal in the days if David and the rest prophets they still work even though they believe in God.

I do wonder why you re saying.
I'm done with this nonsense by the way.
Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by Kobojunkie: 2:28pm On Aug 10, 2022
Niklaus398:
. 1. Even the children of isreal in the days if David and the rest prophets they still work even though they believe in God.

I2. do wonder why you re saying.
I'm done with this nonsense by the way.
1. Jesus Christ never called any of His followers to do as the children of the Israel, or David, or any of the prophets did. He instead called His own to a standard that is for a Kingdom not of this world. So Why you expect it all to conform to the rules of this world against that which Jesus Christ Himself commanded and decreed of His own is because with your mouth you declare to be of Him while your heart is far away from Him. undecided

2. Jesus Christ said those who belong to Him depend on God for even what they eat. They no longer work for food that perishes. Yet, you think yourself wiser than He is. If a servant considers himself wiser than the one who is his master, can such a servant be trusted to do as commanded by his master? undecided
Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by Niklaus398: 2:40pm On Aug 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Jesus Christ never called any of His followers to do as the children of the Israel, or David, or any of the prophets did. He instead called His own to a standard that is for a Kingdom not of this world. So Why you expect it all to conform to the rules of this world against that which Jesus Christ Himself commanded and decreed of His own is because with your mouth you declare to be of Him while your heart is far away from Him. undecided
Hi
2. Jesus Christ said those who belong to Him depend on God for even what they eat. They no longer work for food that perishes. Yet, you think yourself wiser than He is. If a servant considers himself wiser than the one who is his master, can such a servant be trusted to do as commanded by his master? undecided
So the children of isreal, David etc did not depend on God?

Lol guy you be clown no offense. They depended on themselves. David etc depended on himself not God. Clown.
Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by Kobojunkie: 2:46pm On Aug 10, 2022
Niklaus398:
1. So the children of isreal, David etc did not depend on God?

Lol guy you be clown no offense. They depended on themselves. David etc depended on himself not God. Clown.
1. They were called to a different Covenant which allowed them to work for food that perishes for 6 days out of each week. Their dependence on God was defined differently according to God's Law to them. undecided

Those who are called by God to Jesus Christ, His New Covenant Law in the Kingdom of God however are called to seize working for food that perishes entirely as Jesus Christ made clear. He called them to Him declaring He would give them rest(Sabbath) not once a week but always - Matthew 12 vs 28 - 30 and John 6 vs 25 - 35. He proclaimed that He is the Lord of the Sabbath, the one who redeems man from God's curse on mankind that condemns man to sweat to feed himself - Genesis 3 vs 18 - 19. undecided

So, the question is why do you not trust God in Jesus Christ, yet seeking to engage Him in that which He never gave to you, to begin with? undecided
Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by Niklaus398: 2:51pm On Aug 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. They were called to a different Covenant which allowed them to work for food that perishes for 6 days out of each week. Their dependence on God was defined differently according to God's Law to them. undecided

Those who are called by God to Jesus Christ, His New Covenant Law in the Kingdom of God however are called to seize working for food that perishes entirely as Jesus Christ made clear. He called them to Him declaring He would give them rest(Sabbath) not once a week but always - Matthew 12 vs 28 - 30 and John 6 vs 25 - 35. He proclaimed that He is the Lord of the Sabbath, the one who redeems man from God's curse on mankind that condemns man to sweat to feed himself - Genesis 3 vs 18 - 19. undecided

So, the question is why do you not trust God in Jesus Christ, yet seeking to engage Him in that which He never gave to you, to begin with? undecided
Oya have you seized working for food? If you're still doing jobs or under paid employment weather private or Govt then let me use your words.. you're disobeying Christ.
Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by Kobojunkie: 3:12pm On Aug 10, 2022
Niklaus398:
Oya have you seized working for food? If you're still doing jobs or under paid employment weather private or Govt then let me use your words.. you're disobeying Christ.
Just as Jesus Christ decreed over 2000, those who belong to Him no longer work for food that perishes. undecided

So, since your churches work daily for perishable food going as far as to use God's name, against God, for their hussles, doesn't that make concrete the fact that your churches are against God and not for Him? undecided
Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by Niklaus398: 6:12pm On Aug 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Just as Jesus Christ decreed over 2000, those who belong to Him no longer work for food that perishes. undecided

So, since your churches work daily for perishable food going as far as to use God's name, against God, for their hussles, doesn't that make concrete the fact that your churches are against God and not for Him? undecided
oga I'm talking about you.
Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by Kobojunkie: 7:12pm On Aug 10, 2022
Niklaus398:
oga I'm talking about you.
I obey Jesus Christ even in this, but since I am not sent out to teach my own story, I teach instead that which Jesus Christ commands all of His followers to do. undecided

So, why do you confuse yourself claiming you are of Him when you obviously don't see eye to eye with Him as far as His decrees and His Kingdom? lipsrsealed
Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by Niklaus398: 7:29pm On Aug 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I obey Jesus Christ even in this, but since I am not sent out to teach my own story, I teach instead that which Jesus Christ commands all of His followers to do. undecided

So, why do you confuse yourself claiming you are of Him when you obviously don't see eye to eye with Him as far as His decrees and His Kingdom? lipsrsealed
Ogaa as long as you work weather for your self or someone or Govt..u don't obey Christ.
Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by Kobojunkie: 7:54pm On Aug 10, 2022
Niklaus398:
Ogaa as long as you work weather for your self or someone or Govt..u don't obey Christ.
That's true. Hence the reason why I chose to obey Jesus Christ in this and instead do the work which He insists I must do instead. undecided

So why do you and your churches refuse to do that which Jesus Christ commands - John 6 vs 25 - 35 ? lipsrsealed
Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by Niklaus398: 9:50pm On Aug 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
That's true. Hence the reason why I chose to obey Jesus Christ in this and instead do the work which He insists I must do instead. undecided

So why do you and your churches refuse to do that which Jesus Christ commands - John 6 vs 25 - 35 ? lipsrsealed
oga u a re a liar. U are doing no work.
Cheap liar����
Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by Kobojunkie: 10:48pm On Aug 10, 2022
Niklaus398:
oga u a re a liar. U are doing no work. Cheap liar����
Well, regardless of what you may think of me, the fact remains that Jesus Christ commanded that those who belong in His Church no longer work for food that perishes. He decreed that they instead work for food that endures to eternity which only He can give to each of them - John 6 vs 25 - 35. undecided

Now, if you do not agree with Him, neither obey Him, how can you think yourself to be of Him? How can your churches which thrive on the daily hustles of your members and your pastors who go as far as to use the very Name of Jesus Christ for their hustles without His permission, be said to be of Jesus Christ? undecided
Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by Niklaus398: 7:14am On Aug 11, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Well, regardless of what you may think of me, the fact remains that Jesus Christ commanded that those who belong in His Church no longer work for food that perishes. He decreed that they instead work for food that endures to eternity which only He can give to each of them - John 6 vs 25 - 35. undecided

Now, if you do not agree with Him, neither obey Him, how can you think yourself to be of Him? How can your churches which thrive on the daily hustles of your members and your pastors who go as far as to use the very Name of Jesus Christ for their hustles without His permission, be said to be of Jesus Christ? undecided
a man that does not work should not eat.
Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by Kobojunkie: 1:09pm On Aug 11, 2022
Niklaus398:
a man that does not work should not eat.
Jesus Christ never gave you that rule. Instead men did that and so you should confront those men whose doctrine and traditions, lies, you submit yourself to and ask them why they used God's name in feeding you that lie. undecided
Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by Niklaus398: 3:46pm On Aug 11, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ never gave you that rule. Instead men did that and so you should confront those men whose doctrine and traditions, lies, you submit yourself to and ask them why they used God's name in feeding you that lie. undecided
Shame. If u don't know that rule is from God.

Lol because Jesus say this or that but u going against God who says a man should work to feed his family. Do u think Jesus will go against God words.

Mtcheeew
Re: Tithe And Offerings: For Those Who Want An End To It. by Kobojunkie: 3:49pm On Aug 11, 2022
Niklaus398:
1. Shame. If u don't know that rule is from God.
2. Lol because Jesus say this or that but u going against God who says a man should work to feed his family. Do u think Jesus will go against God words.
Mtcheeew
1. If it is from God then you should have no problem stating exactly where in Scripture God pronounced that rule. undecided

2. Jesus Christ is God's Law and Truth, the very Word out of God's own mouth, so how can Jesus Christ be against God or God be against Jesus Christ? Are you somehow insinuating God is mentally ill or something? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Every Livin Soul / Is Endtime Approaching / Am I Am Infidel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.