Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,667 members, 7,809,517 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

My Car Overheats Please Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Overheats Please Help (870 Views)

Why Does My Car Overheats When AC Is Switched On? / Car Overheats / Help 2004 Acura MDX Overheats When The A.C Is Turned ON (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Car Overheats Please Help by Bapy(m): 3:38pm On Aug 07, 2022
The car overheats, the brake becomes hard, and it stops gradually when I don't accelerate.
Re: My Car Overheats Please Help by Ravenna: 3:40pm On Aug 07, 2022
Check your fan, radiatior and gear sensors.
Re: My Car Overheats Please Help by Bapy(m): 4:51pm On Aug 07, 2022
Ravenna:
Check your fan, radiator and gear sensors.

I've gone to my mechanic and he said there's nothing wrong with my radiator and the fan, don't know about the gear sensor.

I do perceive smell as if something is burning around my tire.
Re: My Car Overheats Please Help by kernniejay(m): 6:52pm On Aug 07, 2022
Bapy:

I've gone to my mechanic and he said there's nothing wrong with my radiator and the fan, don't know about the gear sensor.

I do perceive smell as if something is burning around my tire.
Whenever you have issues with your car and you need advice from people, always state the brand and model of the car with year of manufacture too.
NB: Don't joke about the burning smell around your wheel, it is dangerous. Take it to a competent technician for proper solution. Many cars have gone ablaze by that issue.

1 Like

Re: My Car Overheats Please Help by sultaan(m): 7:16pm On Aug 07, 2022
Bapy:
The car overheats, the brake becomes hard, and it stops gradually when I don't accelerate.

When you say car overheats and brake becomes hard, feel how hot all the brakes and rims are and the very hot one is the problem, replace the caliper and brake fluid
Re: My Car Overheats Please Help by Bapy(m): 9:18pm On Aug 07, 2022
kernniejay:

Whenever you have issues with your car and you need advice from people, always state the brand and model of the car with year of manufacture too.
NB: Don't joke about the burning smell around your wheel, it is dangerous. Take it to a competent technician for proper solution. Many cars have gone ablaze by that issue.

Thank you boss.
Re: My Car Overheats Please Help by Bapy(m): 9:20pm On Aug 07, 2022
sultaan:

When you say car overheats and brake becomes hard, feel how hot all the brakes and rims are and the very hot one is the problem, replace the caliper and brake fluid

Ohhh, does it cause the water in the radiator to boil too?
Re: My Car Overheats Please Help by Antihelminth: 8:04am On Aug 08, 2022
sultaan:

We usually do just remove break piston from the caliper and wash it with omo ..sand paper the break piston and caliper port .then apply small engine oil on the piston den couple it back ..
No need to buy a new break caliper
Re: My Car Overheats Please Help by Bapy(m): 8:24pm On Aug 08, 2022
Bapy:

Ohhh, does it cause the water in the radiator to boil too?

Yes boss
Re: My Car Overheats Please Help by Bapy(m): 8:28pm On Aug 08, 2022
Antihelminth:

We usually do just remove break piston from the caliper and wash it with omo ..sand paper the break piston and caliper port .then apply small engine oil on the piston den couple it back ..
No need to buy a new break calliper

Wow! Thanks boss
Re: My Car Overheats Please Help by Bapy(m): 8:28pm On Aug 08, 2022
I was able to fix the car today. Thanks, everyone
Re: My Car Overheats Please Help by fineboynl(m): 8:09am On Aug 09, 2022
Bapy:
what was the problem and what did you fix.

2 Likes

Re: My Car Overheats Please Help by Kingdemu: 8:12am On Aug 09, 2022
Bapy:
What was the fix?

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Nairalanders Afraid To Purchase From Nairaland Expecially Cars / Buying My First Car Next Week / Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.