Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Entitlement Mentality With Private Teachers - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Entitlement Mentality With Private Teachers (1145 Views)

If I Do Masters Make I Bend: I Changed That Mentality After Writing This Exam. / Fund For Private Teachers / Good News As FG Agrees To Pay Private Teachers' Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Entitlement Mentality With Private Teachers by ebenezary(m): 8:06pm On Aug 07, 2022
Why will teachers will be asking for compensation as if they are doing my child (ren) a favour by teaching the in class after l paid the Big school fees

Good day, parents in the house, please l want to know if this thing happens in most or just a few private schools

If you don't offer them something, na side wahala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Entitlement Mentality With Private Teachers by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:12pm On Aug 07, 2022
blackmail....since your child would still have to study/learn under these teachers.

1 Like

Re: Entitlement Mentality With Private Teachers by talk2hb1(m): 6:50am On Aug 08, 2022
To All Parents With Wards in private schools, please endeavour to know your child's classroom teachers pay, how much they earn, are they well compensated.
Knowing the teachers compensation will help you know if the school actually values their staff or all they care about is their own profit.
I am not in support of class teacher blackmailing parents because they couldn't negotiate a good salary.
ebenezary:
Why will teachers will be asking for compensation as if they are doing my child (ren) a favour by teaching the in class after l paid the Big school fees

Good day, parents in the house, please l want to know if this thing happens in most or just a few private schools

If you don't offer them something, na side wahala

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Entitlement Mentality With Private Teachers by GODSMILEFOREVER: 1:58pm On Aug 08, 2022
Op , out of the school fees you pay how much do you think each teacher is being paid. Teachers are the ones doing 80% of the job.They deserve more than they are being paid. If you have money give them, if you don't have money appreciate them with nice words. It is not a big deal to appreciate your children teacher.

2 Likes

Re: Entitlement Mentality With Private Teachers by Joshchi19(m): 2:12pm On Aug 08, 2022
I pity most private school teachers. Well.., their reward is in heaven.

For your question, it happens everywhere. If you have give them. Don't be stingy smiley

1 Like

Re: Entitlement Mentality With Private Teachers by Epher: 3:06pm On Aug 08, 2022
You should ask how much the school is paying the tracers, from there, you'll have a clue if the school values the teachers.
Re: Entitlement Mentality With Private Teachers by ravensckar(m): 3:41pm On Aug 08, 2022
Gone are the days when we used to hear that there's dignity in labour. Nowadays, the culture of begging and borrowing have taken over. This new trend of begging (even among the working class) is sickening! Like what the hell is this country turning into? angry angry

You go enter bank, security people go dey look you one kind as if they are not being paid. One fit even summon courage ask you 'Oga, anything for your boys?'. At the counter too, after withdrawing, the bankers (especially the females) will be smiling sheepishly indirectly asking for a tip. Common! Where are our values? Filling station people go beg, civil servants go beg, police go beg, NEPA people go beg. Wetin dey sup gan?

Now, teachers that are supposed to impact values into our kids have adopted this beggy beggy approach. Is there any future for this country at all?

1 Like

Re: Entitlement Mentality With Private Teachers by PlsBanMe: 4:15pm On Aug 08, 2022
If you have, please give to private school teachers. Don't make them ask. Most of them are earning worse than slaves will ever earn.

4 Likes

Re: Entitlement Mentality With Private Teachers by ebenezary(m): 4:28pm On Aug 10, 2022
if you are not ok with your salary, then leave the work. why tax the parent again, everyone of us are in the same Nigeria and l am not a politician and l know how the school act when school fees are not paid as epexted
MrBrownJay1:
blackmail....since your child would still have to study/learn under these teachers.
Re: Entitlement Mentality With Private Teachers by teacherbim(f): 5:06pm On Aug 10, 2022
Joshchi19:
I pity most private school teachers. Well.., their reward is in heaven.

For your question, it happens everywhere. If you have give them. Don't be stingy smiley
My reward as a teacher is here on Earth smiley
Re: Entitlement Mentality With Private Teachers by Joshchi19(m): 9:13pm On Aug 11, 2022
teacherbim:

My reward as a teacher is here on Earth smiley
The lord is your strength

1 Like

Re: Entitlement Mentality With Private Teachers by Nobody: 12:45am On Aug 12, 2022
ravensckar:
Gone are the days when we used to hear that there's dignity in labour. Nowadays, the culture of begging and borrowing have taken over. This new trend of begging (even among the working class) is sickening! Like what the hell is this country turning into? angry angry

You go enter bank, security people go dey look you one kind as if they are not being paid. One fit even summon courage ask you 'Oga, anything for your boys?'. At the counter too, after withdrawing, the bankers (especially the females) will be smiling sheepishly indirectly asking for a tip. Common! Where are our values? Filling station people go beg, civil servants go beg, police go beg, NEPA people go beg. Wetin dey sup gan?

Now, teachers that are supposed to impact values into our kids have adopted this beggy beggy approach. Is there any future for this country at all?
Very scary reality..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Only Thieves Demand Money They Didn’t Work For – Education Minister, Slams ASUU / I'm In A Very Critical State Of My Life I Need Advice(reasonable One Please) / Graduate Studies In Ottawa(2) <offtopic>

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.