Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,706 members, 7,837,581 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

Choosing The Right One! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Choosing The Right One! (1109 Views)

Will / How Do You Know Your Partner Is The Right One For You? / Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Choosing The Right One! by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 03, 2011

****You MAY or MAY NOT Agree with the following Article, Different strokes for Different folks**** smiley
Before you can consider who might be right for you, you need to know yourself well. Getting to know yourself is no small task. Learn more about your strengths, weaknesses or vulnerabilities. And also the emotional needs you tend to have or need! The more you understand yourself, the better equipped you will be to find someone who will amplify your strengths rather than your weaknesses. . .
In the process of choosing a marriage partner, more than a few members of the opposite sex may catch your eye. But not just anyone will do. After all, you want someone you’ll be comfortable with—someone who truly fits your personality and your goals.
Be careful, though! You might be inclined to see only what you want to see. So take your time. Try to perceive his/her true nature. This will take effort on your part. But that’s only to be expected. Yet, many who date don’t look beyond the surface. Instead, they quickly point to the things they have in common: ‘We like the same music.’ ‘We enjoy the same activities.’ ‘We agree on everything!’. . . Look beyond superficial traits and discern the secret person of the heart. For example, rather than focus on how much you agree on things, it might be more revealing to note what happens when you disagree. In other words, how does this person handle conflict—by insisting on his or her way, perhaps giving in to “fits of anger” or “abusive speech”? Or does this person show reasonableness—a willingness to yield for the sake of peace when no issue of right or wrong is at stake?
Another factor to consider: Is the person manipulative, possessive, or jealous? Does he or she demand to know your every move? Some dating couples fight because one person can’t stand that the other hasn’t constantly ‘checked in!'. . . .That’s a bad sign. . .

Not just any size shoe will fit; similarly, not just anyone will make a good partner! smiley

http://www.thetidenewsonline.com/?p=25393
Re: Choosing The Right One! by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 03, 2011
This is a nice thread. Its as if u were addressing me. 10 different nairalanders in ma mind. M, A, P, C, B, G, T, N, Z, J. I just coded their names. Who should i go for?
Re: Choosing The Right One! by claremont(m): 7:53pm On Aug 03, 2011
I am only attracted to ladies confident enough to DISagree with me on issues, ladies who agree with lads on everything simply lack self-belief. Such ladies are of no use whatsoever!
Re: Choosing The Right One! by Mynd44: 9:27am On Aug 04, 2011
^^^
Seconded!!!!!!
Re: Choosing The Right One! by pendo89(f): 10:48am On Aug 04, 2011
@ sexkillz.Why do you always start your threads with Disclaimers!

Anyway you are quite right even though you have left out a number of solid issues.

The word Love (which claremont )believes is a delusion  angry blinds so many people they stop thinking with their brains and allow emotions to do the thinking.We realise only when its too late.

I think am crazy or extreme but I always tell people to really piss each other off without letting the other person know you are doing it intentionally to test them and see how they react to issues.

Test their anger,their patience their decision making skills,their morality,their intellect,their social economic spiritual attitudes.
Fight and see if you are both capable of agreeing without anybody's intervention. This should show you how mature the other person is when it comes to conflict management/resolution.

Just put everything to test. But guess what? we only test SEX, get our minds fried and we want to marry a girl or dude bcz of their intimate proweress undecided
As if it will put food on the table or settle disputes.
Re: Choosing The Right One! by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 04, 2011
pendo89:

@ sexkillz.Why do you always start your threads with Disclaimers!

Anyway you are quite right even though y[b]ou have left out a number of solid issues.
[/b]
The word Love (which claremont )believes is a delusion  angry blinds so many people they stop thinking with their brains and allow emotions to do the thinking.We realise only when its too late.

I think am crazy or extreme but I always tell people to really piss each other off without letting the other person know you are doing it intentionally to test them and see how they react to issues.

Test their anger,their patience their decision making skills,their morality,their intellect,their social economic spiritual attitudes.
Fight and see if you are both capable of agreeing without anybody's intervention. This should show you how mature the other person is when it comes to conflict management/resolution.

Just put everything to test. But guess what? we only test SEX, get our minds fried and we want to marry a girl or dude bcz of their intimate proweress undecided
As if it will put food on the table or settle disputes.

^^^ I agree with what you said above! Except one thing! "We only test SEX!" I dont test sex and i know "some" people dont test it too! It's just that Those who test sex are in the MAJORITY! So it makes it seem as if "EVERYONE" Tests sex! And those who test and experiment with sex are actually looking down on and insulting does who dont, calling them all sorts of names! How WRONG! It's up to us who dont test and experiment sex to prove to those on the "neutrals" that "Choosing the right one" doesnt necessarily depend on s e xu al compatibility! smiley

I start my threads with disclaimers so as to reduce the number of "Queries" i'll get for airing my views which most people see as always being in support of females! BTW they've given me a Name: FEMALE MESSIAH! smiley
I left out a number of solid issues so as not to elongate the thread and make it boring! I have more, but for a later thread! wink

Re: Choosing The Right One! by iice(f): 12:04pm On Aug 04, 2011
True words. Although has similar message with your other thread.
Anyway. . .i don't always agree with testing. . .maybe because i'm a reader.
Important thing is that people should learn to know themselves. All these confusion can be irritating.
Re: Choosing The Right One! by Dondav(m): 12:13pm On Aug 04, 2011
Well said!!!
Re: Choosing The Right One! by Jamesdman(m): 12:39pm On Aug 04, 2011
Jst thinkin. . . . . Y do Sexkillz n Upendo luv typin up long articles as replies. It kinda get borin readin tru on those long story. Y not try n be brief n concise lyk Iice? ~~jst my thinkin!
Re: Choosing The Right One! by kpolli(m): 12:41pm On Aug 04, 2011
sexkillz:

****You MAY or MAY NOT Agree with the following Article, Different strokes for Different folks**** smiley
Before you can consider who might be right for you, you need to know yourself well. Getting to know yourself is no small task. Learn more about your strengths, weaknesses or vulnerabilities. And also the emotional needs you tend to have or need! The more you understand yourself, the better equipped you will be to find someone who will amplify your strengths rather than your weaknesses. . .
In the process of choosing a marriage partner, more than a few members of the opposite sex may catch your eye. But not just anyone will do. After all, you want someone you’ll be comfortable with—someone who truly fits your personality and your goals.
Be careful, though! You might be inclined to see only what you want to see. So take your time. Try to perceive his/her true nature. This will take effort on your part. But that’s only to be expected. Yet, many who date don’t look beyond the surface. Instead, they quickly point to the things they have in common: ‘We like the same music.’ ‘We enjoy the same activities.’ ‘We agree on everything!’. . . Look beyond superficial traits and discern the secret person of the heart. For example, rather than focus on how much you agree on things, it might be more revealing to note what happens when you disagree. In other words, how does this person handle conflict—by insisting on his or her way, perhaps giving in to “fits of anger” or “abusive speech”? Or does this person show reasonableness—a willingness to yield for the sake of peace when no issue of right or wrong is at stake?
Another factor to consider: Is the person manipulative, possessive, or jealous? Does he or she demand to know your every move? Some dating couples fight because one person can’t stand that the other hasn’t constantly ‘checked in!'. . . .That’s a bad sign. . .

Not just any size shoe will fit; similarly, not just anyone will make a good partner! smiley

That doesn't solve the disagreement, often leads to further disagreement down the road
Re: Choosing The Right One! by LongOne1(m): 12:47pm On Aug 04, 2011
I fully support the ‘knowing yourself’ bit; and I also feel it’s the most important.

In the words of Tori Amos “I think you have to know who you are. Get to know the monster that lives in your soul, dive deep into your soul and explore it”.
Re: Choosing The Right One! by pendo89(f): 12:59pm On Aug 04, 2011
@ James undecided
Realise that ppl are diffrent very diffrent. Unless I do shorthand on nl.
But the answer is directed at the op you know so if he asked a question he should be willing to read blogs  grin or shorthand
variety makes nl just dont be lazy to read. grin
Re: Choosing The Right One! by Jamesdman(m): 1:30pm On Aug 04, 2011
pendo89:

just dont be lazy to read. grin
Ok Grandma, i'll try not be lazy. Lol.
Re: Choosing The Right One! by dazzle37(f): 3:24pm On Aug 04, 2011
@ poster
i agree with your article.
someone said its too long, now this is making wonder were all our reading culture disappeared to ?
now Nigerians are always looking for a short cut out of everything
Re: Choosing The Right One! by pendo89(f): 3:34pm On Aug 04, 2011
@james my grandkid, smiley

Develop a reading culture and stop loving shorthand.

I love thorough posts which capture the story very well.
Re: Choosing The Right One! by Jamesdman(m): 4:47pm On Aug 04, 2011
dazzle37:

@ poster
i agree with your article.
someone said its too long, now this is making wonder were all our reading culture disappeared to ?
now Nigerians are always looking for a short cut out of everything
@DAZZLE, Y the indirect inference n scoldin? Come clean bro, or are u scared of me? I'm not a monster, i won't eat u, if u refered to me directly. ~~LOL.
pendo89:

@james my grandkid, smiley

Develop a reading culture and stop loving shorthand.

I love thorough posts which capture the story very well.

Tnk u Grandma, i'll try. I haven't really lost my readin culture. It's jst dat some topic ain't interestin or captivatin to me. So, when i'm readin tru such topics it gets even more borin, if it is a long long article. However, if it is an interestin topic (by my rating) i wudn't mind readin tru it all, even if it's two pages long!!
Re: Choosing The Right One! by dazzle37(f): 4:57pm On Aug 04, 2011
James-dman:

@DAZZLE, Y the indirect inference n scoldin? Come clean bro, or are u scared of me? I'm not a monster, i won't eat u, if u refered to me directly. ~~LOL.
@ james, i believe its an (f) you saw in front of dazzle, i was not refering to you alone, i have seen alot of threads that people complain about being too long, so i would say i was thinking aloud. and no i am not scared of you, and even if you are a monster, FYI i was not even scared of the famous cookie monster or zelda, as a kid, so i can't be scared of you now. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Choosing The Right One! by Jamesdman(m): 5:11pm On Aug 04, 2011
~~Aww! Sowi dearie, i didn't knw u are a lady, i jst presume u are a dude. Well, datz kul. Lyk i told Grandma Upendo, i've got a healthy readin culture, bt i don't use it on tinz i find borin! BS: I luv ur username, DAZZLING BEAUTY comes to one's mind when one sees tha name! Y ain't u havin a pix on ur profile? Leavin us to contend wif our imaginations. . . . Rite?

(1) (Reply)

The Surest Way Back To Virginity Again.. / Please, How Do I Fight And Kill Jealousy In Me? / My Ex Confuses Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.