Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,884 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

By Chance . . . - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / By Chance . . . (1067 Views)

The Return of Madly In Love With A Non-human(SECOND CHANCE)SEASON 2 / The Reality Of Second Chance / A Story: To Love And To Hold: One Last Chance At Love. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

By Chance . . . by emofine(f): 8:04pm On Aug 03, 2011
Our journey started on the world wide web. One stray comment left him following my trail. He took the opportunity to flirt with me whilst I played tίt for tat and shyly teased him back.
We conversed only via mail and were attracted to each others words (of course we both were under no illusion that all this sweet talk and character flaunting was only honey to make our connection sweeter).

He urged me to reveal myself to him. I declined. He was persistent in his nagging, requesting a photo so he could piece this character he grew fond of; word to flesh, sentence to sinew.
How could I reveal myself to him I privately pondered? Not only was I afraid of the possible danger of inviting an anonymous person whom I grew attached to to enter my personal realm - I was frightened he would suddenly dismiss my disposition if my composition was not at all pleasing for him to behold.

I actually enjoyed having this fantasy etched in my mind, and now with the introduction of him in my life I had somebody to fulfill that long-awaited role of my Prince Charming. So I wanted this liaison to last and not be affected by physical interference. Instead I sketched myself in words and he proceeded to erase the parts he did not find fitting. He hoped I would not be too lean and that my behind stored all the excess weight. I let out an insecure laughter to myself as I studied myself in the mirror and considered the parts of my anatomy that would count as "faults" if he were to ever spy me. I was in fact lean in stature and with little natural padding to cushion my derrière. But maybe if I seduced him enough with my words he'll be too blind in lust to notice all my discrepancies if we were to truly meet and cement our infatuation with a kiss.

We existed only in each other's minds and so it was private - just me and him. we'll both be dancing to our rhythmic banter in our heads. We'll both be smiling when we're walking the streets and no one but us will ever know what äroused such a reaction. He was my Warrior and I was his Queen. He was my imaginary lover that rescued me from boredom and reality.

He grew weary and became a little too heavy with his demand to see a portrait of me. He threatened to terminate our liaison if I so refused and at this stage I myself was beginning to wax a little curious. I finally started to have a yearning to examine the guy I whispered "lover" to every night.

We set up a date and agreed to converse by video for the first time. I was nervous all day just thinking about it all.
Would he like what he sees?
Would he judge me in his vanity?
Would I fall below his expectations?
My thoughts were clouded with insecurity I had not even considered for a second that my concealed Prince was far from charming, and so I was a little taken aback when my eyes met his for the first time.

*to be continued*
Re: By Chance . . . by fruiteeiy(f): 4:54pm On Aug 04, 2011
more pls
Re: By Chance . . . by emofine(f): 7:35pm On Aug 06, 2011
The blackness faded and I was confronted with his countenance.
I inspected my once upon a time imaginary friend through the lens of the monitor. . .his clothes were weathered, his room gloomy. The only memory I had of him was the list in his vague description.
"Chocolate complexion"? hmm much darker I pondered. His natural body was sprayed in a coat of undiluted black coffee (no milk, one sugar wink)
His "cropped hair" hidden beneath a cap. .I wondered if he was shielding something too.
His lips "succulent" and scarlet. The red of his lips was oh so penetrating. . .
"Tall". . he gave me a demo by getting to his feet so I could get an idea of his true height, he appeared as tall as me but then his body was trapped in the monitor so my judgment was only limited.

He matched his own description more or less but failed to live up to mine. He doesn't fit the criteria I painfully pondered. Well, I had constructed my phantom prototype perfectly for a very long time and he interrupted my life for a very short time. I hadn't had enough time to tailor my liking to his composition.

My shy nature never allowed me to appreciate his mask for long. My eyes kept on darting whenever he had his sight firmly set on me, I guess I did not want him to see what was hidden in my heart.
In my heart was marked disappointment and I hoped that my eyes did not betray such thought. I was also a little fearful of him beholding me for long in case he traced the lies I spun him all this while. I wanted the fantasy to continue and so I perverted much of the truth. I failed to tell him my correct age. I even led him to believe that I was sexually superior when the reverse was the case. I was a prude if truth be told and hoped he could not sense my untouched exterior.

Only the screen of our monitors posed as a barrier between the senses of touch and smell. I continued averting my eyes, staring at other random objects consumed by shy-guilt as I was slightly underwhelmed by lover-boy's appearance. I had fallen in love with his voice and verses yet I couldn't reconcile those beautiful components with his rather plain visage.
The fantasy was pierced as the potrait that I stored of him was now proven to be false.

In my head I deleted all the earlier footage and took my time to privately study this fellow; eagerly searching for something to captivate me, something for me to love. His mannerisms, movement, apparel and image eroded my mirage. The realisation of this alternate reality I had been dwelling in suddenly hit me. Alas I have no control over my once imaginary lover. He has diffused from my mental uterus and born instead was a sullen looking male. My labour had been in vain, I silently sighed again.

He finally spoke, piercing the silence and frequency of my thoughts. He credited my long legs and my slender frame. Despite his flattery I knew he had not found me attractive either, which was a relief in a strange sort of way. Our words had been the only source of chemistry, our attraction borne out of prose. My lips were sealed, for the first time I had no words to offer him. The older our conversation got I repelled slightly the more.
I guess deep down, subconsciously despite my initial reservation I thought that our first physical encounter would cement the climax of our connection, instead I felt disturbingly deflated. I felt some of the magic evaporate.

[center]***[/center]
Re: By Chance . . . by emofine(f): 9:18pm On Aug 06, 2011
My retreat lasted only a day as I grew a fresh yearning for him again. I wanted us to speak suddenly. I had fallen in love with his voice and did not want to be cut of from its supply. I guess it was he and not me that cast the spell in the end.

I encouraged myself to reconcile with his countenance. . .this trajectory was all too familiar.

It was akin to the moment when in my moment of lonesome weakness I lapsed and donated my number to him via mail. He called and I was too nervous to speak. His voice was intimidating and mischievous; it enveloped my thoughts.  He bellowed "Hello". It took me a while to compose myself and when I finally greeted him he was taken aback by my soft London accent. He told me I sounded "sexy". I told him he must be "crazy", privately immersing myself in his compliment. With each phone call I was leaning towards his voice, basking in his deep, unrefined, sexy New York accent. It was foreign to me but I eventually felt safe each time his exotic voice echoed in my ear. His voice-box was another Pandora, he had levels too; he could really turn me on with his urging utterances. Sometimes he seductively dragged his drawl, other times he whispered or simply breathed - all done for effect in order for me to melt in his oscillating ranges. Via his voice he caressed my body and breathed his own breath of sinful life into the gaping of my mouth.

Oh how I ached and longed to hear his voice again. .

I reasoned with myself that if I could bond with his words, eventually fall in love with his voice then surely soon I will appreciate his austere surface.

As I repented from my vanity and finally embraced the package of my Prince he did the reverse and grew detached. Our liaison was supposed to be evolving instead our connection was fading. Our dialogue digressed back to mail and even then he was slow to answer. Initially I refused to accept the inevitable outcome but later briefly resigned myself from this parallel reality.
He promised that he'll call me but days passed yet the silence grew deafening.
Hmm he has finally forgotten me at last, I wondered. The pain of what I prematurely perceived as a subtle rejection interfered with my sense as I grew paranoid. I searched for several ways to vent my growing anger. Still trapped in my moody spirit I haunted the website where we first met and spied some foul words directed at my bruised nation. Inspired by wrath I spat out a fiery venom setting ablaze the country he shared with those abusers. In secret, despite my reflex reaction I hoped that such obscene words will finally draw his attention. My hope was realised and he read the unkind words I poured in disbelief and admonished me for my rebuke. As stubborn as I was, I broke my resolve to never make the first move in order to portray how sorry I was. On the surface he appeared to forgive me but his hollow words betrayed otherwise. In the following week the last phone call I would ever make to him (unbeknownst to me) he carried on in an insensitive tone. He discounted my being from my present to my prospects. I thought maybe I needed to undergo this humiliating exercise to purge me from my guilty conscience.

I requested we set up another video chat believing he will soften once he saw me another time. He obliged hoping that I'll be clad in something rather inappropriate. At this time I was too exhausted and so purposely chose not to submit to his request. I was desperate to talk but as soon as I saw him again, I wanted to exit.
I felt disconnected from him as he misconstrued all my signals. He mistook the disgust in my eyes as s[b]e[/b]xu[b]a[/b]l hunger, and my questions as subtle f[b]o[/b]repl[b]a[/b]y. I finally locked eyes with him for what would be the final time (this time it was known to me). My heart began to minister to me that I am not his kind despite my obvious fictional character role I had beguiled him with. He does not care for me at all I reasoned. He does not even know me at all I remembered - my internal identity remained a secret to him. I was not so generous as to share everything with him. So why did it affect me so much that he did not have feelings for me after all? ah the vanity of being desired I thought. I am not who I presented to this guy, and he is not who I pictured in my mind. We both were prolonging the inevitable outcome. . .

He surely would forget me first as my character was only an illusion, I would forget him last because he was a figment of my imagination imperfectly re-incarnated. My stray comment had invited a distant stranger however through my undercover guise, one thing I learnt is that I can never again become a victim of lust. . . . cry

[center]***[/center]
Re: By Chance . . . by tundysho(m): 6:52pm On Aug 20, 2011
Re: By Chance . . . by 1lisababe: 8:35pm On Dec 06, 2011
hi ,
can you help me to translate yoruba please,

i would like to know what these mean:

elolomo

o se aburo mi, gele o dun bi ka mon we, ka mon we ko to ko ye ni! oyinbo to se aso o se fitting mon. arewa lomo la tile

eti dun ju

mi niyen

olomoge

gbasky

omo o wa pa

awa niyen o,

lo sempe

awaon mama ti binu, won la won oni sempe

i sempeless o, nau its eyin mama ewa sunmobi ki awon baby lo sempe

sempe ke? iya jus begun ooo

omo tekun babi ekun loma jo

i would really appreciate this translation.
Re: By Chance . . . by collinsfbi(m): 9:48am On Dec 07, 2011
Bonjour! poster

J’ai l’impression que vous parlez française,vous écrivez super bien,peut-on se communiquer?
Je suis nigerian,et vous?

Meaning:

Hello! poster
I have the impression that you speak French, you write super good, can we communicate?
I am Nigerian, and you?

@tundysho
ce qui te donne l'impression que l'affiche parle français?

@emofine
Nice work, your short story is fantastic

Gbammmm over and out
Re: By Chance . . . by emofine(f): 1:39pm On Dec 07, 2011
tundysho:

Bonjour! poster

J’ai l’impression que vous parlez française,vous écrivez super bien,peut-on se communiquer?
Je suis nigerian,et vous?

Salut

Désolé pour mon r[i]e[/i]t[i]a[/i]rd de réponse mais merci pour vos aimables paroles.

Je suis également Nigérian.

collinsfbi:

@emofine
Nice work, your short story is fantastic

Gbammmm over and out

I completely forgot about this narrative but thanks all the same smiley

1lisababe:

hi , 
can you help me to translate yoruba please
i would really appreciate this translation.

If you are seeking for translations I believe you are more likely to find answers in the culture section.
Re: By Chance . . . by collinsfbi(m): 2:09pm On Dec 07, 2011
I completely forgot about this narrative but thanks all the same

U r wlcm

Gbammm over and out

(1) (Reply)

6 Nigerian Writers Make Long List For 2013 KWANI? Prize / What Does Dragastic Means And How Do I Use It / My Boss Ex Wife (part 1&2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.