Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax (26710 Views)

Call, Data Costs May Rise As NCC Revises Telcos’ Spectrum Price / Ibrahim Pantami Seeks Reduction In Call, Data Tariff / Telecom Operators Demand 100% Increase In Call, Data Tariffs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by lexy2014: 8:57pm On Aug 08, 2022
Islie:
Call and data tariffs may increase by as much as 100 per cent if plan by the federal government to hike consumption tax on...

https://dailytrust.com/call-data-costs-to-double-as-fg-invokes-new-telecom-tax
Mr. Subsidywise18, am sure govt is moving in the right direction
Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by sukkot: 8:58pm On Aug 08, 2022
Kentuforchrist:
If Apc wins
Nigeria will be the most useless nations with her deluded citizen

I will try all means to leave this country

And God will punish everyone who vote for apc next year

Quote me and die by fire
na sapa dey worry you. apc is still the best choice

Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by Brushstrokes20: 8:59pm On Aug 08, 2022
If the lifeless animal and cohorts have their way,
Nigerians will PAY PER SECONDS FOR THE AIR THEY BREATHE undecided
Eleribu govt of SELF SERVING THIEVES AND BLOODTHIRSTY TERRORISTS undecided
Una Cup go soon full!

1 Like

Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by InvertedHammer: 8:59pm On Aug 08, 2022
/
Post covid lockdown,

Rich countries give palliatives and tax incentives.

Nigeria gives high tariffs and high taxes .

I am betting to see how much pressure Nigerians can take before they bend like Tinubu. grin grin

/

3 Likes

Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by Nobody: 9:01pm On Aug 08, 2022
All I have to say is, there's is God in everything we do. The fact that things have become more expensive shouldn't be an avenue to exploit your fellow Nigerians.
It's a vicious cycle. One way all the other,we are all consumers.
Oh you Okada riders, tricycle riders and Taxi drivers that increased the T-fare heavily because of increase in Petrol price, it's a vicious cycle. There's no gain in what you do cos you will still use that money to buy expensive food products whose price increased as a result of transportation costs and other factors. I could go on to mention other things but I believe y'all got my point.
We are all in this together
No one is exempted
Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by Splitmind: 9:16pm On Aug 08, 2022
Bad news for enemies of Nigeria
Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by Quodseverismete: 9:27pm On Aug 08, 2022
Was Mama Peace was a Prophet when she said in 2015 and I quote "by the time Buhari and APC is done with Nigerians even changi no go remain for Nigerians pockets"-

1 Like

Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by RulerIAm(m): 9:29pm On Aug 08, 2022
Unzerious:
I must collect my Election Dues in 2023, to cushion all this Taxes.

If you like sell your Vote or not, who go Win.......go Win!
you are a mumuman
Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by casualobserver: 9:39pm On Aug 08, 2022
how does 5% vat translate to 100% increase if not that telcos are opportunistic rogues!!!!
Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by Nobody: 10:05pm On Aug 08, 2022
The Zoo on her own is falling! Nothing concerns Mazi!

1 Like

Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by snoopz: 10:11pm On Aug 08, 2022
This govt is evil, they won't feel anything since they're already in power with stupid allowances to cover all these hikes the common man can't do without.
Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by Corto: 10:26pm On Aug 08, 2022
Islie:
Call and data tariffs may increase by as much as 100 per cent if plan by the federal government to hike consumption tax on...

We warned all these depraved animalistic fools to stop borrowing money they refused to listen

The coming inferno will consume all of them next year, mark my words.

1 Like

Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by GoodIsGod: 10:28pm On Aug 08, 2022
By the time Buhari finishes dealing with us no Nigerian will ever forget him . Ever!

1 Like

Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by Corto: 10:28pm On Aug 08, 2022
snoopz:
This govt is evil, they won't feel anything since they're already in power with stupid allowances to cover all these hikes the common man can't do without.

Nigerians will burn all of them alive, you just keep watching

Na season film
Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by Bennycollins: 10:55pm On Aug 08, 2022
seborrhic:
Though it's wrong,but how can 5% tariff translate to 100% increase in call and data cost?
This is the same mindset transporters in Nigeria use.
Fuel price goes up by ₦10 or ₦20,they automatically increase transport fares by ₦100-₦200,not minding they carry 10-50 passengers per bus.
That one is good, in my state,Transporters increase by 1k for ever 10naira increase in price per litre
Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by jaxxy(m): 11:14pm On Aug 08, 2022
correctyourself:
To increase tax would be easy for them, but to deal with security issues would be difficult.

They increase tax then use the money for what?? To do dumb things like feed 20,000 unidentifiable poor people with no transparency or accountability.

This is besides the fact it is a redundant project that can neither eradicate poverty or improve the people's lives at all especially in a sustainable manner.

This government is a disgrace.
Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by Arysexy(m): 11:20pm On Aug 08, 2022
Kuku kee us finish, useless and irresponsible APC govt.

Anyways Urchins will now allow us rest. Most of them can't even survive on their 30k per month salary
Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by Abdogood(m): 11:32pm On Aug 08, 2022
You are all free to vote weed agbado and cassava in 2023. Una never see anything.

1 Like

Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by tishbite42: 11:37pm On Aug 08, 2022
Quodseverismete:
Was Mama Peace was a Prophet when she said in 2015 and I quote "by the time Buhari and APC is done with Nigerians even changi no go remain for Nigerians pockets"-
The woman really talk am

1 Like

Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by NessFortunate: 11:41pm On Aug 08, 2022
Islie:

what kind of expensive reckless joke is this? Na small thing dey vex me. Mrs Zainab and co be guided okay.
Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by newdawn2017(f): 11:46pm On Aug 08, 2022
Psychokinetic:

Lol… BATstards must get sense by fire by force grin
including obituary Pandoras & athiefkulateds shocked cry but their is hope for Nigerians as Sowore has come.Sowore d nightmare of d 3 wicked, dubious & heartless criminals who think Nigeria & it's resources belongs to them & there households alone. [url]#enoughisenough[/url] Nigeria & it's resources belong to me & my children too, it's my ancestral lands hence on d mandate of Sowore I stand gidiba! Power belongs to d person, not to a group of persons & their associates. Nigerian do not follow d band wagon effect, open ur eyes, let d fog lift obi atiku, & tinubu does not care for any Nigerian other than themselves & immediate households. Then their causes agenda. Sowore has none. Sowore is the liberation for Nigeria come 2023. Go to @yelesho on ig to listen to him & grasp where he is coming to us from pls, no godfather, no cabals. Loyalty is to only Nigerian citizens. He schooled here, his business is Sahara reporters. An open book sowore is. Don't vote tribal sentiments come 2023. Pls my brothers, I am for rivers State myself, I stand with sowore for d people.

[url]#SoworeForPresident2023[/url]
[url]#WeCantContinueLikeThis[/url]
[url]#aacparty[/url]
Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by newdawn2017(f): 11:49pm On Aug 08, 2022
ZombieTAMER:
undecided undecided

Why can't they triple the cost

God punish evil APc

God punish Tinubu

God punish all the supporters of evil
including obituary Pandora & his Lp ipobian agenda. [url]#SoworeForPresident2023[/url] the only way, our redeemer.
Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by newdawn2017(f): 11:51pm On Aug 08, 2022
Kenneth10110:
The worst Government the country has ever produced. This is why every Nigerian needs to be obedient coming 2023 even the supporters of this present Government has no choice because together we must avoid suffering pro max coming 2023 unless you are evil. OBIDIENT 2023...
say no to obituary Pandora, dubiousness & godfatherism. [url]#SoworeForPresident2023[/url] on his mandate I stand. Sowore d nightmare of d 3 wicked, dubious & heartless criminals who think Nigeria & it's resources belongs to them & there households alone. [url]#enoughisenough[/url] Nigeria & it's resources belong to me & my children too, it's my ancestral lands hence on d mandate of Sowore I stand gidiba! Power belongs to d person, not to a group of persons & their associates. Nigerian do not follow d band wagon effect, open ur eyes, let d fog lift obi atiku, & tinubu does not care for any Nigerian other than themselves & immediate households. Then their causes agenda. Sowore has none. Sowore is the liberation for Nigeria come 2023. Go to @yelesho on ig to listen to him & grasp where he is coming to us from pls, no godfather, no cabals. Loyalty is to only Nigerian citizens. He schooled here, his business is Sahara reporters. An open book sowore is. Don't vote tribal sentiments come 2023. Pls my brothers, I am for rivers State myself, I stand with sowore for d people.

[url]#SoworeForPresident2023[/url]
[url]#WeCantContinueLikeThis[/url]
[url]#aacparty[/url]
Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by newdawn2017(f): 11:57pm On Aug 08, 2022
jabberjawz:
And the stupid, senseless, useless, wicked & evil fellow will use all the accrued monies from the taxes to gift luxury cars to his brothers in niger.....
guys re not ready. No oppressor hands over freedom to his victims unless it's demand by them & taken by force. The price of freedom, is a weighty sacrifice. Yest it involves d ultimate sacrifice death! Ask black Americans as South Africans, yes including rwanda here & Ghana.
Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by newdawn2017(f): 12:02am On Aug 09, 2022
Temptee101:

Lol

How many hours will your so called dues last?

You have a conquered and defeated mindset

Vote for Peter Obi for good governance
yeah like in Anambra state continue to follow d band wagon effect ok?? Don't ope ur ur & see Sowore
Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by blaise26abj(m): 12:25am On Aug 09, 2022
seborrhic:
Though it's wrong,but how can 5% tariff translate to 100% increase in call and data cost?
This is the same mindset transporters in Nigeria use.
Fuel price goes up by ₦10 or ₦20,they automatically increase transport fares by ₦100-₦200,not minding they carry 10-50 passengers per bus.

Okay let me explain . 20 naira increase in fuel results in corresponding increase in EVERYThING . From the food you eat , to cloths , to shoes, to school fees , to rent . To take care of all these increases , your business will also have to increase your fees . Those increments are usually not 20 naira but multiples of it .
Increased Tariffs means increase in the value chain as well as tax payable to government . Shareholders must keep making money so they must find a way to at least keep making the same profit or more . After all the government will take the blame .

1 Like

Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by AuwalYusuf812(m): 12:32am On Aug 09, 2022
I have never see a government being so useless like dis bubu administration, bubu will reep what he soul

1 Like

Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by AlphaStyles(m): 12:42am On Aug 09, 2022
THIS ONE DON PASS THE 7 PLAGUES OF EGYPT O

2 Likes

Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by Elidrisy20: 1:38am On Aug 09, 2022
No to drop sim remind
Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by jimcaddy(m): 1:46am On Aug 09, 2022
I have never seen a government as stupid as this APC led federal government. Buhari should just leave. His tenure had been a total disaster. You are saying people should not steal. You are saying there is high rate of kidnapping, stealing, robbery, banditry,yet you are increasing hardship on your citizens. Minimum wage is static, salaries are not increasing, rather they are going down. Many companies can't even break even. Many are finding it hard to get by. Yet all this useless government thinks of is to increase tax just because the stupid oil money is not coming in like before and the government is spending so much on recurrent expenditure which is skyrocketing on a yearly basis. Few capital projects, but many recurrennt expenditure. The Nigerian government is living way beyond its means of income. Instead of the government to cut costs like the Buhari led Apc government promised before they got into power, they refused to do that. Now any little thing, you impose tax. As if the tax already imposed is not high enough, you impose more tax because you're looking for more money. We have natural resources other than oil that God has given us in abundance. But we are so lazy in Nigeria. We have a very lazy government and and lazy government workers who only want to be collecting salaries and live flamboyant lifestyles at the detriment of the common citizen. Yet the APC still blames the PDP for this mess even after almost eight years. Now they still want to cling on to power after failing Nigerians. But guess what, Nigerians have coconut heads. We will keep making the same mistakes and still expecting a different result. We deserve our leaders and deserve what we are getting. Nothing will ever change as long as we keep doing the same thing all over and over again.
Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by Cognitivereason: 3:30am On Aug 09, 2022
lexy2014:
Mr. Subsidywise18, am sure govt is moving in the right direction
it not in the wrong direction either...if that is what is needed to generate more revenue to service debts, subsidies etc...
assuming you were not cynical... why will 5% charges on airtime and data push operators to double their prices instead of only increasing it by 5% only...that should be your concern instead of the taxes..

you think we will ever get better if we continue to depend on Oil revenues only..even Obi knows this and his being cunny about it..if the country should get any better...fuel subsidies will have to end..we should begin to begin to see toll plazas for better roads..power sector will have to be deregulated so that those who bought part of the sector will see their profit and be willing to invest in it...

when VAT was increased from 5% to 7.5%.. services from banking,utilities like electricity etc..only increased by an extra 2.5%..how can we have gdp of $410bn+ and only 6% tax to gdp ratio...mention one developed or developing country you will find such..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ / Free Blackberry Unlocker. Stop Begging For Code. Do It Urself / LG Set To Unleash It’s Rollable OLED TV In 2019 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.