Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,461 members, 7,819,681 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax (26698 Views)

Call, Data Costs May Rise As NCC Revises Telcos’ Spectrum Price / Ibrahim Pantami Seeks Reduction In Call, Data Tariff / Telecom Operators Demand 100% Increase In Call, Data Tariffs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by lexy2014: 3:42am On Aug 09, 2022
Cognitivereason:

it not in the wrong direction either...if that is what is needed to generate more revenue to service debts, subsidies etc...
assuming you were not cynical... why will 5% charges on airtime and data push operators to double their prices instead of only increasing it by 5% only...that should be your concern instead of the taxes..

you think we will ever get better if we continue to depend on Oil revenues only..even Obi knows this and his being cunny about it..if the country should get any better...fuel subsidies will have to end..we should begin to begin to see toll plazas for better roads..power sector will have to be deregulated so that those who bought part of the sector will see their profit and be willing to invest in it...

when VAT was increased from 5% to 7.5%.. services from banking,utilities like electricity etc..only increased by an extra 2.5%..how can we have gdp of $410bn+ and only 6% tax to gdp ratio...mention one developed or developing country you will find such..

What is my business with obi?

Did I say it is in the wrong direction? This was comment..."am sure govt is moving in the right direction". How is all your grammar different from my comment?

Who does more taxes serve? Can you tell me what have been achieved with all the taxes that Nigerians have been paying thus far?

Why should taxes not be my concern? Are you the one going to pay the tax for me?

How have the oil revenue been used so far? Since you ask "...you think we will ever get better if we continue to depend on Oil revenues only?" Whose fault is it that nigeria isn't getting better? Is it depending on oil revenue that isn't making nigeria get better?
Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by Cognitivereason: 3:44am On Aug 09, 2022
jimcaddy:
I have never seen a government as stupid as this APC led federal government. Buhari should just leave. His tenure had been a total disaster. You are saying people should not steal. You are saying there is high rate of kidnapping, stealing, robbery, banditry,yet you are increasing hardship on your citizens. Minimum wage is static, salaries are not increasing, rather they are going down. Many companies can't even break even. Many are finding it hard to get by. Yet all this useless government thinks of is to increase tax just because the stupid oil money is not coming in like before and the government is spending so much on recurrent expenditure which is skyrocketing on a yearly basis. Few capital projects, but many recurrennt expenditure. The Nigerian government is living way beyond its means of income. Instead of the government to cut costs like the Buhari led Apc government promised before they got into power, they refused to do that. Now any little thing, you impose tax. As if the tax already imposed is not high enough, you impose more tax because you're looking for more money. We have natural resources other than oil that God has given us in abundance. But we are so lazy in Nigeria. We have a very lazy government and and lazy government workers who only want to be collecting salaries and live flamboyant lifestyles at the detriment of the common citizen. Yet the APC still blames the PDP for this mess even after almost eight years. Now they still want to cling on to power after failing Nigerians. But guess what, Nigerians have coconut heads. We will keep making the same mistakes and still expecting a different result. We deserve our leaders and deserve what we are getting. Nothing will ever change as long as we keep doing the same thing all over and over again.

first of all...let be honest this government has more capital projects than the entire 16 years of presidents who ruled under the opposition..you cannot deny that fact..otherwise mention one project you can remeber obasanjo for ,GEJ or even yar adua...but there are projects that no matter how you anyone hates Buhari...he/she will will always know he is responsible for

there is no realistic way of cutting government expenditure to save something significant...except you want to cut the salaries of federal government workers(from the military,para military to all civil servant)...and cut from the insufficient cost of delivery some services to the country....the only thing you want government to do is to cut from their own salaries especially that of the national assembly because it is only their salaries and allowances that are unjustifiable compared to the presidents...

this year NASS budgeted N134bn...if that money is reduced by half(which is impossible because no senator will approve it)...N62bn isnt what is sufficient to match growth and development...plus you should know that the reduction is more in the hands of NASS than in the president

some of you dont know that the development of the country doesnt rest in the hands of buhari alone...states, LGA has shares in it..

even if Peter Obi wins...he cant push this country faf if he was to depend currently on what Nigeria earns as a country..otherwise he will end up borrowing loans
Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by lexy2014: 3:55am On Aug 09, 2022
Cognitivereason:

first of all...let be honest this government has more capital projects than the entire 16 years of presidents who ruled under the opposition..

How did you arrive at this conclusion?
Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by FireUpNow(m): 4:28am On Aug 09, 2022
See what that devilish drug baron Tinubu did by implanting the lifeless one as president is coating is? Come next general election some very foolish ones will also vote for that wicked and sickening and frail greedy man called Tinubu for a token. I just pity what Nigeria will look like come 2023-2027
Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by luluosas(m): 5:21am On Aug 09, 2022
Call centre coming up again. May God help us Nigerians to overcome this nightmare of a government
Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by luluosas(m): 5:27am On Aug 09, 2022
Benin Bypass started and commissioned by the Obasanjo administration for 2BN. All through from Benin - Lagos Road to Benin - Sapele Road, with 4 flyovers. At least, my memory is still intact here. Thank you.

Cognitivereason:

first of all...let be honest this government has more capital projects than the entire 16 years of presidents who ruled under the opposition..you cannot deny that fact..otherwise mention one project you can remeber obasanjo for ,GEJ or even yar adua...but there are projects that no matter how you anyone hates Buhari...he/she will will always know he is responsible for

there is no realistic way of cutting government expenditure to save something significant...except you want to cut the salaries of federal government workers(from the military,para military to all civil servant)...and cut from the insufficient cost of delivery some services to the country....the only thing you want government to do is to cut from their own salaries especially that of the national assembly because it is only their salaries and allowances that are unjustifiable compared to the presidents...

this year NASS budgeted N134bn...if that money is reduced by half(which is impossible because no senator will approve it)...N62bn isnt what is sufficient to match growth and development...plus you should know that the reduction is more in the hands of NASS than in the president

some of you dont know that the development of the country doesnt rest in the hands of buhari alone...states, LGA has shares in it..

even if Peter Obi wins...he cant push this country faf if he was to depend currently on what Nigeria earns as a country..otherwise he will end up borrowing loans
Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by ufotunang: 5:27am On Aug 09, 2022
That is what Buhari and APC knows how to do best...to add more hardship and suffering to Nigerians
Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by ufotunang: 5:28am On Aug 09, 2022
What do you expect when you vote an old man to be your president
Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by ufotunang: 5:39am On Aug 09, 2022
That minister of finance is the worst minister of finance Nigeria as ever have...all her economic policies is to add more hardship and suffering to Nigerians....does not recommend or bring economics policies that will reduce the hardship of Nigerians and better the life's of Nigerians...I wonder the school she attended...whether it's night school she went to

1 Like

Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by bayelsaowei(m): 5:50am On Aug 09, 2022
correctyourself:
To increase tax would be easy for them, but to deal with security issues would be difficult.
or drastically reducing the cost of governance..
Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by Blackdisciple(m): 8:32am On Aug 09, 2022
That's all they do inflicting pains on the citizens vote for dreaded APC and your kids stands to suffer for it...

1 Like

Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by Dwightventures(m): 8:55am On Aug 09, 2022
seborrhic:
Though it's wrong,but how can 5% tariff translate to 100% increase in call and data cost?
This is the same mindset transporters in Nigeria use.
Fuel price goes up by ₦10 or ₦20,they automatically increase transport fares by ₦100-₦200,not minding they carry 10-50 passengers per bus.

Never forget this: the Nigerian mind is black, and they're in constant search for a reason to show it. I'm not welcome anywhere in this country because I know this fact, smd I've known it 3 decades now. Government is bad because it is manned by Nigerians.

I've tried my best not to comment on this country (which has been my life for 30 years, and I've paid a heavy price for it) but I keep slipping

Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by Cognitivereason: 9:38am On Aug 09, 2022
luluosas:
Benin Bypass started and commissioned by the Obasanjo administration for 2BN. All through from Benin - Lagos Road to Benin - Sapele Road, with 4 flyovers. At least, my memory is still intact here. Thank you.

lol..so that is all a whole OBJ can do..even the federal road that leads to obasanjo's farm in ota and his home is under construction by this same administration

then what about yar adua and GEJ combined they also spent 8 years in office.. the only road they built is the enugu- bamenda highway which they didnt even complete...and the enugu-onitsha highway which they did not even 50%of the total length..anambra state government built some parts including the iconic flyovers...

buhari started and completed the lagos ibadan railline (over N600 billion /$1.6bn) and extended it to the apapa port which is still ongoing..
the Lagos - ibadan expressway that obasanjo claimed he built and GEJ claimed he is building(N300bn+) apapa - oworonshoki-ojota (10 lane concrete highway for N97 billion), 2nd niger bridge that GEJ started on paper(N414 billion naira), 2nd ikom bridge(N9 billion), bodo-bonny bridge (N120 billion)..ikorodu-sagamu (N30 billion).. 376km abuja-kaduna-kano highway(N779 billion naira), 222km abuja-keffi-akwanga-lafia-makurdi expressway with the rehabilitation of the benue river bridge, porthacourt-aba(10 lanes),lagos abeokuta highway ...
there is no administration that has invested this much into infrastructural projects compared to Buhari..the only administration that comes close that of ibrahim babangida and Abacha...

funny enough some of these projects have been commissioned..most are over 80% completion and will be commissioned before his tenure...the only project that can never be completed within this administration's tenure is kaduna -kano railline, lagos-abeokuta and abuja-kaduna-kano highway
Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by Cognitivereason: 9:44am On Aug 09, 2022
lexy2014:

How did you arrive at this conclusion?
you asked such question because you doubt it..

in infrastructural projects ..Buhari outclass any administration between 1999 and 2015..the only administration that comes close is that of Ibrahim babangida and Abacha..

if want an argument (which you want)

mention all the flagship projects done by OBJ, yar adua and GEJ...then I will mention all the projects completed and will be completed under Bubu's tenure
Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by ZombieTAMER: 10:33am On Aug 09, 2022
newdawn2017:
including obituary Pandora & his Lp ipobian agenda. [url]#SoworeForPresident2023[/url] the only way, our redeemer.

Labour is yet to rule this country..

secondly, who is Sowore, who's his running mate
Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by lexy2014: 10:48am On Aug 09, 2022
Cognitivereason:

you asked such question because you doubt it..

in infrastructural projects ..Buhari outclass any administration between 1999 and 2015..the only administration that comes close is that of Ibrahim babangida and Abacha..

if want an argument (which you want)

mention all the flagship projects done by OBJ, yar adua and GEJ...then I will mention all the projects completed and will be completed under Bubu's tenure

I didn't ask you the "what". I asked you the "how". Moreso, I didn't make any claim. You are the one who made a claim. So based on your claim that "this government has more capital projects than the entire 16 years of presidents who ruled under the opposition", kindly tell us how you arrived at your conclusion
Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by esemosi(f): 11:04am On Aug 09, 2022
The best solution for the Nigeria economy situation is to begin to earn in dollars by just carrying out simple daily task. Kindly follow my link to learn more.
Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by esemosi(f): 11:04am On Aug 09, 2022
Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by newdawn2017(f): 11:49am On Aug 09, 2022
ZombieTAMER:

Labour is yet to rule this country..

secondly, who is Sowore, who's his running mate
Sowore #aacparty presidential candidate, an activist, d owner of Sahara reporters, he is d one who went to fed house of reps with his legal team to squash d social media bill aimed at gaging Nigerians. [url]#Revolutionno[/url] converner, his running mate is lawyer Haruna from d northern Nigeria. Nigeria's healer
Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by PharmacyStore: 12:38pm On Aug 09, 2022
More hardship for the citizenry
Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by Mykaelz001(m): 1:13pm On Aug 09, 2022
It's well
Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by jimcaddy(m): 11:42pm On Aug 09, 2022
So what do you suggest is the way forward. Because these same governors have come out with some recommendations they proposed to the National assembly to try and cut costs. The Nigerian politics is too attractive, that is why we have riffrafs in government. Too much money we don't even have, we are spending. I'm just so tired honestly.
Cognitivereason:

Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by maasoap(m): 2:24pm On Aug 10, 2022
lexy2014:

....you guys shouldn't worry. As supporters of buhari/osinbajo/Tinubu and APC, this tax won't affect you. You can go about your daily business without any fear
Why the cry over little things like this? I don't know any country that doesn't tax.
Re: Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax by lexy2014: 2:32pm On Aug 10, 2022
maasoap:

Why the cry over little things like this? I don't know any country that doesn't tax.

What's the correlation between your comment and the one you responded to...

"you guys shouldn't worry. As supporters of buhari/osinbajo/Tinubu and APC, this tax won't affect you. You can go about your daily business without any fear"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

LG Set To Unleash It’s Rollable OLED TV In 2019 (Photos) / Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ / Free Blackberry Unlocker. Stop Begging For Code. Do It Urself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.