Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,266 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:44 AM

10 Reasons Why Someone Might Be Suicidal - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Reasons Why Someone Might Be Suicidal (335 Views)

Suicidal 67-Year-Old Man Jumped Into Kwara River, Rescued By Sympathizers (Photo / Omohtee Speaks After Botched Cosmetic Surgery Left Her Suicidal / Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Reasons Why Someone Might Be Suicidal by drsdiwan(m): 6:16am On Aug 09, 2022
Suicide is the act of deliberately taking one’s own life. Suicide is not just an individual thing; it affects everyone around the suicidal person.
If you feel like ending your life, the reasons behind it might vary from person to person. Sometimes it is because of some personal issues and sometimes it is because of some external reasons.

1. Depression

Depression is a serious illness which often affects the mind and makes a person feel low. The symptoms of depression include feeling sad, anxious, hopeless, irritable, lonely, and having no pleasure or interest in usual activities.

2. Drugs and Alcohol Addiction

Addiction to drugs and alcohol is a major reason for suicide. People who use drugs and alcohol have higher chances of committing suicide.

3. Physical Illness

Physical illness is another reason for people to end their lives. A person who is suffering from a physical illness like cancer, AIDS, multiple sclerosis, and epilepsy etc. has higher chances of committing suicide.

4. Family Problems

Family problems like domestic violence, drug abuse, mental illness, and death of parents etc. also play a role in suicide.

5. Loneliness

Loneliness is the cause of a lot of suicides. Many people commit suicide due to loneliness, says Dr. Sanjeet Diwan, a psychiatrist from Bhopal.

6. Bullying

Bullying is a common cause of suicide. Bullies harass their victims and then the victims end up committing suicide.

7. Financial Problems

Financial problems like debts, credit card, and loss of job etc. are the reasons why people end their lives.

8. Abuse

Abuse by parents, spouse, and friends etc. can lead to suicide.

9. Sexual Abuse

Sexual abuse is a major reason for suicide. A person who has been sexually abused may try to commit suicide.

10. Severe Injury

Severe injury is one of the major reasons for people to end their lives.

Conclusion:

I hope you enjoyed reading this article about “10 Reasons Why Someone Might Be Suicidal”. If you want to know the other important [b]reasons behind suicide [/b]then you can read this article.

Re: 10 Reasons Why Someone Might Be Suicidal by care4you: 6:21am On Aug 09, 2022
But sometimes suicide is the best option!

Suicide is underrated! It has solved many problems and will still solve more!...

Re: 10 Reasons Why Someone Might Be Suicidal by Gbadespet(m): 6:28am On Aug 09, 2022
care4you:

Suicide is underrated! It has solved many problems and will still solve more!...

Hmmmm
Re: 10 Reasons Why Someone Might Be Suicidal by Epositive(m): 6:32am On Aug 09, 2022
care4you:

Suicide is at its infancy stage that will continue to grow. It's the best antidote to painful reality.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Someone Might Be Suicidal by justicechichex: 6:44am On Aug 09, 2022
Suicide is definitely not the best option no matter how bad it is. That's like rejecting the gift the giver of life and evry good thing has given us.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Someone Might Be Suicidal by care4you: 6:45am On Aug 09, 2022
Epositive:

Suicide is at its infancy stage that will continue to grow. It's the best antidote to painful reality.

Yeah! great minds think alike...

Beautiful morning to you!

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Adjust My Sleep If I Am A Person Of Age? / What Can I Do To Ulcer / Christianity Dey Vex Atheists To The Core

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.