Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,958 members, 7,828,390 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Slavery- Nigerians Assigning Foreign Names To Their Children - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Slavery- Nigerians Assigning Foreign Names To Their Children (325 Views)

Fake DNA Test Results Paperwork! They Assigning Fake Kids To Fake Fathers! / Okenegoro: Sex Slavery In Cross River State (money Wives) Public Eye Episode 5 / Why Do Nigerians Like To Give Their Children Foreign Names. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Slavery- Nigerians Assigning Foreign Names To Their Children by Sevenworldpower(m): 7:21am On Aug 09, 2022
Yoruba man A- Adeyemi Eniola Ayinde
Yoruba man B- Abdulahi Musa Yusuf
Yoruba man C- David Joseph Joy
Slavery starts from giving your children foreign names. In South South, South East , Benue States, many parents assign foreign names to their children. Among muslms in the north and SW, Arabic names are commonly assigned to children.
During colonial era, slaves were given new names by their masters . In modern era, we choose to enslave ourselves .
In the future I see many Nigerians assigning Chinese and other foreign names to their children.
Name is not language though both are aspects of culture. Nothing wrong in learning many languages. It gives you some advantages in multicultural world.

1 Like

Re: Slavery- Nigerians Assigning Foreign Names To Their Children by duduade: 7:22am On Aug 09, 2022
Who cares abeg
Re: Slavery- Nigerians Assigning Foreign Names To Their Children by ThrownBack: 7:22am On Aug 09, 2022
Doesn't matter.

Slavery is when you know that a particular presidential candidate will mess the country up and you still support and vote them to keep you in perpetual servitude and poverty just because he's from your tribe or religion.

That's the real Slavery.

4 Likes

Re: Slavery- Nigerians Assigning Foreign Names To Their Children by GOFRONT(m): 7:23am On Aug 09, 2022
These new generation mummy and daddy do not care about that one....Infact, new generation mum and dad do not speak local dialect to their kids in the house.

But make we no lie to our self........the ways of the whitemen is still beyter than the black ways.
Re: Slavery- Nigerians Assigning Foreign Names To Their Children by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:23am On Aug 09, 2022
What's your name?
Re: Slavery- Nigerians Assigning Foreign Names To Their Children by Sevenworldpower(m): 7:24am On Aug 09, 2022
AlfaSeltzer:
What's your name?

Alfa!! I understand your pain.

1 Like

Re: Slavery- Nigerians Assigning Foreign Names To Their Children by Nobody: 7:25am On Aug 09, 2022
Upgrading now grin
Re: Slavery- Nigerians Assigning Foreign Names To Their Children by Sevenworldpower(m): 7:26am On Aug 09, 2022
If you want to subjugate a people, ensure they loose their identity. Assign them new names. Force them to learn new languages. History.

1 Like

Re: Slavery- Nigerians Assigning Foreign Names To Their Children by iSense247: 7:28am On Aug 09, 2022
Yoruba man B- Abdulahi muhamMad Yusuf
Yoruba man C- David Joseph Joy

I agree. 99.9% of Nigerians have slavish mentality.

I have hidden my foreign name and wish not to give my children any foreign name.

Our language and skin are not our problem but our mindset.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

☎ +27712052263 ☎ ◑uk◐best Lost Love Spells Caster In England,durban,austral / Ooni Of Ife Takes 6th Wife, Olori Opeoluwa Elizabeth Akinmuda / Which African Country Has The Most Beautiful Flag? Ghana ��? Nigeria ��? Moz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.