Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,399 members, 7,822,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

INEC Backtracks, Recognises Lawan, Akpabio As Senatorial Candidates - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Backtracks, Recognises Lawan, Akpabio As Senatorial Candidates (28521 Views)

INEC Denies Recognising Lawan, Akpabio As Senatorial Candidates / How Oshiomhole Avoided INEC's Hammer As Lawan, Akpabio Umahi Lose Out / Inec List: Confusion In Kwara As Governor Name Appeared As Senatorial Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Backtracks, Recognises Lawan, Akpabio As Senatorial Candidates by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 4:07pm On Aug 09, 2022
Waaaat
Re: INEC Backtracks, Recognises Lawan, Akpabio As Senatorial Candidates by blackboy(m): 4:08pm On Aug 09, 2022
And this is the INEC promising free and fair elections.
Buhari is pretending not to care about 2023 elections outcome . Dont be deceived. Politicians dont let chance happen

1 Like

Re: INEC Backtracks, Recognises Lawan, Akpabio As Senatorial Candidates by stormborn28(m): 4:08pm On Aug 09, 2022
wasi9ice:
If this is true , then we need to pray more , we need God's intervention come next year election

Leave prayer and act..
Re: INEC Backtracks, Recognises Lawan, Akpabio As Senatorial Candidates by adonis89(m): 4:11pm On Aug 09, 2022
Independent umpire indeed. Use|ess country. You ppl think this country will b better with all these nonsense we are condoning

1 Like

Re: INEC Backtracks, Recognises Lawan, Akpabio As Senatorial Candidates by naijapikin2(m): 4:11pm On Aug 09, 2022
This too shall pass.... I mean apc. Finish all your trash, and let the nation transfom OBI-diently
Re: INEC Backtracks, Recognises Lawan, Akpabio As Senatorial Candidates by Pipefitter: 4:12pm On Aug 09, 2022
etokhana:
Nigerian Electoral Body, INEC Succumbs To Pressure From Ruling APC, Backdates Documents To Recognise Senate President Lawan, Akpabio As Senatorial Candidates

Bashir Machina won the party’s ticket for Yobe North Senatorial District, while Udom Ekpoudom won the primary election for Akwa Ibom North-West which was monitored by INEC officials.

https://saharareporters.com/articles/breaking-nigerian-electoral-body-inec-succumbs-pressure-ruling-apc-backdates-documents

Nigeria my country.

No be like this they teach una democracy oo...lmao

If someone wishes to resign by writing to INEC. A fresh election should be conducted or the party excluded if the period for chosing a candidate has elapsed...

If you believe there is justice for the common man in Nigeria, then I'm sorry

1 Like

Re: INEC Backtracks, Recognises Lawan, Akpabio As Senatorial Candidates by Mosesvic11(m): 4:13pm On Aug 09, 2022
Svoboda:
This piece of news will set off a long chain of wailing from the same people who claim total disdain for the political party involved.
you are a fool for this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Backtracks, Recognises Lawan, Akpabio As Senatorial Candidates by stormborn28(m): 4:15pm On Aug 09, 2022
pharmaking:
I don't know why I LOVE this news.

Ashiwaju all the way.

When the OBIdients finish wailing, you can resume your labour.

You can now see that all of you will LABOUR in vain.

Creamypie: 7:49am On Aug 08
Hand dey shaaaaaake, leg dey sahaaake. Baba wey no well, e dey shout emi lokaaaan.emilokan emilokaan......Chaiii..damn. On a serious note, Both this song and "carry me dey go" need to be trademarked oh. Na money them be walai.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Backtracks, Recognises Lawan, Akpabio As Senatorial Candidates by Doyou2019: 4:15pm On Aug 09, 2022
blackboy:
And this is the INEC promising free and fair elections.
Buhari is pretending not to care about 2023 elections outcome . Dont be deceived. Politicians dont let chance happen

I knew INEC was up to no good when it decided that it would throw away over 7 million online registrants who couldn't complete their voter registration at their offices.
How do you just disenfranchise that large a number of potential voters with at least 6 months to the General Elections?? Makes no sense.
Shame on you Yakubu Mahmood!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Backtracks, Recognises Lawan, Akpabio As Senatorial Candidates by joelag: 4:15pm On Aug 09, 2022
Reason why I don't believe in voting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Backtracks, Recognises Lawan, Akpabio As Senatorial Candidates by stormborn28(m): 4:16pm On Aug 09, 2022
IgOga:

Empty threats will not change anything...SriLanka is a tiny country...if you destroy your neighborhood because of election, the rest of the country will just look at you and carry on with life......

Saying that I am loosing faith in this INEC sha....how can someone who did not participate in primaries be recognized as the party candidate?

Creamypie: 7:49am On Aug 08
Hand dey shaaaaaake, leg dey sahaaake. Baba wey no well, e dey shout emi lokaaaan.emilokan emilokaan......Chaiii..damn. On a serious note, Both this song and "carry me dey go" need to be trademarked oh. Na money them be walai.

1 Like

Re: INEC Backtracks, Recognises Lawan, Akpabio As Senatorial Candidates by nomenclature(m): 4:17pm On Aug 09, 2022
femisplash:

You think Nigeria is SE where you do anyhow?.. Tucano will land on your thick head.
Toy tucano that is produced by Pakistan is what you are used in boasting.
Mumu somebody
Re: INEC Backtracks, Recognises Lawan, Akpabio As Senatorial Candidates by jojothaiv(m): 4:18pm On Aug 09, 2022
joelag:
Reason why I don't believe in voting
Another angle, some don't even believe in the country to start with...
Re: INEC Backtracks, Recognises Lawan, Akpabio As Senatorial Candidates by lexy2014: 4:18pm On Aug 09, 2022
Svoboda:
This piece of news will set off a long chain of wailing from the same people who claim total disdain for the political party involved.

I think you got it wrong and maybe you need a bit more maturity so you can be less myopic.

The issue here isn't about APC. Its about INEC. INEC is a national institution whose activities and functions are guided by law and not by the dictates of the ruling party. If it cant keep to its own rules, how then can it be an unbiased umpire?

1 Like

Re: INEC Backtracks, Recognises Lawan, Akpabio As Senatorial Candidates by Dididrumz(m): 4:18pm On Aug 09, 2022
Svoboda:

Oga, this isn't about party affiliation, what the APC and INEC are doing is so wrong, and You know it.

1 Like

Re: INEC Backtracks, Recognises Lawan, Akpabio As Senatorial Candidates by wiseoneking: 4:18pm On Aug 09, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
APC will win 2023 Presidential election fair and square with wide margin. This is great news!
Those guys will work hard to get elected and get more votes for Asiwaju.
check my signature for freebies!
leave Akwaibom out of your shame. Akpabiou couldn't win the governorship for his state. It is fully a PDP state but for OBidient movement presidentially wise. The SS population are like SE voters that are independent and not control by individuals. Is a ho mo area for APC. SS states are no go area APC. The highest votes from SS will be from Edo state with less than 20% and the least from Delta with less than 5%
Re: INEC Backtracks, Recognises Lawan, Akpabio As Senatorial Candidates by Mrkindness: 4:19pm On Aug 09, 2022
Buhari not only destroy Nigeria economy but also destroy every single government institution left.

1 Like

Re: INEC Backtracks, Recognises Lawan, Akpabio As Senatorial Candidates by lexy2014: 4:19pm On Aug 09, 2022
femisplash:

You think Nigeria is SE where you do anyhow?.. Tucano will land on your thick head.

So nigeria has tucano? Why haven't they been used against bandits all this while?

1 Like

Re: INEC Backtracks, Recognises Lawan, Akpabio As Senatorial Candidates by lexy2014: 4:20pm On Aug 09, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
APC will win 2023 Presidential election fair and square with wide margin. This is great news!
Those guys will work hard to get elected and get more votes for Asiwaju.
check my signature for freebies!

Pls how will these guys "get more votes" for Tinubu?

1 Like

Re: INEC Backtracks, Recognises Lawan, Akpabio As Senatorial Candidates by Elidrisy20: 4:20pm On Aug 09, 2022
I'm speechless
Re: INEC Backtracks, Recognises Lawan, Akpabio As Senatorial Candidates by ryloy: 4:22pm On Aug 09, 2022
God Bless Incoming President Bola Ahmed Tinubu
Re: INEC Backtracks, Recognises Lawan, Akpabio As Senatorial Candidates by steveodo(m): 4:22pm On Aug 09, 2022
2023 election is not safe with this decision

1 Like

Re: INEC Backtracks, Recognises Lawan, Akpabio As Senatorial Candidates by JayPeeOham: 4:22pm On Aug 09, 2022
Ddeliverer007:
Are y’all sure INEC can be trusted? Cause if INEC cannot be independent I wonder why we should trust them.

If any party collabos with INEC and rigs this election, endsars would be child’s play. Just consider Nigeria over.

The dogs, baboons and everything in between would be soaked in blood. angry angry angry

I couldn't agree less

But there is a favourite party that comes to mind if at all any party intends to rig though and we shall be at peace with the decisiongrin
Re: INEC Backtracks, Recognises Lawan, Akpabio As Senatorial Candidates by almarthins(m): 4:25pm On Aug 09, 2022
etokhana:
Nigerian Electoral Body, INEC Succumbs To Pressure From Ruling APC, Backdates Documents To Recognise Senate President Lawan, Akpabio As Senatorial Candidates

Bashir Machina won the party’s ticket for Yobe North Senatorial District, while Udom Ekpoudom won the primary election for Akwa Ibom North-West which was monitored by INEC officials.

https://saharareporters.com/articles/breaking-nigerian-electoral-body-inec-succumbs-pressure-ruling-apc-backdates-documents

The wuruwuru has started already. Inec is not truly independent.

1 Like

Re: INEC Backtracks, Recognises Lawan, Akpabio As Senatorial Candidates by jamace(m): 4:26pm On Aug 09, 2022
INEC is indirectly telling aggrieved aspirants to go to court to reclaim their mandate. angry

1 Like

Re: INEC Backtracks, Recognises Lawan, Akpabio As Senatorial Candidates by omoranmilowo: 4:28pm On Aug 09, 2022
THEY MAY BE DISAPPOINTED AT THE END.
Re: INEC Backtracks, Recognises Lawan, Akpabio As Senatorial Candidates by Kajaard: 4:29pm On Aug 09, 2022
Money must have changed hands
Re: INEC Backtracks, Recognises Lawan, Akpabio As Senatorial Candidates by ussv: 4:32pm On Aug 09, 2022
Government Magic !!!! Nigeria I hail thee
Re: INEC Backtracks, Recognises Lawan, Akpabio As Senatorial Candidates by SocialJustice: 4:33pm On Aug 09, 2022
aariwa:
INEC have started casting doubt on their ability to withstand pressure from politicians that want to rig
This news is scary.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fact Check: Did Evelyn Joshua Promise Peter Obi 8 Million Votes? / Emir Of Kano, Dangote Visit Saraki Today (Photos) / PDP Chairmanship: How South-west Lost Out; GEJ, Others React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.