Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,951 members, 7,821,333 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Angry Man Caught On Camera Dislodging Road Bumps (Video/Photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Angry Man Caught On Camera Dislodging Road Bumps (Video/Photos) (44130 Views)

Suez Canal: 'Beached Whale' Ship Gets Stuck. Dislodging Could Take Weeks / Usuma Dam, Abuja: You Won't Believe This Is Nigeria (Video, Photos) / Koronu Ibadan Where People Don't Think (Video, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Angry Man Caught On Camera Dislodging Road Bumps (Video/Photos) by HRMK: 7:06am On Aug 10, 2022
he must be a lunatic!am sure this must be in ogun state where the governor has bn costructing new roads in towns!it doesnt appear to him that he could be jailed for destroying govt property!should local streets be turned to express roads bcs of rehabilitation?this man must be prosecuted!
Re: Angry Man Caught On Camera Dislodging Road Bumps (Video/Photos) by rajiedreez: 7:23am On Aug 10, 2022
These are some of the acts PO people use to sabotage him. Lawlessness and entitlement. Is that what he's expecting PO to bring? Shior
Re: Angry Man Caught On Camera Dislodging Road Bumps (Video/Photos) by omooba969(m): 7:24am On Aug 10, 2022
Nigerians and lawlessness are like bread and butter. SMH
Re: Angry Man Caught On Camera Dislodging Road Bumps (Video/Photos) by 8stargeneral: 7:25am On Aug 10, 2022
I don't blame d man...some road bumps na death trap...people go just construct nonsense for road to cause more problem

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Angry Man Caught On Camera Dislodging Road Bumps (Video/Photos) by mrkings84(m): 7:25am On Aug 10, 2022
DaniDani:
Nawaooo! See morale! The authorities should go after him if the purpose of putting the bump is for the good of the public.

Which authority for bumps that are put by the landlords around that axis to prevent vehicles from hitting their straying dogs

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angry Man Caught On Camera Dislodging Road Bumps (Video/Photos) by placeofallure(f): 7:26am On Aug 10, 2022
Omahleigh:
I don't agree with this. How do you just wake up and start destroying what the community put in place for protection of lives? Are you normal??

Did the community go it the right way? Nigerian government, at least, Lasgidi, will never approve this kinda Mount Kilimanjaro on a road and tag it bump.
Fine, vehicles might have been over speeding and might have caused a few mishaps here and there, making the community resolve to build that thing, but it is wrong! They should have made a case with the local government and let them take it up from there.

The road to my school was riddled with potholes before so there was no way vehicles could speed pass. Later, government repaired the road. The implication is vehicles pass at top speed which ain't good for school children. We reported at the LG, they assessed the road and gave us 3 bumps, one before the school gate, one by the school gate and another one after. They marked the road and even gave road sign posts of school children blablabla.

We should always learn to do things the right way not the agbero approach all the time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angry Man Caught On Camera Dislodging Road Bumps (Video/Photos) by Lakue: 7:27am On Aug 10, 2022
Icartaway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUN_yhQMwD4

A man was seen dislodging a road bump with a sledge hammer. He said it is not appropriate to put bumps on any road.

He said roads are meant to ease movement, if there is any obstacle on the road, it is no longer considered a road

No be the same law teach us make we no make a U turn on a road

We be same abeg
Re: Angry Man Caught On Camera Dislodging Road Bumps (Video/Photos) by Dowins1(m): 7:32am On Aug 10, 2022
The moment the guy said Peter obi all the way men I just like him ASAP

1 Like

Re: Angry Man Caught On Camera Dislodging Road Bumps (Video/Photos) by demoBaba: 7:33am On Aug 10, 2022
Yes..... they're new unprofessional speed pump at Omuo Ekiti..that bump is there to damage cars with the height of the pump, government needs to stop abnormal pumb by unprofessional body.
Re: Angry Man Caught On Camera Dislodging Road Bumps (Video/Photos) by Bluntemperor: 7:36am On Aug 10, 2022
DaniDani:
Nawaooo! See morale! The authorities should go after him if the purpose of putting the bump is for the good of the public.

•He should be arrested because he looks like he is on high! Ask him further,his arguments are untenable,parly because ,the are crimes being committed at night and so these guys don't want to be slowed down!
• You need to create these bumps on roads where School Children are always crossing because many Nigerians don't just drive to obey traffic rules,as we are very indiciplined in virtually everything!
•Road bumps are needed in crowded areas or must we all live in Lekki or Victoria Island,for easy traffic!
• In defence of Road Bumps because the CDA's that most often constructed these bumps want their Community at Peace,as they don't want to lose their loved ones through reckless drivers who don't care in their Community!
Most of these driving in Nigeria can't do it in UK or USA ,or abroad,as they would be booked for traffic offences,so they are now here talking rubbish!
Re: Angry Man Caught On Camera Dislodging Road Bumps (Video/Photos) by Doubleoh7: 7:39am On Aug 10, 2022
billante:

Guy you just relayed my mind exactly.

Those bumps at diamond estate annoys me like mad whenever I pass there...How the residents of that vicinity have not done anything about those stupid bumps for years now baffles me.

Haven't those bumps damaged their cars bad enough?!
Became a huge turnoff for me visiting that mall. I'd rather go round and use their rear entrance than enduring the sound my car makes on descending from those huge stuffs.
Re: Angry Man Caught On Camera Dislodging Road Bumps (Video/Photos) by Image123(m): 7:40am On Aug 10, 2022
Obi supporters, enough said.
Re: Angry Man Caught On Camera Dislodging Road Bumps (Video/Photos) by Nobody: 7:42am On Aug 10, 2022
Nice..is that a bump? Abi na wetin dey spoil motor..Nonsense. commot all for dia. Once a victim of this nonsense community bumps. My own turn sef dey come. Na to buy sledge hammer first for mushing today. Make we see as weekend go be.
Re: Angry Man Caught On Camera Dislodging Road Bumps (Video/Photos) by mozona(m): 7:46am On Aug 10, 2022
this one get mind ooh
Re: Angry Man Caught On Camera Dislodging Road Bumps (Video/Photos) by Nobody: 7:48am On Aug 10, 2022
DaniDani:

So your hobby of robbing motorists in traffic is a public good?
Re: Angry Man Caught On Camera Dislodging Road Bumps (Video/Photos) by Bahamas95(m): 7:53am On Aug 10, 2022
Its not the right thing to do but I understand his frustration. Some road bumps are very difficult to climb and it's so annoying. There's a particular road in my school where I avoid like plague because of the high bumbs, I always stop my bicycle and roll over before I can pass......I wonder the idiots that constructed them.
Re: Angry Man Caught On Camera Dislodging Road Bumps (Video/Photos) by ultim: 7:56am On Aug 10, 2022
Icartaway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUN_yhQMwD4

A man was seen dislodging a road bump with a sledge hammer. He said it is not appropriate to put bumps on any road.

He said roads are meant to ease movement, if there is any obstacle on the road, it is no longer considered a road

If you have had problems with these indiscriminate bumps, you will understand what that guy said.
Nigeria is the only place where people just wake up and erect bumps on public roads. And worse still there is never a sign warning motorists about the pumps. What happens to speed brakes that which are more appropriate.

My Jeep me neatly somersaulted due to one senseless bump just after lokoja while coming into Abuja. Everyone that drives along that route should know that spot. It's on a bend and just after a very deep slope.

If have also driven along those Ejule Ikeje Igah axis, those mud houses along the road, you will understand the difference between bumps and wickedness.

Drive in the night on Nigerian roads without exercising due cautions, bumps will teach you ugly lessons.

We act as if there are no regulations here

2 Likes

Re: Angry Man Caught On Camera Dislodging Road Bumps (Video/Photos) by emmyloved(m): 8:00am On Aug 10, 2022
Cantonese:
He does not pay tax. He does not build roads. He does not understand how much it takes to construct roads. He did not take account of overspeeding drivers.

That was very stupid of him. He was showing off. He must be an APC supporter. Impunity is their watchword.

If found by government for damaging public infrastructure, he is liable to jail.
baba buy data and watch the video and stop spitting nonsense
Re: Angry Man Caught On Camera Dislodging Road Bumps (Video/Photos) by yongg: 8:05am On Aug 10, 2022
A part of me is associating the high cost of brake pads and the internet meme about the same in Nigeria as an additional reason as to why he had to do what had to be done. smiley
Re: Angry Man Caught On Camera Dislodging Road Bumps (Video/Photos) by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:05am On Aug 10, 2022
Omahleigh:
I don't agree with this. How do you just wake up and start destroying what the community put in place for protection of lives? Are you normal??
Govt giv d community power 2 construct mountain calling it speed bump?

naxo dem dey judge matter?
angry

Re: Angry Man Caught On Camera Dislodging Road Bumps (Video/Photos) by omanzo02: 8:15am On Aug 10, 2022
kenny714433:
grin

That's what happens when mechanic make road bumps. They'll just heap it as they like not knowing that bumps should have certain slope level to allow movement of vehicle without damaging impact

Nigeria mediocrity is unbeatable, this is how a road threshold should looks like.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angry Man Caught On Camera Dislodging Road Bumps (Video/Photos) by crusufixo(m): 8:19am On Aug 10, 2022
I agree with this man. But I however disagree with the way he went about it. From the looks of this video, that seems to be an inner steet road.Now , a normal driver should know that he should drive between 20 - 25km/h in an inner street cos kids usually play either football or ride their bikes on the street. Its unavoidable cos kids would always be kids. But then, you would see some abnormal and G*d for***en drivers doing up to 50km/h on these inner Streets. Hence, the residents are forced to put up these bumps. But the unfortunate thing is that these bumps are not done properly. Some of the bumps are even hard to pass. Like one of the speakers mentioned, there should be a significant amount of slope on either side of the speed bump to allow for easy passing at low speed.

2 Likes

Re: Angry Man Caught On Camera Dislodging Road Bumps (Video/Photos) by Exceed15: 8:22am On Aug 10, 2022
In an environment where we have a lot of children using the road it is to discourage high speed
Re: Angry Man Caught On Camera Dislodging Road Bumps (Video/Photos) by SeriouslySense(m): 8:25am On Aug 10, 2022
the slope looks okay not abrupt, after viewing the arguments from both side, i tend to understand better why the man did what he did, but the slope can be improved such that its not abrupt and upsetting to the drivers and will also keep children safer.

omanzo02:

Nigeria mediocrity is unbeatable, this is how a road threshold should looks like.
Re: Angry Man Caught On Camera Dislodging Road Bumps (Video/Photos) by pannyman(m): 8:26am On Aug 10, 2022
9icetoo:

That's a good man right there.

Only local governments and other authorized state or federal agencies have the right to construct bumps on public roads.

Nigerians take laws into their own hands and think it's the right thing to do .

Some roads have been severely defaced and spoilt by bumps.

Airforce road in pH now experiences traffic because of two useless bumps installed there.

Put a speed limit on roads, equip police with speed cameras and make money for the state or federal government if overspeeding is a concern.

And not inconvenience other road users.

The speed bumps are so annoying. They are totally unnecessary and such a nuisance because of the hold up they cause. Just as you said, a speed limit and road signs are all that is required and if any driver decides to speed recklessly, they should be ready to face the consequences. Speed bumps on such a major road is strange.

1 Like

Re: Angry Man Caught On Camera Dislodging Road Bumps (Video/Photos) by SeriouslySense(m): 8:30am On Aug 10, 2022
There has to be improvements on safety considering how people especially men drive recklessly in Nigeria, they believe to drive rough is a man way without considering the safety of others and the people around the roads. I just saw a smoother slope (from omanzo02) which is less annoying to inconsiderate drivers, and will also improve safety for children.

With optimal slope abi gradient of slope there is safety for everyone.

pannyman:

The speed bumps are so annoying. They are totally unnecessary and such a nuisance because of the hold up they cause. Just as you said, a speed limit and road signs are all that is required and if any driver decides to speed recklessly, they should be ready to face the consequences. Speed bumps on such a major road is strange.

Re: Angry Man Caught On Camera Dislodging Road Bumps (Video/Photos) by chris51(f): 8:31am On Aug 10, 2022
DaniDani:

The bump would destroy vehicles
Re: Angry Man Caught On Camera Dislodging Road Bumps (Video/Photos) by chris51(f): 8:31am On Aug 10, 2022
chris51:

The bump would destroy vehicles
Re: Angry Man Caught On Camera Dislodging Road Bumps (Video/Photos) by Qualer: 8:52am On Aug 10, 2022
DaniDani:

Have some common sense, those are not 'bumps', they are more like obstacles!
Re: Angry Man Caught On Camera Dislodging Road Bumps (Video/Photos) by Qualer: 8:57am On Aug 10, 2022
Bluntemperor:

•He should be arrested because he looks like he is on high! Ask him further,his arguments are untenable,parly because ,the are crimes being committed at night and so these guys don't want to be slowed down!
• You need to create these bumps on roads where School Children are always crossing because many Nigerians don't just drive to obey traffic rules,as we are very indiciplined in virtually everything!
•Road bumps are needed in crowded areas or must we all live in Lekki or Victoria Island,for easy traffic!
• In defence of Road Bumps because the CDA's that most often constructed these bumps want their Community at Peace,as they don't want to lose their loved ones through reckless drivers who don't care in their Community!
Most of these driving in Nigeria can't do it in UK or USA ,or abroad,as they would be booked for traffic offences,so they are now here talking rubbish!

If you need money to buy common sense let me know!!
Re: Angry Man Caught On Camera Dislodging Road Bumps (Video/Photos) by godofuck231: 8:57am On Aug 10, 2022
kingreign:

Please, explain this in detail let’s understand what you’re saying better.
speedup destroys cars and roads, roads wear an breaks happen at points o turnings and breaking, road signs and zebra crossings alert sane people to slow down as pedestrian are abound, beating a speed limit around such areas attracts a fine , in developed countries, tickets an traffic fines are levied against speed or traffic offenders , not speed bumps , its barbaric
Re: Angry Man Caught On Camera Dislodging Road Bumps (Video/Photos) by chinecherem97974: 9:10am On Aug 10, 2022
FunnyFunny...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Threatens To Slap White Man On UK Train (Throwback Video) / Luxembourg Becomes The First Country To Make All Public Transportation Free / This Was Lagos In 1963. Everybody Get Sense.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.