Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Jakpa Advise: Think Critically - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Jakpa Advise: Think Critically (63581 Views)

Jakpa: Nurse Sister Now Stuck . Help ! / Jakpa To Bolivia / Five Dead, Nine Critically Injured On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by grammarian247(m): 5:40am On Aug 19, 2022
valves:
Pls I'm saying this to everyone reading, if you have that kind of money kindly move to Canada instead. I'm in Canada at the moment and I'm wondering why people run to the UK.

If you come here as a student you won't go back cos you'll most likely get a job. People get citizenship here in 3-5 years.

Don't dash UK your money pls. UK made their Visa easy for a reason. I beg make una think well

Bro, bring me up to speed: how do I go about admission in Canada. I have a BA and MA in English and considering doing another MA in maybe TESOL, what do you think I should do, please.
Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by spaggyy(m): 5:45am On Aug 19, 2022
jesmond3945:

Is 9.5 not 15. 1000 is tax free while the rest is taxed at 20 percent.

9.5 is the minimum… people earn as much as £17 for care jobs.

And on the average £15 pounds
Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by Regex: 5:48am On Aug 19, 2022
Herbworks:

Nigerians are the most wicked people I have seen on the face of the earth; you will welcome them with an open mind and be going out of your way to help them meanwhile they’ll be planning how to rob you and betray you.

This same person that wrote this is probably living abroad and enjoying the benefits there but they will intentionally discourage people so that nobody will ask them for money or come over and drag their jobs with them. Make all of una getat abeg

@bolded, you have not met the Pakistanis.
Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by Regex: 5:50am On Aug 19, 2022
Halo22:
No wonder, most people that study and settle in UK are the stingiest group of people I have ever seen.

You can't be requesting for silly things and expect people there to respond to you. You can't be asking for UK sim, or wake up out of the blue to lie to me about something so you can obtain from me and I will respond.
Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by Regex: 5:52am On Aug 19, 2022
Smile4mee01:

I'm in Australia, and will be finishing in 3 months. Immigration is also tough here. Even in the regional areas where most ppl rush to. Nothing is guranteed. The issue here is that every year they change thier PR requirements to meet thier needs. So some students get stuck. Health related courses have a slight edge.

I recently got my Canada visit visa , which may be my last resort as canada as it has programs to convert to PR.

PSW pays well here, some ppl use thier 3yrs post study Visa to grind and set up themselves for.the rest of thier lives in thier home country.

Regardless of how it is. Nothing beats a Great Nigeria. Until Nigeria works, it's hard to feel at home elsewhere.

Don't ever make the mistake of touching down in Abuja or Lagos airport. Guy naija cast.

1 Like

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by emmaodet: 5:54am On Aug 19, 2022
Saverin:

You dodged a bullet my brother. She no go return the money, she go add insult join: "Ordinary 2m naira, money wey no reach 2600 pounds sef, mtschew" cheesy

grin grin

You are right brother. That is what may likely end it if I drag her too much especially after several months of dragging.
She will tell me ordinary 2m (come convert and to pounds so that it will look small in the eye of her fellow Nigerians abroad she is telling the tale - ordinary £2,600) na him dey para regular for.
The husband will even join in that I am embarrassing his wife and probably I want to bang her or a disgruntled Ex.
Abeg I no get strength for that.
I know how hard it is for me to get back the few money I borrowed people here at home not to talk about someone far away. Someone I won’t be able to see and quarrel and won’t be able to talk to unless she picks my call, she may even come to nigeria unknown by me.

1 Like

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by emmaodet: 6:25am On Aug 19, 2022
Nyamiri:

Lol. Be like this one was born to suffer.
I thought it was politics that made you say stupid things but it seems you actually don't mean to say stupid things. You are just naturally unintelligent.

; D grin

Na wa oooooo

Easy ooooo
Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by Munamoqel: 6:30am On Aug 19, 2022
Regex:

Don't ever make the mistake of touching down in Abuja or Lagos airport. Guy naija cast.
say who ? Guy touch down and enjoy your self and live with dignity inside park view ,VGC ,osorbone,maitama ,Asokoro etc with hard winter's ,no bush fires no Mass mall shooting No police profiling and rascism no fascist and no high tax and plank house

11 Likes

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by emmaodet: 6:33am On Aug 19, 2022
Nyamiri:

Why e no go pain am. The number of plates she washed there is what a normal person will wash in 17 lifetimes. grin

grin grin

Chaiiiiiii

Una too get bad mouth for this forum.

You people won’t kill someone with laughter

3 Likes

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by cayorday89(m): 7:15am On Aug 19, 2022
Halo22:
No wonder, most people that study and settle in UK are the stingiest group of people I have ever seen.
You should have used another word to qualify that, that word stinginess makes you sound entitled.

4 Likes

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by Ukalejohn(m): 7:16am On Aug 19, 2022
OP definitely has a point (obviously from experience) but one thing you should’ve done is talk about the better ways or moving (in this case marrying, working while your spouse schools) at least you’d have better chances to maximize your time there and after the 3 years even if your village people are living with you there you just have made twice whatever expenses you accrued… my two cents

2 Likes

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by justwise(m): 7:22am On Aug 19, 2022
Halo22:

Did you send them to the UK?
Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by CockAndBullStor: 7:46am On Aug 19, 2022
BigDawsNet:

Yankee is on the list Yankee is US

Age is not an issue... even married folks relocate with their kids... it only requires more funds..

Germany is a good choice if you can afford the block account...

Study permit if possible...
After ur program
It's easy to legalise in Germany...

With your residents permit... Yankee visa / Canada PR will easy like dubia visa
Please can you explain the bolded? What's the connection, please?
Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by Focusmind: 8:04am On Aug 19, 2022
Nuliberry:

I wish I can like this post a hundredth times.

But if you have all it takes to relocate legitimately without it impacting your finances, mental health etc, please do ,I believe there are average Nigerians who are presently doing well in the country but wants something saner and can as well sustain it.

Yes, my wife may likely relocate with the kids. They were all born abroad. But for the time being, I will prefer to remain here. I still have my aged parents that needs my attention. I will agree to my wife's relocation because of her intention to enroll for a nursing program. She has been pushing for that for long and it seems to have clicked for her.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by kelblaze(m): 8:21am On Aug 19, 2022
After all said and done, home is still home

2 Likes

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by yinkbell: 8:24am On Aug 19, 2022
jesmond3945:
graduate route visa. After you study you are given 2 or 3 years to look for work

Thanks bro.
Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by Olumaeme: 8:41am On Aug 19, 2022
Brother the risk is worth taking and even if you come back to Nigeria, you will be better suited for a job than people in Nigeria.
Last week, i checked the directors of most NGOs in Nigeria and over 90% have foreign degrees/PGDs.

Life is a risk, and you regret the risks you didn't take when you grow older. Also, some experiences can change the course of your life outside your initial plan.

2 Likes

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by Herbworks: 9:47am On Aug 19, 2022
emmaodet:

grin

Omo

This one, frustration don enter oo

Yes o cos naija will frustrate you until you get comfortable being trampled on.

Recently about 300 telecom workers lost their jobs when a major telecom company in Nigeria shutdown operation but the Nigeria media didn’t carry it. Imagine people that have worked for almost 10 years suddenly lose their jobs and had to start writing letters and attending interviews.

Frustration is not always borne out of poverty but living in a system that doesn’t work should make every right thinking human frustrated

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by BigDawsNet: 9:54am On Aug 19, 2022
jeffdaniel:

Funny enough, as I read the comments of the guy you quoted, it reminds me of our days in the Uk too, between 2010 and 2012, and how we left to look for other opportunities in another country, i was just telling this to my wife. I remembered few of our friends too left and went back to Nigeria because it was difficult to extend work visa in the Uk then, some had to stay back to continue schooling. The story is different today.

My advice to those students, studying in the Uk, especially Msc, that doesn't want to go back to Nigeria is that they should use it as a stepping stones. Once you're done with your study and you are given the 2 years to work, just use the opportunity to go to another country for example you can apply for Canada express entry, at that time you have more opportunities and you may be lucky to get it within the time of your working visa.

O ga oh... UK don turn stepping stone country lipsrsealed

Why the place cast like dis

2 Likes

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by Itsrm(m): 10:45am On Aug 19, 2022
Herbworks:

Yes o cos naija will frustrate you until you get comfortable being trampled on.

Recently about 300 telecom workers lost their jobs when a major telecom company in Nigeria shutdown operation but the Nigeria media didn’t carry it. Imagine people that have worked for almost 10 years suddenly lose their jobs and had to start writing letters and attending interviews.

Frustration is not always borne out of poverty but living in a system that doesn’t work should make every right thinking human frustrated

Which telecom company is this?

2 Likes

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by Herbworks: 11:22am On Aug 19, 2022
Itsrm:

Which telecom company is this?

There are more 100 telecom companies in Nigeria apart from the Mtn, glo, Airtel & 9mobile that Nigerians know about. If you’re not in the telecom industry you won’t understand
Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by Herbworks: 11:23am On Aug 19, 2022
Regex:

@bolded, you have not met the Pakistanis.

Are Pakistanis wicked to themselves? Any people can be wicked to others but not to themselves
Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by Itsrm(m): 11:26am On Aug 19, 2022
Herbworks:

There are more 100 telecom companies in Nigeria apart from the Mtn, glo, Airtel & 9mobile that Nigerians know about. If you’re not in the telecom industry you won’t understand

So which telecom company are we talking about here.

7 Likes

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by Frenchkiss564: 12:57pm On Aug 19, 2022
Focusmind:

Yes, my wife may likely relocate with the kids. They were all born abroad. But for the time being, I will prefer to remain here. I still have my aged parents that needs my attention. I will agree to my wife's relocation because of her intention to enroll for a nursing program. She has been pushing for that for long and it seems to have clicked for her.

You are an honourable man.

1 Like

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by femijay8271(m): 1:06pm On Aug 19, 2022
BigDawsNet:

Yankee is on the list Yankee is US

Age is not an issue... even married folks relocate with their kids... it only requires more funds..

Germany is a good choice if you can afford the block account...

Study permit if possible...
After ur program
It's easy to legalise in Germany...

With your residents permit... Yankee visa / Canada PR will easy like dubia visa

Hello bro, pls can i have ur contact just for some info?
Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by Regex: 1:30pm On Aug 19, 2022
justwise:

Did you send them to the UK?

Ask them.
Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by somehow: 2:08pm On Aug 19, 2022
Itsrm:

So which telecom company are we talking about here.

grin grin

Anything to make Nigeria appear like a lost cause grin

5 Likes

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by Zanzibar1: 2:15pm On Aug 19, 2022
TheEnforcer:
Right just like you see a lot of these Pakistanis and Indians working in gas stations in the US.You now see them move on to buy gas stations themselves and become owners .some of them own like 10 gas stations and are multi millionaires in dollar terms.People who could hardly speak English when they moved to the US

All it takes is to have a plan and be consistent while making the right moves... But in Africa, the black man relies more luck and God. Two things he can't really prove.

It's the indians that amaze me tho, but I believe it's as a result of their medical expertise and other professional experiences.
I know there are other well to do and successful Nigerians world wide sha
Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by Itsrm(m): 2:28pm On Aug 19, 2022
somehow:

grin grin

Anything to make Nigeria appear like a lost cause grin

I just tire. I work with one of the biggest telco in the country and it is surprising that a major player shut down operations and I'm not aware.

I'm giving him benefit of the doubt all the same. I just need the name of this major player cheesy

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply)

The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos / Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government / 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.