Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:26 PM

Jakpa Advise: Think Critically - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Jakpa Advise: Think Critically (63387 Views)

Jakpa: Nurse Sister Now Stuck . Help ! / Jakpa To Bolivia / Five Dead, Nine Critically Injured On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by jesmond3945: 11:54am On Aug 10, 2022
justwise:

You are misleading people, students were not promised a job after graduation
oh really. It seems you were not informed. Even the offers that comes with placement, when they apply for internship or placement na love letter go follow.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by jesmond3945: 11:57am On Aug 10, 2022
justwise:

You are a masters student so nobody teaches you, they lecture you.
it seems you are a gate keeper of her majesty government. When I did my masters in Niaja, I was taught very well. Infact the lecturers taught us from the basic foundation up. People who did masters in USA were taught very well. I am not even talking of masters. Even in bachelors nothing. The students only learn when they go for 1 year placement and on their own.

39 Likes

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by justwise(m): 11:58am On Aug 10, 2022
Testpen:

a mortgage house in UK costs around 250,000 pounds to 300,000 pounds that's roughly 240,000,000 million naira. paying debts for how long.

If you don't pay mortgage you pay rent, you can not escape it unless you want to live for free. Move to a city with affordable house price or cost of living

14 Likes

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by justwise(m): 12:07pm On Aug 10, 2022
jesmond3945:
oh really. It seems you were not informed. Even the offers that comes with placement, when they apply for internship or placement na love letter go follow.

I'm surprised that someone who claimed to be informed is mistaking placement for a job? Placement is part of your course, its not a full time job, infact you don't really get paid

13 Likes

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by justwise(m): 12:10pm On Aug 10, 2022
jesmond3945:
it seems you are a gate keeper of her majesty government. When I did my masters in Niaja, I was taught very well. Infact the lecturers taught us from the basic foundation up. People who did masters in USA were taught very well. I am not even talking of masters. Even in bachelors nothing. The students only learn when they go for 1 year placement and on their own.

I'm not sure about that, they taught you very well and you still apply to study in the UK without doing your DD?

5 Likes

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by jesmond3945: 12:23pm On Aug 10, 2022
justwise:

I'm not sure about that, they taught you very well and you still apply to study in the UK without doing your DD?
you don't know me brother or what I do in Uk. Have a good day.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by Realteeyee123(m): 12:28pm On Aug 10, 2022
Really interesting and educative thread

Personally I don't like the UK due to issues of ease of residing there after studies. Australia, Canada, Germany and few other countries have transparent Immigration laws and it's a bit easier to reside legally after studies compared to the UK

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by Realteeyee123(m): 12:31pm On Aug 10, 2022
But thinking about it, you can't really blame Nigerians for choosing the UK, Canada and Australia is very very very hard to get their visa, UK is a bit easier, so most people don't get Canada or Australia and their only option is the UK, so they are left with either taking it or remaining in Nigeria until Canada or Australia clicks, remember time is ticking age isn't on their side.

But I Know people who go to the UK and after their studies apply for Australia or Canadian PR.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by Munamoqel: 1:16pm On Aug 10, 2022
jesmond3945:
psw is a trap. Trust me it would leave you broke. Unless you land a good job. There is no guarantees that your visa would extended to a work visa.
hmm
Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by Munamoqel: 1:18pm On Aug 10, 2022
jesmond3945:

God bless you. Lalasticlala seun mynd44 justwise frontpage. We need to educate our people so that they make an informed decision not based on what they see on social media. Times have changed, UK is very strict on immigration.
please do over 100m Pounds have left Nigeria in the name of japa to uk .a lady that earns around 2m per month has been struggling to get job and Dont want to do care job

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by jesmond3945: 1:30pm On Aug 10, 2022
Munamoqel:
please do over 100m Pounds have left Nigeria in the name of japa to uk .a lady that earns around 2m per month has been struggling to get job and Dont want to do care job
look. My dear, many people o. Immigration post brexit is bloody. You would be seeing kids driving good cars, living plush while you slave away. When I go to festivals or events with my kids you won't even see one single black. They are busy in factories and care homes while the white man is enjoying and knacking free kpekus

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by Testpen: 1:41pm On Aug 10, 2022
jesmond3945:
look. My dear, many people o. Immigration post brexit is bloody. You would be seeing kids driving good cars, living plush while you slave away. When I go to festivals or events with my kids you won't even see one single black. They are busy in factories and care homes while the white man is enjoying and knacking free kpekus

My brother very true first and foremost i think there should be a seminar back in Nigeria informing and educating Nigerians its not automatic employment trust me its either you do care work or factory work. be informed and dont go and start resigning from your work observe ask questions before tendering that later.

53 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 10, 2022
jesmond3945:

I noticed this too... i hardly see blacks in the stadium.

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by Munamoqel: 1:56pm On Aug 10, 2022
jesmond3945:
redesigned slave trade / Labour in 21 century obi smart ! No wonder a friend told me I America they look down on factory workers he work in UPS and was standing for 8 hours daily .

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 10, 2022
Munamoqel:
redesigned slave trade / Labour in 21 century obi smart ! No wonder a friend told me I America they look down on factory workers he work in UPS and was standing for 8 hours daily .

My friend in the uk worked in a warehouse for hours as a student and was proud to be able to afford a phone.

As he said, in work, he stands for hours and can only go for break for 5 to 10 minutes, if he clocks in late, his pay are deducted.

In the warehouse, the polish are on top and those guys work like craze.

Anytime, he comes home, he has to put his leg into warm water just to relax it

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by jesmond3945: 2:28pm On Aug 10, 2022
Testpen:

My brother very true first and foremost i think there should be a seminar back in Nigeria informing and educating Nigerians its not automatic employment trust me its either you do care work or factory work. be informed and dont go and start resigning from your work observe ask questions before tendering that later.
You are right and to tell them the correct profession they need to be in to stand a chance.

2 Likes

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by jesmond3945: 2:29pm On Aug 10, 2022
Okonandmary:

I noticed this too... i hardly see blacks in the stadium.

the only people who try to enjoy are our women and our kids but at the back and blood of our men. Our men dont even have time for themselves. Labouring day and night. Is very sad. Our leaders should have concience.

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by jesmond3945: 2:31pm On Aug 10, 2022
Munamoqel:
yea. Me personally I want to drive 2022 model of any car I want to. I don't want to settle for less because I dey oyibo man country.

16 Likes

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by jesmond3945: 2:32pm On Aug 10, 2022
grin
Okonandmary:

My friend in the uk worked in a warehouse for hours as a student and was proud to be able to afford a phone.

As he said, in work, he stands for hours and can only go for break for 5 to 10 minutes, if he clocks in late, his pay are deducted.

In the warehouse, the polish are on top and those guys work like craze.

Anytime, he comes home, he has to put his leg into warm water just to relax it

1 Like

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by ednut1(m): 3:06pm On Aug 10, 2022
Realteeyee123:
Really interesting and educative thread

Personally I don't like the UK due to issues of ease of residing there after studies. Australia, Canada, Germany and few other countries have transparent Immigration laws and it's a bit easier to reside legally after studies compared to the UK

australia has been playing hanky panky too since 2020. They keep changing shortage list thereby making some students hopeless

13 Likes

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by Honlucas: 3:08pm On Aug 10, 2022
justwise i sight u
biko reply this comment
Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by Gerrard59(m): 3:23pm On Aug 10, 2022
Double post
Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by ednut1(m): 3:26pm On Aug 10, 2022
sweetmelanin:
A child who has never left his father's compound will think his father's own is the biggest. I'm saying this in the context of Africa because Nigerians have this superiority complex towards other African countries not knowing many of them have surpassed Nigeria in many ways e.g. security, education, way of life etc..

Countries like Ghana, Benin Republic, Rwanda, Kenya, South Africa, Gambia, Cape Verde etc.. the few Nigerians who go to these countries, go there and start displaying foolish arrogance like we are better than them.. like how do you flee your own country that has failed you, yet have the audacity to look down on your fellow Africans who are doing better?

Instead of being humble and relocating to African, Latin American or Carribean countries that are safer & more economically prosperous, Nigerians will instead
seperate from their families, sell their properties, take everything they've laboured for and go and submit it into the hands of the UK government only to get sent back to Nigeria empty handed with a useless degree.

The Nigerians who are enjoying UK today are;
- children (first generation) of those who settled here in the 80s/90s/early 2000s.
- Medical professionals like doctors, nurses.
- Students who come with a 'dependent' spouse who can work while the other studies.

Most single students & every other category of immigrants will unfortunately fall into the carefully crafted scam - the UK immigration policy.
External auditor too. Kpmg, pwc, ey and delliote have taken many Nigerians in the last 4 years
Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:29pm On Aug 10, 2022
Na wa o so there's just 5k work visas and 350k student visas and absolutely no one is talking about this. It's all the new dispensation updates on twitter. Na wa o.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by justwise(m): 3:32pm On Aug 10, 2022
Honlucas:
justwise i sight u
biko reply this comment
Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:33pm On Aug 10, 2022
Gerrard59:

But she's right about Latin America. I rather relocate to Mexico than go to the UK. At least I am assured of a job and a citizenship in 3 years. With a Mexican citizenship I can work in the USA on a TN visa or work in Canada too. Spending 20 million selling everything to go to the UK when you aren't even assured of a job that can sponsor you after your studies dey one kind.

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by Gerrard59(m): 3:34pm On Aug 10, 2022
My issue with the UK is that the economy isn't that big. It's an English-speaking country, thus higher competition from Indians, Chinese, other Anglophone Africans, Americans, Australians and other Europeans. The solutions are:

- study in a top university, not those with funny-sounding names.
- opt for relevant courses and jobs that are plentiful in the industry.
- practice aptitude tests your industry requires. A Nairalander wrote here how he graduated from the University of Toronto and was frequently called upon to write aptitude tests but kept failing them. He had to work menial jobs while learning leetcode. Upon learning leetcode to a great extent, he reapplied and got to the final stages of recruitment processes. At the end, he got a job with a FAANG firm.

He studied MSc Computer science, a good course. Went to UoT, a great university. Graduated with good grades. Was always invited for tests but kept failing, the problem. So as you choose the UK, factor those things. Also, the route to permanent residence and eventual citizenship is long o compared to the US, Australia and Canada. shocked

Another issue is the having a set of firms being allowed to accept workers rather than every company being allowed. This is where Canada, the US, Germany and other countries are different. Also, the various visa schemes indicate the British government wants many people to flood the system, thereby making firms to be very selective, picking only the best and brightest.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by Gerrard59(m): 3:40pm On Aug 10, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

But she's right about Latin America. I rather relocate to Mexico than go to the UK. At least I am assured of a job and a citizen in 3 years. With a Mexican citizenship I can work in the USA on a TN visa or work in Canada too. Spending 20 million selling everything to go to the UK when you aren't even assured of a job that can sponsor you after your studies dey one kind.

Very few Mexican universities teach in English.

13 Likes

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by ednut1(m): 3:56pm On Aug 10, 2022
Gerrard59:

Ednut1,

Na true you talk o. shocked

This seems to be Phrakleen.
the guy is using reverse Psychology to promote his YouTube page. Uk no favour am yet he refused to leave lol

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by pixey(m): 4:36pm On Aug 10, 2022
sweetmelanin:
A child who has never left his father's compound will think his father's own is the biggest. I'm saying this in the context of Africa because Nigerians have this superiority complex towards other African countries not knowing many of them have surpassed Nigeria in many ways e.g. security, education, way of life etc..

Countries like Ghana, Benin Republic, Rwanda, Kenya, South Africa, Gambia, Cape Verde etc.. the few Nigerians who go to these countries, go there and start displaying foolish arrogance like we are better than them.. like how do you flee your own country that has failed you, yet have the audacity to look down on your fellow Africans who are doing better?

Instead of being humble and relocating to African, Latin American or Carribean countries that are safer & more economically prosperous, Nigerians will instead
seperate from their families, sell their properties, take everything they've laboured for and go and submit it into the hands of the UK government only to get sent back to Nigeria empty handed with a useless degree.

The Nigerians who are enjoying UK today are;
- children (first generation) of those who settled here in the 80s/90s/early 2000s.
- Medical professionals like doctors, nurses.
- Students who come with a 'dependent' spouse who can work while the other studies.

Most single students & every other category of immigrants will unfortunately fall into the carefully crafted scam - the UK immigration policy.
So on point this is why I really hate the British government. Their immigration policy is just too fraudulent in nature. Nigerians don't realise this. There is also their deceitful and systematic racism. I would rather go to Germany.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by 1stGenAmerican(f): 6:10pm On Aug 10, 2022
Munamoqel:
as a suggestion I think more discussion on the reality should be on the travel section . a lot of banks and travel agent are misleading and making money from the POF thing .! I am surprised that a person refused to share the risk associated with low funds and huge hope ! Student visa is not japa visa .Japa in the 90 means thing like work visa , immigration visa etc.!

Yes, banks and travel agents do mislead potential migrants however when the same people are given sound advice, they refuse to heed it. You’re right, there should be more discussion but there should also be more people willing to listen to sound advice rather than calling someone who gives honest opinions jealous and evil. All of the questions asking the minimum for feeding and accommodations are very telling because the POF requirements consist of estimates and calculations of what it will realistically take to survive. It’s not a figure that the foreign government just pulls out of thin air and most of the people who attempt it on less than the required amount experience hardship.
One of the biggest problems with not finding a job is that Nigerians don’t believe in networking, especially with non-Nigerians. Joining student organizations and attending activities outside of class time is more important than people think. If one is overly busy working or “hustling” while in school, s/he is cheating him/herself because the right connections and level of socialization is just as important as the degrees and GPA. A person you may meet and socialize with by chance in your first year may actually be the person who will open a door of opportunity after you receive your degree. Mentorship is also important and can get you in where you need to be.
The UK does make it hard but can you admit that people set themselves up for failure?

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by sammirano: 6:13pm On Aug 10, 2022
UK is a scam, immediately I saw their visa fees I just laugh, another MMM, Nigerian's are being fooled twice, first precolonial and now. When una go get sense? UK has nothing to offer, even the commonwealth na to gather una commonwealth to UK

48 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Crocodile Chops Off Tourist's Leg In A Lake In Uganda (Graphic Pics) / Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' / 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.