Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,458 members, 7,954,795 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:36 AM

I Want To Own A School - Advise Me - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Want To Own A School - Advise Me (962 Views)

My Boss Nags Each Time Its Time To Pay Salary. Please Advise Me. / Advise Me Pls/ Emdee Shipping & Maritime College / Please Advise Me Ican/acca And Oracle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Own A School - Advise Me by seyidamzy(f): 8:49pm On Aug 15, 2007
i am new here and needs your candid advice.

i studied educational management up to masters level with the dream of owning a school. i currently work in a school where i am gathering experience (poorly paid though).

we (i and my husband) have a plot of land in Badore lekki and four plots of land in Afero village in lekki with the plan of developing a school on them. from creche to secondary school.

i intend to start with daycare/creche in badore and i need your advice on how to start and make it work.

1- can i start from the flat we are developing

2- how many hands do i need

3- will it work considering the fact that the area is fully residential

3- do i rent a place in a commercial area where people can keep their kids and go to work

4- do i wait till the proper structure which is suppose to be 12 classrooms per floor be ready

please advise me appropiately and God bless your wisdom
Re: I Want To Own A School - Advise Me by ssRhino: 1:34am On Aug 17, 2007
Although, i am not too familiar with that in nigeria, but i will assume that in a residential area, u should be able to have a nice day care do well, however, there would be need for you to provide some good ammenities for the kids to play with, if possible, get a nice van, air conditioned and a great environment for the kids to play, some toys and make sure that your area, house being used is super clean,
I wish you all the best, you and your husband, i love to see husband and wife doing things together, cos most nija men are block heads, always thinking the woman's office in only in da kichen, give ur husby a good kiss jare
Re: I Want To Own A School - Advise Me by iebelieve(m): 1:27am On Dec 28, 2013
@OP.
School business is good business, if only u knw how to profit from it...or else, you will live indebted and probably work for the banks.

Starting a school business is good but you must NEVER make the mistakes other school owners have made or are making....

With your qualificatn and training or experience, the school system has trained you Only to be a good school teacher, hence you have been equipped with teaching methods and lesson note formats. BUT to run a successful school, you need more than that...the only experience u may have that i will respect is if you have had HM or principal position experiences...but above that, maybe i should just say, you need to learn, unlearn and relearn.
What ever location u start your school from is infinitesimal but there are consequences/challenges to deal with on whatever area u strt.

..... To us @Geniuskrool, when we have young aspiring school owners like you to work with, what we do is to first help them

1. Remove the norm/conventional school from their thinking and create in them the picture of a 21st century school (with a kind of teachers, environment, school events and programes, etc

2. Open their minds to the business of owning a school beyond the passion to teach/impact some young pupils or students.what we call, the business in school business

3. Create the content strategy: that will position the school and create the difference between your school and every other comeptitor: government schls, missionary/muslims schls, other private schools.Every of these schools have an advantage and belong to a class of their own.

.....a single post like this cannot clarify all doubts or set all records straight, hence there might be a need to fix a focus meeting where we can table and SWOT-MAP your options.

My name is Believe iboyi-imoni, am the principal consultant: Geniuskrool: a school consultant and development strategist firm.pls contact us..we will be glad to help you run a profit and academically vibrant school

Email:geniuskrool@gmail.com.
Tell.08093759013

Pls, before u call, read this: www.geniuskrool..com

(1) (Reply)

Recent Ccnp Materials / Is It True? / Iaec Tsp Result Is Out:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.