Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,313 members, 7,815,569 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Which IT/COMPUTER Skills Or Training Can Someone Have Now For The Future ? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Which IT/COMPUTER Skills Or Training Can Someone Have Now For The Future ? (513 Views)

The Future Of Programming Language / Programming Not Enough Anymore: Data Analysis, Ml And A.i Is The Future. / Will There Still Be A Need For Programmers In The Future? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which IT/COMPUTER Skills Or Training Can Someone Have Now For The Future ? by onatisi(m): 5:58am On Aug 10, 2022
hello all, please i will like to know which computer skill, knowledge or training one need to have now in order to meet future changing job demands.
surely we have to look at the candidate and the environment
the first category of candidates is a teenager (13-15) , just about to finish secondary school, what IT SKILLs can one choose for him or her?

the second person is an adult, tech-savvy, but just basic computer operations with an academic background in building technology, but willing to learn IT SKILLS for employment purposes globally not only for the Nigerian market.

please all advice and opinions will be greatly appreciated
Re: Which IT/COMPUTER Skills Or Training Can Someone Have Now For The Future ? by Lordpeckxy(m): 8:01am On Aug 10, 2022
For the teen: Mobile app/web development
For the adult: Data Science || Software Engineering

1 Like

Re: Which IT/COMPUTER Skills Or Training Can Someone Have Now For The Future ? by TastyFriedPussy: 9:37am On Aug 10, 2022
Keyboard bombing.. Every day, a new client is born... Go learn how to bomb. E get why.

2 Likes

Re: Which IT/COMPUTER Skills Or Training Can Someone Have Now For The Future ? by lovelybobo: 10:01am On Aug 10, 2022
when it comes to IT or Computer skills, find out what you are good at and this is the take off point. This applies to everybody irrespective of age. Consider the following questions and this will help make an informed decision.
1 What I am good at, can it be done or enhanced using computer and how?
2 What I am good at, can it be done using an exiting software application program (Corel Draw, Excel, AutoCAD etc)
3 What I am good at, can it be done or enhanced using Cloud computing or Edge computing (This direction of technology now)
4 What I am good at, can it be done or enhanced using any known programming language (PHP, Python, SQL etc)
5 What I am good at, what is the basic entry level requirement to enable me use it and earn some cash (Naira or Dollar)
6 What I am good at, where do I want to use the skills (Locally or Internationally)
7 What I am good at, does it have any form of certification to validate knowledge or skillset
8 What I am good at, How much do I want to earn with the skills and what level of expertise do I want to attain (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, Expert)

Note:
1 Any thing that can be done using computer which allows another person in a different location to see your work and review it can bring money into your pocket.
2 Any office that exist in the cloud means there is no onsite office anywhere, everybody works remotely.

Lastly, I have a very good friend who studied Accounting and uses Microsoft Excel very well and he makes millions out of Excel here in Nigeria. Mastery is the Keyword. Be very good at whatever you do. kings will soon invite you to the table for launch.

Shalom!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which IT/COMPUTER Skills Or Training Can Someone Have Now For The Future ? by TastyFriedPussy: 4:49pm On Aug 10, 2022
onatisi:
hello all, please i will like to know which computer skill, knowledge or training one need to have now in order to meet future changing job demands.
surely we have to look at the candidate and the environment
the first category of candidates is a teenager (13-15) , just about to finish secondary school, what IT SKILLs can one choose for him or her?

the second person is an adult, tech-savvy, but just basic computer operations with an academic background in building technology, but willing to learn IT SKILLS for employment purposes globally not only for the Nigerian market.

please all advice and opinions will be greatly appreciated
you don't choose something for someone no matter how young he/she is..did he/she tell you that they want to learn IT? Na so una go dey force children to do wetin them no wan do just for una own selfish gain.. That was how my father forced me to go and study pharmacy five years ago after what his friends told him, instead of the computer science I wanted to study then. Now I'm a dropout because I couldn't continue the useless course and he's been putting all the blame on me.. Abeg, stop forcing career paths down people's throats even if they are your children, just because you think there is money in it..if they don't have a passion for IT, or never personally told you they want to study any computer science related course, abeg, don't force it down their throat..better ask them what career path they want based on their passion and anything they say should be final..

Rubbish
Nigerians and their stupid follow,follow, copy, copy mentality..

And moreover, there is nothing like COMPUTER SKILL. IT is not a skill you just go with drinks to any tailor, or shoe maker to learn, it is a live long career path just like medicine, pharmacy, nursing and the rest..

Why not look for any nursing, medicine or pharmacy skill for them to learn for the future.
Rubbish

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which IT/COMPUTER Skills Or Training Can Someone Have Now For The Future ? by onatisi(m): 5:12pm On Aug 10, 2022
thank you sire for your opinion and advice .
TastyFriedPussy:
you don't choose something for someone no matter how young he/she is..did he/she tell you that they want to learn IT? Na so una go dey force children to do wetin them no wan do just for una own selfish gain.. That was how my father forced me to go and study pharmacy five years ago after what his friends told him, instead of the computer science I wanted to study then. Now I'm a dropout because I couldn't continue the useless course and he's been putting all the blame on me.. Abeg, stop forcing career paths down people's throats even if they are your children, just because you think there is money in it..if they don't have a passion for IT, or never personally told you they want to study any computer science related course, abeg, don't force it down their throat..better ask them what career path they want based on their passion and anything they say should be final..

Rubbish
Nigerians and their stupid follow,follow, copy, copy mentality..

And moreover, there is nothing like COMPUTER SKILL. IT is not a skill you just go with drinks to any tailor, or shoe maker to learn, it is a live long career path just like medicine, pharmacy, nursing and the rest..

Why not look for any nursing, medicine or pharmacy skill for them to learn for the future.
Rubbish

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Find A Friend I Lost Contact With? / Learning Coding With Your Phone / Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.