Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,662 members, 7,959,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 09:02 AM

The Future Of Programming Language - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / The Future Of Programming Language (2057 Views)

I Gave Up On Programming. I'm Tired Of Programming. I Need To Rest. / MTN Momo Hack: The Dangerous Aspect Of Programming No One Tells You About / Mathematics As Backbone Of Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Future Of Programming Language by Sulele04(m): 2:09pm On Jul 03, 2020
systems programming: rust will replace c++ it is just a matter of time. If you want to pursue a career at this field start learning rust but dont dump cpp because rust will be the new cpp while cpp will be the new assembly.
application programming : to be an all round expert at providing end user application.learn kotlin, java,swift and javascript. If you master these languages the sky is the limit for you when it comes to application development.
worthy mentions:
blockchain programming: learn solidity it is the way forward.
data science:learn julia or r it is the way forward
machine learning and ai: haskell and lisp are the way forward
game programming: c++(unreal engine,unity) is still the king of this area, but i forsee rust dethroning it.

python is not a language for the future it is simply to slow, also whltespaces python is good at readability but is very difficult to maintain. Except some drastically changes happen to pvm i dont see that changing.

feel free to add.

1 Like

Re: The Future Of Programming Language by Sulele04(m): 2:30pm On Jul 03, 2020
remember do not use sentiment in picking a programming language for your career." You dont sell what you want you sell what the market want " it is undisputed that javascript is the best for web development, you cant just wake and start using r for web development because you like r. Like all programming languages and hate none, the market doesnt look into sentiment

3 Likes

Re: The Future Of Programming Language by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 03, 2020
C++ is not going anytime soon. Have you seen C++ 20's features. Rust is not even an object oriented language, it should look to dethroning C (which is almost impossible since it is slower than C).

2 Likes

Re: The Future Of Programming Language by Coder2Client(m): 3:26pm On Jul 03, 2020
Sorry, are you an expert in all of these languages or you just copied and pasted what other have said on other forums?

2 Likes

Re: The Future Of Programming Language by Arg0n(m): 3:56pm On Jul 03, 2020
How is python hard to maintain?
Re: The Future Of Programming Language by Sulele04(m): 10:47pm On Jul 03, 2020
SegFault:
C++ is not going anytime soon. Have you seen C++ 20's features. Rust is not even an object oriented language, it should look to dethroning C (which is almost impossible since it is slower than C).
my brother it is undisputed the power of cpp, but no matter the changes that happens to cpp. Memory leaks are its biggest undoing, it really hard to program safe in cpp, where as in rust you dont need to worry about anything. Rust by the way is faster than c argue with your computer. the only edge cpp have over rust is the large userbase and many lib which is achieved over time.
Re: The Future Of Programming Language by Taofeekdboy(m): 1:41am On Jul 04, 2020
Sulele04:
systems programming: rust will replace c++ it is just a matter of time. If you want to pursue a career at this field start learning rust but dont dump cpp because rust will be the new cpp while cpp will be the new assembly.
application programming : to be an all round expert at providing end user application.learn kotlin, java,swift and javascript. If you master these languages the sky is the limit for you when it comes to application development.
worthy mentions:
blockchain programming: learn solidity it is the way forward.
data science:learn julia or r it is the way forward
machine learning and ai: haskell and lisp are the way forward
game programming: c++(unreal engine,unity) is still the king of this area, but i forsee rust dethroning it.

python is not a language for the future it is simply to slow, also whltespaces python is good at readability but is very difficult to maintain. Except some drastically changes happen to pvm i dont see that changing.

feel free to add.
Though everyone is opinionated but for the second paragraph saying python is not a language of the future is what I can disagree on.
Python has been topping the list of the best programming languages for years and still revelant and hotcake in tech industry till this moment. Though, some people do say it is very slow but I don't think it is totally true because every language has its weakness and strength.
C++, Java and the likes all have their weaknesses. Java is not secured but that doesn't make it not suitable.
I have been using python for web development,
Machine learning and so far I haven't encountered its slowness on web development.
Maybe desktop applications or mobile app development but it does not make it a language not for the future.

1 Like

Re: The Future Of Programming Language by Sulele04(m): 7:07am On Jul 04, 2020
Arg0n:
create an application in python and try to constantly mantain it then you will understand the disadvantage of whitespace
Re: The Future Of Programming Language by Sulele04(m): 7:22am On Jul 04, 2020
@Taofeekdboy
firstly,python can neva top the list for the best programming. Because there is no best programming language.
i must tell you havnt harness the full power of the web by using python.
just try php i promise you will dump python.
the day i finally agreed that python is a damn tortise, was the day i ran neural net on python it was fucking slow it took forever. Python can never be used in real life ml applications it sucks .

even scripting area sef python is a no for me, bash and perl are already satisfying my heart desires.

python is not the best at anything it does. It is a jack of all trade master of none.
after this decade it will outgrow its usefulness
Re: The Future Of Programming Language by Arg0n(m): 7:48am On Jul 04, 2020
Sulele04:
just try php i promise you will dump python.
the day i finally agreed that python is a damn tortise, was the day i ran neural net on python it was fucking slow it took forever. Python can never be used in real life ml applications it sucks .

even scripting area sef python is a no for me, bash and perl are already satisfying my heart desires.

python is not the best at anything it does. It is a jack of all trade master of none.
after this decade it will outgrow its usefulness
hehehe... I can tell u really hate python. All these ur ranting na based on personal feelings.

Anyways, because you dislike something doesn't make it useless.
It obvious that you can't use one language for everything. That's why there are others.
Coding no be fight.
Just because a sword can't cut down a tree doesn't make it more useless than an axe.

Use the language that you feel is best. But don't condem others nd start unnecessary arguement.

1 Like

Re: The Future Of Programming Language by Sulele04(m): 7:57am On Jul 04, 2020
Arg0n:

hehehe... I can tell u really hate python. All these ur ranting na based on personal feelings.

Anyways, because you dislike something doesn't make it useless.
It obvious that you can't use one language for everything. That's why there are others.
Coding no be fight.
Just because a sword can't cut down a tree doesn't make it more useless than an axe.

Use the language that you feel is best. But don't condem others nd start unnecessary arguement.
all point i stated are facts not an argument,python is not a standout performer in any area argue with your computer.
i do not like or hate any language, but i hate the hype around python because it is not real.

python is simply not a language for the future, i give python a decade people will outgrow the hype.
Re: The Future Of Programming Language by Arg0n(m): 8:43am On Jul 04, 2020
Sulele04:

all point i stated are facts not an argument,python is not a standout performer in any area argue with your computer.
i do not like or hate any language, but i hate the hype around python because it is not real.

python is simply not a language for the future, i give python a decade people will outgrow the hype.

Assumptions are not facts. Personal Opinions are not facts.
Unless you've carried out multiple tests across multiple environments in multiple scenarios, you can't say its a fact.

If you'd passed ur points as a personal opinion, people might reason with u. But u're saying it like its a universal truth and it must be accepted. Now thats just wrong.

4 Likes

Re: The Future Of Programming Language by Brukx(m): 8:58am On Jul 04, 2020
Sulele04:
create an application in python and try to constantly mantain it then you will understand the disadvantage of whitespace
*Python is like the most readable programming language.
* Python's syntax is the closest to normal English language.
*You don't have to use semicolons in python
*Python is dynamically typed. This makes coding very quick
How is it hard to maintain?
I do agree that it is slow though

2 Likes

Re: The Future Of Programming Language by Sulele04(m): 10:17am On Jul 04, 2020
Arg0n:

Assumptions are not facts. Personal Opinions are not facts.
Unless you've carried out multiple tests across multiple environments in multiple scenarios, you can't say its a fact.

If you'd passed ur points as a personal opinion, people might reason with u. But u're saying it like its a universal truth and it must be accepted. Now thats just wrong.

facts are undisputed, can you dispute my points no.
it is not a personal opinion that python is dreadfully slow, and it no master of a particular area .
even data science sef julia is the best performance wise.
Re: The Future Of Programming Language by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 04, 2020
Sulele04:
my brother it is undisputed the power of cpp, but no matter the changes that happens to cpp. Memory leaks are its biggest undoing, it really hard to program safe in cpp, where as in rust you dont need to worry about anything. Rust by the way is faster than c argue with your computer. the only edge cpp have over rust is the large userbase and many lib which is achieved over time.
Rust faster than C. The bloodiest lie ever. Chai C that is closer to Assembly abegii. C has no safety in place and no extra strings attached which means it will be faster than any other language, I have researched a lot on languages.

1 Like

Re: The Future Of Programming Language by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 04, 2020
Brukx:

This is very true.
Re: The Future Of Programming Language by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 04, 2020
Arg0n:
Leave am. He just wants to argue what does not make sense. I'm sure his one of these developers that don't even understand what goes on behind the scenes of compilation.

1 Like

Re: The Future Of Programming Language by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 04, 2020
Sulele04:
I am sure you have never read C code on Github. Python maintains one syntax style and one syntax style only which ensures readability. All python application source code always look the same so this is a blatant lie.

2 Likes

Re: The Future Of Programming Language by hardebayho(m): 12:28pm On Jul 04, 2020
Taofeekdboy:

Though everyone is opinionated but for the second paragraph saying python is not a language of the future is what I can disagree on.
Python has been topping the list of the best programming languages for years and still revelant and hotcake in tech industry till this moment. Though, some people do say it is very slow but I don't think it is totally true because every language has its weakness and strength.
C++, Java and the likes all have their weaknesses. Java is not secured but that doesn't make it not suitable.
I have been using python for web development,
Machine learning and so far I haven't encountered its slowness on web development.
Maybe desktop applications or mobile app development but it does not make it a language not for the future.

Bro, what are you on? I didn't read the rest of your post and stopped at where you said Java is not secure. Java might be anything else, buh not secure? Bring any other programming language that offers better security than Java out of the box... Don't say that again ooo

3 Likes

Re: The Future Of Programming Language by hardebayho(m): 12:34pm On Jul 04, 2020
Brukx:

Bro, most of the statements you made here are not true. Python is NOT the most readable PL. I think Javascript tops that list. Till now, I can't look at a python source file without getting an eyesore. Did you say closest to English language? Aswear, that's all hype. I've been working with many programming languages for a while now and I must say that even though python is easy to learn, it's not easy to maintain programmes written with the language
Re: The Future Of Programming Language by hardebayho(m): 12:45pm On Jul 04, 2020
SegFault:

I am sure you have never read C code on Github. Python maintains one syntax style and one syntax style only which ensures readability. All python application source code always look the same so this is a blatant lie.

Wait ooo. Is there another python language apart from the one I know? When I started learning it, I used to open some files bundled with the Ubuntu operating system to try to see whether I can understand some of the code. My dear, it was somehow. It still is somehow when I'm reading python code
Re: The Future Of Programming Language by Taofeekdboy(m): 12:55pm On Jul 04, 2020
hardebayho:

Bro, what are you on? I didn't read the rest of your post and stopped at where you said Java is not secure. Java might be anything else, buh not secure? Bring any other programming language that offers better security than Java out of the box... Don't say that again ooo

Maybe, you need to read more on Java and you will surely understand that Java has issues with security. All programming languages have their strength and weakness. I am not even here to argue with any one on programming language.
Use what suits you.
Kalas.
Re: The Future Of Programming Language by hardebayho(m): 1:00pm On Jul 04, 2020
Taofeekdboy:

Maybe, you need to read more on Java and you will surely understand that Java has issues with security. All programming languages have their strength and weakness. I am not even here to argue with any one on programming language.
Use what suits you.
Kalas.

What is Kalas? The only time I ever hear that is when Jinder Mahal delivers his finishing maneuver smiley
Re: The Future Of Programming Language by Sulele04(m): 1:06pm On Jul 04, 2020
SegFault:

Rust faster than C. The bloodiest lie ever. Chai C that is closer to Assembly abegii. C has no safety in place and no extra strings attached which means it will be faster than any other language, I have researched a lot on languages.
Rust is faster than c whether you accept it or not, also i think you dont You have ever programmed in c or cpp. If not you will know that buffer overflow and memory leaks are your worst nightmare.
not only is rust faster than c it also does not have memory leaks.
rust just need time it will replace cpp or c.
Re: The Future Of Programming Language by Arg0n(m): 1:57pm On Jul 04, 2020
This guy matter don tire me jhor... tongue

1 Like

Re: The Future Of Programming Language by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 04, 2020
Sulele04:

Rust is faster than c whether you accept it or not, also i think you dont You have ever programmed in c or cpp. If not you will know that buffer overflow and memory leaks are your worst nightmare.
not only is rust faster than c it also does not have memory leaks.
rust just need time it will replace cpp or c.
I face them everyday, bro. And please rust in its wildest dreams can never surpass C stack overflow guys could kill you for saying this. Why do you think OS developers use C, even new operating system writers still use C few use rust for anything. A language that has to ensure memory safety is what you are comparing with a language that does not care about that, go and argue with Linus Torvalds nah.

1 Like

Re: The Future Of Programming Language by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 04, 2020
Arg0n:
This guy matter don tire me jhor... tongue
I swear rust faster than C. Python unreadable, pfft make them go read Linux source code first nah, that is what unreadable and hard to maintain is.

1 Like

Re: The Future Of Programming Language by Arg0n(m): 2:06pm On Jul 04, 2020
SegFault:

I swear rust faster than C. Python unreadable, pfft make them go read Linux source code first nah, that is what unreadable and hard to maintain is.

cheesy cheesy
Re: The Future Of Programming Language by Arg0n(m): 2:06pm On Jul 04, 2020
Re: The Future Of Programming Language by Sulele04(m): 3:48pm On Jul 04, 2020
SegFault:

I face them everyday, bro. And please rust in its wildest dreams can never surpass C stack overflow guys could kill you for saying this. Why do you think OS developers use C, even new operating system writers still use C few use rust for anything. A language that has to ensure memory safety is what you are comparing with a language that does not care about that, go and argue with Linus Torvalds nah.
Re: The Future Of Programming Language by InfinityFabric: 3:55pm On Jul 04, 2020
SegFault:
Haha, not surprised Madam SegFault is supporting C++.
The entire existence of Rust is based on preventing Segfaults /s

Let us see where it goes, but with C++20, it seems the committee is on a winning streak like Man United and AMD right now.
With C++23 (Executors and Networking please..., Reflection v1, Pattern matching v1 maybe), C++26 Rust will need more than hype.

If you're going to kill C++, u'd better look like C++.

Edit (2022): It turns out the Committee ain't gonna do Networking (ever?), Reflection (psst!). At this point, cpp needs update/upgrades beyond standard. Maybe cppfront/cpp2 will do that

2 Likes

Re: The Future Of Programming Language by hardebayho(m): 8:04pm On Jul 04, 2020
SegFault:

Its not like Linus could've used Rust to create Linux na. I mean, Linux has been existence WAY before rust. I don't think rust is faster than C though. I think it might have a chance against C++. C is like their grandfather or something

(1) (2) (Reply)

UI And OAU Proof Of English Proficiency (certificate Of Medium Of Instruction) / How To Modify Simple Machine Forum (SMF) / C/C++ Doctor: Get Help In Writing C/C++ Programs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.