Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Dead! But Not "Dead" - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Dead! But Not "Dead" (292 Views)

The Duo Of Passion And Skills: Uche Chika, Author Of I’m Not Dead Yet / A Book For All: I'm Not Dead Yet By Uche Chika (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dead! But Not "Dead" by Prince12Eddie(m): 8:54am On Aug 10, 2022
Good morning everyone!

Here is another beautiful fictional write up. It's a twisted story. It's original and it's created by me.

© Edidiong Uwah

I got home at the eve of the day, only to realize something hurting.

My baby brother had destroyed the screen of my laptop. I left the laptop charging in the sitting room this afternoon, I was out for a birthday party in a club.

I was so furious, I left for the room where he lays. I found him playing on the bed with his toys.

I began to scold him with my words, but it seemed he was literally engrossed in playing with the toys. He acted as if nobody stood before him.

Out of annoyance, I held his right ear, pulled it in a manner that would hurt him alittle.

To my earnest surprise, he didn't move abit. He didn't react to that action of mine. He was still playing.
Could it be, the method of discipline doesn't hurt him anymore? I asked myself.

Just then, my mom rushed into the room. I greeted her but she didn't respond to my greetings, neither did she act like I was in the room.

She picked up my baby brother from his bed...
"Darling, I got a distress call from the hospital. It's pertaining your eldest brother. We have to get to the hospital now" she said.

My baby brother nodded his head in agreement, as if he understood my mom's words. They left the room in a jiffy.

But I'm home, I thought to myself. I'm not in the hospital.

It then dawned on me that I had died in the hospital, some minutes before my mom received the call.

I had a ghastly motor accident while returning from the club house, I was taken to the hospital where I gave up the ghost.

My spirit returned home but my body lay lifeless in the accident and emergency ward.

My body was dead but my spirit lived on.

A TWIST!
Re: Dead! But Not "Dead" by Bam17(f): 6:37pm On Aug 19, 2022
Damn cry cry

The way you make me feeling emotional with your stories cry

(1) (Reply)

33 Tips For Better And Consistent WRITING: / If You Are A Writer, Come In Here For A Quick Gig / Mrs Rodriguez - Feather's Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.