Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,585 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

How Much Does Your Husband Earn? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Does Your Husband Earn? (6609 Views)

Does Your Husband Complain About Your Cooking? Share Your Experience. / Does Your Husband Help With The Child At Night? / Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 06, 2011
The power of a woman. See as woman change Richvkunt from a loving man to a monster grin

Umu nwanyi kwezuonu, ya gazi'ere unu cool. Richvkunt, oga di'ri gi na nma n'afor'a inu? Akanchawa ka'iga ne'nwe.
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 06, 2011
jennykadry:

embarassed embarassed embarassed I was told that I need deliverance from shoes and bags buying.

Bia dafidi e be like say you have become a prophet grin grin Good guess

I have experience with women pillaging their salaries to indulge in bags, shoes, jeans, ear rings, necklaces . . . then turning around to ask me to gas their cars! shocked
Hand over that check biko, i will give u pocket money every week . . . the children need college investments.
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 06, 2011
ifyalways:

^
LOL.I intentionally did not quote your reply to glamglam.
See his response to your divorce confession:
Your rushing to edit that post of yours proves one thing . . .you are amongst other things a coward.  cool
. . .As per your rants,I understand how bitter you are and can only wish you better days.
BTW,was the divorce that bad  undecided

EDIT?v
You are fond of twisting a lot of things to suit yourself.
As I once told you whatever I say on these threads is me,so I have no need to edit anything.
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by harakiri(m): 8:35pm On Aug 06, 2011
@richvkunt, I dey feel u jare. A pal of mine is going through hell right now after he stoopidly revealed to his wife the 3 properties he owns (blocks of four flats each) and he acquired these before he even met her. He is now paying the price of transparency coz all she does now is cook up one story or the other to rip him off . Someone who was happy with N50k monthly now brazenly demands for N350k without blinking. People who never knew he had anything now know he has something (even his brothers never knew until madam spread the news with her basket mouth). The guy is totally tired of her incessant demands. Its as if she is on a mission to milk him dry. Abeg, make nobody dare yarn say "not all women are like that". You are ALL exactly that and its sickening. I don't envy married guys at all. Una dey try. Marriage na real bondage FOR MAN.
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 06, 2011
harakiri:

@richvkunt, I dey feel u jare. A pal of mine is going through hell right now after he stoopidly revealed to his wife the 3 properties he owns (blocks of four flats each) and he acquired these before he even met her. He is now paying the price of transparency coz all she does now is cook up one story or the other to rip him off . Someone who was happy with N50k monthly now brazenly demands for N350k without blinking. People who never knew he had anything now know he has something (even his brothers never knew until madam spread the news with her basket mouth). The guy is totally tired of her incessant demands. Its as if she is on a mission to milk him dry. Abeg, make nobody dare yarn say "not all women are like that". You are ALL exactly that and its sickening. I don't envy married guys at all. Una dey try. Marriage na real bondage FOR MAN.

My brother,thank you.
The reason why most women on this forum dislike me and my comments is because I give them pure undiluted truth,which they do not like.
Women stop living in denial,learn the truth and let it set you free.
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 06, 2011
harakiri:

na wa o. makes you wonder if one should get married at all.
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by ifyalways(f): 9:11pm On Aug 06, 2011
LOL
Congregation of frustrated men.men that have been dealt with by women.ROFL

God would make all rough roads smooth oneday.
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by harakiri(m): 9:22pm On Aug 06, 2011
@richvkunt, women worldwide HATE to hear the cold truth so don't let that get under your skin. As a once married man, you already know them e.g the woman will eat carelessly,become humungously obese with disgusting protuding stomach and after battling to fit into a dress that was her size at the time she bought it, she'll ask her husband "DO I LOOK FAT IN THIS?". You can imagine the nonsense! As if her plump eyelids have becone bloated to the extent she can't see the monster standing before the mirror. If the guy says "HOLY CRAP! WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU? YOU LOOK LIKE A COW! ! !". . .she'll start acting as if the guy glued all the fat on her BUT if he says "GIRL, I'VE NEVER SEEN YOU LOOK SO BEAUTIFUL". . .she'll smile knowing he's lying (and she knows she's as pretty as rhinocerous). My point is, they can't stand the truth. It pisses them of.
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Aug 06, 2011
ifyalways:

LOL
Congregation of frustrated men.men that have been dealt with by women.ROFL

God would make all rough roads smooth oneday.

Are these ones men or crybabies?! Real men know how to handle their women no matter how difficult
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 06, 2011
davidylan:

na wa o. makes you wonder if one should get married at all.

Brother man,
I have nothing against marriage or falling in love for people who believe in such mushy stuff.However reveal your true details of account at your own risk!Revealing your true account details will lead to you being crushed under the weight of all the imagined problems from your wife and her family.
A word is enough for the wise.
I know my true brothers are feeling me on this one.
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Aug 06, 2011
Richvkunt:

Brother man,
I have nothing against marriage or falling in love for people who believe in such mushy stuff.However reveal your true details of account at your own risk!Revealing your true account details will lead to you being crushed under the weight of all the imagined problems from your wife and her family.
A word is enough for the wise.
I know my true brothers are feeling me on this one.

Really? I think it depends on how you both choose to work with your finances though. This idea of men just taking care of the home while you have no idea what she earns or does with her money is now a relic of the past. I much rather prefer both put the money in a joint pot then together decide on what gets financial priority, what gets to go into savings, what goes for investments e.t.c. that way both are fully aware of where the family resources are going and where they need to cut back.

naijababe:

Are these ones men or crybabies?! Real men know how to handle their women no matter how difficult

Real men do their best to "handle" their women . . . half the time you people label those men as abusers who dont allow their wives their "individuality" you cant have it both ways. The lucky men are those who married sincere loving partners.
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by harakiri(m): 9:42pm On Aug 06, 2011
@naijababe, you are not a man,will never be a man and can never think like a man and as such, you know nothing about what being a real man is. Talk about things you know about e.g the fairytale surrealities that make your world in fantasy island.
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 06, 2011
harakiri:

@naijababe, you are not a man,will never be a man and can never think like a man and as such, you know nothing about what being a real man is. Talk about things you know about e.g the fairytale surrealities that make your world in fantasy island.
davidylan:

Real men do their best to "handle" their women . . . half the time you people label those men as abusers who dont allow their wives their "individuality" you cant have it both ways. The lucky men are those who married sincere loving partners.

Just so you know, your third leg is not what makes you a man. I repeat again, if you are unable to handle your your woman, it means you are not a man. Simples
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 06, 2011
naijababe:

Just so you know, your third leg is not what makes you a man. I repeat again, if you are unable to handle your your woman, it means you are not a man. Simples

Some women are just devils, unfortunately even their fathers would have a hard time "handling" them.
This claim is too simplistic, it doesnt take into consideration so many factors. How do you handle an incorrigibly deceitful and uncaring woman? Should you beat her, divorce her or endure in silence?
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Aug 06, 2011
davidylan:

Some women are just devils, unfortunately even their fathers would have a hard time "handling" them.
This claim is too simplistic, it doesnt take into consideration so many factors. How do you handle an incorrigibly deceitful and uncaring woman? Should you beat her, divorce her or endure in silence?

I should be asking you now. Aren't you the man anymore?
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by harakiri(m): 10:04pm On Aug 06, 2011
@davidylan. . . Being open about finances,having joint accounts and assets together sounds good and blissful but the reality is, at some point it might get ugly (especially if things aren't so good with income earning and the marriage). If you and your wife earn the same salary, she'll still expect you to bring the larger share to the table (some don't even release theirs and if you complain, then they label you as not being a "real man"). Dude, you need to be married to understand how messed it can be. The day you get a raise, you get more money demands. Whether she earns or not doesn't matter. I am not married but a lot of my buddies are and some of them who keep nothing from their wives live in regret now. I gave an example earlier. That guy has known no peace ever since he opened up to her. In her mind, she doesn't see why they should manage in the "midst of plenty". Na so woman brain dey "reason"
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 06, 2011
harakiri:

@davidylan. . . Being open about finances,having joint accounts and assets together sounds good and blissful but the reality is, at some point it might get ugly (especially if things aren't so good with income earning and the marriage). If you and your wife earn the same salary, she'll still expect you to bring the larger share to the table (some don't even release theirs and if you complain, then they label you as not being a "real man"wink. Dude, you need to be married to understand how messed it can be. The day you get a raise, you get more money demands. Whether she earns or not doesn't matter. I am not married but a lot of my buddies are and some of them who keep nothing from their wives live in regret now. I gave an example earlier. That guy has known no peace ever since he opened up to her. In her mind, she doesn't see why they should manage in the "midst of plenty". Na so woman brain dey "reason"

but harakiri, i thought many of these issues were sorted out BEFORE marriage? I thought we should be agreed on how finances are handled, what accounts go for what bills, how much is put aside for savings or investments for the kids . . . should have been agreed upon BEFORE each committed their lives together? I think that is the problem, too many people getting married with this fantasy of love without using their heads to think of tomorrow. Women who act like you describe already showed signs BEFORE they married you, you just ignored them.

I'm way too realistic to allow the "love" fantasy get in the way of raising my kids in a well-rounded family environment.
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Aug 06, 2011
davidylan:

but harakiri, i thought many of these issues were sorted out BEFORE marriage? I thought we should be agreed on how finances are handled, what accounts go for what bills, how much is put aside for savings or investments for the kids . . . should have been agreed upon BEFORE each committed their lives together? I think that is the problem, too many people getting married with this fantasy of love without using their heads to think of tomorrow. Women who act like you describe already showed signs BEFORE they married you, you just ignored them.

I'm way too realistic to allow the "love" fantasy get in the way of raising my kids in a well-rounded family environment.

Brother man,
Women always change the rules of the game half way through the match.
Please ask people who know.
Before you know it you have a whole brood of vipers sucking your financial lifelines.
Never let a woman know your true finances-You have been warned.
Goodluck and goodnight!
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by harakiri(m): 10:23pm On Aug 06, 2011
@davidylan. . . Its good to have a positive stance towards the fast approaching future but its much better to be prepared for both the good,bad and ugly scenarios that MIGHT rear its head. Anything short of that is outright delusion (take no offense at my language. . . I gatz nuff respect for you on nl). Focusing on the blissful future without at least one backup plan is like having a ticking time bomb attached to your back with no fail-safe(you can hear it ticking but since you can't see the timer,you have no idea when it will go off). Any honest woman will tell you that "the character a woman presents BEFORE marriage is totally different from what she exhibits afterwards" and in that regard, it wouldn't be wise of you to hold in high regard agreements that were made PRIOR to the marriage and as such, its best credited as being null and void. Na tru yarn I dey give u so.
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Aug 06, 2011
Richvkunt:

Brother man,
Women always change the rules of the game half way through the match.
Please ask people who know.
Before you know it you have a whole brood of vipers sucking your financial lifelines.
Never let a woman know your true finances-You have been warned.
Goodluck and goodnight!

then i suggest you choose your spouse VERY CAREFULLY. Big b@@bs and a fine face are not the end of the story. A stable, independent family is also part of the equation. Besides for those sucking your financial lifeline . . . i suppose you're the one giving out the money right? Since they are not going to draw your funds from the bank themselves . . . when do you put your foot down and say no?

harakiri:

@davidylan. . . Its good to have a positive stance towards the fast approaching future but its much better to be prepared for both the good,bad and ugly scenarios that MIGHT rear its head. Anything short of that is outright delusion (take no offense at my language. . . I gatz nuff respect for you on nl). Focusing on the blissful future without at least one backup plan is like having a ticking time bomb attached to your back with no fail-safe(you can hear it ticking but since you can't see the timer,you have no idea when it will go off). Any honest woman will tell you that "the character a woman presents BEFORE marriage is totally different from what she exhibits afterwards" and in that regard, it wouldn't be wise of you to hold in high regard agreements that were made PRIOR to the marriage and as such, its best credited as being null and void. Na tru yarn I dey give u so.

I partially agree with you, but this is where you come in as the man . . . the family plays by your rules and nothing else.
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by MrsSiena1(f): 10:37pm On Aug 06, 2011
I know how much he earns even while we were dating cos we are both signatories to our joint-account. Its only a foolish woman that would open her mouth and shout to the whole world the number of properties her husband owns. Funny enough I use to tell my husband that his money is our money but my money is mine. Lol.

I think couples shouldnt hide how much they earn from each other. When one partner starts hiding such matters from the other then there are other things he/she is hiding too.
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by harakiri(m): 10:46pm On Aug 06, 2011
@davidylan. . . Richvkunt has said all that needs to be said plus it ain't about pretty faces and "assets" coz deep down, they are all the same (some are more subtle than others). And about "choosing carefully?" Dude, no man plans to marry a mad raving lunatic but women are unbeatable in pretense and deciet. A harlot on the street can transform herself into a jehovah witness god loving saint if she sees the right mugu to fall for it. All these men getting divorced all the world NEVER planned it that way and a lot of them "searched carefully" like you suggested,dated for years,studied her character,background and went all out private detective but in the end,$hhit happens man. Look, everybody believes there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow and everybody believes they'll "get it right". I prefer to face the good,bad and ugly head on. No surprises. My signature on nairaland says it all. Nuff said! ! !
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by Nobody: 3:03am On Aug 07, 2011
Lol dafidi don enter one chance with these women  bashers. Lol , these people will never reason with anybody but themselves.

Dafidi, do you believe that all men cheat?
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by Nobody: 3:08am On Aug 07, 2011
jennykadry:

Lol dafidi don enter one chance with these women  bashers. Lol , these people will never reason with anybody but themselves.

Dafidi, do you believe that all men cheat?

nna these guys can talk you into refusing to marry. If not that i have seen women who absolutely respect their husbands and go out of their way to make the home a place of joy for their families, i would have bought into the rhetoric.

I dont believe all men cheat, its a matter of how much respect you have for your woman and the vows you made to her when you married her.
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by Nobody: 3:19am On Aug 07, 2011
I hope richv reads your posts. He was of the opinion that all men cheat.

Lol, we know them on this section naaa, harakiri, richvkunt, bashydemy et al. Bloody women bashers.

Harakiri does not believe in marriage and has said he'll never get married so, save your good points for the marriage materials. Lol
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by Nobody: 3:34am On Aug 07, 2011
jennykadry:

nah, i grew up around men who have been 100% faithful to their wives even in the bad times so i know there are millions of men who have developed the self-discipline to keep themselves from other women. I think the "all men cheat" excuse is given by those who have absolutely convinced themselves they WILL be interested in cheating later on should the opportunity present itself.

jennykadry:

Lol, we know them on this section naaa, harakiri, richvkunt, bashydemy et al. Bloody women bashers.

Harakiri does not believe in marriage and has said he'll never get married so, save your good points for the marriage materials. Lol

Like some women, many men go into marriage with very little ideas of what to look for in a wife. She's fine and i love her is not enough.
I dont understand men who complain that they have to maintain their wife's family after marriage . . . its not like you were not aware BEFORE you married her. That is usually my first flag, if you have a family that i know will be looking to rely on me for their needs then we will certainly just be a short term arrangement for my pleasure.
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by Glamglam(f): 10:47am On Aug 07, 2011
Wow! Richvkunt and harakiri, you guys must have had a very bad experience. But to actually say that all women do the same is unreal. Similarly, I can't turn around and say all men cheat!

The way you guys have criticised women, I'm seriously wondering how you could remain straight. . .

If you keep something as trivial as money from your wives, goodness knows what else you keep a secret too. I think the prayers of most women is that they meet a man who is capable of taking care of their needs and show love as well be a loving companion. Otherwise why do you think rich women do marry when they have all the money, more than they will ever need.

Any man that commits himself to a long-term relationship or marriage and expects the woman will only rely on her earnings and the man doing same is clearly living in fantasy land.

That said, I wonder what Richv and harakiri's solution is to this problem apart from staying clear of marriage?
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Aug 07, 2011
Glamglam:

Wow! Richvkunt and harakiri, you guys must have had a very bad experience. But to actually say that all women do the same is unreal. Similarly, I can't turn around and say all men cheat!

The way you guys have criticised women, I'm seriously wondering how you could remain straight. . .

If you keep something as trivial as money from your wives, goodness knows what else you keep a secret too. I think the prayers of most women is that they meet a man who is capable of taking care of their needs and show love as well be a loving companion. Otherwise why do you think rich women do marry when they have all the money, more than they will ever need.

Any man that commits himself to a long-term relationship or marriage and expects the woman will only rely on her earnings and the man doing same is clearly living in fantasy land.

That said, I wonder what Richv and harakiri's solution is to this problem apart from staying clear of marriage?

First of all are you male or female?
At the bolded:Does it mean that everyone who disagrees with your point of view has got to be g.ay?
I have nothing against marriage for those who want to commit,please read all my posts on NL-It is not rocket science!
All I am simply saying is that a man who exposes his bank finances to his partner is courting trouble-that is my opinion and I stand by it!You are free to have a contrary opinion.
PEACE!
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 07, 2011
davidylan:

nah, i grew up around men who have been 100% faithful to their wives even in the bad times
so i know there are millions of men who have developed the self-discipline to keep themselves from other women. I think the "all men cheat" excuse is given by those who have absolutely convinced themselves they WILL be interested in cheating later on should the opportunity present itself.

Like some women, many men go into marriage with very little ideas of what to look for in a wife. She's fine and i love her is not enough.
I dont understand men who complain that they have to maintain their wife's family after marriage . . . its not like you were not aware BEFORE you married her. That is usually my first flag, if you have a family that i know will be looking to rely on me for their needs then we will certainly just be a short term arrangement for my pleasure.

100% faithful?
How can you prove this brother man?
Were you with these men every second of their lives?
These men you talk about are they dead,because if they are not dead and are still living,you cannot conclude that at some point in time in the future they will not cheat on their partners,neither can you categorically conclude that somewhere in the past these"faithful" men have not cheated on their partners.
Like I said before I wish you go luck,but be careful,cause a little voice keeps telling me that somewhere in the future you WILL remember this little conversation.
PEACE!
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 07, 2011
jennykadry:

[size=8pt]Lol, we know them on this section naaa, harakiri, richvkunt, bashydemy et al. Bloody women bashers.[/size]

Jenny,
Nice to know I have a fan in you who looks forward to my posts with anticipated breath.Thank you for always reading me,However I do not bash women,infact some of the most memorable days of my life have been spent in the arms of women-but that does not mean I will not tell them the truth.
Women are always in self denial-My partner will never do that-my partner will never cheat on me-My husband can not sleep with our house maid-My husband has declared the true figures in his account to me-Blah.Blah.Blah!-
I give women a different dimension to think about with my posts-(If it can happen to your neighbour-why can't it happen to you?)
I am sorry if I offend most women on this forum,but I will keep saying the truth.
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by harakiri(m): 1:57pm On Aug 07, 2011
@glamglam and davidylan. . . If spitting the cold truth about women equals being a woman basher, then I am guilty as charged. Davidylan is talking about guys he knows that are "happy" in their marriages as if he sleeps in their bedroom every night. Look, the pals I have display the aura of happily married men to the public and act as if marriage is the best thing to happen to them but its guys like me who are close them they spill their pains and regrets to. They put up the "happy" facade because they don't want to be seen as failures. You my friend davidylan have a whole to learn and trust me, one day you will read through these posts and laugh at your naivety. I don't dislike women but I know their true nature and it would take a hurricane katrina of convincing for me to even consider signing my life away via dotted lines. I can have all the kids I want without the bondage of marriage. I can live with a woman without shackling myself with vows that don't mean $hit. I am a realist and not a daydreamer. You all believe that a broken marriage is not your portion as if divorced people aren't sane human beings. One day, the scales will fall off your eyes and you'll realize there's more to marriage than what hollywood and romance movies tell you. Trust me on that. And for those half wits who are quick to label guys like me who spit cold reality as "sad broken hearted men", you are dead wrong. I have had very few relationship mishaps but I learn from others. A wise man learns from his mistakes but it takes a wiser man to learn from the mistakes of others. Na people like una go carry std before una remember condom. Keep dwelling in self delusion. Una eyes go clear one day.
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 07, 2011
^^^
TRUTH!
Realistic and well thought out post.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Men Plis Stop This Its Embarassing / / In Need Of A Househelp Agency(or House Help)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.