Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,300 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

How Government Officials Facilitated $1.2bn Crude Oil, Gas Theft – Vanguard - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Government Officials Facilitated $1.2bn Crude Oil, Gas Theft – Vanguard (15704 Views)

How Obiano Facilitated The Transfer Of James Nwafor Back To Awkuzu / Presidency Source Lied — Azura $1.2bn Deal Was Signed In August 2015 - TheCable / T.Y Danjuma Worth $1.2bn, Owns International Hotels – Bloomberg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Government Officials Facilitated $1.2bn Crude Oil, Gas Theft – Vanguard by newcommer: 8:58am On Aug 11, 2022
where is twentyfivekobo? What do you have to say about this now
Re: How Government Officials Facilitated $1.2bn Crude Oil, Gas Theft – Vanguard by simplesearch: 8:58am On Aug 11, 2022
It is glaring Nigeria is not broke at all. It is people entrusted with the benefit of leading us in one capacity or the other who keep stealing and stockpiling our resources for themselves and their unborn generation. We need a courageous leader to search out and convert this loots wherever they may be found back into the countries coffer.

2 Likes

Re: How Government Officials Facilitated $1.2bn Crude Oil, Gas Theft – Vanguard by NEUDUDE: 8:58am On Aug 11, 2022
No wonder agbado and cassava is shouting, Emilokan grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Government Officials Facilitated $1.2bn Crude Oil, Gas Theft – Vanguard by brandsoncharlie: 8:59am On Aug 11, 2022
Moferere:
Every day you realise that the scam in Nigeria is greater than imagined undecided
Yet some mumu Nigerians are saying we can’t build refinery and get stable electricity.

2 Likes

Re: How Government Officials Facilitated $1.2bn Crude Oil, Gas Theft – Vanguard by Niftykid: 9:04am On Aug 11, 2022
Though hand join with hand, the wicked & heartless ones shall not go unpunished. The heart of man is desperately wicked, for who can know it

2 Likes

Re: How Government Officials Facilitated $1.2bn Crude Oil, Gas Theft – Vanguard by fashrola(m): 9:06am On Aug 11, 2022
This news is really true.... I work offshore and I cry blood out of my eyes when I see crude oil tankers loading million barrels of crude oil undocumented.... See eh, Corruption in Nigeria is deeply rooted and this is in collaboration with the IOCs in Nigeria

9 Likes

Re: How Government Officials Facilitated $1.2bn Crude Oil, Gas Theft – Vanguard by Lazenby007(m): 9:11am On Aug 11, 2022
I can only just imagine how wealthy Nigeria is

2 Likes

Re: How Government Officials Facilitated $1.2bn Crude Oil, Gas Theft – Vanguard by lexy2014: 9:11am On Aug 11, 2022
dre11:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/08/how-govt-officials-facilitated-1-2bn-crude-oil-gas-theft-source/

theraregem1 okefranci nonpartisan1 splitmind vedaxcool NGpatriot lovenorth officialgarri seunmsg helineus freestuffsng janetudeh aufbauh lordviccodaguru shooyie benuejosh BATified2023 zionstaar75 ibadeHQ blackpanda leodeking seunmsg staphylococcus imperialyoruba wowcatty jollylolly shooyie spherica177 cognitivereason....

It seems buhari/osinbajo and APC have done an amazing job with the economy. May I ask, has buhari been able to save one Kobo since becoming president?

Is this what Tinubu and shettima say they want to continue?

3 Likes

Re: How Government Officials Facilitated $1.2bn Crude Oil, Gas Theft – Vanguard by ransomed: 9:13am On Aug 11, 2022
Now I understand the full meaning of Emilokan, it is BAT turn to enjoy the shipment.
Atiku left his base in Dubai to come and drag for his own shipments.
It shall never be well with the wicked.

4 Likes

Re: How Government Officials Facilitated $1.2bn Crude Oil, Gas Theft – Vanguard by Goodman247: 9:14am On Aug 11, 2022
Nigeria country of thieves grin

1 Like

Re: How Government Officials Facilitated $1.2bn Crude Oil, Gas Theft – Vanguard by socialjustice93: 9:18am On Aug 11, 2022
Sometimes I'm tempted to support the call for the outright disintegration of this country cry.. the corruption in this country is so enormous shocked
check my sig below if you're interested

3 Likes

Re: How Government Officials Facilitated $1.2bn Crude Oil, Gas Theft – Vanguard by hadex90(m): 9:21am On Aug 11, 2022
Nigerian youths need to ask question, stage a protest. We need to be united now more than ever. Please let's forget tribalism or religious differences, we are Nigerian before we become Yoruba or Igbo or Hausa. Divide and rule is their game, let's best them at their game. The power we hold when we are united is great, they know these that's why they don't want us to see it. EndSars was a freestyle, let's take back our country. Let's show them we are not lazy, let's fight for Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: How Government Officials Facilitated $1.2bn Crude Oil, Gas Theft – Vanguard by RZArecta(m): 9:21am On Aug 11, 2022
Hahahaha grin I said let them allow Dieziani come back and defend herself, they refused. Maga even went to court to stop her coming to Nigeria to defend herself. Oya, let them open their own books, dem no born them well grin

1 Like

Re: How Government Officials Facilitated $1.2bn Crude Oil, Gas Theft – Vanguard by SocialJustice: 9:24am On Aug 11, 2022
okeysoninv:
who ever believed that Nigeria 400k barrels of crude oil are stolen daily by bunkering should have his head examined.
Seeing the figures, any sensible person should know government officials are the ones stealing.

2 Likes

Re: How Government Officials Facilitated $1.2bn Crude Oil, Gas Theft – Vanguard by Nobody: 9:28am On Aug 11, 2022
Typical.

Don't fight corruption, this is what happens. Stealing enmasse.

At the end, it predates this administration, and will continue when this admin is gone.

I reckon a good way of stopping this...digitalisation.

2 Likes

Re: How Government Officials Facilitated $1.2bn Crude Oil, Gas Theft – Vanguard by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 11, 2022
SpecialAdviser:
One guy was replying me on why Universities cannot sustain itself because Students are not paying higher school fees. Nonsense

1.2 billion dollars is about 700 billion naira...give or take a few billion. ASUU is fighting for 3.1 billion dollars in extra funding...on top of the regular funding they get for universites, over 2-3 years as per 2009 agreement (and the sum should be higher)

Universities need monies in the trillions of naira. even far more than what ASUU is asking for....if we want first world type universities that have enough facilities and stuff...and still be able to pay fees below $500 a year.

Plus, if the money was not stolen...is it only on university that we will spend it? Other sectors too need cash. Health, sports, even primary and secondary schools.
Re: How Government Officials Facilitated $1.2bn Crude Oil, Gas Theft – Vanguard by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:33am On Aug 11, 2022
This article is a complete lie.
Honestly what is wrong with journalism in this country .
For a theft of this magnitude to occur, every single top government official will be in the know.
The terminals are in the PDP state, the federal is APC , are you telling me they all collaborated.

We have oil theft but not at this magnitude, do people even know what is 800,000 barrels , not to talk of 800,000 barrels missing daily.

How many tankers can cargo it without it being obvious.

I tire for journalist on Nigeria
Re: How Government Officials Facilitated $1.2bn Crude Oil, Gas Theft – Vanguard by timefarm(m): 9:37am On Aug 11, 2022
fashrola:
This news is really true.... I work offshore and I cry blood out of my eyes when I see crude oil tankers loading million barrels of crude oil undocumented.... See eh, Corruption in Nigeria is deeply rooted and this is in collaboration with the IOCs in Nigeria
You are right. The IOCs will take advantage of corrupt officials here to do corrupt deals that will be more profitable to them afterall, they are only after money.

That is where you respect China, where government control is very effective.

2 Likes

Re: How Government Officials Facilitated $1.2bn Crude Oil, Gas Theft – Vanguard by persius555(m): 9:38am On Aug 11, 2022
APC continued from where PDP left. The two parties are two sides of a coin. Unfortunately, an average Nigerian is too blinded by religion and tribalism

2 Likes

Re: How Government Officials Facilitated $1.2bn Crude Oil, Gas Theft – Vanguard by Bizibi(m): 9:38am On Aug 11, 2022
Proudlyngwa:
For a theft of this magnitude to occur, every single top government official will be in the know.
The terminals are in the PDP state, the federal is APC , are you telling me they all collaborated.

We have oil theft but not at this magnitude, do people even know what is 800,000 barrels , not to talk of 800,000 barrels missing daily.

this one is small sef...... corruption is normal now.

1 Like

Re: How Government Officials Facilitated $1.2bn Crude Oil, Gas Theft – Vanguard by chinyce(m): 9:39am On Aug 11, 2022
We know this Already. From the Days of OBJ, GEJ and now the shocking Maniquin.

Old News.

2 Likes

Re: How Government Officials Facilitated $1.2bn Crude Oil, Gas Theft – Vanguard by ukahrawah: 9:40am On Aug 11, 2022
This is why Fulani is insisting that Nigeria's unity is non negotiable. Except a sane and sensible president takes over in 2023, this looting will cripple Nigeria permanently.

3 Likes

Re: How Government Officials Facilitated $1.2bn Crude Oil, Gas Theft – Vanguard by 2tpick: 9:42am On Aug 11, 2022
hadex90:
Nigerian youths need to ask question, stage a protest. We need to be united now more than ever. Please let's forget tribalism or religious differences, we are Nigerian before we become Yoruba or Igbo or Hausa. Divide and rule is their game, let's best them at their game. The power we hold when we are united is great, they know these that's why they don't want us to see it. EndSars was a freestyle, let's take back our country. Let's show them we are not lazy, let's fight for Nigeria.

Lolzzz... inasmuch as you succeeded in passing your messgae, u also succeeded in misinforming your audience. Whoever told you that we were Nigerians before we became yoruba or igbo or hausa was just joking and never knew you will take it serious. Well just know.that the reverse is the case.

1 Like

Re: How Government Officials Facilitated $1.2bn Crude Oil, Gas Theft – Vanguard by Itzurboi(m): 9:43am On Aug 11, 2022
And no money to pay ASUU and solve other important needs like refineries, improved electricity... Well, no problem...

2 Likes

Re: How Government Officials Facilitated $1.2bn Crude Oil, Gas Theft – Vanguard by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 11, 2022
persius555:
APC continued from where PDP left. The two parties are two sides of a coin. Unfortunately, an average Nigerian is too blinded by religion and tribalism

More like both parties are made up of people who are known very well at the local and national level. People vote for who they know and see. Serious politicians join big parties...where they can network, and meet influential people. Not 'new parties'

I used to support the NCP. (Gani Fawehimni's party if you will). NCP had a presence only in Lagos, and the newspapers. No one knew what the party was outside those two areas. Hence, they kept losing elections by wide margins. Never even got a single governor or representative elected. (I faintly remember they got a councilor at LGA once. I may be wrong.).

If all the minority/other parties got together, and united, and did mobilization...they could unseat APC and PDP...but all the minority parties have their own agenda and ideas and won't compromise and fight among themselves.

1 Like

Re: How Government Officials Facilitated $1.2bn Crude Oil, Gas Theft – Vanguard by Cognitivereason: 9:47am On Aug 11, 2022
these are the works of government officials in cooperation with oil companies... from the article...it not just a crime perpetuated by Nigerians alone, but Oil companies including the almighty Shell which has been accused of extreme amount of corruption including under reporting their oil production, Oil marketers are also involved as well as foreign countries..

If Nigeria isnt aware of such things you cant tell me where ever this shipments end up..the host countries arent aware..they also protect these loots to their advantage and stylishly discourage what ever will bring an end

There is also a much bigger scam in petroleum importation and subsidies...the day Ngozi Iweala wanted to expose this..It cost her the death of her mother...GEJ had to bow to pressure and pay the subsidies that were withheld at that time..

Corruption is deeply rooted in Nigeria..sometimes fighting it brings greater problems especially when It is not a sector government as exclusive ownership over, it is better you fix the problems that created room for corruption...in terms of petroleum importation...Dangote needs to finish his plant , same with FG and the portharcourt refinery...and subsidies has to be removed..once the prices synchronizes with our neighboring countries then ..there will be no need for any one to fake papers for petrol he didnt imports..

something synonymous can be done in the upstream sector where oil and gas is produced..No one is saying this thing do not exist..
the over 4 trillion we are spending on subsidizing fuel...if any one thinks that is the actual amount then that person is a phool..
will you now say Buhari should fight the petroleum marketers by withholding funds ..what do you think the marketers will do..

fix the problems first before you fight those who advantage of your problems and monetized it to suit themselves.. this is what Ngozi Iweala didnt do ..she ended up paying the subsidies after losing her mother..

besides this is happening in states that spits fire on APC and the FG..what are their governors doing..such thing cannot happen if there isnt something entering the state government's hand... state governments in this current decades is where the vast majority of corruptions occur because..they are the least investigated and the media pays zero attention to them obviously cuz their 36 in number..it easier to throw full weight on the FG which attracts clicks..

lexy2014

1 Like

Re: How Government Officials Facilitated $1.2bn Crude Oil, Gas Theft – Vanguard by Realtalk20: 9:51am On Aug 11, 2022
And you wonder why the common masses have said no to Atiku and Tinubu? This is exactly their type of legacy...

We want Peter Obi not those rouges ..

1 Like

Re: How Government Officials Facilitated $1.2bn Crude Oil, Gas Theft – Vanguard by slowice(m): 9:52am On Aug 11, 2022
Brethrens, we need Peter Obi.

Nigerias problem is deeper than we know, we need a man who's not given to corruption at the helm firstly before we can actively arrest this sort of mess.

The usual gang members won't stop it, they are only coming to chop their own share and cover the misdemeanors of their colleagues.

Let's try something totally different from the usual else their may be no Nigeria.

I don't envy Peter Obi at all, if he wins, it will be one hell of a work for him and his team

2 Likes

Re: How Government Officials Facilitated $1.2bn Crude Oil, Gas Theft – Vanguard by jaxxy(m): 9:55am On Aug 11, 2022
Criminals destroying this country for selfish agenda on Buhari's watch.

2 Likes

Re: How Government Officials Facilitated $1.2bn Crude Oil, Gas Theft – Vanguard by BluntCrazeMan: 9:56am On Aug 11, 2022
dre11:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/08/how-govt-officials-facilitated-1-2bn-crude-oil-gas-theft-source/
This is similar to those in Government hammering on Vote-buying at the Polling-Units those days in 2015 and 2019,, whereas they have already perfected Official Manipulations with the INEC Staff

1 Like

Re: How Government Officials Facilitated $1.2bn Crude Oil, Gas Theft – Vanguard by slowice(m): 9:57am On Aug 11, 2022
Proudlyngwa:

Jon snow this is small sef, you know nothing. Nigeria is run by Gangs of criminals..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cross River Government Imposes Dusk-To-Dawn Curfew In Bakassi, Akpabuyo LGAs / Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport / Okada Riders Damaged 42 Buses – LAGBUS, LAMATA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.