Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Africans - Nigerians END This 21st Century Slavery. They'll Never Like You. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Africans - Nigerians END This 21st Century Slavery. They'll Never Like You. (1354 Views)

Lagos Ride Is An Advanced Slavery Scheme - Otaigbe Imadegbelo / 15th Century Benin City Was Finer And Safer Than London - British Study / Sondos al-Qattan Losing Brands After Her ‘Slavery’ Comments Went Viral (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Africans - Nigerians END This 21st Century Slavery. They'll Never Like You. by Zeekaycn(m): 1:11pm On Aug 11, 2022
Is it that people don't know how to live freely, peacefully and happily in Nigeria? Yes I agree that there are so many challenges in Nigeria but I tell you for free, Nigeria is the most free country in the world. You can become anything you want.

I don't understand how someone with over N10million will spend all that money searching for green pastures, to me you are already on a fresh green pasture.

This is a total scam, you spend so much money educationing yourself to work for people (Whites) who don't even have your level of education.

The huge money you spend educating yourself goes to their purse, you graduate and work to better their economy.

I think Africa is really sponsoring the well being of the Western world. Back home we use all our savings to buy gadgets, expensive cars and phones. Cars that we don't even have roads to drive them. They keep releasing new version of phones, imagine people using expensive phone for a show off. Don't we think our monies are still going back to where these luxuries are imported from?

Celebrities keep upgrading their garages without employable investment. If I talk they will say what concerns you. If you know the amount of money going out from Nigeria alone for importation of phones you will cry. Yes phones are useful but using phone that worth 500k or above while you are earning below 150k is waste, subscription not even included.

We keep blaming government for making live difficult but when we manage raise money we can't invest. We have empty land everywhere, no farming, foodstuffs are getting scarce now, but someone will prefer to raise like 5million to go and do care job abroad.

I'm tired with black man mentality cry cry cry cry

15 Likes

Re: Africans - Nigerians END This 21st Century Slavery. They'll Never Like You. by etrange: 2:11pm On Aug 11, 2022
Hhmm... interesting thread.

I believe people are leaving mostly cause of the infrastructure and stability. I mean, who's going abroad to be liked by the Whiteman? Africans mostly mingle with Africans abroad. Financial planning is just extremely difficult in Nigeria even at a personal level. Abroad, you can predict how much you'd spend on transportation, power, groceries, etc. Many things are constant. Your taxes work for you and you get the support your business needs. In Nigeria, luck plays more roles than it should. Your cold room (frozen food) business could easily collapse because of the epileptic power supply or accidents cause by bad roads or poorly trained drivers. Even when you're lucky, you'd still have to pay your way through the corrupt system.

Let's not even talk about security. Is Nigeria really free? At a point, a black man in the racist America became safer than a black man in Maiduguri. We have people in the North who police your religion, your haircut, the way you dress, etc. Gay people are criminalized on the basis of religion and they're about to pass a bill against cross dressing. A man can easily wake up and kick out a woman that has dedicated a good deal of her life to raising his family. Women are excluded from inheritance. Politicians are above the law. Tribes are fighting tribes. Religions are fighting religions. The list is endless.

Yes, I agree that we are our own problem. But on the other hand, people move for economic reasons. They go to where thier skills will fetch them more values. The mere difference in currency value is already a big factor. This is because the things we consume are produced in a different currency and that undermines the value of our hard earned money. So I don't really blame those leaving. Go wherever you feel you're more equipped to make it. Let those that see the opportunities in Nigeria explore it.

21 Likes

Re: Africans - Nigerians END This 21st Century Slavery. They'll Never Like You. by justwise(m): 3:46pm On Aug 11, 2022
Zeekaycn:
Is it that people don't know how to live freely, peacefully and happily in Nigeria? Yes I agree that there are so many challenges in Nigeria but I tell you for free, Nigeria is the most free country in the world. You can become anything you want.

I don't understand how someone with over N10million will spend all that money searching for green pastures, to me you are already on a fresh green pasture.

This is a total scam, you spend so much money educationing yourself to work for people (Whites) who don't even have your level of education.

The huge money you spend educating yourself goes to their purse, you graduate and work to better their economy.

I think Africa is really sponsoring the well being of the Western world. Back home we use all our savings to buy gadgets, expensive cars and phones. Cars that we don't even have roads to drive them. They keep releasing new version of phones, imagine people using expensive phone for a show off. Don't we think our monies are still going back to where these luxuries are imported from?

Celebrities keep upgrading their garages without employable investment. If I talk they will say what concerns you. If you know the amount of money going out from Nigeria alone for importation of phones you will cry. Yes phones are useful but using phone that worth 500k or above while you are earning below 150k is waste, subscription not even included.

We keep blaming government for making live difficult but when we manage raise money we can't invest. We have empty land everywhere, no farming, foodstuffs are getting scarce now, but someone will prefer to raise like 5million to go and do care job abroad.

That joke is not funny

16 Likes

Re: Africans - Nigerians END This 21st Century Slavery. They'll Never Like You. by Lastbornbuns: 4:20pm On Aug 11, 2022
Zeekaycn:

You could start the process undecided
How is the government not making life difficult? Is there any justifiable excuse for ASUU strike? What you expect these students that have been at home for 15 months in the past 2 years to do? How do you expect us to feel when we see the ruling class going to this same West, that you don't want us to go to, celebrating with their graduating kids?
Why won't I blame the government? Is it my fault that I've been at home for 15 months in the past 2 years? Is it my fault the government is "broke" but can cough out money to fund luxurious "aid" to a neighbouring country and fund expensive trips all over the world? Is it my fault that bandits and kidnappers have taken over? They're even in Abuja, the one city that's supposed to be the most secure!

Who do you expect to go to farm when they don't know when bandits/unknown gunmen will come around? If you manage to farm, cattle will help you harvest the fruit of your labour. If by chance, your harvest is bountiful, how will you transport it? Through the hole-riddled roads? Or the bandit-occupied rails? We're currently in rainy season. Do you know how the roads turn to bodies of water during this time? When you finally get to the market and sell your produce, you discover that its not even enough for a decent lifestyle not to talk of being enough for the next farming season

But of course! It's not the government's fault citizens don't feel safe in their "homeland". It's not the government's fault Universities have been shut since the beginning of this year. Its not the government's fault more than 60% of the youth are unemployed (lazy youth! WHen thEre are eMptY fArMlaNds undecided never mind they don't have the tools to farm with). It's not the government's fault that the exchange rate is deep down in the trenches. No, its the fault of all the average men and women in Nigeria that can't even eat 3 times a day, some can't even afford a roof over their head, whose only thought is what next to do to keep body and soul together.

Nigeria a free country indeed. Where lawyers and their aides, journalists, etc are harassed for speaking out.
Who wan travel make e travel, as far as its legal and well thought out. Who wan remain, make e remain. My mates in private universities are already doing nysc preparing to japa and we, that can't afford it, are here checking daily for news on ASUU strike and you have the mind to tell us to farm and not blame the government?

So like this now, you think these students that have been frustrated will want to invest in a sinking ship if they see money? Chukwu ekwela ka my own children check "ASUU strike update 2022" the way I'm doing now. Inukwa farming angry

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Africans - Nigerians END This 21st Century Slavery. They'll Never Like You. by Zeekaycn(m): 5:19pm On Aug 11, 2022
Lastbornbuns:

How is the government not making life difficult? Is there any justifiable excuse for ASUU strike? What you expect these students that have been at home for 15 months in the past 2 years to do? How do you expect us to feel when we see the ruling class going to this same West, that you don't want us to go to, celebrating with their graduating kids?
Why won't I blame the government? Is it my fault that I've been at home for 15 months in the past 2 years? Is it my fault the government is "broke" but can cough out money to fund luxurious "aid" to a neighbouring country and fund expensive trips all over the world? Is it my fault that bandits and kidnappers have taken over? They're even in Abuja, the one city that's supposed to be the most secure!

Who do you expect to go to farm when they don't know when bandits/unknown gunmen will come around? If you manage to farm, cattle will help you harvest the fruit of your labour. If by chance, your harvest is bountiful, how will you transport it? Through the hole-riddled roads? Or the bandit-occupied rails? We're currently in rainy season. Do you know how the roads turn to bodies of water during this time? When you finally get to the market and sell your produce, you discover that its not even enough for a decent lifestyle not to talk of being enough for the next farming season

But of course! It's not the government's fault citizens don't feel safe in their "homeland". It's not the government's fault Universities have been shut since the beginning of this year. Its not the government's fault more than 60% of the youth are unemployed (lazy youth! WHen thEre are eMptY fArMlaNds undecided never mind they don't have the tools to farm with). It's not the government's fault that the exchange rate is deep down in the trenches. No, its the fault of all the average men and women in Nigeria that can't even eat 3 times a day, some can't even afford a roof over their head, whose only thought is what next to do to keep body and soul together.

Nigeria a free country indeed. Where lawyers and their aides, journalists, etc are harassed for speaking out.
Who wan travel make e travel, as far as its legal and well thought out. Who wan remain, make e remain. My mates in private universities are already doing nysc preparing to japa and we, that can't afford it, are here checking daily for news on ASUU strike and you have the mind to tell us to farm and not blame the government?

So like this now, you think these students that have been frustrated will want to invest in a sinking ship if they see money? Chukwu ekwela ka my own children check "ASUU strike update 2022" the way I'm doing now. Inukwa farming angry

If you understand my point your article won't be as long as you put it here. I never said government didn't fail on their part but you should understand that the government is a product of what we've made to believe in Africa. If a politician send their Wards to study abroad, what have their wards become, are they employable, what have their degrees done to our communities back home.

My point is if you could live and raise a reasonable amount that would sponsor your academics overseas, what then can you not become. Most times we get economical wiser when the thought of saving to go abroad comes to mind, we start gathering fun from every angle.

Yes overseas is peaceful and secured that's a bigger scam, they made the environment suitable for subconscious slavery, they pay you with right hand and collect back with left hand.
Re: Africans - Nigerians END This 21st Century Slavery. They'll Never Like You. by Lastbornbuns: 5:40pm On Aug 11, 2022
Zeekaycn:

If you understand my point your article won't be as long as you put it here. I never said government didn't fail on their part but you should understand that the government is a product of what we've made to believe in Africa. If a politician send their Wards to study abroad, what have their wards become, are they employable, what have their degrees done to our communities back home.

My point is if you could live and raise a reasonable amount that would sponsor your academics overseas, what then can you not become. Most times we get economical wiser when the thought of saving to go abroad comes to mind, we start gathering fun from every angle.

Yes overseas is peaceful and secured that's a bigger scam, they made the environment suitable for subconscious slavery, they pay you with right hand and collect back with left hand.
You should understand that once the government has failed, any effort you're making is swimming against the tide. Suffer head no de give award o. To you it's subconscious slavery, to me it's economic stability.
At least I'm sure the government there takes care of their citizens in the face of disaster. I'm sure their presidents are not always "shocked" when they hear of bad news in the country. I'm sure their leaders are not always saying empty words and sending useless condolence messages to families of victims.

During covid lockdown, well meaning individuals and international organisations donated items to aid the people plus the ones the govt claimed they used billions of naira to buy in the name of palliatives. Your leaders locked all of them in warehouses till angry citizens destroyed some of those warehouses and carted them away. That one no follow for slavery? The same cycle of leaders keep getting rotated. The masses keep getting poorer and even more uneducated and you're telling me the "West that is peaceful and secured" is subconsciously enslaving me. Toh! Make them carry me de go

Well, when I was young and naive I used to think this same way grin making plans on how to better Nigeria. But na who de alive and don chop belleful de build country.

15 Likes

Re: Africans - Nigerians END This 21st Century Slavery. They'll Never Like You. by Zeekaycn(m): 5:56pm On Aug 11, 2022
etrange:

I believe people are leaving mostly cause of the infrastructure and stability. I mean, who's going abroad to be liked by the Whiteman? Africans mostly mingle with Africans abroad. Financial planning is just extremely difficult in Nigeria even at a personal level. Abroad, you can predict how much you'd spend on transportation, power, groceries, etc. Many things are constant. Your taxes work for you and you get the support your business needs. In Nigeria, luck plays more roles than it should. Your cold room (frozen food) business could easily collapse because of the epileptic power supply or accidents cause by bad roads or poorly trained drivers. Even when you're lucky, you'd still have to pay your way through the corrupt system.

Let's not even talk about security. Is Nigeria really free? At a point, a black man in the racist America became safer than a black man in Maiduguri. We have people in the North who police your religion, your haircut, the way you dress, etc. Gay people are criminalized on the basis of religion and they're about to pass a bill against cross dressing. A man can easily wake up and kick out a woman that has dedicated a good deal of her life to raising his family. Women are excluded from inheritance. Politicians are above the law. Tribes are fighting tribes. Religions are fighting religions. The list is endless.

Yes, I agree that we are our own problem. But on the other hand, people move for economic reasons. They go to where thier skills will fetch them more values. The mere difference in currency value is already a big factor. This is because the things we consume are produced in a different currency and that undermines the value of our hard earned money. So I don't really blame those leaving. Go wherever you feel you're more equipped to make it. Let those that see the opportunities in Nigeria explore it.

As long as we have relocation option in our minds we will never build our world our Nation suitable for ourselves. ....pick a gun and knife start pursuing a dog for distance, when it gets to a wall it will reverse back and chase you back.

No matter the disasters in the West, they will never pick relocating to Africa as an option. Why? they were raise to believe Africa is not a conducive place to live in.

........If the only room you have is all there is, you will furnish it well.......

Every one billion that leaves Nigeria, it takes us years to recover, cus we ain't exporting anything. Unless crude oil.

4 Likes

Re: Africans - Nigerians END This 21st Century Slavery. They'll Never Like You. by Hannania(m): 6:12pm On Aug 11, 2022
etrange:

The world is a chain of immigration. America is filled with Europeans, and Canada is no mans land. If you want to be patriotic, it's all good.

But some of us have decided to "live and let out generations live".

Moral decadence is the fundamental trait we lack in Nigeria. In as much as the points you made would have been valid, if morals were still in place, but no!! Morals are the worst.

Every well to do nation has a sound educational system. Finland, Norway, Sweden, Luxemburg, Switzerland who are tagged the richest nations and most peaceful, based on per capita income, have an almost 100% educated populace.

The north alone will make you to leave Nigeria. Fanatics, bigots and a lot more instances will show you why in the next 20 years, the north will have 70% of the population of this nation. May I not be here Gods willing to face that.

So migration is a choice, we don't have the foundation, and the structures to build a great country even in the next 50 years, because an average Nigerian has low moral decadence .

About the claim of slavery, well, I'm 100% sure you've not lived at least 2 months in the western world, that's why you think from that perspective.

I'm a Software engineer, I get paid in USD for the value I provide, and my little but valuable contribution is balancing the import.

Our problems are bigger than emotional motivations.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Africans - Nigerians END This 21st Century Slavery. They'll Never Like You. by etrange: 6:40pm On Aug 11, 2022
Hannania:
The world is a chain of imagiration. America is filled with Europeans, and Canada is no mans land. If you want to be patriotic, it's all good.

I think you quoted the wrong person. Lol.

Your post agrees with mine.
Re: Africans - Nigerians END This 21st Century Slavery. They'll Never Like You. by CaveAdullam: 7:25pm On Aug 11, 2022
I sympathize with your courage in writing this. It is a post from an innocent mind wandering here and there. Though shallow.

Zeekaycn:

1. Free in what sense?

Are you even conversant with the economic, security and political play recurring in Nigeria?

Nigeria is not among the most peaceful nation on earth. It is not among the countries with high GDP. It is not among the wealthiest nations. It is not among top investors friendly country. More than 60% of her citizens lives on less than $5dollars daily. International organizations are folding up daily and you say Nigeria is free? Industries has not been springing up and you say Nigeria is free?

Where is the freedom?

Is it the freedom to evade tax? Freedom to defy the judiciary? Freedom to harm your fellow citizens without being apprehended? Freedom to dance like naked monkeys on social media with peurile and nonsensical skits all in the name of content creation and entertainment? Freedom to attack your political leaders on social media? Freedom to vote without having knowledge if your vote was counted? Freedom to disobey law and order without being punished?

What freedom are you talking about?

Or, do you think the challenges are soft because it hasn't reached your door steps? A country where you are afraid to step out and even when you do, your heart is on your palms. You sing for jubilation when you finally come back home because you successfully escaped the harassment from the police, army, thugs and bad roads.

Where there is no law, there is no transgression - Nigeria is a graphical representation of that fact. And if you deem freedom as not following constituted law and order, I dare to say you are illusioned. That's not freedom.

Zeekaycn:
Refer to 1 above.

Nigeria is blessed. But can a man eat a well prepared delicious meal in a house without no roof?

Green pasture and yet the value of currency gets deteriorating. Hyperinflation is the order of the economy. No government subsidy to aid production and exportation. No security of lives and properties. Bad roads. No electricity.

Zeekaycn:

Reverse this pondering of yours: why are developed nations only exporting to your nation and not you?

I will tell you below. Continue reading.

Zeekaycn:
We keep blaming government for making life difficult but when we manage to raise the money we can't invest. We have empty land everywhere, no farming, and foodstuffs are getting scarce now, but someone will prefer to raise like 5 million to go and do care job abroad.

I'm tired of the black man mentalitycrycrycrycry

Before I continue, if you are making use of that large area of land cultivating food and cash crops and rearing animals, you probably would have been among the richest men in Nigeria, and not here ranting and outpouring your lamentations here. Who and what has stopped you from owning the largest farmland in Nigeria? Why are you complaining? Or, are the lands not green enough? Is the nation not secure and free enough?

Lol.

I wanted to tell you something before:

1. Your country, Nigeria, and your continent Africa are under a branded form of colonialism still having America and the European Union as their masters and overlords. Slavery is now politically, economically, mentally, and socially weaponized. No more rods, chains, and whips.

2. Your president and political leaders are mere figureheads. These overlords are the ones in charge of your government and they rule your country by proxy.

3. Your country has been coerced by its overlords into structural adjustment programs and encumbered with loans or debts it can't repay. And the more they default on their repayment, the more the evil tentacles of these overlords spreads.

4. You can't produce and export cars, laptops, phones and quality agricultural produce because your government is either collecting more loans to pay former debts - rob Peter to pay Paul or embezzling the funds to satiate their greed potbellies.

5. Because of the structural adjustment programs, your country can't either subsidize production or encourage it.

6. But Americans and European Union provides subsidies making production and exportation light and easy. Since your products don't meet quality in the international trade center, they will be rejected. By the way, your government is in debt, repaying loans, and embezzling loans, so don't expect subsidy or production.

7. What about the divide and conquer strategy been used by your leaders and overlords to cause conflicts among her citizens.

People can use their money to buy whatever they want to buy and that's their business. Their purchase and pursuit of luxuries is not the problem of Nigeria. You my friend will love to live in a five-star designed home, ride in nice cars, and use the best gadgets.
However, the pursuit of luxury not for its relevance but for fame is utterly stupid - celebrities, corrupt leaders, and myopic citizens.

Until this nation breaks away from the claws of these overlords, Nigeria and Africa will never see the light of day. If greed is not rejected and truth pursued there is no redemption. Because greed and lies are how the power and control game is being played.

The masses and citizens may have their share of the blame, but they are just ignorant pawns on the chessboard of this powerplay.

Nigeria's problem is beyond Nigeria's borders.

Thanks.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Africans - Nigerians END This 21st Century Slavery. They'll Never Like You. by ednut1(m): 7:31pm On Aug 11, 2022
As a yoruba man do they accept or like you in the core north or east So wetin concern me with whiteman liking me . Are you ready to donate your life for a revolution . I drive my bike at night, travel at night, take walks too . No threat of attacks. Can you travel from kaduna to abuja at night Or go ride bike at oshodi at 11pm lol

4 Likes

Re: Africans - Nigerians END This 21st Century Slavery. They'll Never Like You. by Baronthecelebri: 8:18pm On Aug 11, 2022
etrange:

I support you
Re: Africans - Nigerians END This 21st Century Slavery. They'll Never Like You. by Zeekaycn(m): 9:02pm On Aug 11, 2022
CaveAdullam:
I sympathize with your courage in writing this. It is a post from an innocent mind wandering here and there. Though shallow.

1. Free in what sense?

Are you even conversant with the economic, security and political play recurring in Nigeria?

Nigeria is not among the most peaceful nation on earth. It is not among the countries with high GDP. It is not among the wealthiest nations. It is not among top investors friendly country. More than 60% of her citizens lives on less than $5dollars daily. International organizations are folding up daily and you say Nigeria is free? Industries has not been springing up and you say Nigeria is free?

Where is the freedom?

Is it the freedom to evade tax? Freedom to defy the judiciary? Freedom to harm your fellow citizens without being apprehended? Freedom to dance like naked monkeys on social media with peurile and nonsensical skits all in the name of content creation and entertainment? Freedom to attack your political leaders on social media? Freedom to vote without having knowledge if your vote was counted? Freedom to disobey law and order without being punished?

What freedom are you talking about?

Or, do you think the challenges are soft because it hasn't reached your door steps? A country where you are afraid to step out and even when you do, your heart is on your palms. You sing for jubilation when you finally come back home because you successfully escaped the harassment from the police, army, thugs and bad roads.

Where there is no law, there is no transgression - Nigeria is a graphical representation of that fact. And if you deem freedom as not following constituted law and order, I dare to say you are illusioned. That's not freedom.

Refer to 1 above.

Nigeria is blessed. But can a man eat a well prepared delicious meal in a house without no roof?

Green pasture and yet the value of currency gets deteriorating. Hyperinflation is the order of the economy. No government subsidy to aid production and exportation. No security of lives and properties. Bad roads. No electricity.

Reverse this pondering of yours: why are developed nations only exporting to your nation and not you?

I will tell you below. Continue reading.

Before I continue, if you are making use of that large area of land cultivating food and cash crops and rearing animals, you probably would have been among the richest men in Nigeria, and not here ranting and outpouring your lamentations here. Who and what has stopped you from owning the largest farmland in Nigeria? Why are you complaining? Or, are the lands not green enough? Is the nation not secure and free enough?

Lol.

I wanted to tell you something before:

1. Your country, Nigeria, and your continent Africa are under a branded form of colonialism still having America and the European Union as their masters and overlords. Slavery is now politically, economically, mentally, and socially weaponized. No more rods, chains, and whips.

2. Your president and political leaders are mere figureheads. These overlords are the ones in charge of your government and they rule your country by proxy.

3. Your country has been coerced by its overlords into structural adjustment programs and encumbered with loans or debts it can't repay. And the more they default on their repayment, the more the evil tentacles of these overlords spreads.

4. You can't produce and export cars, laptops, phones and quality agricultural produce because your government is either collecting more loans to pay former debts - rob Peter to pay Paul or embezzling the funds to satiate their greed potbellies.

5. Because of the structural adjustment programs, your country can't either subsidize production or encourage it.

6. But Americans and European Union provides subsidies making production and exportation light and easy. Since your products don't meet quality in the international trade center, they will be rejected. By the way, your government is in debt, repaying loans, and embezzling loans, so don't expect subsidy or production.

7. What about the divide and conquer strategy been used by your leaders and overlords to cause conflicts among her citizens.

People can use their money to buy whatever they want to buy and that's their business. Their purchase and pursuit of luxuries is not the problem of Nigeria. You my friend will love to live in a five-star designed home, ride in nice cars, and use the best gadgets.
However, the pursuit of luxury not for its relevance but for fame is utterly stupid - celebrities, corrupt leaders, and myopic citizens.

Until this nation breaks away from the claws of these overlords, Nigeria and Africa will never see the light of day. If greed is not rejected and truth pursued there is no redemption. Because greed and lies are how the power and control game is being played.

The masses and citizens may have their share of the blame, but they are just ignorant pawns on the chessboard of this powerplay.

Nigeria's problem is beyond Nigeria's borders.

Thanks.

What I really dislike is re-echoing our painful exclamation, what do we stand to gain if we keep propagating our weaknesses without pointing way out of escape.

Yes what you listed out are true. Then what's next?
I'm still waiting to see the impact of Master and PhD holders from overseas universities who will impact our Nigeria/Africa. For centuries Nigerians have been graduating from overseas university where are they?

Someone will spend so much schooling overseas just to make papers that would enable Him work in a good firm, 20-40years no influence back home. What's that??

1 Like

Re: Africans - Nigerians END This 21st Century Slavery. They'll Never Like You. by Hannania(m): 9:15pm On Aug 11, 2022
Zeekaycn:

What I really dislike is re-echoing our painful exclamation, what do we stand to gain if we keep propagating our weaknesses without pointing way out of escape.

Yes what you listed out are true. Then what's next?
I'm still waiting to see the impact of Master and PhD holders from overseas universities who will impact our Nigeria/Africa. For centuries Nigerians have been graduating from overseas university where are they?

Someone will spend so much schooling overseas just to make papers that would enable Him work in a good firm, 20-40years no influence back home. What's that??
You're asking the wrong question. How about their impact in those countries they migrated to? Was it Nigeria that developed them? They're giving back to the system that made them who they are.

8 Likes

Re: Africans - Nigerians END This 21st Century Slavery. They'll Never Like You. by Es350: 9:21pm On Aug 11, 2022
Zeekaycn:

Your only problem is that you don't have Japa money.

If you did, you will probably be on one travel thread researching how to Japa and not here writing a whole lot of jargon.

Baba even said "Nigeria is the most free country in the world". Lmao, something is definitely wrong with you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africans - Nigerians END This 21st Century Slavery. They'll Never Like You. by Nobody: 10:07pm On Aug 11, 2022
CaveAdullam:

All your posts have always been a blessing to me from the redpill thread even to your posts on other issues aside women,very well written and explained, with regards to this debt issue most people don't understand the fundamentals of the problem,they just see symptoms of the problem, the phrase " money is debt" can't be comprehended by majority of the populace, only very few people actually understand this game of debt holistically,even economic experts and scholars( including so-called financial ministers) are ignorant on the subject, same with politicians that's why the problem persists and since they benefit from it via corruption they don't bother to know it's underlying root.

The phrase "money is debt" is the redpill for finance same way "Hypergamy" is the redpill for women both will shatter your ego investments in ideas and preconceived notions you initially held on to out of ignorance, I don't know if you have read it but I suggest reading "creature from Jekyll island" by Edward Griffin, I listened to it's 3 parts audio on odysee.com. The book will open your inner eyes( mind) and alter your reality and worldview( including our current national predicament) on money , you would operate with financial intelligence and won't be delusional with hopes and expectation expecting someone to save you.

Money itself is debt will make you understand why our politicans behave the way they do, their high cost of maintenance, mismanagement and embezzlement.You would even understand why the rich are becoming richer and big businesses like Dangote thrives, you will understand the principle of "debt and tax", but the issue now is that how will this useful information profit you, how will you have an hedge ahead of your ignorant peers,here I can't proffer a solution as people circumstances and stages of life are different, also there is a place of " time and chance" variable which you can't control but at least I will offer a viable route of knowledge, he has become a cliche name in the personal development for finance with know books such as rich dad poor Dad, cash flow quadrant,Robert kiyosaki, but most Nigerians because they don't care for knowledge are ignorant of one of his highly important book "conspiracy of the rich", he also like Griffin analyses the problem even that of the educational system and proffers solution in subsequent chapters.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Africans - Nigerians END This 21st Century Slavery. They'll Never Like You. by Zeekaycn(m): 10:16pm On Aug 11, 2022
Es350:

Your only problem is that you don't have Japa money.

If you did, you will probably be on one travel thread researching how to Japa and not here writing a whole lot of jargon.

Baba even said "Nigeria is the most free country in the world". Lmao, something is definitely wrong with you.

I did not exempt myself from the trap, from the enquiry I recently made, help me with the little knowledge. We've been trapped with this notion that life is better outside, so we do everything to raise japa money. Until a sincere fellow help you with the whole true life story over there.

I'm still waiting to see better Nigerians who just came back from Overseas.
Re: Africans - Nigerians END This 21st Century Slavery. They'll Never Like You. by Lastbornbuns: 10:20pm On Aug 11, 2022
Zeekaycn:

I did not exempt myself from the trap, from the enquiry I recently made, help me with the little knowledge. We've been trapped with this notion that life is better outside, so we do everything to raise japa money. Until a sincere fellow help you with the whole true life story over there.

I'm still waiting to see better Nigerians who just came back from Overseas.
Come back to do what? When average people are being targeted by kidnappers, how much more the rich ones and the returnees? If you're so pained, you can go, educate yourself then proceed to give 20-40 years of your life and service back to Nigeria.

Come back to roam the streets with certificates abi?

1 Like

Re: Africans - Nigerians END This 21st Century Slavery. They'll Never Like You. by Karleb(m): 10:26pm On Aug 11, 2022
All the characters you mentioned are peculiar to other citizens of 2nd and 3rd world countries.

Nigerians are not even top 10 immigrants in the US. Mexico tops this list but their country is way better than Nigeria.

Americans themselves queue to change their iPhone to the latest version, a phone that the payment would be on credit.

So leave talk abeg.
Re: Africans - Nigerians END This 21st Century Slavery. They'll Never Like You. by mccloud224(m): 10:36pm On Aug 11, 2022
Zeekaycn:

Where do I even start with you?

First off, where are the jobs for those who spent money schooling in Nigeria?

Second, you talk about farming as if you dont know the farms have been taken over by terrorists. Even if you brave the odds, you still have to pay huge sums to Nigerian army to harvest in peace...that is one of the reasons foodstuffs keep skyrocketing!!!

Third, even a 12 yr old with a working brain can tell the break up of this geopolitical joke of a country is imminent. We have never been so divided along ethnic/religious lines as it is now. We are sitting on a keg of gunpowder.

Fourth, zero security. Train victims kidnapped with no hope...no govt presence...what else is there to say?

Fifth, abysmal collapse of the educational sector...ASUU on strike for 6 months yet our minister for education can cough out N100million for presidential form that has gone down the drain.

Sixth.....do I really really need to go on? Do I need to remind you of the anarchial state we live in?

Nigeria has no future...period!!!

Save it pls.

1 Like

Re: Africans - Nigerians END This 21st Century Slavery. They'll Never Like You. by Zeekaycn(m): 12:09pm On Aug 12, 2022
Karleb:
All the characters you mentioned are peculiar to other citizens of 2nd and 3rd world countries.

Nigerians are not even top 10 immigrants in the US. Mexico tops this list but their country is way better than Nigeria.

Americans themselves queue to change their iPhone to the latest version, a phone that the payment would be on credit.

So leave talk abeg.

So Nigeria should be a contender with those Countries with major exportation of goods and services than labour.

Labour/Skills are the most valuable and durable resources a Nation should have. But in our case we export labour most. Cus we are loosing fellow able men for this so called juicy jobs abroad that never makes you a billionaire.

They don't give you ease access to make money few years in cus you might leave. So they made you comfortable to work and pay bills until you are finished, then continue with your Children.

Fine get trained over there but come home and impact our communities. That's the best way to secure your children future.

If they openly say we don't want immigrants, that would be an obvious hate speech, so they set a system. You know Brits are smart.

Yes our government is very bad but they were not installed on seat automatically we sent them they and they won't be there forever. Youths have never been so active in political affairs so they took advantage. Right now we need a collaborative effort, no one will do it for us. Nigeria is too big to be ignored and run away.
Re: Africans - Nigerians END This 21st Century Slavery. They'll Never Like You. by HOKIM(m): 12:44pm On Aug 12, 2022
Lastbornbuns:

You should understand that once the government has failed, any effort you're making is swimming against the tide. Suffer head no de give award o. To you it's subconscious slavery, to me it's economic stability.
At least I'm sure the government there takes care of their citizens in the face of disaster. I'm sure their presidents are not always "shocked" when they hear of bad news in the country. I'm sure their leaders are not always saying empty words and sending useless condolence messages to families of victims.

During covid lockdown, well meaning individuals and international organisations donated items to aid the people plus the ones the govt claimed they used billions of naira to buy in the name of palliatives. Your leaders locked all of them in warehouses till angry citizens destroyed some of those warehouses and carted them away. That one no follow for slavery? The same cycle of leaders keep getting rotated. The masses keep getting poorer and even more uneducated and you're telling me the "West that is peaceful and secured" is subconsciously enslaving me. Toh! Make them carry me de go

Well, when I was young and naive I used to think this same way grin making plans on how to better Nigeria. But na who de alive and don chop belleful de build country.

In your First write up, you said anyone that can migrate "LEGALLY " should do so... what do you mean by that
Re: Africans - Nigerians END This 21st Century Slavery. They'll Never Like You. by Ovulo: 10:19pm On Aug 13, 2022
Zeekaycn:

Well spoken brotherly... But unfortunately,my people won't still understand!
Re: Africans - Nigerians END This 21st Century Slavery. They'll Never Like You. by StrikeBack(m): 12:54am On Aug 14, 2022
Do you like yourselves in Nigeria?
Re: Africans - Nigerians END This 21st Century Slavery. They'll Never Like You. by GeneralDae2: 10:56am On Aug 18, 2022
Hannania:
You're asking the wrong question. How about their impact in those countries they migrated to? Was it Nigeria that developed them? They're giving back to the system that made them who they are.
But Nigeria educated them initially at a cheap rate to enable them go for Masters abroad.
Re: Africans - Nigerians END This 21st Century Slavery. They'll Never Like You. by writeprof(m): 12:04pm On Aug 21, 2022
etrange:

Apt
Re: Africans - Nigerians END This 21st Century Slavery. They'll Never Like You. by Loverboi2cute(m): 12:50pm On Aug 21, 2022
Lastbornbuns:

sorry bro
i can feel ur pain
just live a positive life & learn an online skill
read great books
above all, builds a relationship with God

....d sky is ur limit bro, u wish u d best

(1) (Reply)

UK Or Portugal? / Are Visa Interviews This Easy? / MAN TO MAN HAVING SEX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 232
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.