Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,175 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo (38475 Views)

Do We Have Any Monumental Named After Awolowo In Southeast / How Azikiwe Opposed Awolowo In Putting Secession Permission Into The Constitutio / Nigerians React As Buhari Is Booed And Stoned At Ogun APC Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by sparko1(m): 9:20am On Aug 12, 2022
BATified2023:
To all the Yorubas forming woke,can u now see clearly that igbos don’t love u n can never love u

They are decieving u that they would have preferred osinbajo but same people call osinbajo a fake pastor

The same people that hated awolowo,abiola n now tinubu are still d same person trying to turn your back against your people,what igbos do in Yoruba land n u woke Yorubas hail them u dare not do half of it in their region before they remove your head for u

History is about to repeat itself now,Peter obi is campaigning freely but they are issuing threats that tinubu dare not step foot into south east n u are still forming woke

Use your head n get d fact that the Fulani and the igbos are d same,the only difference is that the igbos don’t have federal power

The same people who mocked Yorubas then for being stupid on awolowo case n later said he took rat poison are still d same people who mocked abiola

Will u allow history to repeat itself by forming civil for people who never for once loved u

U think they love u now because they need your votes,many of those supporting obi today check their nairaland comments a year ago n see clearly their intention about Nigeria

Yoruba ronu a man who hates your father can never like u

Young man address the reason man Omoluwabi are not support Tinubu, Tinubu always put the Fulani first, call it Politics, he never supports Amotekun, he never speaks against Fulani killing his people, throwing money at victims is an abomination.

To top it all, he neglected to acknowledge a Christian VP, if you say Competence your mouth will bend, there's no body more incompetent than his present VP.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by kolarov93(m): 9:22am On Aug 12, 2022
trutharena:

Are you ashamed of those that stoned Awolowo?

Are you ashamed that your progenitors stoned Awolowo during campaign and that your current generation swore to do the same to Tinubu?

I don’t blame you guys, I only blame the Yorubas sophistico with no ethnic consciousness among us.

Imagine an Ibo boy arrested today for burning BRT in Lagos. He left his region to Lagos to burn our buses and yet Yoruba won’t speak up.

What has happened to the Yoruba for heaven sake? Can I go to Anambra to burn public buses and come back to Lagos alive?

Don’t ever compare Tinubu with Awolowo.

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by jrusky(m): 9:23am On Aug 12, 2022
Sir God will bless you for saying this.

I'm from a military background sir I and one of my friend whose father also a millitary man then out of our dangeous juvenilled excessive curiosity we stumbled on so many facts about all you said in a very secretive achive and we copied them down since that time we have them with us, very very serious document on this Biafra stuff and how my own people treated other tribe thn it's so bad I mean horrible if I open my computer archives folder and release some of these hard evidence no Igbo man will remain is SW or The North I swear to God.

Last night I warned the SW shouting obi to be warn or regret their life. I knew too much to the point my own dad is afraid of me as retired star General in army stay away from obi he is a man either a mission.

I repeat any other igbo man apart from Obi is fine to go with but Obi is a pretending separatist looking for way to get back at SW and the North to roast them. Obi is never a christain he was just born as a christain but not a christain by real definition he knows this himself.

Watch as Adebanjo they called their obidient will suddenly turn their enemy now just watch..........

I will say it wit all boldness hatred runs in average igbo man gene only those who freed up themselves are free from this satanic gene.

Good day.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by rajiedreez: 9:24am On Aug 12, 2022
Built2last:
Front page material

See the sensational headline they gave it.#

They won't highlight this part of his statement. ''According to him, Awolowo once told him during his lifetime, “No, you must work with the Igbo because you cannot defeat these Fulani people alone”.

Awo insisted according to this article that Yoruba's need Igbos despite the incident but they want to ridicule and misinterpret what the old man is saying

The MODs are actively looking for anything that favours a certain candidate.

I posted many pictures of the Labour party conference holding in Abuja today.

2 MODs read it and moved on

This will hit front page in no time

And you also forgot where it's written in the article that Awo got the assurance that Ojukwu will cease fire during their meeting but went ahead to strike the Midwest before he got back to Lagos.

See we shouldn't keep fooling ourselves, this type of hostile behaviors of the Igbo has been there and still there.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Starkid3010(m): 9:25am On Aug 12, 2022
trutharena:
This is for some of the sophistico Yoruba youth that fell for the antics of Ibo people that always say they hate Tinubu not because he’s Yoruba and bla bla bla.

Awolowo was stoned when he went to the East to campaign back then and this is Pa Adebanjo the same Afenifere guy laying claim to that. Is Awolowo also a bad person like Tinubu according to the Ibos? Or why was he stoned?

Azikiwe campaigned easily in the SW but Awo was stoned in the SE for campaigning.

That’s the same thing they are doing to Tinubu. They are making sure he won’t be able to campaign in the SE, where they term any Igbo that support Tinubu as efulefu and always cancel them.

Yet the same people want to be left alone to campaign in the SW while some Yoruba guys with severe confusionists complex will be sheering them on.

The Yoruba are the only tribe in this country without tribal consciousness and it is as tho something is wrong.
you're absolutely right on this

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 12, 2022
sammirano:

We are foolish yorubas

Omo!

We've already known this all along. But why bringing it to the public?
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by emonis88: 9:25am On Aug 12, 2022
EponOjuku:

You are very daft.
Have you ever seen Yorubas stone any Igbo leader?

Ipob did this same nonsense to Kumuyi. Your brothers banned Tinubu from campaigning in Igboland.
We didn't even know your fathers had stoned Awo.
My fathers? I didn't mention anybody's father o! So therefore ur papa yansh there! I m saying what I saw on a visit I did to Lagos n u r here calling ur father names?
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by NwaMamaIwota(f): 9:27am On Aug 12, 2022
omenka:
That guy called Tunde Ednut is the worst of them all. Always pandering to the wishes of those who've never shown any love whatsoever for Yorubas.
is that why you're supporting fulani herdsmen killing your Benue people just because of some petty politics

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Getnewinfo: 9:28am On Aug 12, 2022

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by tctrills: 9:28am On Aug 12, 2022
trutharena:
This is for some of the sophistico Yoruba youth that fell for the antics of Ibo people that always say they hate Tinubu not because he’s Yoruba and bla bla bla.

Awolowo was stoned when he went to the East to campaign back then and this is Pa Adebanjo the same Afenifere guy laying claim to that. Is Awolowo also a bad person like Tinubu according to the Ibos? Or why was he stoned?

Azikiwe campaigned easily in the SW but Awo was stoned in the SE for campaigning.

That’s the same thing they are doing to Tinubu. They are making sure he won’t be able to campaign in the SE, where they term any Igbo that support Tinubu as efulefu and always cancel them.

Yet the same people want to be left alone to campaign in the SW while some Yoruba guys with severe confusionists complex will be sheering them on.

The Yoruba are the only tribe in this country without tribal consciousness and it is as tho something is wrong.
But all you wrote shows Tribalism and deep seated hate and evil. If you are without tribal consciousness, you wouldn't be visiting an unconfirmed story that happened before you were born as reason not to vote for an Igbo man. You are twisted and stewed in tribalism.
But it's already late. An interesting percentage of Yorubas prefer to break out of this tribal bond. They are more concerned about the future of there kids than having a drug lord in power just because he speaks the same language. It's time to move on. One more thing, I am sure you would tell this same Awo story to your kids as reason why they should not vote for the Igbo. As long as an Igbo man can't win, nothing else matters to you but somehow, you are not the tribalistic one.

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Gentino(m): 9:28am On Aug 12, 2022
Many questions are begging for answers here:

How comes no one in his entourage or campaign ground noticed it? How comes no one saw the stone or the "stoner"? Why was it after he had gone to southwest that he revealed it? Despite the stoning, why did he still encourage his kinsmen to work with the Igbos?

I'm in full support of scrapping of history in Nigerian educational curriculum. Tell an Igbo man, hausa man and/or Yoruba man to narrate the cause of the civil war, you will certainly get different versions of the same civil war. Is that what we should call national history?

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by norriswood(m): 9:28am On Aug 12, 2022
Gourdoinc:
please get this to front page. This is a useless forum anyway that lives on false narratives and slanderous tales. Where are the moderators , Food has landed. Something to insult the Igbos has landed. Lies against the Igbos has landed. Rubbish post has landed. Please get it to front page.

Unfortunately, Tinubu will never be the president of Nigeria. Maybe of Oduduwa Republic, that's if they will allow him get that. The Yoruba's are too sophisticated for such a criminal.
..u re a mini man, use same energy campaign for whomever ur candidate, u people said more than this during Buhari campaign, Buhari can never rule this country,Buhari still ruling us..he will complete his 8yrs so u people want vote for obituary in Zoo country...awon omo ale gbogbo.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by EponOjuku: 9:29am On Aug 12, 2022
Chidex50:
I want to ask BAT supporters and media handlers,if you end of dividing these country with your antics,what will be left of it? And you're campaigning to govern the whole Country. Can't you have an issue based campaign rather than politics of bitterness and wickedness? The country is so sick and you all are busy speedily sending it to the grave.

Hypocrite. Not be you be this?
Chidex50:

If you still believe in one Nigeria......you dey dream.A country where her Citizens just dey exist and dying anyhow

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Viscuz: 9:29am On Aug 12, 2022
NwaMamaIwota:

is that why you're supporting fulani herdsmen killing your Benue people just because of some petty politics

Omenka and his friends sponsored their brothers to kill in owo ,
then hide in kogi to blame okene people

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Modphase: 9:29am On Aug 12, 2022
I tot foolish n cursed Igbos like freedom of speech or you fools think it is only when your foolish Igbo father call Osinbajo a fake pastor, Fashola mister of darkness Tinubu peepooh that is freedom of speech.

You despicable miserable soul think you alone own the monopoly of insult n bigotry. Your Igbo papa head go correct before 2023. Election.

WHITELIGHTER

:

What's the essence of this post actually? To curse further ethnic divide? The MOD that moved this to front page is an ethnic bigot that doesn't want peace. I'm afraid Seun might also be on it.

Shameful.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by emonis88: 9:29am On Aug 12, 2022
Morphinne:

I was expecting you to say “I’ve seen Azikiwe stoned, on a visit to Lagos, that I saw with my own eyes”
What’s the correlation between what I said and late Lateef Jakande (a Yoruba man) getting stoned by his people?
U said u don't stone elders!

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by BATified2023: 9:30am On Aug 12, 2022
sparko1:

Young man address the reason man Omoluwabi are not support Tinubu, Tinubu always put the Fulani first, call it Politics, he never supports Amotekun, he never speaks against Fulani killing his people, throwing money at victims is an abomination.

To top it all, he neglected to acknowledge a Christian VP, if you say Competence your mouth will bend, there's no body more incompetent than his present VP.

emeka hope u know say na 500 naira them dey give delivery mothers for south east but tinubu is your problem here

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by EponOjuku: 9:30am On Aug 12, 2022
emonis88:

My fathers? I didn't mention anybody's father o! So therefore ur papa yansh there! I m saying what I saw on a visit I did to Lagos n u r here calling ur father names?

We will reciprocate your gestures. So stop shedding foolish years here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Tareq1105: 9:30am On Aug 12, 2022
trutharena:

Definitely something is wrong with our youths and I guess it's bcoz they have refused to research to discover where their great grandparents are coming from.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Smartguyboy(m): 9:31am On Aug 12, 2022
Hatred everywhere against the igbo I only blame greedy and useless Igbos leader
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Melonsmasher: 9:32am On Aug 12, 2022
WhatCanIsay:
He was stoned during campaign. No other human being in that campaign ground noticed it? As in the stoner acted like an assassin? And the stone was stopped by Awolowo's metal hat?

The kind fairy tales people tell nowadays to sell their story is becoming too funny and illogical.
No the Aba crowd stoned him with invisible stones that only him Awolowo felt, no one else saw the stones flying and all of the stones landed on his armoured hat, none of his men noticed it until he had later told him who was also there at the time.

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Viscuz: 9:32am On Aug 12, 2022
BATified2023:
emeka hope u know say na 500 naira them dey give delivery mothers for south east but tinubu is your problem here

NA grinded Agbado dey your brain .

Which other country dey pay e citizen to born pikin ?

If you no get money no born .

500 naira na kind gesture .

Tinubu dey kill lagos till today
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by rajiedreez: 9:32am On Aug 12, 2022
F4ku:

LOL.. Why should he be ashamed? ..
A 2face serpentine coward who never had the balls to seceded on his own rather relied on others to make the first move.

Why didn't Awolowo declared Oduduwa independence on his own?
Why did he so much wanted the igbos to comeback?
If he was a true leader of the Yorubas, he didn't need the igbos in other to declare for an all Oduduwa nation.

Moreso it would have been difficult for the Fulani to attack the west and east at the same time.
So i see no reason why Awolowo needed the igbos.
Rather his selfish Ambition to him, sufficed more than the yoruba interest.

I guess you forgot that the capital of Nigeria was in Yoruba land then. So tell me where the secession will start from in Yoruba land. I believe you'd say Ibadan, but Ibadan has one of the most important and active military installations in Nigeria then. i.e. 2nd mechanized decision.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Gourdoinc(m): 9:32am On Aug 12, 2022
norriswood:
..u re a mini man, use same energy campaign for whomever ur candidate, u people said more than this during Buhari campaign, Buhari can never rule this country,Buhari still ruling us..he will complete his 8yrs so u people want vote for obituary in Zoo country...awon omo ale gbogbo.
says a nobody. You are poor in body and spirit. Don't project the image your mirror shows you to your betters. You never fit grade oga. A good example of your level, was your choice of buhari and his legacy in office, so own it.

We are all awake now unlike 2015 and beyond. Your candidate will never ever smell aso rock. Take that to the bank

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Getnewinfo: 9:32am On Aug 12, 2022

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Zeezenho: 9:33am On Aug 12, 2022
trutharena:

You see how dumb you are awo was stoned people around awo we're not even awear of it.it was awo that later told them he was stoned but his cap prevented me he impact can you see that even your father's were liers.

Another revelation was the houses gowan never wanted war but same awo instigated Gowon to kill 3million Igbo children and women.

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by HighTableVoice: 9:33am On Aug 12, 2022
trutharena:

Besides Nigeria being a country, it is virtually impossible for anything to happen to Tinubu going to the Eastern Part of Nigeria. A common misconception that most people have is thinking the land they occupy isn't a Nigeria land. As a Nigerian you have every Right to be anywhere in your country, Eastern part of Nigeria doesnt belong to any ethnic group, you just happen to be where you are geographically. Nigeria is Nigeria and if the general agenda some people keep pushing is Biafra and Secession, they should also accept that Nigeria as a country has the right to rid them off his land. You are allowed to leave peacefully, you can not stay and enjoy the comfortability of a nation and still be its enemy. If and possible Tinubu campaigns in his country, and you choose to attack him, he is also Liable to attack you back in any way or form he may choose. Stop dividing Nigeria

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 12, 2022
Mccullum:

You're very correct on this, some gullible one among the Yorubas falling to their religion and youthfulness card,

meanwhile they continue derogatory words against the personality of Tinubu.

Yoruba ronu.

Precisely. Do some dumb Yorubas ever look at the obvious fact that the unreasonable and unjustifiable hatred Igbos show openly for Tinubu is also hatred for all Yorubas by extension?

What has Tinubu done to them to warrant the level of hatred Igbos unashamedly display for his person?

The reality is that Tinubu has elevated and assisted Igbos directly and beneficially yet they can only pay him back with extreme hatred.

Yet Atiku and Kwankwaso who have done nothing for them, and can never offer the Presidency Nigeria deserves right now, they are happy ignoring.

Yoruba ronu indeed yet some are too dumb to do so.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by emonis88: 9:34am On Aug 12, 2022
I ve seen that the MODs of Nairaland, like to push any story that il cause the fight btw Igbos n Yorubas to the front page , cus they know it il generate traffic, them no mind make their house burn down so long as them generate traffic,which translates to money. gringringrin
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by A4alpha: 9:36am On Aug 12, 2022
trutharena:

Where is Osibanjo from or is he also an Igbo man reason why Igbos loves and support him.??
Answer
Or
Shut
D
F
Up
To educate you mr sophicicated imp.. Igbos can smell bad market miles away reason why they thrive in businesses and other spheres of endeavors.
Did they d Igbos not tell you that Bubu will fail?
This is what is call in Igbo parlance Ima anya ahia! There is also what is called ahia akpa!
These and more are strategies that help an Igbo man to thrive because Igbo are internally gifted to function and can correctly predict or prophecy in like manner.
Oshe!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by kilisi(m): 9:36am On Aug 12, 2022
aribisala0:
The official Ibo position is that if it comes to crunch and a Yoruba person is likely to win instead of one of their one then it should stay with the Fulani
They are very entitled to hold that view and the Yoruba are also entitled to an appropriate response
The Yorubas should know that as far as they are concerned

The Ibo
Plan A is Obi
Plan B is Atiku
The Ibo are asking Yoruba to make Obi Plan A

that is Ibo sense for you

Very short comment but loaded with so much sense!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by emonis88: 9:37am On Aug 12, 2022
EponOjuku:

We will reciprocate your gestures. So stop shedding foolish years here.
I say ur father right lap!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Linus Okorie In Police Custody (Photo) / Labour Party Ken Pela Wins Delta State Appeal Court Case / Buhari Presented With His National ID Card (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.