Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:10 AM

How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo (38471 Views)

Do We Have Any Monumental Named After Awolowo In Southeast / How Azikiwe Opposed Awolowo In Putting Secession Permission Into The Constitutio / Nigerians React As Buhari Is Booed And Stoned At Ogun APC Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:25am On Aug 12, 2022
Funny thing is the main point Pa Adebanjo is making is that Awolowo believed the Fulani oligarchy to be the real enemies of a prosperous Nigeria. Most posters of yoruba and Igbo extraction have totally missed that point and are at each others throat.
To the Yorubas who want to guilt trip other Yorubas. I hope you're aware it was the North that divided the south and then the West.
To the Igbo, are you aware it is the North and not the West that has kept you out of the pinnacle of political power in Nigeria?
You are both victims of the same oppressors but choose to fight each other for the best place in the dungeon.
Awolowo was right. The Yoruba needs the Igbo just as the Igbo needs the yorubas. Until both come to that reality, the circle of Nigeria will still remain

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by realestate99: 10:27am On Aug 12, 2022
Simplythebest:
So the yorubas who were not even born when the stone Awolowo 100 years ago will use it as an excuse not to vote for a man that will change their life for good and reduce their suffering. Is only a person who has nothing to offer or who is not qualified will be looking for excuse to discredit a well accepted man. I thought APC said Nigerians should vote on competent and merit not base on religion or tribalism so why have they gone back to bring what happened 100 years ago is really a pity and it shows that some people don't ever want this country to move forward and they derive joy when innocent people are being killed and suffer cus of our wicked and selfish leaders. Either we get it right 2023 or it get worst and scatter finally.
Igbo man shallow logic, those kids out of school during Obi's tenure in Anambra are now men selling gala in Lagos, Obi can not save himself talkless of the nation, when you achieve your Biafra , take him as your leader. A man that can't manage 2k can never manage 20k.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by biafranrealson: 10:27am On Aug 12, 2022
trutharena:
This is for some of the sophistico Yoruba youth that fell for the antics of Ibo people that always say they hate Tinubu not because he’s Yoruba and bla bla bla.

Awolowo was stoned when he went to the East to campaign back then and this is Pa Adebanjo the same Afenifere guy laying claim to that. Is Awolowo also a bad person like Tinubu according to the Ibos? Or why was he stoned?

Azikiwe campaigned easily in the SW but Awo was stoned in the SE for campaigning.

That’s the same thing they are doing to Tinubu. They are making sure he won’t be able to campaign in the SE, where they term any Igbo that support Tinubu as efulefu and always cancel them.

Yet the same people want to be left alone to campaign in the SW while some Yoruba guys with severe confusionists complex will be sheering them on.

The Yoruba are the only tribe in this country without tribal consciousness and it is as tho something is wrong.

Hope you read the message from the old man ?
Maybe you can't comprehend
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Getnewinfo: 10:27am On Aug 12, 2022
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Secondly: 10:27am On Aug 12, 2022
SOFTSKILL:

That is what home training should have done! Osinbajo vibrant! After calling him "Fake Pastor, Errand Boy and Ordinary Commissioner" Why are you guys always attempt to be clever by half. Obi is a Igbo project simple!

Wait o...

Are you denying that Osinbajo is vibrant or what?

Fake pastor or not, he is at least far much more better than the Bishop of Agbado and Cassava Diocese

Present someone that is looking presidential, then we can say that we have serious contenders on our hands.

Not when you present someone who is clearly not fit for the job due to poor health and old age and you want others to close their eyes to the calamity that is about to befall them again...?

Great grand father wey im hand dey shake like that, will he even be able to sign anything?

Or he just wants to occupy the top position simply because he thinks it is his turn?

Ndi ara. sad
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by bigpicture001: 10:28am On Aug 12, 2022
trutharena:

Are you ashamed of those that stoned Awolowo?

Are you ashamed that your progenitors stoned Awolowo during campaign and that your current generation swore to do the same to Tinubu?

I don’t blame you guys, I only blame the Yorubas sophistico with no ethnic consciousness among us.

Imagine an Ibo boy arrested today for burning BRT in Lagos. He left his region to Lagos to burn our buses and yet Yoruba won’t speak up.

What has happened to the Yoruba for heaven sake? Can I go to Anambra to burn public buses and come back to Lagos alive?

Bros arena... It's just less than 3weeks leeft and you will get ur August E- warrior stipends from tinubu

You paid fools are trying to digress meaningful and educated yorubas from voting for competence over a weak old man... Nobody told you not to produce fashola or osibanjo...

We all say no to Tinubu together weda u like it or not....if u also hear of houses seized from igbos by yorubas in the west after igbos returned from civil war , u will cry..

But all those are bygone . We forget ahead together in this country and we ask for a better country...

I don't blame u, ur just an ordinary hungry fellow who could do much with his 60k E- warrior monthly stipend... Keep it up bro...

Man must wack!
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by bigpicture001: 10:29am On Aug 12, 2022
Getnewinfo:

Come 2023,
Aguata and Ekwelobia is calling

Una must leave Lagos go back Una villages.

I know. U aare one. Of the paid e- warriors of BAT..

Welcome!
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by sonofthunder: 10:30am On Aug 12, 2022
PointZerom:

So Awo was stoned and the stone hit his cap and no one saw it apart from only Awo?

Pls was Awo a dwarf that no one noticed when a stone hit his cap?
For more than 50yrs now we haven't heard of this stoning. Haba.

This is how one of your King said that Igbos don't sell land to outsiders and believed him.
I want you all to know that IGBOS ARE THE ONLY TRIBE THAT'S FULLY PREPARED FOR THE WORST OF NIGERIA. WE SURVIVED 3YRS OF WAR AND STILL BOUNCE BACK A FEAT NO OTHER TRIBE ACHIEVE

What is your point Oga...... You want to be accepted above an eyewitness?

Typical deflective strategy.
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Electorate: 10:33am On Aug 12, 2022
trutharena:
This is for some of the sophistico Yoruba youth that fell for the antics of Ibo people that always say they hate Tinubu not because he’s Yoruba and bla bla bla.

Awolowo was stoned when he went to the East to campaign back then and this is Pa Adebanjo the same Afenifere guy laying claim to that. Is Awolowo also a bad person like Tinubu according to the Ibos? Or why was he stoned?

Azikiwe campaigned easily in the SW but Awo was stoned in the SE for campaigning.

That’s the same thing they are doing to Tinubu. They are making sure he won’t be able to campaign in the SE, where they term any Igbo that support Tinubu as efulefu and always cancel them.

Yet the same people want to be left alone to campaign in the SW while some Yoruba guys with severe confusionists complex will be sheering them on.

The Yoruba are the only tribe in this country without tribal consciousness and it is as tho something is wrong.

I am Yoruba and common sense tells me Peter Obi is the right choice, I will not vote Tinubu because the Ibo's stoned Awolowo but because Tinubu is visibly old and sick...Tribalism will keep you in perpetual bondage.

Not all Yorubas are good people and not all Ibo's are bad people, read this every nght before going to bed.

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Electorate: 10:33am On Aug 12, 2022
Electorate:

I am Yoruba and common sense tells me Peter Obi is the right choice, I will not vote Tinubu because the Ibo's stoned Awolowo but because Tinubu is visibly old and sick...Tribalism will keep you in perpetual bondage.

Not all Yorubas are good people and not all Ibo's are bad people, read this every nght before going to bed.
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by sonofthunder: 10:34am On Aug 12, 2022
Gourdoinc:
it is false. It is not valid. Its an aberration to logic with respect to subjective attempts to change a narrative. Isn't it quixotic that the oppressors accuse the oppressed of oppression

How have you been oppressed?

Who oppressed you? Tinubu? Awolowo? Who is oppressing you right now?
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Kingspin(m): 10:34am On Aug 12, 2022
trutharena:
Check the Igbo well, before now, the media space is all about IPOB and Nigeria is a zoo.

As soon as Obi got the ticket, they all switched mouth and started campaigning massively for Peter Obi and started tagging anyone that speak against them an efulefu and cancelling them.

But the same Igbo will attack a Yoruba supporting Tibubu by calling them tribalists and yet over 99% of them are always speaking in support of Peter Obi.

But some Yoruba lack self awareness, they are being gaslighted and used by the Igbos and forming woke on social media and getting guilt tripped.

As a Yoruba, you can support Peter Obi, Atiku, or Kwakwanso but if the reason you are supporting any of these guys is due to the gaslighting by other tribe , then you are foolish.

Bring me like of Akinwumi Adesina, I will support and vote for him.
Stop making things look like some of us don't know what we are doing
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Jevica: 10:34am On Aug 12, 2022
trutharena:

Are you ashamed of those that stoned Awolowo?

Are you ashamed that your progenitors stoned Awolowo during campaign and that your current generation swore to do the same to Tinubu?

I don’t blame you guys, I only blame the Yorubas sophistico with no ethnic consciousness among us.

Imagine an Ibo boy arrested today for burning BRT in Lagos. He left his region to Lagos to burn our buses and yet Yoruba won’t speak up.

What has happened to the Yoruba for heaven sake? Can I go to Anambra to burn public buses and come back to Lagos alive?

I wish you could face the issues on ground and avoid this triviality mentality. Nigeria is going down the drain you are here painting and polishing tribal sentiments. If I may ask, what prompted this story brought to the forum by this old papa. He should preach much about unity rather than divisive message. we dont need it. You can not defend Tinubu because he has so many unclear issues on his hand. the case would have been a different thing had APC presented Osibanjo. Guy get this thing right. everyone is bleeding in this country. please
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Geo4646: 10:35am On Aug 12, 2022
trutharena:

Source: https://www.thequesttimes.com/flashback-how-igbos-attacked-us-stoned-awolowo-in-aba-adebanjo/

See dis one, him don collect bribe, comee dey yan tribalism rubbish, all ur pikin dey school for abroad, meanwhile ASUU dey strike, d future leaders wey dey kill for lekkie toll gate, unah pikin beta reach those innocent soul.. Nigeria must move on, it a continuous movement, we stand for dat great movement. Nigeria now is bigger than tribalism.
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by kilisi(m): 10:35am On Aug 12, 2022
EponOjuku:

Hypocrite. Not be you be this?
Checkmate!
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Godfullsam(m): 10:36am On Aug 12, 2022
JealousCobra:

Did they also threw stones to OBJ when he came to the SouthEast to campaign 1999 & 2023?

Tinubu is a well known kleptomania.
Awo is a backstabber.

And who is ojukwu? The brave war monger who started a war that led to the death of millions of your people and later ran away with his tail between his legs.
Who later shamelessly came back and contested for an elective position in a country he once fought to separate from..

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by realestate99: 10:36am On Aug 12, 2022
sonofthunder:

I can understand you, but the generalisation is very bad.

I'm sure you have offline Igbo friends who are nothing like the people you are "hating".

I have several that are different from the mainstream narrative. It's same with other tribes also..... Being good or bad is not inherently caused by tribe but by ones nature and environmental influences.

In statistics an outlier is a big deviant from a main group, most Igbos are running on same software, tell me have you seen an igbo that is not supporting Obi? Have you seen an igbo that does not hate Tinubu? Have you seen an igbo that is not overtly emotional? Have you seen an igbo that takes responsibility for his actions? etc

most of them fall in same group, few outliers amongst them are negligible.

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Obamaofusa: 10:37am On Aug 12, 2022
Ok
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by kenob28(m): 10:40am On Aug 12, 2022
wittywriter:
Most of the elders like this elder in Nigeria are the architect of tribalism....they love to thrive and dwell on such cases....

Saved.

Saved....

©Wittyness.
anyone sowing seed of discord will be discarded for life in Jesus mighty name Amen
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Idoko619(m): 10:41am On Aug 12, 2022
trutharena:

You all should be ashamed of this.
Spit
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by jrusky(m): 10:41am On Aug 12, 2022
Geminiivory:

clap for yourself.. Nice story line

You know the truth and the truth shall set you free.

Truth is bitter you knw its a bitter pill.

Thanks.
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by OkoRemi2023(m): 10:42am On Aug 12, 2022
trutharena:

God bless you Brother

Yoruba lost Ilorin because of resentment among themselves and not because of Fulani conquest

if Afonja had agree for reconciliation between the Oyo empire then there is no we would have lose Ilorin/kwara state to Fulani

Fulani only thrive on a tribe disunity, they conquered Hausa with this, we Yoruba hate ourselves a lot. as far as am concern Tinubu have done a lot for Yoruba people that Obj yet Yoruba love the same obj that didn't do anything for Yoruba nation than Tinubu

Tinubu a detribalized politician, gave Igbo a level playing ground in Lagos somewhat that they can even contest in Yoruba land why you can't do in their own land, Ambode tried to reduce this igbo excesses in Lagos yet igbo still support him against Tinubu that's how much they hate him

I'm telling all Yorubas reading this post, any hate against Tinubu is hate for Yoruba nation either from Yoruba or igbo or anyone

Tinubu is our leader, we've no other leader to represent Yoruba nation, we must stand unity and support him, this obedient you people are doing, if you know how obi hate Yorubas you won't even dare support that fool

all this resentment must stop in Yoruba nation, Tinubu is a thief bla bla, tell me which politician is saint in Nigeria? is it Atiku that destroy education of Nigeria with his boss or peter obi that hoard money meant for infrastructures and development for his personal gains?

Tinubu is this and that yet he built companies that employed millions of Nigeria regardless of their tribe

Yoruba Nation, wake up don't sleep, the North are ready to pay Tinubu back by supporting him massively, we must not allow these hateful tribe to ruined our chances, they've lies and propaganda but we have sense and diplomatic approach

We must stand with Baba Seyi to the end, don't fall for igbo hate against Tinubu, they tried to ruined Lagos during endsars while their region was left untouched, even Edo people fall for their propaganda, wake up my people

5 Likes

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by kilisi(m): 10:42am On Aug 12, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
Igbo Jew undecided

Another Checkmate!
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Masterito(m): 10:43am On Aug 12, 2022
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Gourdoinc(m): 10:43am On Aug 12, 2022
sonofthunder:

How have you been oppressed?

Who oppressed you? Tinubu? Awolowo? Who is oppressing you right now?
how have the igbo been oppressed you ask ? How has tinubu oppressed me ?

Wonderful. Such answers will need a textbook.
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by JealousCobra(m): 10:43am On Aug 12, 2022
Godfullsam:

And who is ojukwu? The brave war monger who started a war that led to the death of millions of your people and later ran away with his tail between his legs.
Who later shamelessly came back and contested for an elective position in a country he once fought to separate from..

Didn't bother to read the NONsense you posted.

Owolowo will always be a coward and a blackmailer. Tinubu is crime institution.

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Electorate: 10:43am On Aug 12, 2022
trutharena:
Check the Igbo well, before now, the media space is all about IPOB and Nigeria is a zoo.

As soon as Obi got the ticket, they all switched mouth and started campaigning massively for Peter Obi and started tagging anyone that speak against them an efulefu and cancelling them.

But the same Igbo will attack a Yoruba supporting Tibubu by calling them tribalists and yet over 99% of them are always speaking in support of Peter Obi.

But some Yoruba lack self awareness, they are being gaslighted and used by the Igbos and forming woke on social media and getting guilt tripped.

As a Yoruba, you can support Peter Obi, Atiku, or Kwakwanso but if the reason you are supporting any of these guys is due to the gaslighting by other tribe , then you are foolish.

You foolishly think the Peter Obi project is an Igbo Project and you start attacking the Igbos, You and your principal have failed already because the Obi project is a sane Nigerians project.

I am Yoruba and I llove Obi, drink sniper and don't forget to mix it with rat poison.

As a matter of fact your tears taste really nice, please cry us some more.

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by jideofor11(m): 10:45am On Aug 12, 2022
If people will look beyond the topic of this post and read extensively.

You'll see that Yoruba and igbo needs each other to take away the Fulani.

This is for you to know that it's been donkey years since the north has put disunity between SW, SE.

But I'm in awe seeing how educated people still misinterprete this post and are here displaying stupidity online.

I've known a Yoruba man in my village for years. He has been a tailor and lives very comfortably with his family there. Most of his youthful life has been in the East. I was opportuned to speak with him one day he told me so long as you're in another man's land just live in peace and trust me they will protect you from any harm against you even if you're not from there place. Which is very true.

While I was in the university, I lived with villagers. People knew me so well. I was always around everyone and peaceful. When a fight broke out with students and villagers. I was very much protected. I was even taken to one of the chiefs houses to stay until the whole thing cooled down.

What am I trying to say here. People who lives in another man's land is always at peace with everyone because he knows so well that if he doesn't he will be attacked some day. Unfortunately some people will see that as weakness and try to bully you for no reason. When you try to react you become a bad person.

It's terrible to say the least but it is well

Let the Nigeria Kuku break in as much as I am a very strong agitator for 1 Nigeria. Seeing how things are going I can only ask the it breaks so that everyone will go there separate ways......
Re: How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo by Amaechi667(m): 10:45am On Aug 12, 2022
trutharena:

Truth

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply)

Does Buhari Have A University Degree? / A Copy Of The SSS Memo That Suspended Marilyn Ogar, Others / Akpabio Suffers Setback In Bid To Retain Senate Seat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.