Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,791 members, 7,824,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Wike Builds 500 Capacity Auditorium For NYSC In Rivers State - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Wike Builds 500 Capacity Auditorium For NYSC In Rivers State (18726 Views)

Kebbi Corper, Juliet Ike, Builds A Kitchen For A School During Her NYSC / NYSC In Oyo State: Share Your Experiences. / What Are The Best States To Do NYSC In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Builds 500 Capacity Auditorium For NYSC In Rivers State by Dangrace01: 5:13am On Aug 12, 2022
Ob/datti 2023
Re: Wike Builds 500 Capacity Auditorium For NYSC In Rivers State by bigdammyj: 5:19am On Aug 12, 2022
Congrats.
Re: Wike Builds 500 Capacity Auditorium For NYSC In Rivers State by lexy2014: 5:22am On Aug 12, 2022
SmartyPants:
There is no Nigerian politician i particularly care for, except Wicked Wike.

They say he talks a lot but they pretend not to see that he works a lot.

That means rivers state should be like Dubai by now. If he is working a lot, why could his children not attend the state university?

1 Like

Re: Wike Builds 500 Capacity Auditorium For NYSC In Rivers State by chrisdolly(m): 5:45am On Aug 12, 2022
aribisala0:
You cannot speak more than you know.
That place can be rented out to generate money to pay for the building in a few years . It can be used for social and corporate activities as well as by local community.

NYSC will not use it everyday
You get sense my brother!!!
Re: Wike Builds 500 Capacity Auditorium For NYSC In Rivers State by Bestbeelieve: 5:51am On Aug 12, 2022
Good project! it's only RV corpers like us who will understand! walahi i almost turned back and gave up on service when the grass around the hostel i lived in was just being cut when we arrived for orientation camp! living condition was just pathetic! But the rest.....so much fun!!!

1 Like

Re: Wike Builds 500 Capacity Auditorium For NYSC In Rivers State by Untainted007: 5:53am On Aug 12, 2022
What a thoughtful governor. I won't ever forget my first time in that camp in 2009. It was like hell, no electricity, no corpers' lodge. But merely looking at the picture now, the place has really changed for good. I pray the miscreants in that town will not come overnight to steal everything in that hall cos those boys there can still anything. Lazy set of guys resides there.

1 Like

Re: Wike Builds 500 Capacity Auditorium For NYSC In Rivers State by Originalsly: 6:13am On Aug 12, 2022
I can never understand how the Corpers ... the best and the future of Nigeria .... the cream of the society... can encamped in squalor... like animals ... and not start a riot. Spineless.
No doubt ... Wike has done what was not his responsibility. If the kitchen that was built was vandalized .... what security measures are in place to protect this new facility? The first contractor ran away with the money... really? ... and you did nothing? ...hmmmm.

I really want to know why the FG is not pressured to finance the project... or to improve conditions on camps nationwide. But then... why should the FG be concerned if the ones in the camps are not?
Re: Wike Builds 500 Capacity Auditorium For NYSC In Rivers State by Lawalatm: 6:14am On Aug 12, 2022
Stupid talk...appreciate good things...those corpers were suffering with it especially during the rainy season but you are here speaking negatively undecided undecided

Cholls:
My brother waste of money. Instead of him to use the money to buy tools for them for Handy work

2 Likes

Re: Wike Builds 500 Capacity Auditorium For NYSC In Rivers State by lomprico(m): 6:46am On Aug 12, 2022
Cholls:
My brother waste of money. Instead of him to use the money to buy tools for them for Handy work

Like the way some governor's buy wheelbarrow and cutlass for empowerment abi?
Re: Wike Builds 500 Capacity Auditorium For NYSC In Rivers State by SmartyPants(m): 6:51am On Aug 12, 2022
lexy2014:

That means rivers state should be like Dubai by now. If he is working a lot, why could his children not attend the state university?

Thats an absurd statement.

Dubai is a city State that controls more oil revenue than the entire Nigeria. Rivers is a State that is still dependent on the federal government allocation. It is also limited by what the constitution has determined must fall within the purview of federal governance. I.e, the exclusive legislative list.

I don't know why Wike's children don't attend State unis. There may be various reasons for that, none of which support the conclusion that Wike has not done well.

For example:

1. His children may simply prefer the foreign environment. They are entitled to that option.

2. His children may not be safe going to the state uni where they could be targetted.

3. It may even be true that Wike has failed in the area of state eduaction. Does failing one subject invalidate good performance in others?

3 Likes

Re: Wike Builds 500 Capacity Auditorium For NYSC In Rivers State by nedekid: 6:55am On Aug 12, 2022
Cholls:
You can buy them the tools, nothing wrong with you contributing.

1 Like

Re: Wike Builds 500 Capacity Auditorium For NYSC In Rivers State by maxzzo1(m): 7:10am On Aug 12, 2022
Few months to go Wike is still working.... Good one
Re: Wike Builds 500 Capacity Auditorium For NYSC In Rivers State by lagosrd: 7:34am On Aug 12, 2022
Cholls:

Learn to be grateful. Others didn't build it and he neither took the money away. Buy tools for those who are already yahoo yahoo minded
Re: Wike Builds 500 Capacity Auditorium For NYSC In Rivers State by mrkings84(m): 7:41am On Aug 12, 2022
Wike working everything workable.
Imagine having such a man as our president for 4 years....
Re: Wike Builds 500 Capacity Auditorium For NYSC In Rivers State by hush15: 7:59am On Aug 12, 2022
Symphony007:

https://independent.ng/wike-inaugurates-5000-capacity-nysc-auditorium-explains-support-to-corp-members/

He needs to desist from his bad character if he wants his good legacies to last a lifetime. He is an unforgiving, possessive being who believe everything must work his way.
Re: Wike Builds 500 Capacity Auditorium For NYSC In Rivers State by bonnyhope: 8:12am On Aug 12, 2022
Cholls:

See this one
Re: Wike Builds 500 Capacity Auditorium For NYSC In Rivers State by alcaptainero: 8:17am On Aug 12, 2022
Cholls:

Na so your state governor dey buy tools for corpers? See your life? Wike should jettison building this lasting edifice in Rivers state and use the money to buy tools for Corp members that are not even Rivers indigenes.
Re: Wike Builds 500 Capacity Auditorium For NYSC In Rivers State by lexy2014: 8:34am On Aug 12, 2022
SmartyPants:

Thats an absurd statement.

Dubai is a city State that controls more oil revenue than the entire Nigeria. Rivers is a State that is still dependent on the federal government allocation. It is also limited by what the constitution has determined must fall within the purview of federal governance. I.e, the exclusive legislative list.

There may be various reasons for that, none of which support the conclusion that Wike has not done well.

For example:

1. His children may simply prefer the foreign environment. They are entitled to that option.

2. His children may not be safe going to the state uni where they could be targetted.

3. It may even be true that Wike has failed in the area of state eduaction. Does failing one subject invalidate good performance in others?

Its unfortunate that many folks in Nigeria will choose to find excuses why those in power use state resources to provide the best for their families while you who is defending them is given crumbs and made to watch from a distance how they feast on your entitlement as a citizen.

The statement imade isn't absurd. It is very valid and you have even validated it by the things you have said. Was Dubai always this rich? Is their present prosperity wholely down to oil and their autonomy?

If you say Wike is limited in performance because Rivers state isn't autonomous but depends on FG for sustenance, where does Wike get the money he spends on frivolities like it is his personal money he is spending?

Look at you contradicting yourself:

"There may be various reasons for that, none of which support the conclusion that Wike has not done well."

Later you said:

"It may even be true that Wike has failed in the area of state eduaction."

At least am glad you acknowledged that he failed in education. If you say his failure in education doesn't "invalidate good performance in others", what are the others? If you saying he has performed in others, it then validates my statement that by now Rivers state should be like Dubai.

If Wikes children prefer foreign environment, where did Wike get the money to take them to the foreign environment ?

Since he travels abroad with his children, why can't he as governor use the resources of the state to provide "foreign environment" for every child in the state or is it only his children that prefer foreign environment? Abi, do you forbid foreign environment?

Why will his children not be safe and why will they be targeted? Who will target them?

Angelfrost

Re: Wike Builds 500 Capacity Auditorium For NYSC In Rivers State by naikeboy(m): 8:37am On Aug 12, 2022
Him try abeg see as the hall fine no be that poutry farm they camped us in Niger state..
Re: Wike Builds 500 Capacity Auditorium For NYSC In Rivers State by SmartyPants(m): 8:53am On Aug 12, 2022
lexy2014:

Its unfortunate that many folks in Nigeria will choose to find excuses why those in power use state resources to provide the best for their families while you who is defending them is given crumbs and made to watch from a distance how they feast on your entitlement as a citizen.

The statement imade isn't absurd. It is very valid and you have even validated it by the things you have said. Was Dubai always this rich? Is their present prosperity wholely down to oil and their autonomy?

If you say Wike is limited in performance because Rivers state isn't autonomous but depends on FG for sustenance, where does Wike get the money he spends on frivolities like it is his personal money he is spending?

Look at you contradicting yourself:

"There may be various reasons for that, none of which support the conclusion that Wike has not done well."

Later you said:

"It may even be true that Wike has failed in the area of state eduaction."

At least am glad you acknowledged that he failed in education. If you say his failure in education doesn't "invalidate good performance in others", what are the others? If you saying he has performed in others, it then validates my statement that by now Rivers state should be like Dubai.

If Wikes children prefer foreign environment, where did Wike get the money to take them to the foreign environment ?

Since he travels abroad with his children, why can't he as governor use the resources of the state to provide "foreign environment" for every child in the state or is it only his children that prefer foreign environment? Abi, do you forbid foreign environment?

Why will his children not be safe and why will they be targeted? Who will target them?

These arguments are a waste of my time honestly.

1. You are asking me if Dubai's wealth is totally down to oil wealth and autonomy. All that you see in Dubai was not built with sand. It was built with money - having the foresight to build it is an aspect of good governance but one must have the autonomy to make decisions before good decisions can be made. Isn't that obvious?

Logically, it is clear then, that regardless of whatever else is influencing the progress of Dubai, it cannot be divorced from having resources and the autonomy to make decisions. And therefore, the more money and the more autonomy one has, the more progress is expected.

2. If you read what I said and found a contradiction my best advice is that you fix the contradiction in your perception. There is no contradiction anywhere.

What I said was Wike has performed. And that even if he did not perform in one area, that does not mean he has not performed in general. I think even a primary school student can understand this point.

I also haven't said he hasn't done well in education. That is your own point, and I am merely telling you that even if we concede to you that he has failed in education that is immaterial for the reason I've posted above.

3. Where does Wike get the money to send his kids abroad if he is constrained by federal government allocation? Not sure what your point is here. Is it school fees money of a few millions that will transform the State? lol.

4. Why may Wike's kids be unsafe?

I think you just want to argue for some reason. So you can't conceive any reason why the children of a man with so many enemies in a country that is already generally unsafe, and in a state that is rife with cultism, might feel unsafe in a public uni?

Okay.
Re: Wike Builds 500 Capacity Auditorium For NYSC In Rivers State by Prince001(m): 8:58am On Aug 12, 2022
Softmirror:
WIKE ALWAYS COMMISSIONING PROJECTS.

Why commissioning project, it's something u are voted to do in d 1st place. It just like Doctor commissioning that he or she prescribes medicine for d patient. Yẹyẹ people, including anyone that sees what any of the politicians doing commending them.
Yoruba Nation, Biafra republic, Ijaw Nation no going back!!!!

1 Like

Re: Wike Builds 500 Capacity Auditorium For NYSC In Rivers State by Peppabae(f): 9:01am On Aug 12, 2022
[Nigerians are always complaining....nawa o...if he had commissioned an agricultural farm for nysc Corp members with the idea of empowering them....una go say he don turn corpers to farmers...oga rest abeg quote author=Cholls post=115608621]My brother waste of money. Instead of him to use the money to buy tools for them for Handy work[/quote]
Re: Wike Builds 500 Capacity Auditorium For NYSC In Rivers State by Jacopini: 9:05am On Aug 12, 2022
aribisala0:
You cannot speak more than you know.
That place can be rented out to generate money to pay for the building in a few years . It can be used for social and corporate activities as well as by local community.

NYSC will not use it everyday

Naso, spreader of ill views nd news
Re: Wike Builds 500 Capacity Auditorium For NYSC In Rivers State by Noblex2011(m): 9:24am On Aug 12, 2022
I commend him for this
But you can do better.
Re: Wike Builds 500 Capacity Auditorium For NYSC In Rivers State by lexy2014: 9:28am On Aug 12, 2022
SmartyPants:

These arguments are a waste of my time honestly.

1. You are asking me if Dubai's wealth is totally down to oil wealth and autonomy. All that you see in Dubai was not built with sand. It was built with money - having the foresight to build it is an aspect of good governance but one must have the autonomy to make decisions before good decisions can be made. Isn't that obvious?

Logically, it is clear then, that regardless of whatever else is influencing the progress of Dubai, it cannot be divorced from having resources and the autonomy to make decisions. And therefore, the more money and the more autonomy one has, the more progress is expected.

2. If you read what I said and found a contradiction my best advice is that you fix the contradiction in your perception. There is no contradiction anywhere.

What I said was Wike has performed. And that even if he did not perform in one area, that does not mean he has not performed in general. I think even a primary school student can understand this point.

I also haven't said he hasn't done well in education. That is your own point, and I am merely telling you that even if we concede to you that he has failed in education that is immaterial for the reason I've posted above.

3. Where does Wike get the money to send his kids abroad if he is constrained by federal government allocation? Not sure what your point is here. Is it school fees money of a few millions that will transform the State? lol.

4. Why may Wike's kids be unsafe?

I think you just want to argue for some reason. So you can't conceive any reason why the children of a man with so many enemies in a country that is already generally unsafe, and in a state that is rife with cultism, might feel unsafe in a public uni?

Okay.

Same way Dubai had resources is the same way Wike has resources. That's why I asked you which you failed to answer: "Was Dubai always this rich?"

Am glad that you mentioned foresight as part of the reasons for Dubai's success story. Does Wike have that foresight?

Is success about just having more money or what you do with the money you have? Hence, how is more money made?

Which leaves with the following unanswered questions...

Why will his children not be safe and why will they be targeted? Who will target them? Why do you say Wike has so many enemies?

What should happen to the children peasants in rivers state who feel unsafe? Should the governor not take them abroad along with his children?

Angelfrost, you see what I told you yday?

Re: Wike Builds 500 Capacity Auditorium For NYSC In Rivers State by Jostoman: 9:29am On Aug 12, 2022
Cholls:
as e dey pain you e dey sweet us.
Re: Wike Builds 500 Capacity Auditorium For NYSC In Rivers State by Softmirror: 9:33am On Aug 12, 2022
Prince001:

Why commissioning project, it's something u are voted to do in d 1st place. It just like Doctor commissioning that he or she prescribes medicine for d patient. Yẹyẹ people, including anyone that sees what any of the politicians doing commending them.
Yoruba Nation, Biafra republic, Ijaw Nation no going back!!!!

grin

YOUR ANALOGY IS VERY FAULTY AND YOUR COMMENT IS ONE OF ARROGANCE TO SAY THE LEAST.
Re: Wike Builds 500 Capacity Auditorium For NYSC In Rivers State by SmartyPants(m): 9:45am On Aug 12, 2022
lexy2014:

Same way Dubai had resources is the same way Wike has resources. That's why I asked you which you failed to answer: "Was Dubai always this rich?"

Am glad that you mentioned foresight as part of the reasons for Dubai's success story. Does Wike have that foresight?

Is success about just having more money or what you do with the money you have? Hence, how is more money made?

Which leaves with the following unanswered questions...

Why will his children not be safe and why will they be targeted? Who will target them? Why do you say Wike has so many enemies?

What should happen to the children peasants in rivers state who feel unsafe? Should the governor not take them abroad along with his children?

Angelfrost, you see what I told you yday?

1. Dubai's wealth started with oil. Go and read rather than typing long statements based on ignorance. Wike does not have a fraction of the resources Dubai had at its disposal.

2. I think it is clear that my opinion is that Wike has done well with what he has at his disposal. He may not be a great visionary but I never attributed a great vision to him. I said he has worked. Which he has.

3. I don't know where Wike got his money. I know he is a lawyer and career politician, and his wife is a senior judge. Do you feel it is unusual for such people to be able to afford school fees abroad?

In any case, it has nothing to do with my point that he is doing well in his State.
Re: Wike Builds 500 Capacity Auditorium For NYSC In Rivers State by Prince001(m): 9:52am On Aug 12, 2022
Softmirror:

grin

YOUR ANALOGY IS VERY FAULTY AND YOUR COMMENT IS ONE OF ARROGANCE TO SAY THE LEAST.

Its funny, u replied in capital accusing someone of something. Writing capital letter is shouting online. Why shouting náà lol. My observation and opinion was just my take on that their yeye commissioning of project. If u enjoy suffering and smiling pls suit urself and continue!!!!!!!
Re: Wike Builds 500 Capacity Auditorium For NYSC In Rivers State by tafat: 10:01am On Aug 12, 2022
Yes wike might talk alot but he is also working, we have to give him that.
Re: Wike Builds 500 Capacity Auditorium For NYSC In Rivers State by lexy2014: 10:15am On Aug 12, 2022
SmartyPants:

1. Dubai's wealth started with oil. Go and read rather than typing long statements based on ignorance. Wike does not have a fraction of the resources Dubai had at its disposal.

2. I think it is clear that my opinion is that Wike has done well with what he has at his disposal. He may not be a great visionary but I never attributed a great vision to him. I said he has worked. Which he has.

3. I don't know where Wike got his money. I know he is a lawyer and career politician, and his wife is a senior judge. Do you feel it is unusual for such people to be able to afford school fees abroad?

In any case, it has nothing to do with my point that he is doing well in his State.

Since you say foresight is a major reas6for Dubai's success and you say Wike doesn't have foresight, how then are you saying oil is the difference between success and failure? Does Japan have oil? Does china, Switzerland, Germany or France have oil?

Which is why I asked you this question which you have failed to answer: "Was Dubai always this rich?"

Pls when was the last time Wike went to court as a lawyer? If you say that he is a career politician, what is his income as a career politician?

Which still leaves us with the following questions unanswered:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Relocating To Abuja For My Nysc / Corper Dies Of Heart Attack In Sokoto / Kwara State NYSC Band, Recreates "Game Of Thrones" Theme Song

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.