Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,621 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

What's Your View About Using Antidepressants - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What's Your View About Using Antidepressants (1762 Views)

About Using 'veet' Hair Removal Cream For Shaving / Fashola Sacks Striking Doctors In Lagos- What Is Your View / What Is Your View About K-leg People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your View About Using Antidepressants by ayo84(m): 6:53am On Aug 16, 2007
Are antidepressants safe or are they harmful
Re: What's Your View About Using Antidepressants by Leilah(f): 11:34pm On Aug 20, 2007
They are safe. But coming off them you have to taper the treatment and not withdraw from them abruptly. I have been on them for two years now from stress after post natal depression. Two years now but I am fine. On top of the world sometimes grin
Re: What's Your View About Using Antidepressants by ayo84(m): 1:06pm On Aug 21, 2007
iv heard of some cases of individuals who have committed suicide or violent crimes while under the influence of the newer antidepressants such as Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil, Luvox and Celexa.

Well i believe there are natural alternaives instead of using these drugs

http://dutonialmx./2007/08/16/are-antidepressants-safe/
Re: What's Your View About Using Antidepressants by PTBNaija(f): 5:03pm On Aug 21, 2007
Benefits outweigh the costs. If you have severe depression, I would go for them. Though I believe I have heard of people committing suicide because of them.
Re: What's Your View About Using Antidepressants by Seun(m): 5:25pm On Aug 21, 2007
People don't commit suicide because of anti-depressants. They commit suicide because of depression, duh!

1 Like

Re: What's Your View About Using Antidepressants by PTBNaija(f): 11:12pm On Aug 21, 2007
Sorry. . .that was my mistake. They commit suicide because of the lack of medication. Those who have depression are also at a greater risk of things like heart attacks, diabetes and other problems because they don't tend to take care of themselves.

1 Like

Re: What's Your View About Using Antidepressants by Leilah(f): 12:13am On Aug 23, 2007
Well I have NEVER thought of suicide i just could not stop crying for no reason after having my daughter she has Attention Deficit Disorder and they help me to cope with that. Suicide has never crossed my mind. I value my soul too much for that!

(1) (Reply)

Douche / Photo Of The Strange Disease In Ode Irele (viewer Discretion) / Having Trouble Sleeping? This Breathing Trick Can Help You Fall Asleep In Less T

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.