Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

How Best Can I Take Care Of My Old Parents? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Best Can I Take Care Of My Old Parents? (751 Views)

Tie Your Manhood With Rope If You Are Not Ready To Take Care Of A Child - Man / Men, You Must Take Care Of The Baby Even If DNA Confirms The baby Is Not Yours / Son-in-law Impregnates Mother-in-law Who Came To Take Care Of Newborn Baby (pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Best Can I Take Care Of My Old Parents? by jeromestarks: 11:48am On Aug 12, 2022
My parents are very old, 70 and above.
Please what should I do to make their lives beautiful and stress free?
I want them to enjoy the fruit of their labour.
How are you taking care of your parents?

1 Like

Re: How Best Can I Take Care Of My Old Parents? by rickpat(m): 12:10pm On Aug 12, 2022
first of all...make sure their environment is clean... secondly their food..mainly Vegetables and fruits... thirdly their entertainment eg I remember buy a radio for my 70year old mum,that radio means everything to her.. like her love..just like wev have online pals..mama has her radio pals...
thirdly their medications,try to always meet up with their medical supplies..it could be monthly or weekly

lastly call them often...old people are like babies... they love when you call them...call them pet names and tell them they are beautiful....they don't ask for much...just little things and they are happy knowing that you love THEM

MAY GOD PROVIDE FOR US ALL TO TAKE GOOD CARE OF OUR AGED PARENTS.. Amen.....

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Best Can I Take Care Of My Old Parents? by ibechris(m): 1:13pm On Aug 12, 2022
My dad is about 74 and still very strong and my mum in her late 60s...

My dad is a pensioner and I make sure I send them money that covers their monthly feeding and extra cash for pockets money on a monthly basis.

I don't know how much my brothers give that is how I give mine.

I equally send money when they are doing their village meeting for drinks,foods and whatever they intend to buy.

Recently,I am building a two bed room apartment for them exclusive from the family house so that they can enjoy the remaining part of their lives on earth.

The house shall be ready this coming November.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Best Can I Take Care Of My Old Parents? by jeromestarks: 1:47pm On Aug 12, 2022
rickpat:
first of all...make sure their environment is clean... secondly their food..mainly Vegetables and fruits... thirdly their entertainment eg I remember buy a radio for my 70year old mum,that radio means everything to her.. like her love..just like wev have online pals..mama has her radio pals...
thirdly their medications,try to always meet up with their medical supplies..it could be monthly or weekly

lastly call them often...old people are like babies... they love when you call them...call them pet names and tell them they are beautiful....they don't ask for much...just little things and they are happy knowing that you love THEM

Amen and Amen!
Re: How Best Can I Take Care Of My Old Parents? by jeromestarks: 1:48pm On Aug 12, 2022
ibechris:
My dad is about 74 and still very strong and my mum in her late 60s...

My dad is a pensioner and I make sure I send them money that covers their monthly feeding and extra cash for pockets money on a monthly basis.

I don't know how much my brothers give that is how I give mine.

I equally send money when they are doing their village meeting for drinks,foods and whatever they intend to buy.

Recently,I am building a two bed room apartment for them exclusive from the family house so that they can enjoy the remaining part of their lives on earth.

The house shall be ready this coming November.

Wow. That's great.
Re: How Best Can I Take Care Of My Old Parents? by Samuelnze(m): 2:05pm On Aug 18, 2022
rickpat:

Amen... Amen.. Dear thanks for the nice tips
Re: How Best Can I Take Care Of My Old Parents? by HeyHey(f): 11:16am On Aug 19, 2022
Seun

OAM4J mynd44 lalastical seun justwise farano

Please push to FP,
Could really learn a lot from this
Re: How Best Can I Take Care Of My Old Parents? by emmanuelbrown26: 12:54pm On Aug 19, 2022
As an elder, u gat to do d following
1. Their medication is paramount
2. Somebody must around them
3. Find out what makes them happy and make it available
4. Whenever u are around them, take dem to some cool and mature spot for relaxation
5. Always keep in touch with them.
6. If u hv any black sheep in d family, mak sure that d black sheep is far from them.
7. Never allow them to engage in land tusle.
Mak I sip my palm wine, I dey cum

2 Likes

Re: How Best Can I Take Care Of My Old Parents? by capetownboyz(m): 2:11pm On Aug 19, 2022
Make sure they living conditions is good and steady supply funds to their account..that is all .

1 Like

Re: How Best Can I Take Care Of My Old Parents? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 19, 2022
I don't know what it means to have an aged mom because my mum died at the age of 42. So don't really know what old women like.

As for pops, he died at 70 + but then again he was the type that never really relied on us cos he was a pensioner and was very ok on his own. Maybe just little cash gifts we gave him a few times before he passed on.

I can't even remember if I in particular really gave him much though.

Just try to check on them as often as you get the chance to. And stock up their home with provisions.

Then get them multivitamins for aged people to help revitalize their bodies.

Get them a small help that will be helping them with errands and keeping the house tidy. If you're not comfortable with a permanent help, you can get a mature woman that will be coming and going.
Re: How Best Can I Take Care Of My Old Parents? by jeromestarks: 4:20pm On Aug 19, 2022
Blessedmercy8:
I don't know what it means to have an aged mom because my mum died at the age of 42. So don't really know what old women like.

As for pops, he died at 70 + but then again he was the type that never really relied on us cos he was a pensioner and was very ok on his own. Maybe just little cash gifts we gave him a few times before he passed on.

I can't even remember if I in particular really gave him much though.

Just try to check on them as often as you get the chance to. And stock up their home with provisions.

Then get them multivitamins for aged people to help revitalize their bodies.

Get them a small help that will be helping them with errands and keeping the house tidy. If you're not comfortable with a permanent help, you can get a mature woman that will be coming and going.

Sorry for your loss dear.
Thanks for the tip.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

She Is As and I'm As / Ungrateful Siblings / New To The UK Looking For Nigerian Friends In Nottingham

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.