Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,893 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:32 PM

Could My Wife Be Cheating With My Friend? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Could My Wife Be Cheating With My Friend? (49140 Views)

Man Catches His Wife Cheating With Another Man In Their Bedroom - Video / 10 Reasons Why Your Husband May Be Cheating On You / Could My Wife Be Cheating On Me? Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Could My Wife Be Cheating With My Friend? by dave601: 7:08pm On Aug 13, 2022
Osama2478:
Nairalanders,

Please I need you to help me have a third eye into a personal matter. Although, I have taken a position, I just wanted to be sure I never overreacted.

I am a guy based in Europe and my wife is in Nigeria. I have only been away for a year.

There was a day I was calling my wife on phone and her other phone was ringing which I asked her to pick up but she never did only to say that it was my friend calling her. I was surprised and asked her immediately how did my friend get know her other number. She gave some not-so-convincing explanation but I let it slide.

Curiously, when I returned to Nigeria, I discovered that this friend sent money to her and she never told me about it. The so called friend also didn't tell me anything. In fact, he has always acted as if he wasn't having any contact with my wife.

When I saw the transaction, my wife wanted to manipulate the situation to make it look like I was invading her privacy. I stood my ground to know what purpose the money was meant for but no reasonable explanation.

I called the friend too to know what the money was meant for but only retorted if he couldn't give my wife money as a friend. He couldn't offer any reasonable explanation. With high sense of modesty, this is a guy that would wish to be in my position economic wise and I have always been very generous to my wife when it comes to money. Therefore, financial lack could not be an excuse.

After this experience, I severe my friendship with the guy and rein in on my wife too. I felt that was not the kind of friendship any reasonable person should keep because I felt betrayed by his actions and inactions in relating with my wife behind me. I also see both of them (friend and wife) to be dangerous to my well-being.

Please I will like to know if I overreacted.

Thank you.

MOD please take it to front page for wider views and opinions

Friend, please permit me to speak firmly. This idea of oversea relationships—I'm in China, my wife and children are in Finland—thing is not very ideal: in fact, I think it's bad. Cos I think it defeats the purpose of marriage altogether.

I take the point that there's need to travel, hustle and earn a living, but it's better not to marry before going, or go and marry over there, or possibly take your wife and family along with you.

As much I hate cheating, and won't support the two of them, can you really convince me that you've never cheated since you travelled?

I mean in terms of physical or emotional cheating?

When I was doing private tutoring. I almost fell for the trap of a woman whose husband was away. I knew I might not be going there for long, cos I noticed she wanted us to be getting quite close as friends (nothing sexual, though). But I knew it would just take step by step journey before I got cornered by temptations later: as I was already getting offered to sleep over in their house. And I could tell she started getting offended for not accepting to get too close.

Please, if possible, get your family to come be with you. Children growing up without physical support of the dad is not very great.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: Could My Wife Be Cheating With My Friend? by DukeNija(m): 7:10pm On Aug 13, 2022
RIDOO:

A lot of men abandoned their wives in Nigeria with no plan of bringing them over with them .
It is not all women that can hold spirit, body and soul together..But their husbands expect them to remain an angel while they are free like a bird in the air.
Btw when planning abroad plan with ur family...If you can't go together....try to relocate them asap.The devil has entered many families through this route.May our marriages not fail cos of greener pastures.

You’d be shocked that the wife instigated this plan. You think men are comfortable leaving behind their families? Women are daughters of Eve for a reason. You plan with them and they turn and do something else and still pin it on you. You take the fall for something you didn’t even do.

1 Like

Re: Could My Wife Be Cheating With My Friend? by DukeNija(m): 7:13pm On Aug 13, 2022
crackhouse:
When are u going back to your base? U should allow them to enjoy themselves please since u marry wife leave am in naija for another person...

The wife na monkey Abi dog wey no get self control. Una just dey misyarn. What if dude is sick for almost a year? Na the whole community go pipe him wife by your logic.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could My Wife Be Cheating With My Friend? by loliapoopy2013(f): 7:16pm On Aug 13, 2022
You kept her here, while you are enjoying yourself over there. Who will judge you for the ones you are doing over there?
Why not take her to join you? Marriage is not all about money, but companionship, emotional, spiritual, physical and moral support. That is why some woman will happily love and stick with their husbands under any condition. You must have also heard of women married to wealthy men who leave them to find love. Money can't give love, your presence, attention, care and support can buy all the love, which is what she may be missing( not making excuses for her). Don't expose your family to wolves, like your friend, who must have gradually filled in your vacuum.

1 Like

Re: Could My Wife Be Cheating With My Friend? by latolz: 7:20pm On Aug 13, 2022
E dey bang ya wife.. Simple
Re: Could My Wife Be Cheating With My Friend? by Komu1048(m): 7:21pm On Aug 13, 2022
thundervirus:
Make I wait for elders

Wow. I dedicate this first time comment to all man u fans, I feel ur pains brother, come join the best club. Liverpool FC. Cos u will never walk alone

Pity fire, when Ferguson was there n dem dey do ojoro upandan who dem pity
Re: Could My Wife Be Cheating With My Friend? by blaise26abj(m): 7:22pm On Aug 13, 2022
Osama2478:
Thank you for your contribution. I have only tried to shorten the story as much as possible. As of this moment, she is now with me in Europe. As someone also said above, she was never remorseful about the whole thing in fact, she never saw anything wrong in what she did.

Before I saw the fund transfer between them, I have been working on her traveling plans alongside the kids. When their visas were approved, I was still keeping the whole thing under wrap and was hoping to start telling people until they reach here or closer to their departure, I never knew that my wife had already told that my friend. Only for the guy to reach out to me to show him ways on how to travel and pretending as if he didn't know anything about the visas of my family.

From the way he was talking, he gave himself out until I found out that my wife had to him. It is one of the reasons why I ended my friendship with the guy as I don't consider him as a friend anymore. As for the wife too, I can't afford to close my two eyes while with her again. It is very obvious that I am dealing with a dangerous woman.

For this abroad, I am scared of having any significant investment to her knowledge because I am tired and wary of her. A marriage without trust is as good as dead.

Please answer these ? Is it possible he borrowed money from her ? Or she buys and sells and he patronized her or his wife( if married ) patronized her and he paid ?
Otherwise You just jumped from frying pan to fire . That wife go show you shege for Europe . Be extremely careful . Once she sees that women can use the system against men , expect trouble . It’s better to start planning and preparing for that eventuality than for it to catch you unawares . That woman has/had something with your friend . A friend that will be speaking with your wife without your knowledge is a SNAKE . It’s good you cut him off

1 Like

Re: Could My Wife Be Cheating With My Friend? by BigDawsNet: 7:22pm On Aug 13, 2022
Antimarraige:
damn that's a a poverty mentality, I can't live with any lady for more than 2 days so even if Oprah Winfrey propose I will pick race.

I get bastard money myself and my mental health is more important than any rich lady or rich family

Which one is bastard money again grin grin

So what's your plan with having kids
Re: Could My Wife Be Cheating With My Friend? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Aug 13, 2022
Osama2478:
Nairalanders,

Please I need you to help me have a third eye into a personal matter. Although, I have taken a position, I just wanted to be sure I never overreacted.

I am a guy based in Europe and my wife is in Nigeria. I have only been away for a year.

There was a day I was calling my wife on phone and her other phone was ringing which I asked her to pick up but she never did only to say that it was my friend calling her. I was surprised and asked her immediately how did my friend get know her other number. She gave some not-so-convincing explanation but I let it slide.

Curiously, when I returned to Nigeria, I discovered that this friend sent money to her and she never told me about it. The so called friend also didn't tell me anything. In fact, he has always acted as if he wasn't having any contact with my wife.

When I saw the transaction, my wife wanted to manipulate the situation to make it look like I was invading her privacy. I stood my ground to know what purpose the money was meant for but no reasonable explanation.

I called the friend too to know what the money was meant for but only retorted if he couldn't give my wife money as a friend. He couldn't offer any reasonable explanation. With high sense of modesty, this is a guy that would wish to be in my position economic wise and I have always been very generous to my wife when it comes to money. Therefore, financial lack could not be an excuse.

After this experience, I severe my friendship with the guy and rein in on my wife too. I felt that was not the kind of friendship any reasonable person should keep because I felt betrayed by his actions and inactions in relating with my wife behind me. I also see both of them (friend and wife) to be dangerous to my well-being.

Thank you.

My advice, never trust male friends around your woman. It never ends well.
Re: Could My Wife Be Cheating With My Friend? by Johnsown1(m): 7:27pm On Aug 13, 2022
I think you might be over thinking bro, though am not married yet but I have been around some women whom their husbands are abroad. Some guys comes around them. gives cash gifts and helping hands to them but they will never go down with them. Salutation is not love. We are all human, do you think it's easy for her emotionally not to have you around. Don't make careless mistakes. Confirm before you confront so that you may not end up been confounded.
Re: Could My Wife Be Cheating With My Friend? by Olumaeme: 7:27pm On Aug 13, 2022
Obviously, there's something going on.
You see, when somebody is trying to conceal or hide information, it's a clear indication that they are doing something others shouldn't know about and in that kind of situation it's too clear.
Re: Could My Wife Be Cheating With My Friend? by Enumerator(m): 7:28pm On Aug 13, 2022
You said it all
Antimarraige:
From 2010 upwards, na fool dey marry grin

Enjoy your woes
Re: Could My Wife Be Cheating With My Friend? by Truthsoldier(m): 7:30pm On Aug 13, 2022
My friend I can tell you that your so-called friend is having an affair with your wife, but it's good you severed that relationship with that your friend but be really careful.........
Re: Could My Wife Be Cheating With My Friend? by BloomingDale(f): 7:30pm On Aug 13, 2022
DukeNija:

Classic whataboutery! Wifey ain’t worth shit if she’s not ready to own up to her mistakes and make her marriage work. She’s lucky she married the man she did. Suspected of cheating? If a woman is worth one penny, she would never, I repeat never take a dime from her husbands friend let alone deny and cover for him. Please get lost!

Get lost? Dude, you came on my mention. You are just a classic example of a misogynistic fool.
Re: Could My Wife Be Cheating With My Friend? by Sapeleomi: 7:32pm On Aug 13, 2022
Osama2478:
Sorry to hear about your ordeal bro.

I see there is serious trust issue... Now that she is in Europe.. Time is pregnant and her true character will be revealed when she is financially independence!!! . I think you need to establish if she would protect your interest .for example, can you rely on her to go to work and pay bills when you are unable to work, or share bills.. Be respectful, open and be a team player in terms of finances and bills?.
I think you should be watchful and have a plan B if she takes you for granted? If she values the relationship all will be revealed?
I beg you despite your suspicion and your feelings toward her..Please never be violent or abusive to her verbally, physically, financially and psychological.. Watch carefully and ensure your finances and an alternative place of stay is arranged for yourself in case of any sudden dissolution...
They are good women out there.. I pray you meet them...

I wish you well...

___--—--------------------____-------------------------((((((((

Thank you for your contribution. I have only tried to shorten the story as much as possible. As of this moment, she is now with me in Europe. As someone also said above, she was never remorseful about the whole thing in fact, she never saw anything wrong in what she did.

Before I saw the fund transfer between them, I have been working on her traveling plans alongside the kids. When their visas were approved, I was still keeping the whole thing under wrap and was hoping to start telling people until they reach here or closer to their departure, I never knew that my wife had already told that my friend. Only for the guy to reach out to me to show him ways on how to travel and pretending as if he didn't know anything about the visas of my family.

From the way he was talking, he gave himself out until I found out that my wife had to him. It is one of the reasons why I ended my friendship with the guy as I don't consider him as a friend anymore. As for the wife too, I can't afford to close my two eyes while with her again. It is very obvious that I am dealing with a dangerous woman.

For this abroad, I am scared of having any significant investment to her knowledge because I am tired and wary of her. A marriage without trust is as good as dead.

Re: Could My Wife Be Cheating With My Friend? by teeshet: 7:32pm On Aug 13, 2022
pedrilo:
Something indeed happened.
With the way a married woman is seriously seeking my attention in the office, I dnt know why she wants to fcck me. I dnt just know
you are a big fool. Dont you have prick. Fùck her and cum on her face.
Re: Could My Wife Be Cheating With My Friend? by DukeNija(m): 7:32pm On Aug 13, 2022
BloomingDale:

Get lost? Dude, you came on my mention. You are just a classic example of a misogynistic fool.

You’re a feminist clown by every sense of it. I came on your mention to correct your stupidity.

1 Like

Re: Could My Wife Be Cheating With My Friend? by BRATISLAVA: 7:33pm On Aug 13, 2022
Keep up your red pill energy, you will get what you focus on.

You believe you will starve your woman of money to prove her faithfulness, since all one reads on this useless forum is test after test after complaint after complaint for women. Your friend is doing what you don't want to do. It's not as if you've been a saint where you are.

Meanwhile, grab your popcorn viewers. It's the season of anti-women fiction. Because only men are hard done by in relationships. Whenever they come up with their fiction, they always wanted to marry her, or bring her to live with them overseas. And now they have doubts. They need bro advice. Old storyline

2 Likes

Re: Could My Wife Be Cheating With My Friend? by Mercury12(m): 7:33pm On Aug 13, 2022
virginprincess:
So because your friend gave your wife money you just concluded that she is cheating on you without any concrete evidenceundecided undecided,nawa for some men sha,anyway,what i see there is that you never trusted your wife from the onset if not why would you just conclude that she's cheating on you .

That is how my girlfriend saw lipstick on my neck and concluded that I'm am cheating cry
Re: Could My Wife Be Cheating With My Friend? by sochijioke(m): 7:35pm On Aug 13, 2022
Osama2478:
Nairalanders,

Thank you.

Hmmmmm...this is seriously dangerous.
Re: Could My Wife Be Cheating With My Friend? by micflo28(m): 7:40pm On Aug 13, 2022
I hate it when women are so secretive to a dangerous level. One year away from your wife is too much though. Find a way to take her along to wherever you are based outside nigeria. Hunger no dey kill african man. Sexual urge and expectations of a women is not the same as when she was under her parents roof. She is married and expect to get it uninterrupted from her husband. Dont joke with that aspect.
Re: Could My Wife Be Cheating With My Friend? by showafrica(m): 7:40pm On Aug 13, 2022
Osama2478:
Nairalanders,

Thank you.

Friends is the list thing I keep in Nigeria. Everybody is just bad, I don't know if something is wrong with me but friends usually take advantage of me at any slightest opportunity and I don't know why. I make sure I follow anyone i call a friend with clean heart but the reverse is always the case. I just closed case of friendship. The only problem is sometimes you will need a friend to gyrate with but it's not benefiting me for now. May be I will make new friends at 50yrs.

2 Likes

Re: Could My Wife Be Cheating With My Friend? by Yankiss(m): 7:44pm On Aug 13, 2022
virginprincess:
So because your friend gave your wife money you just concluded that she is cheating on you without any concrete evidenceundecided undecided,nawa for some men sha,anyway,what i see there is that you never trusted your wife from the onset if not why would you just conclude that she's cheating on you .
Trust is earned, my dear. Nothing like not trusting. Read again. She didnt lack. The guy in question would be glad to be in the husband's financial level. She didnt inform him about the money, he didnt inform him either. That alone is a red flag. Phone ringing. Who? Friend. Pick it. Didnt. Red flag no. 2. Husband has been away for one year. I do not support that method of leaving spouse behind. She became vulnerable. Being his friend, the guy is the nearest she could cheat with without attracting attention. I am fairly certain there's ground for suspicion.

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Could My Wife Be Cheating With My Friend? by drnoel: 7:46pm On Aug 13, 2022
Osama2478:
Nairalanders,

Thank you.

You are overreacting probably due to insecurities on your part. You should never let anyone have so much power over you enough to make you question your sanity or the confidence in yourself.
By the actions you have taken so far, you have questioned all those.
There is nothing wrong in a good friend giving your wife money. But she should tell u. You are marrying your wife not your friend. She should be the bone or your bone not the crisis of your troubles.
Reassess your position on this issue. Call both separately and question them. Get the truth out for your peace of mind. Then move on.
Nobody is worth breaking your head over
Re: Could My Wife Be Cheating With My Friend? by pedrilo: 7:46pm On Aug 13, 2022
teeshet:
you are a big fool. Dont you have prick. Fùck her and cum on her face.
U have a brain, use it next time
Re: Could My Wife Be Cheating With My Friend? by showafrica(m): 7:54pm On Aug 13, 2022
Richy4:
<< Trust is really dead in this weird world..
***Does it mean that this can never be a possible scenario any more in this weird world?**

<< John my friend stays in France, the wife Sandra stays in Nigeria...
<<On a good day, out of my kind and benevolent heart, gave Sandra 30K to buy icecream for the kids and herself.. thinking I was looking out for the interest of my friends John..
<<John came back to Nigeria, saw the alert on the wife's phone and began to "Meleske"
<< My goodness, suddenly turned into betrayal, adultery and infidelity
<< Na waaaOo!! embarassed

Simple explain... My brother, guilt shows in the face. Friend was calling same time with husband and wife didnt pick even after approval to speak with him first. What happens to... Hubby do you know John your friend saw me today and gave me money to something for kids. Hubby will call John and thank him. Simple life

1 Like

Re: Could My Wife Be Cheating With My Friend? by Lugianostar(m): 7:56pm On Aug 13, 2022
Something is cooking and the guy has been eating up the cooked food without your notice?

You where not inform too?
Re: Could My Wife Be Cheating With My Friend? by fof1: 8:03pm On Aug 13, 2022
Osama2478:
Nairalanders,

Thank you.

If u are just returning...u better do Medicals on her,perhaps She may be Pregnant...trying to Discharge... There is no Excuse...He was holding Brief for You.
Re: Could My Wife Be Cheating With My Friend? by fof1: 8:04pm On Aug 13, 2022
Osama2478:
Nairalanders,

Thank you.

If u are just returning...u better do Medicals on her,perhaps She may be Pregnant...trying to Discharge.There is no Excuse...He was holding Brief for You.
Re: Could My Wife Be Cheating With My Friend? by Emmani360(m): 8:06pm On Aug 13, 2022
The problem is not that they are relating but that they are doing it behind you and that’s a very big red flag.
Something might be going on but just observe more before you conclude
Re: Could My Wife Be Cheating With My Friend? by PastorandMentor(m): 8:07pm On Aug 13, 2022
From all indications, you are not friends with your wife.
If your wife was your friend, she'd gladly tell you everything happening around her including your friends monetary gifts. Believe me, when a woman is deeply in love with guy you, every important aspect of her life, she'll share them with you.
I can categorically telling you that your wife has something to do with they guu.
Re: Could My Wife Be Cheating With My Friend? by agabaI23(m): 8:08pm On Aug 13, 2022
virginprincess:
It is not just giving money. I don't know how old you are but, a 15 year old girl will only hide a gift from her parents if she thinks they will frown at coming from an opposite. The said girl will collect such a gift if she has something going on.

Before a married woman will collect a gift from a man and hide it from her husband, she knows it is tied to something she doesn't want the husband to know about.

Ordinarily, she would inform the husband so that he would thank the Idiat.

So it is not OK.

Now the major issue is the friend having her number which the hubby thought should be reserved for close friends.

That is a give away.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

This Pretty Girl Is Missing (PHOTOS) / Kanedrick Kingsley Agwu Breaks Down As DNA Reveals He Didn’t Father Two Children / Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.