Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,638 members, 7,809,398 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly (18686 Views)

Tinubu Admitted To Me He Had No Blueprints On How To Govern Nigeria — Naja'atu / Opposition Parties Claim Majority In House Of Representatives, First Time Ever / Dayo Isreal: Tinubu Doesn't Sleep Until 4am, He Is Fit To Govern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by conductor60000: 4:48am On Aug 13, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

Who owns AirPeace, no be Iboman Igboman?
No be Iboname is printed on that plane?

How many plane do you see with personal name painted on it?

No be loudness be dat?
No be ibo like noise?

6 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by DrAkpamudehe: 4:49am On Aug 13, 2022
loosecanon50:

So you're the one that understand the intricacies. Why not contest then so we can vote for you?

Be careful. You don't know who is who, on nairaland

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Perfectbeing(m): 4:51am On Aug 13, 2022
loosecanon50:
I can see people saying "this man doesn't understand governance". The typical Nigerian is used to bad governance and suffering, they see it as a norm. That's why when they see attempt at good governance, the deem it impossible and unrealistic.
Should I remind you of what the Senate did to Buhari when he wanted to stop budget padding in 2016. That's the Senate where the majority are in his party o.
They didn't approve the budget and for almost half a year, Nigeria was running without a budget.

With all Buhari's power and him being a Fulani general, he gats bend and allowed them have their way.

Yet Obi is saying he can do all these..

Both him and his supporters doesn't even know how things work in this country.

9 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Nobody: 5:00am On Aug 13, 2022
Perfectbeing:
Should I remind you of what the Senate did to Buhari when he wanted to stop budget padding in 2016. That's the Senate where the majority are in his party o.
They didn't approve the budget and for almost half a year, Nigeria was running without a budget.

With all Buhari's power and him being a Fulani general, he gats bend and allowed them have their way.

Yet Obi is saying he can do all these..

Both him and his supporters doesn't even know how things work in this country.

No senator or rep member can try that because there wont be padded budget while Nigerians would stand with Obi. The house of assembly would then know recalling is possible.

Once the head and all around him/her are not stealing, corruption is out 70%... thats a fact in every organization.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Perfectbeing(m): 5:11am On Aug 13, 2022
Esseite:

No senator or rep member can try that because there wont be padded budget while Nigerians would stand with Obi. The house of assembly would then know recalling is possible.

Once the head and all around him/her are not stealing, corruption is out 70%... thats a fact in every organization.
You guys are no longer in touch with reality.
Why not stand with him now and elect the senators you want?

So anytime the Senate doesn't do what Obi wants, he will come and cry to the people and they will help him fight the Senate? Is that what you're saying?

If you guys want him to perform now, start by electing senators you think will help him in 2023.

8 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Nobody: 5:29am On Aug 13, 2022
Perfectbeing:

So anytime the Senate doesn't do what Obi wants, he will come and cry to the people and they will help him fight the Senate? Is that what you're saying?

If you guys want him to perform now, start by electing senators you think will help him in 2023.

This is Just stockholm syndrome.

Trust me, no senate or senator would want to be behind as one that is holding up a very true and transparent budget at a time the country is at the brink.. Nigerians gave the senators powers, Nigerians should acknowledge they have the powers to control what affects them... The senate would have to give us valid reason why the have stepped down the budget which obviously would not be "padding" as usual.

6 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by conductor60000: 5:33am On Aug 13, 2022
Perfectbeing:

Labour Party senators will win at least 20 - 30% of seats plus defectors they will be majority. Even if they're not majority no party will be overwhelming majority. Eg Labour 30%, PDP 30% APC 30%, APGA, etc 10%.

And don't tell me you believe the senators are enemies of the president. This is not hatred and bile on Nairaland. Even if you hate the president you can't come out one morning and impeach him. There must be tangible reasons.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Perfectbeing(m): 5:45am On Aug 13, 2022
Esseite:

This is Just stockholm syndrome.

Trust me, no senate or senator would want to be behind as one that is holding up a very true and transparent budget at a time the country is at the brink.. Nigerians gave the senators powers, Nigerians should acknowledge they have the powers to control what affects them... The senate would have to give us valid reason why the have stepped down the budget which obviously would not be "padding" as usual.
If you guys wanted Nigeria to work then you would have supported Buhari then and questioned the senators. But instead, you were all criticizing and complaining.

When Buhari felt that he had power and tried to stop the corruption in Niger Delta amensty program that gulps almost $100 million yearly, NDA (Niger Delta Avengers) showed him shege by bombing oil infrastructures in the South and reduced our oil production from almost 2 million to less than N800k barrels per day. Up till now we haven't still recovered are still hovering around 1.2 million barrels per day.
How does Peter Obi want to stop that corruption? Abi will the people also rally against the NDA and force them to stop?

7 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Perfectbeing(m): 5:51am On Aug 13, 2022
conductor60000:

Labour Party senators will win at least 20 - 30% of seats plus defectors they will be majority. Even if they're not majority no party will be overwhelming majority. Eg Labour 30%, PDP 30% APC 30%, APGA, etc 10%.

And don't tell me you believe the senators are enemies of the president. This is not hatred and bile on Nairaland. Even if you hate the president you can't come out one morning and impeach him. There must be tangible reasons.
Labour win 30%? grin
How many Governorship seat will labour also win? grin

You think with the insecurity happening today, if it was Jonathan or a weak president they won't impeach him?
The Senate only need 2/3 of their votes to impeach a president
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by desiredhome: 5:59am On Aug 13, 2022
Quest7777:

Good Leadership starts with integrity & trust.

Aspirants that massively bribed & bought the conscience of delegates have failed the integrity test. cool

Let's do away with evil Brooms & Umbrellas and vote for Human Beings this time around...
I wish PO was not from that region where they hate Nigeria, where hypocrisy run in their blood.......... maybe we should've tried him....., cool cool

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by desiredhome: 6:06am On Aug 13, 2022
Perfectbeing:
If you guys wanted Nigeria to work then you would have supported Buhari then and questioned the senators. But instead, you were all criticizing and complaining.

When Buhari felt that he had power and tried to stop the corruption in Niger Delta amensty program that gulps almost $100 million yearly, NDA (Niger Delta Avengers) showed him shege by bombing oil infrastructures in the South and reduced our oil production from almost 2 million to less than N800k barrels per day. Up till now we haven't still recovered are still hovering around 1.2 million barrels per day.
How does Peter Obi want to stop that corruption? Abi will the people also rally against the NDA and force them to stop?

I wonder the magic the PO is going to perform considering the mindset of the Nigerian people........ tribalism is killing our economy.....
The same youths that are shouting/crying now are the same youth these thiefing politicians were using to work against the Buhari government......,
So many gullible Nigerians .....

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by paramakina202: 6:11am On Aug 13, 2022
Okoroawusa:
Obi has not been able to answer one question clearly and he always love jumping in front of the camera

While your candidate has been dodging cameras and too scared for live interviews.
You voted for Buhari who doesn't even understand the questions they ask him.

6 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by loosecanon50(m): 6:24am On Aug 13, 2022
DrAkpamudehe:

Yes, you don't know who is who, so you be careful as well.
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Nobody: 6:26am On Aug 13, 2022
Perfectbeing:

The problem with buhari is, he was tainted as clannish and nepotic, he proved the naysayers right even before he started work.. those whom were supposed to defend his policies became defensive... nepotic square pegs in round holes filled with the presidents inner circle, you don't expect the others not to go full opposition while reading between the lines of his every actions..

Buhari wanted to stop amnesty, but Buhari was proposing to grant amnesty to Bokoharam while the Ogoni cleanup was just a charade.. thats a red flag to anyone... if the clean up was done, while other amenities and infrastructures provided showing good transparency of money channels, the people would fight the militants as their aim is defeated already...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by DrAkpamudehe: 6:29am On Aug 13, 2022
loosecanon50:

Yes, you don't know who is who, so you be careful as well.

You are having this conversation with a personality who has the influence and position to make or mar you. Be careful
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by MarketDispatch: 6:46am On Aug 13, 2022
ParpahSeventy:
This shows he most probably doesn't understand how the supposed system of government Nigeria operates work and he wants to rule.
He must be joking.

He cannot reveal his exact plans to you at the moment on how he plans to fight corruption lest corruption like you starts fighting back before he even enters Aso rock, so calm down and take Ice cream...it makes people happy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Blazebond(m): 6:54am On Aug 13, 2022
This man reasons like a child,with mindset like these,he is already seeing himself as a messiah,he is equating Anambra state to Nigeria,he believes states assembly with a single house can be compared to national assembly that has two houses,state assembly of Anambra that have only one house and Igbo speaking members of one small unit is what this mumu man is comparing to national assembly of different ethnic groups,obi will be a worst disaster than buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by bennybuhari: 6:59am On Aug 13, 2022
Which useless who is who on Nairaland..who the hell do you think you are to threaten him?
DrAkpamudehe:

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Image123(m): 7:01am On Aug 13, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

This goes to show Obi is not politically astute and a misfit to head a politically complex Nigeria. Let's put things in perspective.

Buhari could not get much done in first term even with APC majority in NASS. Why? Because the leadership of NASS were not on his side.

What makes Obi think a president can work with success in Nigeria when the legislative is opposed to him? Obi thinks of politics at the understanding level of a juvenile.

Obi was impeached in Anambra because his legislature opposed him.

If he wins he wants to preside in the midst pf opposition legislature. Has he lost his mind? grin

Peter Obi is a joker

He has not lost his mind, only lying as usual. He'll decamp back to either PDP or APC depending on who is majority, but likely PDP as his goons are there. He did same as governor. His hoodwinked followers don't know the mess we're in.

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Image123(m): 7:05am On Aug 13, 2022
desiredhome:

I wonder the magic the PO is going to perform considering the mindset of the Nigerian people........ tribalism is killing our economy.....
The same youths that are shouting/crying now are the same youth these thiefing politicians were using to work against the Buhari government......,
So many gullible Nigerians .....

Lol, he reminds me of someone who can't control his small house but sleeping while the house is burning. He says "Nigerians know the truth na". Na this one wan control divisions, nepotism and insecurity. Someone that all he knows are false misleading economic statistics. It is well.

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by sammirano: 7:08am On Aug 13, 2022
Who they give this one audience sef. Eleyi eyan ipob bastards, eleyi small dot, well enjoy your charade while it lasts. BAT will surely give you the osinbajo treatment. You won't see third position

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by FatherCHRISTMAS: 7:08am On Aug 13, 2022
really
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Prettylima(f): 7:08am On Aug 13, 2022
Our incoming president

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by BluntCrazeMan: 7:10am On Aug 13, 2022
Yes we know.
You did it before in Anambra.
You can do it again

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Nobody: 7:11am On Aug 13, 2022
LOL....that is not possible.

Unless he is telling us that he would defect back to PDP codedly.

Go and ask how Balarabe Musa , governor of old Kaduna state managed ...plus have you forgotten how as an APGA governor, PDP gave you hell?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Snowx: 7:11am On Aug 13, 2022
diadem10:
Another noise from the mediocre governor.

Bitterness will destroy you better be Obidient and allow peace to reign in ur soul..mugu

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by ribbit: 7:12am On Aug 13, 2022
loosecanon50:
I can see people saying "this man doesn't understand governance". The typical Nigerian is used to bad governance and suffering, they see it as a norm. That's why whenever they see attempt at good governance, they deem it impossible and unrealistic.
how is he going to rule without the support of national assembly?

Bribe everyone in the Senate or turn to a tyrant?

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:13am On Aug 13, 2022
No doubt about that sir
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by iamme1234(m): 7:13am On Aug 13, 2022
donaldking100:

As for me, i can't start answering shameful questions from my kids.
E.g; Daddy why did you vote for a president that can't speak or grant live interviews??
Or daddy why does our president pee on himself??
Daddy is our president older than grandpa??
Daddy is our president sick cause he looks sick??
How many of these questions can i even cover-up without looking stupid.
As a father i'm not ready to begin talk long story o.
We need someone who knows what he's doing and no emilokan.
Nigeria no be turn by turn.
Let's vote for competence.
Let's vote for Peter Obi.

I do not know what this una obi is capable of
Doing
How
Can you vote someone under his watch the state we’re been terrorized and stumbled.
You people said this 2015 when buhari was coming
You said they should vote the lifeless
See what he has turned the country to.
Here
You are saying obi as well
If not for the tribalistic hatred you have gotten.
The only man who is fit In this shoe is tinubu
He has experience
He has govern Lagos state and turned it to new haven
The same state Igbos are dreaming to stay and die in.
Tinubu mandate we stand gidigba.
Quote me and thunder strike u in the afternoon

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by longview007: 7:14am On Aug 13, 2022
For sure.

Good governance is not measured by the number of your party members in the national assembly.

If not, we would not have been where we were were where, I mean where were where were, sorry, it's were we where in Nigeria now.

I salute all of you.

Obidient is the answer.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Fearyourcreator: 7:16am On Aug 13, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

This goes to show Obi is not politically astute and a misfit to head a politically complex Nigeria. Let's put things in perspective.

Buhari could not get much done in first term even with APC majority in NASS. Why? Because the leadership of NASS were not on his side.

What makes Obi think a president can work with success in Nigeria when the legislative is opposed to him? Obi thinks of politics at the understanding level of a juvenile.

Obi was impeached in Anambra because his legislature opposed him.

If he wins he wants to preside in the midst pf opposition legislature. Has he lost his mind? grin

Peter Obi is a joker
Them go spoil his government

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ateke Tom Attends The Silverbird Man Of The Year Award In Lagos (Photos) / I'll Revisit Jonathan’s Confab Report - Atiku / Daniel Bwala: Church Rat, Poisoned Holy Communion Is Comment Offensive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.