Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,499 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Any Tecno T8 User About ? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Any Tecno T8 User About ? (17570 Views)

Elephone P7000.....kINGSING T8...ONE PLUS ONE POWER BANK E.T.C / Tecno T8 - How Do I Remove A Number Early Blacklisted / Tecno T8 Data Account Configuration Issues (2) (3) (4)

Any Tecno T8 User About ? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 04, 2011
I got myself a Tecno T8, and impressed with the GUI options and phone functions.

Problem am having though, is the echoing I get on some calls. Also, there's the inability to retain my preferred options upon some restarts.

Anyone else like to chip in specifically on this model ?

Cheers.
Re: Any Tecno T8 User About ? by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 17, 2011
are you sure your phone is Tecno T8? I bought my T8 at a store in Ikeja and was given a wrist watch from Tecno as gift. My T8 is a full Touch Screen phone with WIFI and so far i have not experience the type of problems you had with your phone. Be sure its original and bought from a Tecno dealer,
Re: Any Tecno T8 User About ? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 17, 2011
It's a T8 alright. 

Hardware Revision: MT6235C, E00

Software Revision: LUPKV03.10.32.1.2T16M0601_M192, 2011/06/01 18:59
                BRANCH:         10A SJT_P950B_001
                  SERIAL:         CUPKV030314F00346     H10P
       SENSOR INFO:          2005GT

Am totally into this phone, regardless of the minor hitches. Bought mine off the same seller who till date,
has supplied me with 4 T9s,  2 T80s and and other Tecno phones.  Friends always wanting mine, you see !!

My T8, I have found out when choosing profile, just wouldn't hold and keep the preferred settings when choosing "My Style".
Won't even allow me to switch off the phone using the power button. Yanking the battery in / out and restarting, results in
getting the "General" profile, which I have have modified with good results.

Would love to have "My Style" profile working properly, because using the profile widget on the home screen would then allow
me to vary whichever mode I'd like; like silent, meeting, indoors, bluetooth modes.  I know there's a glitch in the firmware.

Have been given the address of the Tecno office/dealer here in Abuja, but am on the road touring presently.

All in all, a good performer so far, apart from the occasional echo during calls. Just wished Tecno retained the Call Recorder from the T9.

Anyone else care to add to this ?
Re: Any Tecno T8 User About ? by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 18, 2011
Hi,
You know what you can do? try and reset to factory settings and do your settings again. My profile is working fine and i am not experiencing all the flaws you stated. Maybe you got the fake of it and it could be u got virus while browsing with the WIFI or the wap. All the same i advice you do factory reset.

Cheers
Re: Any Tecno T8 User About ? by gforce81: 1:11pm On Sep 01, 2011
hi i got my Tecno T8 a month back, unlike d prev. tecno t9 im unable to download anything from d internet. D phone is cool and everything but downloading is d problem i hv.
Re: Any Tecno T8 User About ? by gforce81: 1:14pm On Sep 01, 2011
biyi can you help me with dis prob.
Re: Any Tecno T8 User About ? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 01, 2011
I am not really conversant with T9
Re: Any Tecno T8 User About ? by gforce81: 1:45pm On Sep 01, 2011
any suggestion on hw i wud be able to download wit my t8
Re: Any Tecno T8 User About ? by gforce81: 11:38am On Sep 04, 2011
tanx man, u wre of gr8 help,bt iv still got issues wit d f.b. snaptu. i down loaded it quit ok bt it refused to open,dnt knw y
Re: Any Tecno T8 User About ? by Nobody: 11:53am On Sep 04, 2011
got issues wit d f.b. snaptu. i down loaded it quit ok bt it refused to open,dnt knw y

For now, Open Files, open the phone folder and you'd see "Java games" Open it and see if the application installed there, if yes, DELETE.

Then re-install the app, this time to Memory Card. This time it gets put in "Java games" there. Try it and see if it works fine.

Cheers.
Re: Any Tecno T8 User About ? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Sep 05, 2011
How much does this tecno phone cost.i need the price range.
Re: Any Tecno T8 User About ? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Sep 06, 2011
, ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        Funny that !!!  No dealers here, just enthusiasts and users .

But I've seen :

T8 for 18K
            T9 for 11K

Any more ?
Re: Any Tecno T8 User About ? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 08, 2011
Any more
Re: Any Tecno T8 User About ? by ochukoccna: 7:15pm On Sep 13, 2011
Biyi1471:

are you sure your phone is Tecno T8? I bought my T8 at a store in Ikeja and was given a wrist watch from Tecno as gift. My T8 is a full Touch Screen phone with WIFI and so far i have not experience the type of problems you had with your phone. Be sure its original and bought from a Tecno dealer,
U got a watch? shocked shocked shocked
Wow,good for you. cool cool cool
I use the T8 too but I'm not so carried away by it
Apart from been touchscreen and having WIFI, it's just like any other low end phone [correct me if I'm wrong].
It lacks 3G and the camera is wack.
Believe it can be a better product with all its hype.
Re: Any Tecno T8 User About ? by Dabss(m): 9:24am On Sep 14, 2011
ochukoccna:

U got a watch? shocked shocked shocked
Wow,good for you. cool cool cool
I use the T8 too but I'm not so carried away by it
Apart from been touchscreen and having WIFI, it's just like any other low end phone [correct me if I'm wrong].
It lacks 3G and the camera is wack.
Believe it can be a better product with all its hype.

chinko 3g?
I like your dream maybe 12.1 megapix cam with dual led flash. Dual core processor and 1gb ram
lmao
Re: Any Tecno T8 User About ? by ochukoccna: 11:12am On Sep 15, 2011
Da_b¤§§.:

chinko 3g?
I like your dream maybe 12.1 megapix cam with dual led flash. Dual core processor and 1gb ram
lmao
Gosh, another slowpoke. grin grin grin grin
The topic is addressed to Tecno T8 phone owners
I don't recall U posting U have 1.
Look around U and see Chinese technology, cheap but efficient.
A phone that is touch screen& has WIFI yet is under 20k is truly budget.
How many budget Samsung's, Nokia's & their ilk have the above?
So kini big deal about 3G& dual led flash?
Re: Any Tecno T8 User About ? by Dabss(m): 2:56pm On Sep 15, 2011
ochukoccna:

Gosh, another slowpoke. grin grin grin grin
The topic is addressed to Tecno T8 phone owners
I don't recall U posting U have 1.
Look around U and see Chinese technology, cheap but efficient.
A phone that is touch screen& has WIFI yet is under 20k is truly budget.
How many budget Samsung's, Nokia's & their ilk have the above?
So kini big deal about 3G& dual led flash?

Note- I am not saying that the phone is bad. All what I meant was that for that price he should not expect the phone to work miracles
apart from the slow wifi, it's just like any regular chinko. Why all this hype?
Re: Any Tecno T8 User About ? by Dabss(m): 3:00pm On Sep 15, 2011
And yes I own a T8. Genius!!
Re: Any Tecno T8 User About ? by Joy2Dwise: 9:14pm On Sep 21, 2011
Saw the phone at Slot last weekend. A very beautiful product from Tecno. Cant wait to pick it up and this is going to be then 4th Tecno from a very satisfied customer.
Re: Any Tecno T8 User About ? by unphilaz(m): 12:11pm On Oct 07, 2011
hi can opera 5/6 work on the phone?
secondly, using opera 4.3, under settings, there is no landscape option hence one is stuck to browsin horizontally.
thirdly, wat sim -mtn/etisalat settings are you using for bolt/uc browser?
Re: Any Tecno T8 User About ? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 07, 2011
Low life Techno still fit start topic, what an achievement (guys this is 2011 which is supposed to be a computer age not stone age). grin grin grin
Re: Any Tecno T8 User About ? by buzor(m): 9:05am On Oct 15, 2011
pls where can i get a fairly used tecno t8 phone. please i need it urgently
Re: Any Tecno T8 User About ? by Dabss(m): 10:56pm On Oct 15, 2011
lolsome people no dey try @ ol
Re: Any Tecno T8 User About ? by buzor(m): 12:54pm On Oct 19, 2011
who knows if 2go works on techno phones
Re: Any Tecno T8 User About ? by jtbouy: 5:40am On Oct 22, 2011
Hey room, pls i just got a new Tecno T8, but i don't know how to set it up for browsing. PLs if anyone has the steps you can post it here. Thanks
Re: Any Tecno T8 User About ? by pyramidgeo: 12:12pm On Oct 27, 2011
Please house, is it true that the T8 could be used as an internet modem on a PCs? Again, would u recommend a Spice phone instead of Tecno phone?
Re: Any Tecno T8 User About ? by ohnaigee(m): 7:35am On Oct 28, 2011
halo @biyi, could u please tell us where the major tecno dealer/distributor u bought ur tecnoT8 From is located?Thanks
Re: Any Tecno T8 User About ? by Anayordike(m): 3:35pm On Oct 28, 2011
@Unphilas and other Tecno users, for now most Tecno phones use Opera 4.2/4.3/4.4/4.5. Secondly, most Tecno phones come with Internet settings for MtN, GLO, ETISALAT AND ZAIN/AIRTEL. So what you need to do is , if you are using double/tripple sims to go to the Java application, open it, scroll down to "Connection Manager. open it and select SIM1/SIM2 JAVA ACCOUNT. Then select the Network/sim which you want to use for browsing.
Go back to JAVA, SELECT APPLICATION MANAGER, Open it, scroll to the Opera 4.2/4.3, Press Option select to browse.
Am using T12 and skype, Ebuddy and 2go are working perfectly on it. Note if you want to enjoy your Tecno phones, disregard the T-ZONE Application because they hardly work.
Enjoy!

Re: Any Tecno T8 User About ? by pyramidgeo: 8:35am On Nov 02, 2011
@Anayordike: Thank you for your info. I have heard from different people and going for these phones seems scary. I need a phone with two sim and at the same time being able to browse, screen touch (u know now, those effizi things). Since u have assured that tecno is ok it means that i will rather go for T8 or T9. But do u think they have GPS? because i always locate places on google map and a tracker on my facebook. My email address: gojiegbe@jhplc.com. Cheers, Georgewaters Ojeigbe
Re: Any Tecno T8 User About ? by Anayordike(m): 4:29pm On Nov 02, 2011
@Anayordike: Thank you for your info. I have heard from different people and going for these phones seems scary. I need a phone with two sim and at the same time being able to browse, screen touch (u know now, those effizi things). Since u have assured that tecno is ok it means that i will rather go for T8 or T9. But do u think they have GPS? because i always locate places on google map and a tracker on my facebook. My email address: gojiegbe@jhplc.com. Cheers, Georgewaters Ojeigbe

@pyramidgeo, Unfortunately for now, I don't seem to have idea of any TECNO phone with GPS. One tthing I like about Tecno is the battery: it lasts longer than any other multiple sims phones.
Re: Any Tecno T8 User About ? by pyramidgeo: 7:44am On Nov 03, 2011
@Anayordike: The long duration of Tecno battery is the same testimony i receive from its users. That is a good report. They are after Nigerian market which they seem to be overtaking gradually. Now, it has rising to N18k, soon it could reach N25k with a new brand. There are just too many of them now. Another is Ken Xen DA (giggling). Nigerians dont know our importance to the world. Just see how every nations want to invest here due to our craziness for fanciful things and our populations again. Anyway, someone is coming to my office today with phone. I think i will have choices (first choice - Techno. Second - Spice. Third - Ken Xen DA. Fourth - Cio) Wahala for phone land sha. Thanks for your concern and quick reponse.

Unboxing The Tecno Droipad 7D / My Samsung Galaxy S2 Doesnt Load Up When I Switch My Phone On / Bypass Mobile Number Verification For Gmail,fb,yahoo,etc