Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,993 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

Days When Men Have The Bible On One Hand And Juju On The Other - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Days When Men Have The Bible On One Hand And Juju On The Other (21021 Views)

The Testimony Of A Fulani Muslim Who Threw The Bible On the Ground / How Do I Get Yoruba Bible On Easyworship / Do Nonvirgin Men Have The Moral Right To Condemn Nonvirgin Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Days When Men Have The Bible On One Hand And Juju On The Other by Zico5(m): 10:42am On Aug 14, 2022
Ok
Re: Days When Men Have The Bible On One Hand And Juju On The Other by Sensiblerealist: 10:42am On Aug 14, 2022
You must realize we as humans are all different. Stick to your own faith and what you think works for you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Days When Men Have The Bible On One Hand And Juju On The Other by Addme: 10:54am On Aug 14, 2022
And they still do.
Re: Days When Men Have The Bible On One Hand And Juju On The Other by Brightdboy01: 11:14am On Aug 14, 2022
Funny say some people never know say religion na scam
Re: Days When Men Have The Bible On One Hand And Juju On The Other by Moneyboyz: 11:25am On Aug 14, 2022
This is the reality today for African Christians.
A pastor will be burning charms in pots, Alfas will be chasing lizards up and down for their dirty concoction.

I doubt if Christians that will make heaven in Nigeria reach 100.

1 Like

Re: Days When Men Have The Bible On One Hand And Juju On The Other by juman(m): 11:43am On Aug 14, 2022
Africans use juju in addition to their religious beliefs.

Religious leaders are more into juju than others.
Re: Days When Men Have The Bible On One Hand And Juju On The Other by gaventa: 12:40pm On Aug 14, 2022
Juju is a derogatory name for African indigenous science. Stop demonizing it . Christianity has killed more people on earth than evil Africans will ever do. From heresy ti crusade to people killed due to blasphemy. The letter king Leopoldo wrote to the early missionaries is a clear evidence. Africans needs to stop and stop . It’s always a victory when a pastor burns down a traditional worshippers shrine but a problem when boko haram bombs a church. Can’t your religion thrive without painting African culture and tradition as evil?? You all should serve your Israeli savior and stop demonizing others.

4 Likes

Re: Days When Men Have The Bible On One Hand And Juju On The Other by ecolime(m): 12:47pm On Aug 14, 2022
ednut1:
if the name of Jesus is powerful why doesn’t it burn those churches or shrines
You are very funny Tunde. Jesus remains the same yesterday, today and forever.

He doesn't need to prove himself by burning down anywhere.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Days When Men Have The Bible On One Hand And Juju On The Other by KLand(m): 12:47pm On Aug 14, 2022
Jesus already said, "Not everyone who says to me 'Lord, Lord' will see the kingdom of God.

You have to know God for yourself so you don't get deceived.

1 Like

Re: Days When Men Have The Bible On One Hand And Juju On The Other by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 1:13pm On Aug 14, 2022
It is not new, it might be new to you, it has been since Christianity and Islam can to Nigeria, especially the orthodox churches, go to Ogun, Oyo state, a reverend or church leader is still a member of ogboni fraternity.
Just know about yourself and trust no one.

1 Like

Re: Days When Men Have The Bible On One Hand And Juju On The Other by EatforHealth: 1:14pm On Aug 14, 2022
They know their end
Re: Days When Men Have The Bible On One Hand And Juju On The Other by Cognitivedisson(m): 1:20pm On Aug 14, 2022
Religion is comedy for intelligent people. Make we dey look. Make we dey laugh.
Religion na one big comedy skit.
Nothing dey wrong with been part of a religious organization.
One go just learn how to leverage the relationship.
If there is any screwing over to be done. Make sure you're the one doing it. Not the other way around.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Days When Men Have The Bible On One Hand And Juju On The Other by icedbreez(m): 1:24pm On Aug 14, 2022
ednut1:
Is because they realized religion is a scam. And its profitable . In nollywood movie they make you think the name of Jesus will burn a shrine or kill a babalawo. In reality it doesn’t happen.

You are an idiot. There is POWER in the name of JESUS. That u don't believe doesn't make any difference.

1 Like

Re: Days When Men Have The Bible On One Hand And Juju On The Other by femijay8271(m): 1:24pm On Aug 14, 2022
ednut1:

U just dey talk like fool.... Sorry to say that
Re: Days When Men Have The Bible On One Hand And Juju On The Other by Bmaster(m): 1:29pm On Aug 14, 2022
if every part of God is understood,then he will be lying when he said his ways are not our ways.
Stop thinking about God,you can't and will never understood him!!

My family has been prayerful and we have dedicated everyone of us to God since I was small,but in our locality we are among the less fortunate,now how do we begin to imagine that a family that has been going to church,prayerful and steadfast in the lord will be this so unfortunate among others?___ken (a friend of mine reveals to me sometimes ago.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Days When Men Have The Bible On One Hand And Juju On The Other by Elidrisy20: 1:37pm On Aug 14, 2022
That's why we have two hands
Re: Days When Men Have The Bible On One Hand And Juju On The Other by einsteine(m): 2:54pm On Aug 14, 2022
You can't take syncretism away from Nigerians.

Even the brand of Christianity y'all practice is the one that's closest to African traditional religion. Whereas the New Testament says you guys should worship your God in spirit and truth, it's not uncommon to see members of MFM, for instance, praying on water they brought to church. There was even an instance where Olukoya asked congregants to come with sand from their house in order to pray against enemies.

For the Muslims, mystical variants of Islam such as Sufism and Ahmadiyya are common in Nigeria because of its similarity with the African religions.

That's why I have always said ATR is the most common religion in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Days When Men Have The Bible On One Hand And Juju On The Other by Enkidu70: 3:06pm On Aug 14, 2022
Those were the good old days
Re: Days When Men Have The Bible On One Hand And Juju On The Other by Ravenbeast1(m): 3:13pm On Aug 14, 2022
ednut1:

Another useless wannabe atheist angry grin grin
Re: Days When Men Have The Bible On One Hand And Juju On The Other by ednut1(m): 3:55pm On Aug 14, 2022
Ravenbeast1:

Another useless wannabe atheist angry grin grin
i have been an atheist before you has access to the internet. My first account on Nairaland was in 2006. Tell me where u were then

1 Like

Re: Days When Men Have The Bible On One Hand And Juju On The Other by Taigaban: 4:33pm On Aug 14, 2022
That is exactly what characterise religious people in Africa. They are not sincere, they are not honest. And that's why Africa has refuse to develop, when compared to other continents whose countries had independent same time with some African countries. Hypocrisy is problem.

1 Like

Re: Days When Men Have The Bible On One Hand And Juju On The Other by Sayelabola(m): 6:24pm On Aug 14, 2022
ednut1:
Is because they realized religion is a scam. And its profitable . In nollywood movie they make you think the name of Jesus will burn a shrine or kill a babalawo. In reality it doesn’t happen.

God bless you for this simple truth. Ignore those that attack you on this trend.
Re: Days When Men Have The Bible On One Hand And Juju On The Other by Sayelabola(m): 6:27pm On Aug 14, 2022
einsteine:
You can't take syncretism away from Nigerians.

Even the brand of Christianity y'all practice is the one that's closest to African traditional religion. Whereas the New Testament says you guys should worship your God in spirit and truth, it's not uncommon to see members of MFM, for instance, praying on water they brought to church. There was even an instance where Olukoya asked congregants to come with sand from their house in order to pray against enemies.

For the Muslims, mystical variants of Islam such as Sufism and Ahmadiyya are common in Nigeria because of its similarity with the African religions.

That's why I have always said ATR is the most common religion in Nigeria.

You are blessed, bro.

ATR for life. F*ck Christianity!
Re: Days When Men Have The Bible On One Hand And Juju On The Other by Honchoslim16(m): 8:18pm On Aug 14, 2022
I still wonder why these Christians demonise anyone that doesn't believe in their god.
Re: Days When Men Have The Bible On One Hand And Juju On The Other by Wwwq: 8:23pm On Aug 14, 2022
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Herdsmen Kill Pastor Pius Eromosele Of Church Of God Mission In Benin City, / 'APC Will Use And Dump Tinubu' – Primate Ayodele Warns / The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.