Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,872 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu (1031 Views)

Tinubu Appointed Many Igbos In Lagos , The Epic Reply / This Is Why Many Igbos Don't Support Biafra(photos) / How Tinubu Turned Many Igbos To Billionaires, By Joe Igbokwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by Joey4321: 7:44am On Aug 14, 2022
obaaderemi:
That's what some people are making it out to be. There are also yorubas who are not even looking at the good side of Obi, all because he is Igbo. There are also videos of Obi's supporters vowing to attack anyone that's against Obi. What's wrong with us?

Truthfully. You have spoken the balanced truth.

That is why I don't involve myself. Election Day I will vote my choice candidate as the spirit leads.

But whoever wins the election won't mean much to mean. It's not like any of them has my number and calls me every now and then to see how I'm doing. So why should I care too much.

1 Like

Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by obaaderemi: 7:45am On Aug 14, 2022
Gourdoinc:
everyone against tinubu isn't because of his tribe sir. It is because he is buhari version 2. With what we have all gone through in the hands of buhari, we don't want a repeat. Atiku is even strong even though old, yet nobody hates him in the same way. Tribe has nothing to do with why we rejected tinubu.

If osinbanjo or adesina were on apc ballot, do you think the obident movement will be this strong ? Absolutely not.
I'm against him for his choice of running mate. I thought he could stand up to the northern elements pulling Nigeria back, after his speech against Buhari. But clearly he can't.
But the unfortunate thing is how some people are turning the whole thing tribal.
Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by obaaderemi: 7:47am On Aug 14, 2022
Joey4321:

Truthfully. You have spoken the balanced truth.

That is why I don't involve myself. Election Day I will vote my choice candidate as the spirit leads.

But whoever wins the election won't mean much to mean. It's not like any of them has my number and calls me every now and then to see how I'm doing. So why should I care too much.
grin True. None of them truly cares about us. Why are their own children not campaigning for them? This is exactly why we should take it easy.

5 Likes

Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by Benchilwell: 7:48am On Aug 14, 2022
Make tribalism no kill u, many of d Yoruba that support obi are youths,who are d future of nigeria affairs, if many Igbo can support Obasanjo who was rejected by many of his pple against most respected Igbo man ojukwu,why will other Yoruba not support Obi. Voting tinubu that is not strong that need d support for pple to help him work and carrying flag with shaking hand by two other old men( buhari and adamu) to make him president is an insult to d country. Nigeria is already a laughing stock in d world and in 2023 u want to increase it. So diz is Tinubu that will be traveling out for conference all over d world if he become president, that will be call to work on stage to address world leaders,na so he will work with support of two people holding him and get there with shake hand reading peper and d world will see that
Nigeria d most population of black pple in d world that always claiming giant of Africa that best dey can offer is a sick person as their president undecided undecided
That will not be shame on tinubu but shame of d country especially d youth that have d highest registration voting %
Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by Gourdoinc(m): 7:49am On Aug 14, 2022
obaaderemi:
We all just should take it easy. Tribalism shouldn't divide us. The northerners who stand to gain the most from our division down south are not even saying anything now. We should embrace peace.
I don't have any issue with peace. Igbos are peaceful. REason we are everywhere, caution your yoruba brothers, for a region that will lose the most infrastructure wise in the event of war and outbreak of death, they should tone down the rhetoric against other tribes especially the igbos. Threats to burn markets and the act of doing it, will destroy everything we have known since 1960. Just an advise.
Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by MikeofAfrica: 7:50am On Aug 14, 2022
candidtalk:

When I read this sort of argument I just shake my head because it is obvious you Igbos are adept at giving a dog a bad name.to hang it.

Lagos is the best and most developed State in Nigeria , by far, courtesy of Tinubu.

You Igbos, in your many millions, are direct beneficiaries of this reality related to the exemplary good governance of Tinubu in Lagos.

This is in stark contrast to Obi's ruination of Anambra that continues to see indigenes of the State flock to Lagos daily in thousands.

How then can your argument be sincere when you Igbos demand a proven success like Tinubu , you have directly benefitted from, must 'sell himself to you whereas you are all automatically 'Obidient' for a failure who is responsible for many Anambra folks going to seek better lives in the SW?

Your Mefor-style Taqiyaah is not fooling anyone.

Facts are Sacred hence your lies cannot stand
1. Lagos being the former capital of Nigeria and home of the biggest Seaports in Nigeria was the most develope State in Nigeria before Tinubu became her Governor.

2. Majority of igbos are into business hence millions of them migrated to Lagos due to her Seaports. This was long before Tinubu became the Governor of Lagos and long before Peter Obi became the Governor of Anambra.

3. The biggest legacy Tinubu left in Lagos is legalization of activities of touts also known as agberos and looting of the State resources using Apha Beta.

1 Like

Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by Nobody: 7:52am On Aug 14, 2022
obaaderemi:
The coming election is gradually becoming tribal if most of the comments on social media are anything to go by.
The yorubas in their cosmopolitan attitude are divided in terms of candidates to vote for, largely between Tinubu and Obi.

Many of them state several reasons why they will rather vote for Obi than Tinubu - reasons such as: Tinubu is old, Tinubu is corrupt, Tinubu is sick, Tinubu is greedy, Tinubu picked a Muslim as running mate.....Obi is younger, Obi balanced the religious ticket, Obi is less corrupt,....

Many yorubas openly reject their own son in favour of Obi in their characteristic sense of reason. I see many of them everyday working even offline for Obi and they are ready to close their eyes to Obi's many shortcomings too.

Question is, How many Igbos do you know doing this in favour of Tinubu, a yorubaman who I know many Igbos and other non yorubas have benefited from immensely in the past when he was governor of Lagos, and even now that he is out of office?

Ex Governor of Anambra state Chimaroke has come out openly more than once to announce it. No ex Governor in Yoruba land has done it for Obi.

Many Igbos are doing the same offline both for Atiku and Tinubu even when none should.

All APC know is tribal politics. But this time it will fail, Nigeria is returning back to it's oneness.
Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by Gourdoinc(m): 7:54am On Aug 14, 2022
obaaderemi:
I'm against him for his choice of running mate. I thought he could stand up to the northern elements pulling Nigeria back, after his speech against Buhari. But clearly he can't.
But the unfortunate thing is how some people are turning the whole thing tribal.
nobody is doing that. Even those leading the revolt against tinubu are yoruba obidents

Because we know there are better men who the yoruba should have presented and not tinubu. Does tinubu love the yoruba so much and he picked a Muslim muslim ticket, without recourse to millions of yoruba Christians? Why do you assume the revolt against him are from igbos and not yoruba Christians his ticket marginalised and insulted ?

Secondly with what people are passing through, people have an issue with APC as a platform, tinubu might not get as much hate if he was in another party, the APC is a platform people now loathe and he is a victim of that.

Also I will advise you again to remember that Nigeria doesn't make up of wazobia. There are thousand other tribes and they also matter. Its not when things happen to the yoruba he says it must be igbo doing it. I could be any of the other thousand other tribes In the nation. The illiteracy of the yoruba in this regard always erks me

1 Like

Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by Nobody: 7:57am On Aug 14, 2022
Gourdoinc:
everyone against tinubu isn't because of his tribe sir. It is because he is buhari version 2. With what we have all gone through in the hands of buhari, we don't want a repeat. Atiku is even strong even though old, yet nobody hates him in the same way. Tribe has nothing to do with why we rejected tinubu.

If osinbanjo or adesina were on apc ballot, do you think the obident movement will be this strong ? Absolutely not.

How is Tinubu , if we are speaking based on reality, someone anyone can call "Buhari version 2"?

In the middle of the Fulani militia herdsmen crisis, that seriously threatened the unity and ethnic cohesion of Nigeria, Tinubu stood up to be counted.

While Buhari ,in an incendiary manner, " defiantly declared "no going back on grazing route" it was only Tinubu, of all prominent leaders, that came out boldy with the suggestion below.

Atiku who was in Dubai, too busy enjoying himself to care, is not Buhari version abi?

Kwankwaso and Obi who never commented, unless I missed it, are not self-serving tools who hid while Nigeria needed them ba?

It is Tinubu who never hides and always stands up to proffer solutions, whether over covid devastation of the economy of our nation or security challenges of Nigeria, that is Buhari versikn 2 ba?

You people are clowns walahi. You are fooling no one but the dumbest Nigerians.

Below Tinubu openly defied the stance of Buhari by saying open grazing is "no longer tenable" yet he is "Buhari version 2".

You want to term anyone Buhari "part 2" then look towards those who only talk and show concern when they want votes and not those , like Tinubu, always ready to lead when Nigeria is seeking solutions.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by Gourdoinc(m): 8:06am On Aug 14, 2022
candidtalk:

How is Tinubu , if we are speaking based on reality, someone anyone can call "Buhari part 2"?

In the middle of the Fulani militia herdsmen crisis, that seriously threatened the unity and ethnic cohesion of Nigeria, Tinubu stood up to be counted.

While Buhari defiantly declared ,in an incendiary manner, "no going back on grazing route" it was only Tinubu , of all prominent leaders, that came out boldy with the suggestion below.

Atiku who was in Dubai, too busy enjoying himself to care, is not Buhari part 2 abi?

Kwankwaso and Obi who never commented, unless I missed it, are not self-tools ba?

It is Tinubu who always stands up to proffer solutions, whether over covid devastation of the economy of Nigeria or security challenges of Nigeria, is Buhari part 2 ba?

You people are clowns walahi. You are fooling no one but the dumbest Nigerians.

Below Tinubu openly defied the stance of Buhari by saying open grazing is "no longer tenable" yet he is "Buhari part 2". Please can you show me the solutions Atiku, Obi and Kwankwaso , all better than Tinubu according to some of you, suggested at that time when Nigeria was in trouble and everyone who genuinely cared should have stepped forward?

You want to term anyone Buhari "part 2" then look towards those who only talk and show concern when they want votes and not those , like Tinubu, always ready to lead when Nigeria is seeking solutions.
listen all these may be fact or untrue depending on how you want to see it. Let's assume tinubu was 15years younger, stronger and astute, he will be the president no doubt. Even I will vote him, because if not for your reasons, tinubu will never be a push about in aso rock and he will end this northern cabal running aso rock, something osinbanjo , amaechi and others cannot do in apc. Yet the questions begets, why did buhari fail?

Buhari isn't all bad, going by his antecedents, the buhari factor was seen when he entered office, we could all feel the body language and many people conformed, however when his health started failing him and he deteriorated so bad and was spending months in hospitals, that was when the enemies of Nigeria took over from him and we can see the results today.

Tinubu even before entering is frail and already suffering some levels of mental dissonance, the northern cabal and other enemies in aso rock will eat him alive. Any good thing he is known for, which he could have done in Nigeria will be fought and damaged and he won't do nothing about it, because his health has failed him. The health issue is what contributed largely to buharis failure as a president. Its not wonder that when he retired while in aso rock and handed the affairs of the nation to the rogues there did he start recovering.

Also , the state of the nation today isn't the same as in 2015. Buhari has destroyed everything. We are on the brink and for any chance of survival, we need someone who will give his life in that office to make things work. Even the obi I support will sweat and sweat and only by God's grace can he achieve anything, worse of a tinubu who is frail and ill.

Nobody can say that tinubu despite the evil things regarding him is a bad leader of men or a builder of systems , but he can't do it today in 2023, he should have never enthroned buhari. He should.have gone himself in 2015. Nobody would have batted an eyelid. We don't hate him for being yoruba. Yoruba and igbos as well as other tribes are all brothers. We eat , drink and live together.

1 Like

Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by obaaderemi: 8:21am On Aug 14, 2022
Gourdoinc:
listen all these may be fact or untrue depending on how you want to see it. Let's assume tinubu was 15years younger, stronger and astute, he will be the president no doubt. Even I will vote him, because if not for your reasons, tinubu will never be a push about in aso rock and he will end this northern cabal running aso rock, something osinbanjo , amaechi and others cannot do in apc. Yet the questions begets, why did buhari fail?

Buhari isn't all bad, going by his antecedents, the buhari factor was seen when he entered office, we could all feel the body language and many people conformed, however when his health started failing him and he deteriorated so bad and was spending months in hospitals, that was when the enemies of Nigeria took over from him and we can see the results today.

Tinubu even before entering is frail and already suffering some levels of mental dissonance, the northern cabal and other enemies in aso rock will eat him alive. Any good thing he is known for, which he could have done in Nigeria will be fought and damaged and he won't do nothing about it, because his health has failed him. The health issue is what contributed largely to buharis failure as a president. Its not wonder that when he retired while in aso rock and handed the affairs of the nation to the rogues there did he start recovering.

Also , the state of the nation today isn't the same as in 2015. Buhari has destroyed everything. We are on the brink and for any chance of survival, we need someone who will give his life in that office to make things work. Even the obi I support will sweat and sweat and only by God's grace can he achieve anything, worse of a tinubu who is frail and ill.

Nobody can say that tinubu despite the evil things regarding him is a bad leader of men or a builder of systems , but he can't do it today in 2023, he should have never enthroned buhari. He should.have gone himself in 2015. Nobody would have batted an eyelid. We don't hate him for being yoruba. Yoruba and igbos as well as other tribes are all brothers. We eat , drink and live together.
What if he builds a strong team? He has been credited by many for his astuteness in assembling good teams around him.

7 Likes

Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by Gourdoinc(m): 8:27am On Aug 14, 2022
obaaderemi:
What if he builds a strong team? He has been credited by many for his astuteness in assembling good teams around him.
nope. Everyone panders to the elected head, not his team. Teams can be removed and reshuffled. Take a good cue at the buhari administration and its failure and you will see why we all say no to tinubu. Its not because of hatred, we have been burned before and will not allow that happen again, worse off when we have a person with integrity and moral compass also in the running.

We may lose with Peter, that is politics, but we must exercise our rights to reject another buhari. Don't forget in 2015, we trusted buhari and look where he took us to.

Every serious nation must present its best for leadership. At the moment, all factors considered, tinubu is not the best
Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by obyrich(m): 8:42am On Aug 14, 2022
obaaderemi:
This is exactly how it should be. Nobody credits your account due to your tribe like you said. But there are so many people just against Tinubu because he is Yoruba. They see him as the Yoruba candidate.
This is the same false narrative you people kept selling about Buhari. When some Igbos refused to support him based on their own individual convictions about his ability to lead a progressive and UNITED Nigeria, you guys quickly generalised it that all Igbos hated Buhari because of his tribe. You forgot that Yaradua was a Fulani whom Igbos supported and the issue of tribe never came up. You also forgot that it an Igbo woman Dora Akunyili, who raised the dust at the Federal Executive Council meeting when Michael Aoodankaa and clique were trying to cover up the condition of the President.

You forgot that prior to APC formation, Buhari had been running with Igbo VPs. One of his most loyal ally is Ogbonnaya Onu who has been with him through thick and thin.

You also forgot that Igbos preferred Obasanjo to Ojukwu whom they perceived as having a tribal agenda. Take your time and study Igbos. We don't do blind support.

The likes of Chimaroke Nnamani, Mbaka Ejike, Ike Ekweremadu who have openly antagonised Peter Obi movement are they Yorubas?

Yesterday, Peter Obi reiterated it in Owerri that no one should vote him because he is Igbo.

I want Tinubu to say the same thing before Yoruba audience. Swap Tinubu with Osibanjo today and see how the table will turn.

Stick with your tribal agenda but respect the choice of Yorubas who have developed beyond tribalism.
Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by Generalnomercy: 8:54am On Aug 14, 2022
Be honest to yourself, Are you supporting Tinubu because at his age he will have the strength to function, that he is in good health, that he not aware that Nigeria is a.multi religious or secular state, or that he's not greedy, he's not corrupt, that he's not a killer?

From your writeup its obvious you're supporting him out of Bigotry. But we've passed this stage.

Igbo's voted for MKO, supported Olu Falae, Obasanjo, etc. If you're an honest Yoruba , won't you support an Igbo to be President of Nigeriay at this very critical point?

You see, its good to be just in your judgement. If you were Igbo, having supported not less than three Yoruba presidential candidates but they never reciprocated, would you continue to o do more for them?

If you must go to equity, your hands must clean... Every sensible Yoruba person supports Peter Obi as a payback to the mirriads of support Igbo's have given to the Yoruba ethnic group.

Why not do just this one right thing now, Join the ObiDient Nigerians to support Peter Obi.
Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by Generalnomercy: 8:58am On Aug 14, 2022
obaaderemi:
The coming election is gradually becoming tribal if most of the comments on social media are anything to go by.
The yorubas in their cosmopolitan attitude are divided in terms of candidates to vote for, largely between Tinubu and Obi.

Many of them state several reasons why they will rather vote for Obi than Tinubu - reasons such as: Tinubu is old, Tinubu is corrupt, Tinubu is sick, Tinubu is greedy, Tinubu picked a Muslim as running mate.....Obi is younger, Obi balanced the religious ticket, Obi is less corrupt,....

Many yorubas openly reject their own son in favour of Obi in their characteristic sense of reason. I see many of them everyday working even offline for Obi and they are ready to close their eyes to Obi's many shortcomings too.

Question is, How many Igbos do you know doing this in favour of Tinubu, a yorubaman who I know many Igbos and other non yorubas have benefited from immensely in the past when he was governor of Lagos, and even now that he is out of office?

Be honest to yourself, Are you supporting Tinubu because at his age he will have the strength to function, that he is in good health, that he not aware that Nigeria is a.multi religious or secular state, or that he's not greedy, he's not corrupt, that he's not a killer?

From your writeup its obvious you're supporting him out of Bigotry. But we've passed this state.

Igbo's voted for MKO, supported Olu Falae, Obasanjo, etc. If you're an honest Yoruba , won't you support an Igbo to be President of Nigeriay at this very critical point?

You see, its good to be just in your judgement. If you were Igbo, having supported not less than three Yoruba presidential candidates but they never reciprocated, would you continue to o do more for them?

If you must go to equity, your hands must clean... Every sensible Yoruba person supports Peter Obi as a payback to the mirriads of support Igbo's have given to the Yoruba ethnic group.

Why not do just this one right thing now, Join the ObiDient Nigerians to support Peter Obi.
Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by obaaderemi: 9:00am On Aug 14, 2022
Generalnomercy:

From your writeup its obvious you're supporting him out of Bigotry. But we've passed this state.

Igbo's voted for MKO, supported Olu False, Obasanjo, etc. If you're an honest Yoruba , won't you support an Igbo to be President of Nigeriay at this very critical point?

I am clearly not supporting him. I thought I made that clear.
Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by Generalnomercy: 9:07am On Aug 14, 2022
obaaderemi:
I am clearly not supporting him. I thought I made that clear.

Alright sir.
For the records, Igbo's loves Tinubu very much. But there is one thing with Igbo's, they don't pretend about what they don't want.

The case would have been different if APC had presented Osinbanjo or anyother Yoruba for that position.

Tinubu is better off as a king maker than a king. He can't be a king, even Buhari himself and all sincere friends of his knows this fact.

1 Like

Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by obaaderemi: 9:23am On Aug 14, 2022
This election is is going to be very interesting and already very riveting. It has palpable interest it is generating has even eclipsed Big Brother Naija in a big way. And it's just beginning to build up a head of steam. Only the EPL seems to be vying for space with the election. grin

The frightening thing is that APC still looks like the party to beat, with it's candidate, Tinubu. Obi is fast coming up too.

1 Like

Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by obaaderemi: 9:25am On Aug 14, 2022
Generalnomercy:

Alright sir.
For the records, Igbo's loves Tinubu very much. But there is one thing with Igbo's, they don't pretend about what they don't want.

The case would have been different if APC had presented Osinbanjo or anyother Yoruba for that position.

Tinubu is better off as a king maker than a king. He can't be a king, even Buhari himself and all sincere friends of his knows this fact.
It's interesting how he still looks like the candidate to beat. Probably due to the incumbency of the APC.

1 Like

Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by 467akinlabi: 11:12am On Aug 14, 2022
some people are supporting Tinubu oh! In east igbossome people are supporting Tinubu oh! In east igbos...
Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by obaaderemi: 8:05pm On Aug 14, 2022
467akinlabi:
some people are supporting Tinubu oh! In east igbossome people are supporting Tinubu oh! In east igbos...
We will see how they will vote. Campaigns will soon start anyway.
Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by Kingspin(m): 8:13pm On Aug 14, 2022
obaaderemi:

I want to vote for the like of Akinwumi "Akin" Adesina as well other sound and credible personal in West and North
Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by Anyiamaka: 8:17pm On Aug 14, 2022
obaaderemi:
So you mean all igbos think the same way.

But there is a saying that when everybody is thinking the same way then nobody is thinking.

Is it that there's no good thing you think Tinubu can do for Nigeria?

Why should a sick, old, corrupt man like Tinubu want to the president of Nigeria now? Are they no better, more competent, less controversial, more educated, more healthy and younger persons in the whole Yoruba land? That Tinubu is the best the Yorubas can offer at this material time in Nigeria is a big insult of the whole race. If Tinubu was that good, why did he have to buy the ticket from the delegates? How come his ambition is like he is imposing his will on the people who are resolute that they deserve better and Tinubu should go and rest in sick, old people's home.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

First Heart Surgery Performed In Anambra Under Peter Obi's Administration(photos / Another Batch Of Peter Obi's Busted Lies @ The NBA Conference In Pictures / See How Much This Agbado Cost? (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.