Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,277 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Pls Help: Someone Is Trying To Register My Whatsapp Number On Another Device - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Pls Help: Someone Is Trying To Register My Whatsapp Number On Another Device (891 Views)

Help! Someone Sent A USDT Account To Me!! / My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked / Yahoo Boy With Police Plate Number On His Benz Gets Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help: Someone Is Trying To Register My Whatsapp Number On Another Device by MalcoImX: 10:48am On Aug 14, 2022
PLS HELP: SOMEONE TRYING TO REGISTER MY WHATSAPPS NUMBER ON ANOTHER DEVICE.

A man claiming to be 'organizing a Zoom Meeting' for our staff I believe is out to scam or use my WhatsApp account for criminal activities.

The man called me two days ago in the evening and said he has enrolled me for a meeting and I should send him a code he sent to my phone for verification.

From the start I knew he is a scammer but decided to play along and called him out when it comes to times he'd ask for some money to be sent to him.

I did called out to him the 6-number code sent to my phone, but upon reading the whole notification I realized that the message was from WhatsApp and the code was to be used to register my WhatsApp number on another device. I Immediately set up a WhatsApp two step verification to forestall this.

About an hour after this, another notification arrived with another code and the man called me again. I flared up here telling him that he's a scammer and some angry words.

I don't know whether it is the 2 step verification I engaged my WhatsApp account that prevented the initial registration or entry into my account that necessitated the the second attempt to generate another code.

MY ISSUES NOW ARE:

1. How would I know whether they've succeeded in creating an account with my number?

2. Would the WhatsApp 2 step verification prevent them from registering or entry if they've registered with the number?

3. How would I disable the account if they've succeeded?

4. Would they have access to my contacts, in the event that they they succeeded?

5. Why would WhatsApp allow for another registration on another device when my current line is active on a device recognized by them?

I kindly need your assistance, as anyone out to possess other people's profiles n
Re: Pls Help: Someone Is Trying To Register My Whatsapp Number On Another Device by bluebay(m): 10:57am On Aug 14, 2022
Even if you have given him the code and he signed you out, you can still regain access as long as you have the registered SIM card with you .cheers

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help: Someone Is Trying To Register My Whatsapp Number On Another Device by Papichulostunne(m): 11:15am On Aug 14, 2022
bluebay:
Even if you have given him the code and he signed you out, you can still regain access as long as you have the registered SIM card with you .cheers

Kini big deal. Simple.!
Re: Pls Help: Someone Is Trying To Register My Whatsapp Number On Another Device by MalcoImX: 12:35pm On Aug 14, 2022
bluebay:
Even if you have given him the code and he signed you out, you can still daaaaaaaaa access as long as you have the registered SIM card with you .cheers
I am not signed out. My biggest concern is, how would I know whether he was able to succeed in registering my number on a new device? And if he did, how would I make the account disabled?
Re: Pls Help: Someone Is Trying To Register My Whatsapp Number On Another Device by ospido: 1:37pm On Aug 14, 2022
Be rest assured that it will now be difficult to sign you out since you refused to provide the second code to him.
So just relax.
Besides, if he had succeeded in signing you out, there would have been no way for you to use your line at this again.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help: Someone Is Trying To Register My Whatsapp Number On Another Device by melody91: 2:43pm On Aug 14, 2022
Which kind person u b .. why u go give out any code at all and talk u dey play along... just admit, U dull small undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Help: Someone Is Trying To Register My Whatsapp Number On Another Device by Kajaard: 2:47pm On Aug 14, 2022
melody91:
Which kind person u b .. why u go give out any code at all and talk u dey play along... just admit, U dull small undecided

The guy too dull.

5 Likes

Re: Pls Help: Someone Is Trying To Register My Whatsapp Number On Another Device by shagasha: 4:28pm On Aug 14, 2022
Seems like what is trending recently.

A girl chatted me up two days ago and said we were FB friends long ago b4 her fone went bad. I played along and after about a few hours chat which she sent me her sexy pictures, she pleaded if I could help her with 2k to fuel her gen and charge her fone. That's when I told her that I don't give out my personal number on FB except I've met with the person. She went mute and stopped chatting me.
This morning she started pleading that even if it's 1k I should raise for her.

Me just ignore the babe... She go tire there
Re: Pls Help: Someone Is Trying To Register My Whatsapp Number On Another Device by MalcoImX: 9:44pm On Aug 15, 2022
melody91:
My bad bro. I always thought 419ners string you along to a point where money would be requested. I never knew their plan here is not money at first. And honestly, it was later that I discovered the code was not from him but from WhatsApp.
Re: Pls Help: Someone Is Trying To Register My Whatsapp Number On Another Device by dlaw281(m): 10:08pm On Aug 15, 2022
Good evening sir. The fraudster is not worried about aging in your WhatsApp. All he needs is the groups you are in. He will do a change of number thing so the group members will think you are the one who’s still chatting them up

1 Like

Re: Pls Help: Someone Is Trying To Register My Whatsapp Number On Another Device by Smith414: 10:53pm On Aug 15, 2022
shagasha:
Seems like what is trending recently.

A girl chatted me up two days ago and said we were FB friends long ago b4 her fone went bad. I played along and after about a few hours chat which she sent me her sexy pictures, she pleaded if I could help her with 2k to fuel her gen and charge her fone. That's when I told her that I don't give out my personal number on FB except I've met with the person. She went mute and stopped chatting me.
This morning she started pleading that even if it's 1k I should raise for her.

Me just ignore the babe... She go tire there
na local street guy chat you up Gee.. the idiot nor fit type correctly for my experience with one

(1) (Reply)

NDLEA Operatives Arrests Man With Illicit Drugs Concealed Inside His Tyre (video / Father Disowned Son In Jail For Smoking Mkupu Mmiri. / Car Jackers Stab UNICAL Final Year Student To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.