Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,870 members, 7,810,312 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:45 AM

Peter Obi Is Not Different! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Is Not Different! (682 Views)

Peter Obi: I am Not Different Ideologicaly From Atiku, Tinubu And Others / Gumi: Biafra & Oduduwa Agitators Are Miscreants Not Different From Boko Haram / Government Not Different From Boko Haram – Bishop Kukah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi Is Not Different! by naijapips04: 2:16pm On Aug 14, 2022
Peter obi is not different from the politicians you love to hate.

1. Peter is not a youth. He is a 61 year old grandpa.

2. Peter obi has been in the political corridors for almost 2 decades. He was an executive governor and got appointment under the ruling PDP at the time.

3. Peter obi has not demonstrated any form of competence aside the usual political rhetorics. We all know the problems of Nigeria. Stop telling us everyday about the total number of unemployed youths we have. What did you do as the Key executive officer in a state and in PDP to reduce that number? Security?

4. Peter obi has no transformational leadership strides that can be referenced in his almost 2 decades in office. Why do you think he has the answers now? What transformational thing did Peter obi do in Anambra state in 8 years? Did I hear pay salaries?

The only thing Peter obi will achieve in this election is to consolidate APC's victory by dividing Atiku's vote. I personally think that Peter and IPOB in general are working for Tinubu and APC.

Before you bash me, I'm igbo.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Is Not Different! by Focusmi: 2:20pm On Aug 14, 2022
98.9% of Nigeria's politicians are bird of a feather. They are all the same.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Is Not Different! by naijapips04: 2:22pm On Aug 14, 2022
Peter Obi has been arraigned by EFCC for stealing. Not that he didn't steal. He was smart enough to cover his tracks well. No innocent person opens company offshore to invest in a state he runs. That would have gotten him impeached in a sane clime.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Is Not Different! by naijapips04: 2:23pm On Aug 14, 2022
Focusmi:
98.9% of Nigeria's politicians are bird of a feather. They are all the same.

Peter obi inclusive. Peter obi didn't come out yesterday. He has been in government for almost 20 years.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Is Not Different! by ukenke: 2:24pm On Aug 14, 2022
Lol,OP
Re: Peter Obi Is Not Different! by forMom(f): 2:25pm On Aug 14, 2022
Lol nobody said peter Obi is a Saint.
Fact is, when compared to the other aspirants, he's a waaaaaaaayyyyy better option.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Is Not Different! by gaby(m): 2:28pm On Aug 14, 2022
Even if he was any different and hadn't any connections to the current crop of politicians and this rotten system, there is absolutely nothing Peter Obi can do to get Nigeria out of the current shackles.

I keep saying it.

Bring in Prophet Muhammed and Jesus Christ to come Preside over this current Nigeria and they'll both shake their heads because the set-up has no foundation and the monsters are hydra-headed.

I am covertly praying for Peter Obi to win so that more youths will get back to gnashing their teeth and lamenting before going on to hail this current administration.

I make bold to state here that, Peter Obi as a President won't smell a quarter of what Buhari's administration would be. This is not pessimism but a statement of fact and we'll all witness it.

When that time comes, I'll be the happiest because it would gradually be taking us all to the point where we begin to see that nothing can be built upon a shaky or sandy foundation and expected to stand.

Rescuing Nigeria goes beyond rhetorics, grammar, and coining buzz words or taglines.

Until we all realise this, get our arses together to seat on a table to fashion out a way to get to the foundation and begin to build up together after unclawing the demons and their British masters holding the country down, we'll keep going in circles.

Sometimes I get really depressed thinking about how Nigerian youths can allow themselves to get easily so hoodwinked and herded. These are what the roguish politicians understand about us and they ensure to maximize it to keep fooling the majority who can't dare to think differently.

Okay, accepted, we are left with Peter Obi as the lesser demon of the 3 candidates we should be choosing from but can we start asking salient questions in the line of:

1. What do you think are the issues holding this country down on all fronts?

The answer to the above question will prompt the next..

2. What is your relationship with individuals or corporate entities that could be linked to one or all of these issues bestselling Nigeria and how do you intend to convince me as an electorate that you'd go against your personal benefits to address these issues that you clearly are a beneficiary from.

3. How do you intend to go or stand against individuals everyone knows you are connected to in one way or the other and are responsible for majority of the issues plaguing the country?

4. How do you convince me that your Presidency won't be granting access to these known demons so long as you are the resident in chief at the arsehole rock?

5. Ask them about their businesses and interests and how they came about their wealth?

So many questions to get them uncomfortable.

You hate and insult Atiku and his supporters yet, you forgot that just 3 years ago, Peter Obi was Atiku's running mate.

Does it even occur to you guys that a win for Obi is a closet win for Atiku abi una think say Obi go shut Atiku from the arsehole rock the way Bubu did that forced him back to his vomit in PDP?

I understand clearly why Atiku isn't even making much noise this term.

He wins, his win
Obi wins, his win
Tinubu wins, his win

Na una wey dey create enemies for unaselves go dey lament from the sidelines laslaa

Make una brace up for the years ahead my people.

Whether na Atiku oh
Tinubu oh
Peter Obi oh...

The road ahead isn't looking any better than today.

This is my opinion.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Is Not Different! by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 14, 2022
Still better than choosing the evil APC that ruined the country...

I have nothing against atiku but I can't support another northern rule after Buhari's own

Yoruba lagba

Obi lagba

Before you call me IPOB or Okoro grin na my voters card be that..

But urchins will still say I stole it lol cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Is Not Different! by naijapips04: 2:29pm On Aug 14, 2022
forMom:
Fact is, when compared to the other aspirants, he's a waaaaaaaayyyyy better option.

He is way better in what aspect? Peter obi wasn't even a top performing governor in his set. His set had people like Donald Duke and Fashola. How is Peter obi better than Atiku or even Tinubu? Let's break it down.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Is Not Different! by SmellyNyash: 2:30pm On Aug 14, 2022
OBIDATTI is the answer
Re: Peter Obi Is Not Different! by naijapips04: 2:31pm On Aug 14, 2022
Antimarraige:
Still better than choosing the evil APC that ruined the country...

I have nothing against atiku but I can't support another northern rule after Buhari's own

Yoruba lagba

Obi lagba

Before you call me IPOB or Okoro grin na my voters card be that..

But urchins will still say I stole it lol cheesy

By voting for Peter obi, you are indirectly supporting another 8 years APC regime with their Muslim Muslim executives.

The priority for now is to ensure APC is defeated. Whoever has the better chance of doing this should be given the maximum support.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Is Not Different! by PandoraObi: 2:32pm On Aug 14, 2022
You are Igbo? better don't say this in igbo land if you love your life.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Is Not Different! by naijapips04: 2:32pm On Aug 14, 2022
SmellyNyash:
OBIDATTI is the answer

Answer to what exactly? A vote for Peter obi is a vote for Tinubu and APC.
Re: Peter Obi Is Not Different! by pacesetting: 2:33pm On Aug 14, 2022
You created a thread and kept commenting under it continuously.

Five stages of grief

1. Denial,
2. Anger,
3. Bargaining,
4. Depression
5. Acceptance.

You are on the 4th phase now. Don't worry, it will be alright.

naijapips04:
Peter obi is not different from the politicians you love to hate.

1. Peter is not a youth. He is a 61 year old grandpa.

2. Peter obi has been in the political corridors for almost 2 decades. He was an executive governor and got appointment under the ruling PDP at the time.

3. Peter obi has not demonstrated any form of competence aside the usual political rhetorics. We all know the problems of Nigeria. Stop telling us everyday about the total number of unemployed youths we have. What did you do as the Key executive officer in a state and in PDP to reduce that number? Security?

4. Peter obi has no transformational leadership strides that can be referenced in his almost 2 decades in office. Why do you think he has the answers now? What transformational thing did Peter obi do in Anambra state in 8 years? Did I hear pay salaries?

The only thing Peter obi will achieve in this election is to consolidate APC's victory by dividing Atiku's vote. I personally think that Peter and IPOB in general are working for Tinubu and APC.

Before you bash me, I'm igbo.

naijapips04:

Peter Obi has been arraigned by EFCC for stealing. Not that he didn't steal. He was smart enough to cover his tracks well. No innocent person opens company offshore to invest in a state he runs. That would have gotten him impeached in a sane clime.

naijapips04:

Peter obi inclusive. Peter obi didn't come out yesterday. He has been in government for almost 20 years.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Is Not Different! by naijapips04: 2:33pm On Aug 14, 2022
PandoraObi:
You are Igbo? better don't say this in igbo land if you love your life.

That's the toxicity that comes from these immature Peter obi supporters. They can't reason beyond their noses.

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Is Not Different! by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 14, 2022
naijapips04:

By voting for Peter obi, you are indirectly supporting another 8 years APC regime with their Muslim Muslim executives.

The priority for now is to ensure APC is defeated. Whoever has the better chance of doing this should be given the maximum support.
Sorry I don't understand the bolded
Re: Peter Obi Is Not Different! by Parachoko: 2:34pm On Aug 14, 2022
forMom:
Can you explain how he is way better?

What did he do in Anambra that makes him stand out from his peers?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Is Not Different! by naijapips04: 2:34pm On Aug 14, 2022
pacesetting:

You created a thread and kept commenting under it continuously.

Five stages of grief

1. Denial,
2. Anger,
3. Bargaining,
4. Depression
5. Acceptance.

You are on the 4th phase now. Don't worry, it will be alright.

Mugu I'm responding to comments on my thread.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Is Not Different! by naijapips04: 2:36pm On Aug 14, 2022
Antimarraige:
Sorry I don't understand the bolded

Peter Obis seemingly strong holds are mostly Atiku's support base. These are voters Atiku won in 2019 and should win in 2023.

Dividing Atiku's vote in SE, SS will only favour Tinubu.
Re: Peter Obi Is Not Different! by Parachoko: 2:36pm On Aug 14, 2022
naijapips04:

Lol

Nigerians will never learn grin

This your opinion is not base on your love for Nigeria but base on your hate for Asiwaju

You will all be humble next year.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Is Not Different! by specialmati(m): 2:36pm On Aug 14, 2022
naijapips04:
grin angry angry grin grin grin you are Igbo, oga you are a complete agbero in charge of ijesha busstop. When compared to what APC has done to this country. Let me explain to you what we have at hand. Atiku (a national crook) Tinubu (Lagos State landlord) this two are corruption itself.that's why the can bribe delegates to win party tickets. when compared to Peter Obi that you said stole

1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Is Not Different! by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 14, 2022
naijapips04:

Peter Obis seemingly strong holds are mostly Atiku's support base. These are voters Atiku won in 2019 and should win in 2023.

Dividing Atiku's vote in SE, SS will only favour Tinubu.
well maybe Sha, but from what I've been seeing and hearing nobody wants Tinubu except the urchins that are getting crumbs from his multi-billions
Re: Peter Obi Is Not Different! by naijapips04: 2:38pm On Aug 14, 2022
specialmati:
grin angry angry grin grin grin you are Igbo, oga you are a complete agbero in charge of ijesha busstop. When compared to what APC has done to this country. Let me explain to you what we have at hand. Atiku (a national crook) Tinubu (Lagos State landlord) this two are corruption itself. when compared to Peter Obi that you said that stole

I will rather have an Atiku anyday than another 8 year APC rule with Tinubu at the helm.
Re: Peter Obi Is Not Different! by MeanChris(m): 2:39pm On Aug 14, 2022
1. In terms of age, when compared to Tinubu and Atiku, Peter Obi is a baby

2. Peter Obi has been in politics since 2003 while Athieku and Tinubu has been at it since the early 90s

3. Peter has demonstrated unprecedented competence in Governance, his Government did not borrow 1 naira and still did wonders in the state he governed.

Eg of those things
1.Never owed salary for one month
2. Constructed 800+ kilometers of roads
3. Upgraded the education sector of the state, keeping the state in No 1 ever since
4. Built the state’s first teaching hospital and got it accredited for all sorts of medical emergencies
5. Returned schools to the mission to while still supporting them with an acurring amount of 6billion naira
6. Supported indigenous businesses eg. buying more than 5000 vehicles from Innoson motors.
7. Gave all first class graduates from the state 1m yearly
8. Built and upgraded classrooms in all the 177 LGAs in the state
9. Combatted massive gullies around the state
10. Left $150m in the state’s accounts after handover
11. Left extra 35 billion in Naira in the state’s account

On principle level

Peter Obi left Government and went home. He never vied for Senator or sort any political appointment. He has never been invited (not indicted) by the Efcc, the last time the Anambra state government invited him on allegations of tax evasion, he came with records of his tax for the past 20 years.

Ps: ANAMBRA UNDER PETER OBI NEVER BORROWED 1 KOBO
Re: Peter Obi Is Not Different! by naijapips04: 2:40pm On Aug 14, 2022
Antimarraige:
well maybe Sha, but from what I've been seeing and hearing nobody wants Tinubu except the urchins that are getting crumbs from his multi-billions

Don't be fooled. At least 60% if SW will vote Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Is Not Different! by specialmati(m): 2:42pm On Aug 14, 2022
Parachoko:
Can you explain how he is way better?

What did he do in Anambra that makes him stand out from his peers?
grin grin grin angry angry replace him with any other Igbo politician like orji rochas and the rest and check if the Support will be there. Peter Obi is better
Re: Peter Obi Is Not Different! by naijapips04: 2:42pm On Aug 14, 2022
Parachoko:
Lol

Nigerians will never learn grin

This your opinion is not base on your love for Nigeria but base on your hate for Asiwaju

You will all be humble next year.

Yes I hate Asiwaju. Power was supposed to come to SE but your greedy Asiwaju usurped it. I will rather have a northerner rule us that have Tinubu rewarded for his treachery.
Re: Peter Obi Is Not Different! by Nobody: 2:43pm On Aug 14, 2022
naijapips04:

Don't be fooled. At least 60% if SW will vote Tinubu.
as they say, time will tell.
Re: Peter Obi Is Not Different! by specialmati(m): 2:43pm On Aug 14, 2022
naijapips04:

I will rather have an Atiku anyday than another 8 year APC rule with Tinubu at the helm.

grin angry angry grin grin I will rather have Peter Obi than any of those old corrupt money bags. So after buhari another fulani will enter. No wonder they believe they owns nigeria
Re: Peter Obi Is Not Different! by SmellyNyash: 2:44pm On Aug 14, 2022
naijapips04:

Answer to what exactly? A vote for Peter obi is a vote for Tinubu and APC.

It's an answer and cure to your poverty nature
Re: Peter Obi Is Not Different! by naijapips04: 2:45pm On Aug 14, 2022
specialmati:
grin grin grin angry angry replace him with any other Igbo politician like orji rochas and the rest and check if the Support will be there. Peter Obi is better

It's not about replacing. How is he better?

The online endsars youths just needed a face. Peter obi was smart to engage social media influencer that spammed the whole TL with stoopid Peter obi propaganda. The end sars youth got their face. This is not the first time Peter obi is contesting. He's just reaping off endsars anger.

It's all a fade.
Re: Peter Obi Is Not Different! by Parachoko: 2:45pm On Aug 14, 2022
specialmati:
What did Peter Obi do in Anambra that Sulivan Chime didn't do in Enugu and and Umahi is not doing in Ebonyi?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Muslim-muslim Ticket: Look Beyond Religion, Akeredolu Urges Christians / 2023: Forget Ethnicity, Religion, Let’s Support The Best Candidate — Okotie-Eboh / 2023: Labour Party Lauds Nigerians’ Donation To Obi’s Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.