Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Activities For Kids This Break (your Ideas Please) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Activities For Kids This Break (your Ideas Please) (417 Views)

I Need Online Ideas Please / Morals: Never Allow Friends Break Your Home / This Break Up Is Too Intense, I'm Never Ever Going To Date Any Girl Again. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Activities For Kids This Break (your Ideas Please) by CakesToolsOvens(f): 5:15pm On Aug 14, 2022
Good day everyone, please kindly help me with suggestions on productive activities I can involve my kids in. Their ages are 10, 8 and 6 respectively.

I can't afford summer lesson please so that is out of the way.

It's just me and them and I don't want this holiday to pass by just like that without them making something out of it.

Thanks.
Re: Activities For Kids This Break (your Ideas Please) by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 14, 2022
Teach them how to bake.
Re: Activities For Kids This Break (your Ideas Please) by Mindlog: 5:30pm On Aug 14, 2022
What craft can you get them to learn at home?

By the way, it is so wrong enrolling children for "summer lessons" though I know for many parents, it is a means to get their kids out of the house. Children should rest from academics and energy redirected to things fun.
Re: Activities For Kids This Break (your Ideas Please) by Foodqueen(f): 6:56pm On Aug 14, 2022
Take them lessons yourself.
Re: Activities For Kids This Break (your Ideas Please) by CakesToolsOvens(f): 9:10pm On Aug 14, 2022
JaZmin44:
Teach them how to bake.

Okay, thanks
Re: Activities For Kids This Break (your Ideas Please) by CakesToolsOvens(f): 9:12pm On Aug 14, 2022
Mindlog:
What craft can you get them to learn at home?

By the way, it is so wrong enrolling children for "summer lessons" though I know for many parents, it is a means to get their kids out of the house. Children should rest from academics and energy redirected to things fun.

I am into baking mostly. They like drawing though.
Re: Activities For Kids This Break (your Ideas Please) by CakesToolsOvens(f): 9:12pm On Aug 14, 2022
Foodqueen:
Take them lessons yourself.

Academic lessons?
Re: Activities For Kids This Break (your Ideas Please) by TheCongo2: 10:49pm On Aug 14, 2022
CakesToolsOvens:
Good day everyone, please kindly help me with suggestions on productive activities I can involve my kids in. Their ages are 10, 8 and 6 respectively.

I can't afford summer lesson please so that is out of the way.

It's just me and them and I don't want this holiday to pass by just like that without them making something out of it.

Thanks.

Where are you located ?
Re: Activities For Kids This Break (your Ideas Please) by CakesToolsOvens(f): 7:56am On Aug 15, 2022
TheCongo2:

Where are you located ?

Abuja
Re: Activities For Kids This Break (your Ideas Please) by Channah1(f): 8:55am On Aug 15, 2022
Don't you have chores you can engage them with?

If they have not been doing more tasking chores like cooking soups and more challenging meals, doing market runs and stuff, this is the time to teach them and make sure they perfect it. So that when school resumes they can independently prep for school and after school by themselves. Except they are already doing all that, then you can teach them how to bake and decorate since you are into confectionaries.
Re: Activities For Kids This Break (your Ideas Please) by TheCongo2: 12:07pm On Aug 15, 2022
CakesToolsOvens:

Abuja

I always tell everyone around me that activities for kids are free in Africa. But, I realize I could be wrong.
Re: Activities For Kids This Break (your Ideas Please) by Mindlog: 2:05pm On Aug 15, 2022
CakesToolsOvens:

I am into baking mostly. They like drawing though.

Then get them drawing books, pencils and crayons while you spice it up with baking classes appropriate for their ages, e no pass wetin some kids here in the UK are doing during this summer holiday......fun time all the way and they are learning at the same time with going academic.

1 Like

Re: Activities For Kids This Break (your Ideas Please) by CakesToolsOvens(f): 4:34pm On Aug 16, 2022
Channah1:
Don't you have chores you can engage them with?

If they have not been doing more tasking chores like cooking soups and more challenging meals, doing market runs and stuff, this is the time to teach them and make sure they perfect it. So that when school resumes they can independently prep for school and after school by themselves. Except they are already doing all that, then you can teach them how to bake and decorate since you are into confectionaries.

Thanks alot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Activities For Kids This Break (your Ideas Please) by CakesToolsOvens(f): 4:35pm On Aug 16, 2022
Mindlog:

Then get them drawing books, pencils and crayons while you spice it up with baking classes appropriate for their ages, e no pass wetin some kids here in the UK are doing during this summer holiday......fun time all the way and they are learning at the same time with going academic.

Okay, thanks for your suggestion.

(1) (Reply)

Toaster / Charles Is 'Closer Than Ever' To His Key Confidante Princess Anne / Should My Daughter Still Go To Airforce School?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.