Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Court sentences kidnap kingpin, Wadume to seven years Imprisonment - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court sentences kidnap kingpin, Wadume to seven years Imprisonment (24213 Views)

Inside The Room Where Wadume Hid Before Rearrest (pics) / Soldiers Helped Me Escape - Wadume Confesses (Full Transcript) / Wadume: Meet The Taraba Kidnap Kingpin (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court sentences kidnap kingpin, Wadume to seven years Imprisonment by frog12: 2:14pm On Aug 15, 2022
7 years is too low. what is wrong with these courts ?
Re: Court sentences kidnap kingpin, Wadume to seven years Imprisonment by frog12: 2:25pm On Aug 15, 2022
it's a federal high court and it is MALAMI that started the case. what are you talking about? don't you live in nigeria?

teepain:

It would appear that the judiciary in Lagos State is more active than the ones in other states and the Northern states essentially.

There are states laws that affect the sentences of kidnappers. In some states, I believe it is life imprisonment. If this guy had committed these crimes in Lagos State, the state (LASG) would have brought charges against him and he would never have escaped a life imprisonment.

I must mention that Ondo state too has sentenced some of these kidnappers recently on stringent terms and it is laudable. Kidnappers should never be given slap-on-the-wrist judgements.
Re: Court sentences kidnap kingpin, Wadume to seven years Imprisonment by Endyjay(m): 2:26pm On Aug 15, 2022
If the Judge that pass this sentence is kidnapped, he will understand the level of atrocities of kidnappers.

1 Like

Re: Court sentences kidnap kingpin, Wadume to seven years Imprisonment by kafeii123: 2:29pm On Aug 15, 2022
why sentenxe Wadume....next they'd bust another prisonyard and get the bagger out...Dis he not.kill anyone while he was in business...why not.try him for that murder
Re: Court sentences kidnap kingpin, Wadume to seven years Imprisonment by pcagbaji(m): 2:41pm On Aug 15, 2022
I don't think there is any victim ready to testify against him hence the small charge brought against him this is someone who's punishment should not be less life jail or death sentence
Re: Court sentences kidnap kingpin, Wadume to seven years Imprisonment by jacoik(m): 2:42pm On Aug 15, 2022
priceactionx:
This country will never be the same again.
This is a terrorist, kingpin that kills at will.
A terrorist knew for being brutal.
A terrorist that about 3 IRT officers and 2 civilians were laid ambush for by the soldiers and were killed in cold blood after planning his escape.
I don't want to believe that our politicians use these guys as foot soldiers while covering them, in case of law caught up with them.

Now he is a free man. Forget that seven years. In prison time, he will spend 3.5 years from the day of his arrest, then depending on the charges ( I stand to be corrected).
So absolutely he is released.
All other thing is a mirage.
As long as Dariye and Nyame are released, I know he will be released too, as soon as kyari.
I guess EVANS should be released too.
Where is KABIRU SOKOTO? Maybe somewhere in the NIGER republic, waiting for his SUV.
I shed tears of bitterness as I go through what you wrote now. Are we really in a sane country? I always sees our youths campaigns for this rulers and I shed more tears

1 Like

Re: Court sentences kidnap kingpin, Wadume to seven years Imprisonment by Nobody: 2:43pm On Aug 15, 2022
He has been sentenced on two out of 13 counts...meaning he can be sentenced on the other counts.

Wadume's pain is not yet over.
Re: Court sentences kidnap kingpin, Wadume to seven years Imprisonment by teepain: 3:09pm On Aug 15, 2022
frog12:
it's a federal high court and it is MALAMI that started the case. what are you talking about? don't you live in nigeria?

That exactly is my point. If the crimes were committed by Wadume in Lagos State, the State Government would have taken the guy to court and he would be judged according to the laws of the state. I refer you to the the following cases: LASG vs Reverend King; LASG vs Evans. The issue of jurisdiction is very important. Thank you.
Re: Court sentences kidnap kingpin, Wadume to seven years Imprisonment by sylvok: 3:13pm On Aug 15, 2022
Evans got life imprisonment while Wadume got just 7 years. Both are kidnappers and killers.
What justifies this light sentence for Wadume?
Re: Court sentences kidnap kingpin, Wadume to seven years Imprisonment by sylvok: 3:14pm On Aug 15, 2022
teepain:

That exactly is my point. If the crimes were committed by Wadume in Lagos State, the State Government would have taken the guy to court and he would be judged according to the laws of the state. I refer you to the the following cases: LASG vs Reverend King; LASG vs Evans. The issue of jurisdiction is very important. Thank you.

What jurisdiction would have sentenced a murderer and a kidnapper for just 7 years if not for corruption and manipulation of the justice system for ethnic gains?

3 Likes

Re: Court sentences kidnap kingpin, Wadume to seven years Imprisonment by MichaelSokoto(m): 3:15pm On Aug 15, 2022
Sultty:
something is not clear to me about this guy's case
WA-DU-U-ME an by dat?
grin
Re: Court sentences kidnap kingpin, Wadume to seven years Imprisonment by gaspology(m): 3:16pm On Aug 15, 2022
ghettokid1:

[b]Justice Binta Nyako has sentenced the Taraba based kidnap kingpin, Hamisu Bala, popularly called Wadume, to seven years imprisonment without an option of fine.[/b]https://dailypost.ng/2022/08/15/court-sentences-kidnap-kingpin-wadume-to-seven-years/

And EVANS' is death sentence. One Nigeria we hail thee

2 Likes

Re: Court sentences kidnap kingpin, Wadume to seven years Imprisonment by PharmacyStore: 3:20pm On Aug 15, 2022
This is like a Pat on the back
Re: Court sentences kidnap kingpin, Wadume to seven years Imprisonment by Sultty(m): 3:24pm On Aug 15, 2022
MichaelSokoto:

WA-DU-U-ME an by dat?
grin
this one deep gan

Re: Court sentences kidnap kingpin, Wadume to seven years Imprisonment by DOM7: 3:28pm On Aug 15, 2022
Sometimes this law of a thing is annoying or sometimes this lawyers are being selfish.some people that steal goat spend four to five years and this terrorist is sentence to just seven years?

1 Like

Re: Court sentences kidnap kingpin, Wadume to seven years Imprisonment by Yankee101: 3:40pm On Aug 15, 2022
Only 7 years?

Connections

That means automatic release for time served
Re: Court sentences kidnap kingpin, Wadume to seven years Imprisonment by Yankee101: 3:41pm On Aug 15, 2022
What of the military officer?
Abi una think say everybody don forget?

1 Like

Re: Court sentences kidnap kingpin, Wadume to seven years Imprisonment by teepain: 3:44pm On Aug 15, 2022
sylvok:

What jurisdiction would have sentenced a murderer and a kidnapper for just 7 years if not for corruption and manipulation of the justice system for ethnic gains?

Certainly, corruption and nepotism is at play.

1 Like

Re: Court sentences kidnap kingpin, Wadume to seven years Imprisonment by dominic17: 4:00pm On Aug 15, 2022
Even police men were killed because him.

squash47:
Na wa o. Person wey kidnap and destroy people life dem give am 7 yrs only because say na Hausa person. But dem give Evans life imprisonment.. Omo, this country no balance.

2 Likes

Re: Court sentences kidnap kingpin, Wadume to seven years Imprisonment by dominic17: 4:02pm On Aug 15, 2022
One Nigeria
nony43:
This guy’s kind of kidnapping is the same as Evans. They kidnap and live with the people in the city. So how come Evans got life imprisonment and he got seven years?

2 Likes

Re: Court sentences kidnap kingpin, Wadume to seven years Imprisonment by Badonasty(m): 4:29pm On Aug 15, 2022
I thought kidnapping na death sentence abi what am I missing here
Re: Court sentences kidnap kingpin, Wadume to seven years Imprisonment by drmuchin: 5:28pm On Aug 15, 2022
NIGERIA JUDICIARY IS THE MOST USELESS AFTER BUHARI

1 Like

Re: Court sentences kidnap kingpin, Wadume to seven years Imprisonment by Brenn594(m): 7:03pm On Aug 15, 2022
This wadume everytime him face no joy

Re: Court sentences kidnap kingpin, Wadume to seven years Imprisonment by Qwi1: 8:49pm On Aug 15, 2022
Too short
Re: Court sentences kidnap kingpin, Wadume to seven years Imprisonment by gulfer: 9:12pm On Aug 15, 2022
So just 7years for the lives wanted and livelihood destroyed angry angry angry angry angry angry tongue tongue
Re: Court sentences kidnap kingpin, Wadume to seven years Imprisonment by delpee(f): 11:19pm On Aug 15, 2022
Seems he wasn't tried for kidnapping and murder.
Re: Court sentences kidnap kingpin, Wadume to seven years Imprisonment by zumbigbo(m): 11:37pm On Aug 15, 2022
He will be out before December
Re: Court sentences kidnap kingpin, Wadume to seven years Imprisonment by philisto: 6:39am On Aug 16, 2022
What is the difference between Evans and Wadume?
Re: Court sentences kidnap kingpin, Wadume to seven years Imprisonment by Tundex911: 3:49am On Aug 17, 2022
Where's Gumi??
Re: Court sentences kidnap kingpin, Wadume to seven years Imprisonment by baretalk: 12:27pm On Aug 17, 2022
This justice should be investigated. The punishment for robbery is death, punishment for trafficking cocaine, is life imprisonment, how on it will a judge sentence a terrorist and killer to 7 years.
Re: Court sentences kidnap kingpin, Wadume to seven years Imprisonment by pointblank247(m): 4:35pm On Aug 17, 2022
Nigeria and Nigerians will never stop telling what they went through in the hands of bubu. MNK ssid it long time ago.

Like it is in animal kingdom (AKA zoo) all animals are equal but some are more equal than others

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend / Nigerian Caught With Cocaine For The 3rd Time In India / Lady Who Was Hit By A Stray Bullet In Ibadan, Dies. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.