Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Europe Faces Worst Drought In 500 Years ( Pics, Video) - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Europe Faces Worst Drought In 500 Years ( Pics, Video) (36715 Views)

London’s River Thames Shrinks As Extreme Heat, Looming Drought Dry Up Source / Yothaka, Thailand Erects Penis Statue To 'Battle' An Ongoing Drought / US White Female Cop Shot Black Neighbor In His Apartment, Got 10-years(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Europe Faces Worst Drought In 500 Years ( Pics, Video) by Tvoice: 11:31pm On Aug 15, 2022
abeg i get river for sale Oooo lol , make dem come naija .
Re: Europe Faces Worst Drought In 500 Years ( Pics, Video) by pyro10(m): 11:50pm On Aug 15, 2022
cheesy cheesy
PotatoSalad:

Come on go give the phone back to the owner. Go and play with your colouring book. You have no business here.
Re: Europe Faces Worst Drought In 500 Years ( Pics, Video) by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:44am On Aug 16, 2022
decatalyst:
Putin smiling with a glass of vodka in hand grin

grin grin

Isn’t Russia a part of the continent of Europe? The country is being impacted by drought and overgrazing also.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Europe Faces Worst Drought In 500 Years ( Pics, Video) by Benchilwell: 12:51am On Aug 16, 2022
SlyfoxxjReturns:

Shut up. Putin is the man Biden dreams of being while he craps his diapers every night

Roadside college lawyer.
u hear climate change, wetin Concern Putin for diz post, Nairaland with pple commenting rubbish, thinking dey are making sense

2 Likes

Re: Europe Faces Worst Drought In 500 Years ( Pics, Video) by Paperbag(m): 12:58am On Aug 16, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
They were profiting heavily from climate destruction.
check my signature for free stuffs!
But the said glaciers are melting at a faster rate and flooding will be a thing

So where are all the melted ice going
Re: Europe Faces Worst Drought In 500 Years ( Pics, Video) by 1stGenAmerican(f): 1:13am On Aug 16, 2022
Paperbag:

It’s causing sea levels to rise and will eventually flood coastal cities.

This is an informative article on the subject:
https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local/new-report-outlines-plans-to-prepare-east-boston-charlestown-for-sea-level-rise/2808143/

The City of Boston released Friday a new report that outlines plans to boost coastal resilience to flooding, focusing on parts of East Boston and Charlestown

The newly released report take a closer look at the coastal flood risk in the two neighborhoods, options to mitigate that risk and timelines to implement possible solutions in an effort to guide the developments of flood protection projects in the future. The city has now completed coastal resilience plans for all 47-miles of its coastline.

The Coastal Resilience Solutions for East Boston and Charlestown (Phase II) focuses in particular on the risks associated with sea level rise and storm surge, proposing ways to respond while also providing additional resources to community members. Proposed projects that the plan outlines include landscaped berms, elevating parts of the Harborwalk and raising roads to protect critical infrastructure.

"Climate adaptation presents an opportunity to create a resilient, climate-ready waterfront that advances priorities for open space, mobility, affordable housing, social and racial equity, and natural resource conservation,” Mayor Michelle Wu said in a news release. "This report lays out a community-driven vision for Boston’s coastline to be resilient, accessible, and protected."

The new report is the latest part of the city's ongoing push to prepare for climate change impacts. Climate Ready Boston features specific mitigation tactics for neighborhoods across the city, addressing everything from increasing heat to flood barriers.

"Building climate resilient communities requires an understanding of the deep impact climate change will have on our neighborhoods," District 6 City Councilor and Chair of the Environmental Justice, Resiliency & Parks Committee Kendra Lara said. "This project assesses the immediate concerns brought to our attention by the Climate Ready Boston report and presents necessary long-term solutions. This is a bold step toward protecting residents of Boston and promoting environmental sustainability."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Europe Faces Worst Drought In 500 Years ( Pics, Video) by Billygee2u: 1:51am On Aug 16, 2022
Righteousness2:

If the Biblical scenes fulfilling Endtimes Prophecies all around the world does not shake you to Repentance and Preparation, then nothing else will

The Evils, abominations , sodomy and Wickedness promoted and advanced by leaders, nations and institutions is provoking the ANCIENT of THE DAYS to test the mic of HIS wrath on the earth.
The Undiluted and Unadulterated Wrath of GOD is set to Collaspe this world

Amend your ways. Genuiely Surrender to JESUS and Live Prepared!
Ready or Not ready! JESUS Christ is Coming.
The Coming of JESUS is sooo Imminent

1 Like

Re: Europe Faces Worst Drought In 500 Years ( Pics, Video) by 1stGenAmerican(f): 1:52am On Aug 16, 2022
Paperbag:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/sea-level-rise-expected-worsen-coastal-flooding-sunny/story?id=87874281

Sea level rise is expected to worsen coastal flooding -- even on sunny days, according to new NOAA report
Rain won't be the only factor to cause severe floods in coastal communities.

The effects of sea level rise on coastal communities is even more drastic than scientists previously thought -- with more evidence pointing to increases in flooding, even on days without rain, according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

High-tide flooding, or "sunny day flooding," is becoming increasingly common due to decades of sea level rise, NOAA said in its update to its sea level rise report released Tuesday.

This type of flooding results from the overflow of ocean water at high tide that then covers low-lying areas -- typically occurring when the tides reach anywhere from 1.75 to 2 feet above the daily average, according to NOAA.

The water then spills onto streets or bubbles up from storm drains and will do so "more regularly," even with a mere full moon or change in prevailing winds or currents.

Coastal communities around the U.S. will continue to experience high-tide flooding -- also known as "king tides" or "nuisance" flooding -- with damage to basements and roadways commonplace as well as threats to human safety. Communities along the East Coast and Gulf of Mexico may see some of the highest levels of increases -- with an over 150% increase in high-tide events in 2022 compared to 2000, the report stated.

The silver lining is that as science advances, so does meteorologists' ability to predict when high-tide flooding will occur, according to NOAA.

In addition, due to lingering climatological effects from La Niña, coastal areas aren't predicted to experience a record number of flood events this year compared to 2021.

"The East and Gulf coasts already experience twice as many days of high tide flooding compared to the year 2000, flooding shorelines, streets and basements and damaging critical infrastructure," said Nicole LeBoeuf, director of NOAA’s National Ocean Service, in a statement. "As sea levels continue to rise, NOAA is committed to working with coastal communities to provide the tide gauge information and tools they need to tackle the problem, both now and in coming years."

Coastal communities in three locations along the Atlantic and Pacific coasts saw record high-tide flooding from May 2021 to April 2022: Reedy Point, Delaware; Springmaid Pier, South Carolina, near Myrtle Beach; and the Kwajalein Atoll in the Marshall Islands in the Pacific. That trend that is expected to continue into 2023 and beyond without improved flood defenses

The national outlook on high-tide events for 2022 is three to seven days total for the year in the U.S., according to NOAA. By 2050, high-tide flooding is expected to be between about 45 to 70 days per year on average, according to the report, which based the long-term projections off relative sea level rise predictions by 2050.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Europe Faces Worst Drought In 500 Years ( Pics, Video) by dahunsi12(m): 2:06am On Aug 16, 2022
annyplenty:
Joel 1:18-20 KJV
[18] How do the beasts groan! the herds of cattle are perplexed, because they have no pasture; yea, the flocks of sheep are made desolate.

[19] O Lord, to thee will I cry: for the fire hath devoured the pastures of the wilderness, and the flame hath burned all the trees of the field.

[20] The beasts of the field cry also unto thee: for the rivers ae of waters are dried up, and the fire hath devoured the pastures of the wilderness.

Bible is complete.

NB: The Bible Stand

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Europe Faces Worst Drought In 500 Years ( Pics, Video) by PS712: 3:04am On Aug 16, 2022
decatalyst:
Putin smiling with a glass of vodka in hand grin

grin grin
There must be some scientific and religious explanations. While reading and going through pictures I (on a lighter note) imagined Vladimir Putin might have built underground channels that siphoned the waters away may be to some expansive deserts and he might have released gases that would stop rain across Europe along with his testing of nukes, lol
Re: Europe Faces Worst Drought In 500 Years ( Pics, Video) by kaywhy09(m): 3:09am On Aug 16, 2022
I want to see it myself
Re: Europe Faces Worst Drought In 500 Years ( Pics, Video) by Sleekfingers: 3:34am On Aug 16, 2022
okeysoninv:
very soon many Europeans will relocate to Africa, especially southern Africa. This is what God said. bookmark it.

Lots of scientists, said it. Africa is where they will all come for safety. But is Africa ready? Because another colonization might happen. More brutal. Africa seems not to be any different. Still dancing with poverty and identify crisis.
Right now. Africa seems to be less concern about the heat waves in Europe. Poverty and their slavery religions has blindfolded them.
Our go clear, when the western can no longer cope with the extreme weather.

1 Like

Re: Europe Faces Worst Drought In 500 Years ( Pics, Video) by Sleekfingers: 3:37am On Aug 16, 2022
ALCOHOLKILLS:
Make Europeans no relocate to Africa ooo cheesy grin

Lots of scientists, said it. Africa is where they will all come for safety. But is Africa ready? Because another colonization might happen. More brutal. Africa seems not to be any different. Still dancing with poverty and identify crisis.
Right now. Africa seems to be less concern about the heat waves in Europe. Poverty and their slavery religions has blindfolded them.
Our eyes go clear, when the western can no longer cope with the extreme weather.
Re: Europe Faces Worst Drought In 500 Years ( Pics, Video) by Gentlechika(m): 4:05am On Aug 16, 2022
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright
where have u been man?
Re: Europe Faces Worst Drought In 500 Years ( Pics, Video) by Nyenom: 4:25am On Aug 16, 2022
Globad:

Hope you know that this is not the first time that a drought is happening even in Europe or any other part of the world.

Because you have a hammer in your hand, stop seeing everything as nails.

It's not everything that's a fulfilment of your doomsday prophecy.

If it rains too much: "the world is coming to an end"

If the heat it too much: "God wants to destroy the world"

A man divorces his wife: "oh, Jesus is coming back"

A woman committed suicide: "it's a sign of the end times"

Wetin?!

Wahala no too much like this

Even God won't be happy with your scaremongering messages

Rest.

Oga! Its called freedom of speech., by the way, use your own religious quotex here against his lets see.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Europe Faces Worst Drought In 500 Years ( Pics, Video) by Helpout12345: 4:44am On Aug 16, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

It’s causing sea levels to rise and will eventually flood coastal cities.

This is an informative article on the subject:
https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local/new-report-outlines-plans-to-prepare-east-boston-charlestown-for-sea-level-rise/2808143/

The City of Boston released Friday a new report that outlines plans to boost coastal resilience to flooding, focusing on parts of East Boston and Charlestown

The newly released report take a closer look at the coastal flood risk in the two neighborhoods, options to mitigate that risk and timelines to implement possible solutions in an effort to guide the developments of flood protection projects in the future. The city has now completed coastal resilience plans for all 47-miles of its coastline.

The Coastal Resilience Solutions for East Boston and Charlestown (Phase II) focuses in particular on the risks associated with sea level rise and storm surge, proposing ways to respond while also providing additional resources to community members. Proposed projects that the plan outlines include landscaped berms, elevating parts of the Harborwalk and raising roads to protect critical infrastructure.

"Climate adaptation presents an opportunity to create a resilient, climate-ready waterfront that advances priorities for open space, mobility, affordable housing, social and racial equity, and natural resource conservation,” Mayor Michelle Wu said in a news release. "This report lays out a community-driven vision for Boston’s coastline to be resilient, accessible, and protected."

The new report is the latest part of the city's ongoing push to prepare for climate change impacts. Climate Ready Boston features specific mitigation tactics for neighborhoods across the city, addressing everything from increasing heat to flood barriers.

"Building climate resilient communities requires an understanding of the deep impact climate change will have on our neighborhoods," District 6 City Councilor and Chair of the Environmental Justice, Resiliency & Parks Committee Kendra Lara said. "This project assesses the immediate concerns brought to our attention by the Climate Ready Boston report and presents necessary long-term solutions. This is a bold step toward protecting residents of Boston and promoting environmental sustainability."

What do you say to this? Co founder of Weather Channel said Climate change is just a hoax.

https://rumble.com/v17p77a-scientist-and-weather-channel-founder-john-coleman-punks-brian-seltzer-on-c.html
Re: Europe Faces Worst Drought In 500 Years ( Pics, Video) by planetx: 4:49am On Aug 16, 2022
Let see where you japa clowns will run to very soon, this is just the beginning and every corner of this planet will get a taste of this incoming judgement.

2 Likes

Re: Europe Faces Worst Drought In 500 Years ( Pics, Video) by FreeStuffsNG: 5:47am On Aug 16, 2022
Paperbag:

My hypothesis is that more water could have been transfered and stored in extra-climatic reserviours.
Re: Europe Faces Worst Drought In 500 Years ( Pics, Video) by harmargedon: 6:08am On Aug 16, 2022
That was the same reason y'all took ships and sailed to Africa for greener pastures, but I don't see that happening again.

1 Like

Re: Europe Faces Worst Drought In 500 Years ( Pics, Video) by BigBashiru: 6:09am On Aug 16, 2022
okeysoninv:
very soon many Europeans will relocate to Africa, especially southern Africa. This is what God said. bookmark it.

The dutch sailed to south africa around 4th April 1662 and tried to take it over by force....British and french savages tried to take over many African countries.

After calling us monkeys and 3rd world whereas they are the actual monkeys and 3rd worlders especially British Island savages.... they should stay in their land pls.

2 Likes

Re: Europe Faces Worst Drought In 500 Years ( Pics, Video) by BigBashiru: 6:10am On Aug 16, 2022
harmargedon:
That was the same reason y'all took ships and sailed to Africa for greener pastures, but I don't see that happening again.

It will happen again because they are poor without Africa....that's the truth but Africans have been brainwashed by their media....

1 Like

Re: Europe Faces Worst Drought In 500 Years ( Pics, Video) by ModCaller: 6:36am On Aug 16, 2022
internationalman:
This is a natural disaster.

We are plague with our own man made disaster in the guise of bad leaders.

You mean bad people?

Leaders are not foreigners.
Re: Europe Faces Worst Drought In 500 Years ( Pics, Video) by onyxo76(m): 6:47am On Aug 16, 2022
Righteousness2:

If the Biblical scenes fulfilling Endtimes Prophecies all around the world does not shake you to Repentance and Preparation, then nothing else will

The Evils, abominations , sodomy and Wickedness promoted and advanced by leaders, nations and institutions is provoking the ANCIENT of THE DAYS to test the mic of HIS wrath on the earth.

may God continue to uphold us all.

1 Like

Re: Europe Faces Worst Drought In 500 Years ( Pics, Video) by Boomboost(m): 7:06am On Aug 16, 2022
Righteousness2:

Bro, good day!

Between John the Baptist and Jesus' style of preaching, which was more effective?
Re: Europe Faces Worst Drought In 500 Years ( Pics, Video) by packagerz: 7:07am On Aug 16, 2022
!! Admin please aseptic this post, God bless you!!
������������
PRAY FOR MY SON Brothers and sisters please help me my son out loud for the rescue of her son

I feel like life is going to off my only son, am hopeless and doesn't know what to do. Please my brothers and sisters don't pass without saying a word of prayer to him and help to share it to others to pray for my son. And this is nine months that I lost his mother now in a fatal accident on his way back from onitsha, and have been suffering ever since from my son's heart failure please my brother and sisters help me he is dying slowly as day passes by please I can't keep this to my self alone do not forsake me please the doctor is demanding for

2.1million for treatment I had sold all my properties we have manage to raised some of 860,000 please help the baby please your pocket will Never rundown in Jesus name Amen.

Please and please no amount is too small, 1000,2000,3000,5000,10,000 is something help me please God will bless and keep you out of sickness like this..

THIS IS THE FATHER ACCOUNT DETAILS IF GOD MOVE TO SU SUPPORT PLEASE. FOR DONATIONS,

ACCT NAME: jeje olusegun

ACCT NUMBER 0069386300

BANK NAME : ACCESS BANK

MAY God never let you down as you are sowing in another's life may God continue to be sowing in your life and your family may any of your family members never experience this type of sickness Amen. Please pray for him!

Re: Europe Faces Worst Drought In 500 Years ( Pics, Video) by Anonymoususher: 7:09am On Aug 16, 2022
If this disaster continues they will set their sights elsewhere and start a war to colonize Africa and Asia again.

In the middle ages, Europeans were mere farmers and mostly peasants but were always curious people with strong armies, waging wars to conquer people they feel have luxuries they didn't have.

In Asia where the Ottomans ruled, they had beautiful silks, gold and luxuries, Europe saw them but couldn't approach because those ones had more powerful militaries.

Portugal decided to sail west in search for any land or people they could trade with and by accident they landed in Africa where they discovered a people rich in gold but with their own military too. Africa was literally doing better than Europe economically but Europeans have fought so many wars between themselves and had a well organized military and armoury.

Spain, set out far west with Columbus to search for their own trade route and by accident Columbus discovered South America with gold but no clothes, but surprisingly South Americans had no army and didn't know how to fight, Columbus sent a letter back to the king of Spain saying, " We have discovered a rich land but the people have no army, instead of trading we can just take the land and conquer the people ".... An expedition that was supposed to be for trade turned into a conquest and that was how Spain conquered and enslaved South America.

Other European powers, like France, Britain, Belgium, Netherland and Germany saw their neighbors Spain and Portugal now putting on Beautiful silks and getting richer in gold and diamonds. They knew it didn't come from Middle East Asia because the Ottomans were too strong for them and they knew it didn't come from South East Asia because the Chinese, Japanese and Koreans too already had gunpowder and very strong military too so they decided to embark on their on expedition to Africa and South America, that was how European powers started a rush for Africa just to take the things they didn't have.

Britain, France, Belgium started out by using their missionaries to penetrate innermost parts of Africa, preaching salvation and providing medications. While the missionaries were providing aid, they were also eyes for the government to penetrate and understand the system of Africans and how they can conquer these people.

The missionaries provided the Intel to their government on how to conquer the people and where to lay siege and destroy their bowls and arrows. That was how they conquered Africa.

Now, with Europe in a mess, we can pray for it not to persist because if their region is messed up, they will set their eyes back in Africa and South America once again. They are still better equipped and we'll organized than us and it wouldn't take them a thing to obliterate our military and break our will..

The most greedy sets of people on earth are Europeans

4 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lithuania Abandons Russian Gas. First European Nation To Do So. / CNN Worldwide President, Zucker Resigns After Relationship With Co-worker / IDF Shows Remains Of Iranian Ballistic Missile That Fell In Dead Sea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.