Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,211 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:27 AM

Conservationists Warn Against Extinction Of Lions In Nigeria - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Conservationists Warn Against Extinction Of Lions In Nigeria (15958 Views)

Emaciated Lions At Breeding Farm Eat Each Other In South Africa(Pics) / Kenya: EIGHT Lions Tackle Buffalo In Savage Attack (Pictures) / Kakapo, The New Zealand Parrot: Scientists Struggle To Save It From Extinction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Conservationists Warn Against Extinction Of Lions In Nigeria by diplomat058(m): 2:04pm On Aug 16, 2022
02Kebreal:

Go to any nearest zoo,enter a Lion cage let's verify
what if he is a bast**rd? There are exceptional variables to be considered
Re: Conservationists Warn Against Extinction Of Lions In Nigeria by PrinceMajestic: 2:07pm On Aug 16, 2022
They are already extinct, just a few rarely seen around north east Nigeria desert which are roaming from Cameroon
Re: Conservationists Warn Against Extinction Of Lions In Nigeria by etrange: 2:12pm On Aug 16, 2022
Farid24224:
One of my favorites animal out there...My grandma usually tell us that we are from the Ozidu clan of Ebira tribe..
That a Lion won't attack us if it sees us... undecided

Lol... how did you offend your grandma?
Re: Conservationists Warn Against Extinction Of Lions In Nigeria by ElSudani: 2:13pm On Aug 16, 2022
Farid24224:
One of my favorites animal out there...My grandma usually tell us that we are from the Ozidu clan of Ebira tribe..

Grandma lied to you. Be careful, don't become dinner for a wild cat.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Conservationists Warn Against Extinction Of Lions In Nigeria by DeAdvokate(m): 2:50pm On Aug 16, 2022
Farid24224:

Have you tried visit the zoo and meet a lion?
Re: Conservationists Warn Against Extinction Of Lions In Nigeria by micaluk: 2:57pm On Aug 16, 2022
TIDDOLL:
[/b]A lot is wrong with us in this country!![b]

[/b]I look through the thread and read comments, and all we do is complain and complain and complain, we'll never own up, just look at the comments, from stark ignorance to undue excuses.
Wildlife tourism or Eco-tourism is a major contributor of some countries GDP right here in Africa, we are so blessed in that we need not strive so much to create jobs, improve standard of living[b]

[/b]Just conserve, preserve and explore our natural resources optimally![b]

[/b]But No, the country is suffering...Conservation is the least of our concern, No, people are hungry let's cut down tree and kill the wild Animals for food....
No, this wild animals are dangerous to live around humans.
No this no that.[b]

[/b]We cry for Good governance every single day, but we as citizens are not ready! to make it worse the so called literates amongst us lack basic developmental knowledge.[b]

[/b]Those things you consider as "not important" can serve as a bed rock for a strong and working economy.
Imagine the ministry of Environment, culture and tourism working tirelessly to revive the National parks and game reserves in Nigeria....putting the neccesarry measures in place, we won't even witness the incursion of Bandits and terrorists in this Forests in the first place, but no we are all so stupid!![b]

[/b]All we would worry about is how to develop enough facilities and amenities to cater for the influx of tourists year in year out.[b]

[/b]I studied Wildlife Management and all I could think about now is learning an IT skill because I can't even practice what I learnt for 5years in a country where we are blessed with enough Flora and Fauna![b]
[/b]when people see my CV, they go like.....just travel abroad, you can't make something of this course here.[b]

[/b]If a country like Congo can keep fighting rebels for decades to conserve the animals in VIRUNGA NATIONAL PARK,iv majorly the MOUNTAIN GORRILA, what is our excuse not to fight for the conservation of WEST AFRICAN LION in KAINJI LAKE NATIONAL PARK AND YANKARI GAME RESERVE.[b]
I've read comments and you're the only one standing out so far,what we don't know is that having recreational parks and reserves boost the economy...Go to burkina Faso,go to tanzania.youll be shocked how they regard animals but the only thing we Nigerians think is about how to eat them.
Re: Conservationists Warn Against Extinction Of Lions In Nigeria by naturefellow(m): 3:07pm On Aug 16, 2022
inoki247:
lol abg getat from here if Lion go extinct we go die....

Wetin we dey face now pass all diz jargons....

When dinosaur nd dem dragon go extinct human being no live dere life....
poverty is a disease
Re: Conservationists Warn Against Extinction Of Lions In Nigeria by nony43(m): 3:13pm On Aug 16, 2022
Farid24224:

No...She told us that they've came across Lions a lot when they were hiding in the forest during the Biafran war..That they just bend to there knee without looking at it's eyes then it will walk away.

Are you serious? Please.ask her which state they saw lions.
Re: Conservationists Warn Against Extinction Of Lions In Nigeria by inoki247: 3:17pm On Aug 16, 2022
naturefellow:
poverty is a disease

Yes poverty is a disease the way Lion is paying your Bill's and feeding u...
Re: Conservationists Warn Against Extinction Of Lions In Nigeria by Allisgud: 3:40pm On Aug 16, 2022
If dog meat is called 404
What will lion meat be called
Re: Conservationists Warn Against Extinction Of Lions In Nigeria by Timagex(m): 5:56pm On Aug 16, 2022
Farid24224:

I pity you. grin
Re: Conservationists Warn Against Extinction Of Lions In Nigeria by Farid24224(m): 6:35pm On Aug 16, 2022
nony43:

Are you serious? Please.ask her which state they saw lions.

She's dead...She said Lokoja
Re: Conservationists Warn Against Extinction Of Lions In Nigeria by simongonner: 6:40pm On Aug 16, 2022
Stevenson20:
Do we even have lions in Nigeria
yeah . KAINJI National Park , Niger state

1 Like

Re: Conservationists Warn Against Extinction Of Lions In Nigeria by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 8:49pm On Aug 16, 2022
inoki247:
lol abg getat from here if Lion go extinct we go die....

Wetin we dey face now pass all diz jargons....

When dinosaur nd dem dragon go extinct human being no live dere life....
Unku i dont know about dinosaurs but dragon never existed.. How human beings wan extinct a flying creature that vomits fire from its mouth..
Re: Conservationists Warn Against Extinction Of Lions In Nigeria by PhilipTraum(m): 8:52pm On Aug 16, 2022
Why e nor go extinct. See unfinished wood them keep for am to chop

Re: Conservationists Warn Against Extinction Of Lions In Nigeria by inoki247: 9:24pm On Aug 16, 2022
PrinceofAgoAre:
Unku i dont know about dinosaurs but dragon never existed.. How human beings wan extinct a flying creature that vomits fire from its mouth..

No be wetin dem tell us and we read we go dey chop...
Re: Conservationists Warn Against Extinction Of Lions In Nigeria by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 9:26pm On Aug 16, 2022
inoki247:

No be wetin dem tell us and we read we go dey chop...
Lol. Na fairytale creature.. They're nt true..
Re: Conservationists Warn Against Extinction Of Lions In Nigeria by naturefellow(m): 11:14pm On Aug 16, 2022
inoki247:

Yes poverty is a disease the way Lion is paying your Bill's and feeding u...
right, go on and poach all the remaining lions in the wild to feed and sort your bills.
Re: Conservationists Warn Against Extinction Of Lions In Nigeria by Akinola100: 11:44pm On Aug 16, 2022
People don't read extensively in this country again. See comments for goodness sake. Even Benin Republic have plenty lions in a park called Pendjari national park.
People should know that conservation is key to making this world stay alive. There's a reason why God created this animals. Imagine if bees have gone extinct, all humans would be dead in 2 years or even less. So people saying lions or wildlife is the least of their problems since they have bills to settle shows myopic thinking, human needs no dey END. Think long term not now, conserve and save for future generations, don't let we the present people destroy and put our children in the state of dilemma later in the future when the survival of human race is in a hopeless situation, because that can make us go EXTINCT.
Re: Conservationists Warn Against Extinction Of Lions In Nigeria by Maforgreats(m): 10:27am On Aug 17, 2022
Farid24224:
u don conduct the experiment? grin
Re: Conservationists Warn Against Extinction Of Lions In Nigeria by yassinattah(m): 4:45pm On Aug 24, 2022
SeriouslySense:
Hopefully and thankfully, maybe a better human canivore will come on the scene and prefer to eat weaker humans. Then that better human canivore will shove grass down your throats and see how it amazes it greed.

Are you a Zoologist or NatGeo rep or Discovery channel corespondent or pro-animal life.
You feel your reply is very sensible,haven’t humans been eating other humans since time memorial,go and read abt Clifford Orji and come back and tell us what he was known for.
The people being shoved grass down their throat are the nowadays vegetarian who chooses to live such life,these apex predators are too many to be in existence,

Finally,make it and make sense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Olusola Ayoola: Nigeria Can Earn Forex From Robotics, Artificial Intelligence / Scientists Warn Nigerians Against Indiscriminate Blasting Of Rocks / First Liver Surgery With Tablet Computer In Germany Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.