Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,564 members, 7,816,380 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Clapping For Jesus Is Wrong — Pastor Damina Lectures Christians (Video) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Clapping For Jesus Is Wrong — Pastor Damina Lectures Christians (Video) (30359 Views)

Abel Damina: Breast, Yansh, Brain, Good Cook Do Not Make You A Wife Material But / Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) / Pastor Abel Damina: Sin Cannot Take A Person To Hell (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Clapping For Jesus Is Wrong — Pastor Damina Lectures Christians (Video) by Whoknowsme: 3:48pm On Aug 16, 2022
I pray we don't wake up one day and notice that the bible has been changed to their own narrative.

1 Like

Re: Clapping For Jesus Is Wrong — Pastor Damina Lectures Christians (Video) by Biafranodogwu55: 3:49pm On Aug 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Well, it isn't. Since it is of the Hebrew tongue. undecided
See this oneundecided

1 Like

Re: Clapping For Jesus Is Wrong — Pastor Damina Lectures Christians (Video) by duro4chang(m): 3:49pm On Aug 16, 2022
They have come again!
Re: Clapping For Jesus Is Wrong — Pastor Damina Lectures Christians (Video) by damosky12(m): 3:50pm On Aug 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:
What in the world are "holy hands" for Pete's sake? undecided

1 Timothy 2:8
[8]I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.

Knowing too little but always seeing faults. It's a wrong spirit.

4 Likes

Re: Clapping For Jesus Is Wrong — Pastor Damina Lectures Christians (Video) by victorjoe(m): 3:50pm On Aug 16, 2022
Re: Clapping For Jesus Is Wrong — Pastor Damina Lectures Christians (Video) by etrange: 3:50pm On Aug 16, 2022
Religion is highly opinionated.

1 Like

Re: Clapping For Jesus Is Wrong — Pastor Damina Lectures Christians (Video) by Arysexy(m): 3:50pm On Aug 16, 2022
Safyqueen:
Just become a Muslim and save yourself of this controversies. You will then know who JESUS (PBUH) is and was.

I'm sure you didn't swear an oath to comment this nonsense.

But in Islamic thread, comments are restricted.

Respect yourself with that PBUH rubbish you attached to his name, you can do that to Mohamed

6 Likes

Re: Clapping For Jesus Is Wrong — Pastor Damina Lectures Christians (Video) by michoim(m): 3:50pm On Aug 16, 2022
What happens to Psalm 47:1 that says " O Clap your hands, all ye people; shout unto God with a voice of triumph.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clapping For Jesus Is Wrong — Pastor Damina Lectures Christians (Video) by WithFact: 3:50pm On Aug 16, 2022
ayourbamie:
Na so one pastor say Alleluia is not an heavenly language

Muslims say YA ALLAHU Preface come first.
Christians say ALELU YA Preface come second.

It could also be retructured like;
ALLAHU YA
ALELU YA
Re: Clapping For Jesus Is Wrong — Pastor Damina Lectures Christians (Video) by DeZoro(m): 3:51pm On Aug 16, 2022
Ps. 47:1
O clap your hands, all peoples;
Shout to God with the voice of joy.

Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Clapping

People go just wear suit and call themselves Pastors. As if the rest of us nor go school to know what clap signify. I pity those under him.....

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clapping For Jesus Is Wrong — Pastor Damina Lectures Christians (Video) by SmartyPants(m): 3:51pm On Aug 16, 2022
It's not wrong but when someone sings or a visiting pastor attends service and somoene says "clap for Jesus", are you really clapping for Jesus?

1 Like

Re: Clapping For Jesus Is Wrong — Pastor Damina Lectures Christians (Video) by Mayflowa(m): 3:51pm On Aug 16, 2022
This is nonsense. He is trying to be relevant and make worshipping God more difficult! Jesus will not remove our non-obnoxious culture. He doesn't do that.

5 Likes

Re: Clapping For Jesus Is Wrong — Pastor Damina Lectures Christians (Video) by Symplychima: 3:52pm On Aug 16, 2022
Is the whole Jesus thing not wrong?

1 Like

Re: Clapping For Jesus Is Wrong — Pastor Damina Lectures Christians (Video) by IamAsiri: 3:53pm On Aug 16, 2022
Arysexy:
Attention seeker and Bible twister. Clapping is a way of appreciation.

If everything must be done based on Bible, I wonder why u use social media, IPAD, micro phone etc. These things are not in the Bible, ndi sola scriptura

It's in the Bible. People will come out with new truths different from the truth which we have known. It's called Nicolatian doctrine.

2 Likes

Re: Clapping For Jesus Is Wrong — Pastor Damina Lectures Christians (Video) by Bluezy13(m): 3:53pm On Aug 16, 2022
Olojuobinrin:
That’s why we don’t clap or play drums in my church, only sing from the hymm book .
Please which church is that ??
Re: Clapping For Jesus Is Wrong — Pastor Damina Lectures Christians (Video) by Image123(m): 3:55pm On Aug 16, 2022
We have come again.

Psa 47:1 To the chief Musician, A Psalm for the sons of Korah. O clap your hands, all ye people; shout unto God with the voice of triumph.

2 Likes

Re: Clapping For Jesus Is Wrong — Pastor Damina Lectures Christians (Video) by ransomed: 3:55pm On Aug 16, 2022
Clapping is not our problem sir, how my offsprings will not continue what PDP started and APC compounded is my focus. Terrorists are bombing and killing in churches and you start talking irrelevant things.
Ban your church members from clapping as I have chosen to serve God or worship Him the way I learnt from my earthly father.
Thank you sir.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clapping For Jesus Is Wrong — Pastor Damina Lectures Christians (Video) by blesdman(m): 4:04pm On Aug 16, 2022
ayourbamie:
Na so one pastor say Alleluia is not an heavenly language
Pastor Damina is a commentator or critic, not a pastor. Period

2 Likes

Re: Clapping For Jesus Is Wrong — Pastor Damina Lectures Christians (Video) by Reallife17: 4:07pm On Aug 16, 2022
Everybody trying so hard to bring their own theories to the Christian family

1 Like

Re: Clapping For Jesus Is Wrong — Pastor Damina Lectures Christians (Video) by Emmychem(m): 4:07pm On Aug 16, 2022
To the choirmaster. A Psalm of the Sons of Korah. Clap your hands, all peoples! Shout to God with loud songs of joy! For the Lord, the Most High, is to be feared, a great king over all the earth. He subdued peoples under us, and nations under our feet. He chose our heritage for us, the pride of Jacob whom he loves. Selah God has gone up with a shout, the Lord with the sound of a trumpet. ...

Ezekiel 25:6 ESV / 49 helpful votes
For thus says the Lord God: Because you have clapped your hands and stamped your feet and rejoiced with all the malice within your soul against the land of Israel,

Job 27:23 ESV / 46 helpful votes
It claps its hands at him and hisses at him from its place.

Isaiah 55:12 ESV / 45 helpful votes
“For you shall go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and the hills before you shall break forth into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.

Psalm 150:1-6 ESV / 45 helpful votes
Praise the Lord! Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens! Praise him for his mighty deeds; praise him according to his excellent greatness! Praise him with trumpet sound; praise him with lute and harp! Praise him with tambourine and dance; praise him with strings and pipe! Praise him with sounding cymbals; praise him with loud clashing cymbals! ...

Job 34:37 ESV / 39 helpful votes
For he adds rebellion to his sin; he claps his hands among us and multiplies his words against God.”

Nahum 3:19 ESV / 33 helpful votes
There is no easing your hurt; your wound is grievous. All who hear the news about you clap their hands over you. For upon whom has not come your unceasing evil?

2 Kings 11:12 ESV / 31 helpful votes
Then he brought out the king's son and put the crown on him and gave him the testimony. And they proclaimed him king and anointed him, and they clapped their hands and said, “Long live the king!”

Psalm 149:3 ESV / 30 helpful votes
Let them praise his name with dancing, making melody to him with tambourine and lyre!

1 Timothy 2:8 ESV / 24 helpful votes
I desire then that in every place the men should pray, lifting holy hands without anger or quarreling;

Lamentations 2:15 ESV / 22 helpful votes
All who pass along the way clap their hands at you; they hiss and wag their heads at the daughter of Jerusalem: “Is this the city that was called the perfection of beauty, the joy of all the earth?”

Psalm 134:2 ESV / 17 helpful votes
Lift up your hands to the holy place and bless the Lord!

Psalm 141:2 ESV / 16 helpful votes
Let my prayer be counted as incense before you, and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice!

Isaiah 45:1-25 ESV / 14 helpful votes
Thus says the Lord to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have grasped, to subdue nations before him and to loose the belts of kings, to open doors before him that gates may not be closed: “I will go before you and level the exalted places, I will break in pieces the doors of bronze and cut through the bars of iron, I will give you the treasures of darkness and the hoards in secret places, that you may know that it is I, the Lord, the God of Israel, who call you by your name. For the sake of my servant Jacob, and Israel my chosen, I call you by your name, I name you, though you do not know me. I am the Lord, and there is no other, besides me there is no God; I equip you, though you do not know me, ...

Song of Solomon 1:1-17 ESV / 13 helpful votes
The Song of Songs, which is Solomon's. Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth! For your love is better than wine; your anointing oils are fragrant; your name is oil poured out; therefore virgins love you. Draw me after you; let us run. The king has brought me into his chambers. We will exult and rejoice in you; we will extol your love more than wine; rightly do they love you. I am very dark, but lovely, O daughters of Jerusalem, like the tents of Kedar, like the curtains of Solomon. ...

Colossians 3:16 ESV / 12 helpful votes
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.

Psalm 149:1-9 ESV / 10 helpful votes
Praise the Lord! Sing to the Lord a new song, his praise in the assembly of the godly! Let Israel be glad in his Maker; let the children of Zion rejoice in their King! Let them praise his name with dancing, making melody to him with tambourine and lyre!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clapping For Jesus Is Wrong — Pastor Damina Lectures Christians (Video) by shugaboy6102(m): 4:08pm On Aug 16, 2022
LiveWithIt:
So many ignorant christians on NL
Pastor damina is right
please see psalm 47 and reply

3 Likes

Re: Clapping For Jesus Is Wrong — Pastor Damina Lectures Christians (Video) by Hanibbal(m): 4:08pm On Aug 16, 2022
opalu:
Evangelism will keep Christians so busy that they dont have time for heresies. It is lack of Evangelism that heretic teachings evolve from even genuine Preachers.
Evangelism is preaching the simplest basics and basis of our Salvation to the lost so as to save them. When you become too big to win souls you will become too idle thus twisting and tweaking the scriptures happen.

Gbam....Thank you for this.
Re: Clapping For Jesus Is Wrong — Pastor Damina Lectures Christians (Video) by general111(m): 4:09pm On Aug 16, 2022
opalu:
Evangelism will keep Christians so busy that they dont have time for heresies. It is lack of Evangelism that heretic teachings evolve from even genuine Preachers.
Evangelism is preaching the simplest basics and basis of our Salvation to the lost so as to save them. When you become too big to win souls you will become too idle thus twisting and tweaking the scriptures happen.
i love you sir
Re: Clapping For Jesus Is Wrong — Pastor Damina Lectures Christians (Video) by infogenius(m): 4:11pm On Aug 16, 2022
TMSMedia:

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChUe-bervWj/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

That’s the level of knowledge he has. He can read ps 47:1 to add to his knowledge base.

2 Likes

Re: Clapping For Jesus Is Wrong — Pastor Damina Lectures Christians (Video) by PaedophileProph: 4:11pm On Aug 16, 2022
Psalms 47:1 - clap for God

1 Like

Re: Clapping For Jesus Is Wrong — Pastor Damina Lectures Christians (Video) by Reallife17: 4:12pm On Aug 16, 2022
SmartyPants:
It's not wrong but when someone sings or a visiting pastor attends service and somoene says "clap for Jesus", are you really clapping for Jesus?
grin grin grin
Re: Clapping For Jesus Is Wrong — Pastor Damina Lectures Christians (Video) by peace80037: 4:12pm On Aug 16, 2022
Everything is good in Christian they wander blindlyEverything is good in Christian they wander blindly...
Re: Clapping For Jesus Is Wrong — Pastor Damina Lectures Christians (Video) by Godstiger(m): 4:15pm On Aug 16, 2022
Safyqueen:
Just become a Muslim and save yourself of this controversies. You will then know who JESUS (PBUH) is and was.
Would rather become godless

1 Like

Re: Clapping For Jesus Is Wrong — Pastor Damina Lectures Christians (Video) by CrestMan: 4:15pm On Aug 16, 2022
He is very correct.

My man of God Pastor Chris Oyakhilome already taught us this last year!

1 Like

Re: Clapping For Jesus Is Wrong — Pastor Damina Lectures Christians (Video) by Munieer(m): 4:15pm On Aug 16, 2022
Watin this one dey talk sef undecidedsomthing make e don exist since way den even born na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Father Mbaka Escapes Assassination, Shot At By Gunmen - Adoration Ministry / God Used A Witch To Save My Life — Pastor Enoch Adeboye / I Need Help For A Spiritual Problem Of Over Three Years.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.