Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,612 members, 7,816,517 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

What If A Registered Voter Loses His Voter's Card On The Eve Of Election? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What If A Registered Voter Loses His Voter's Card On The Eve Of Election? (266 Views)

Buhari & Emefiele Chat With Tinubu On Eve Of Swearing-In (Throwback Photo) / My PVC Collection Experience As A Newly Registered Voter / Nigerian Soldier Flaunts His Voter's Card, Says He Will Vote For Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If A Registered Voter Loses His Voter's Card On The Eve Of Election? by FreedomfromtheT: 4:05pm On Aug 16, 2022
Thank God for the new electoral law signed by president Muhammadu Buhari that allows for electronic transmission of votes. But what if voters are not able to vote bacause they no longer have their voters' cards?
I don't want to sound like a prophet of doom but I can read desperation on the part of some candidates and political parties. I am seriously afraid of a situation where a lot of Nigerians will be dispossessed of their voters' cards on the eve of election. What if that happens? What if a desperate political party decides to rob intending voters in an opponent's stronghold of their PVCs using armed robbers or political thugs? That means all the intending voters,in that area, though duly registered and willing to exercise their franchise, would not be able to vote.
I am of the humble opinion that Nigeria's Independent National Eelctoral Commission (INEC) should make provision to allow people who are duly registered, but who unfortunately lost their PVCs, to still be able to vote. This can be made possible if INEC has the soft copies of the identities of all registered voters on their data base. All it takes is for the INEC officials to confirm from their data base and through the intending voter's finger prints that he is actually the registered voter in that polling unit. Other means of identification such as the BVN or NIN can equally be used in case of loss of PVC as it is done for banking transactions.
Prevention is better than cure.
May God bless Nigeria and get us good leadership that will help take our dear country out of our present economic and sociopolitical quagmire and make her great again in Jesus' name, Amen.
Re: What If A Registered Voter Loses His Voter's Card On The Eve Of Election? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 16, 2022
Go home quietly. grin
Re: What If A Registered Voter Loses His Voter's Card On The Eve Of Election? by duro4chang(m): 4:23pm On Aug 16, 2022
That person should just stay at home. No erection be that
Re: What If A Registered Voter Loses His Voter's Card On The Eve Of Election? by FreedomfromtheT: 8:31pm On Aug 16, 2022
Jennifer663:
Go home quietly. grin
Of course. But I think that INEC needs to do something about this.
Re: What If A Registered Voter Loses His Voter's Card On The Eve Of Election? by FreedomfromtheT: 8:32pm On Aug 16, 2022
Jennifer663:
Go home quietly. grin
Of course. But don't you think that INEC needs to do something about this?
Re: What If A Registered Voter Loses His Voter's Card On The Eve Of Election? by FreedomfromtheT: 8:33pm On Aug 16, 2022
duro4chang:
The person cannot even come out to vote except there is a provision for alternative ways of voter identification.

1 Like

Re: What If A Registered Voter Loses His Voter's Card On The Eve Of Election? by FreedomfromtheT: 8:34pm On Aug 16, 2022
duro4chang:
The person cannot even come out to vote except he is aware that there is a provision for alternative ways of voter identification.
Re: What If A Registered Voter Loses His Voter's Card On The Eve Of Election? by duro4chang(m): 8:47pm On Aug 16, 2022
FreedomfromtheT:
The person cannot even come out to vote except there is a provision for alternative ways of voter identification.
I think there is no option for now.
Re: What If A Registered Voter Loses His Voter's Card On The Eve Of Election? by Nobody: 7:41am On Aug 17, 2022
FreedomfromtheT:
Of course. But don't you think that INEC needs to do something about this?
They really need to do something about it.
Re: What If A Registered Voter Loses His Voter's Card On The Eve Of Election? by kaysy(m): 7:56am On Aug 17, 2022
When will u guys learn that with the new electoral system which involves the BVAS, u dnt necessarily need ur PVC to vote, listen there are 3 ways with which u can be accredited to vote at ur polling unit.

1) Your polling officer at ur polling unit can pull out ur details on the BVAS machine using the last 6 digits of ur VIN. This is where ur PVC is required. The VIN is on the PVC.

2) Your polling officer at ur polling unit can pull out ur details using ur surname, first name, date of birth, state and LGA of residence. PVC not required.

3) Your polling officer at ur polling unit can pull out ur details using the BVAS to scan ur face for facial recognition. PVC not required.

After pulling out ur details through any of these 3 methods, they will now do ur biometric fingerprint verification to ascertain that you are you. Once confirmed, ballot paper is issued to the voter.

Click on the website below the check ur name on the INEC register. Once u confirm your name there, you are good to go whether u have PVC or not.

https://voters.inecnigeria.org/
Re: What If A Registered Voter Loses His Voter's Card On The Eve Of Election? by FreedomfromtheT: 10:18am On Aug 17, 2022
Jennifer663:

They really need to do something about it.
Ok.
Re: What If A Registered Voter Loses His Voter's Card On The Eve Of Election? by FreedomfromtheT: 10:21am On Aug 17, 2022
duro4chang:
I think there is no option for now.
I think there can be if the will to prevent people from being disenfranchised is there.

(1) (Reply)

2023;result Will Favour Chronological Order Of Wazobia. / If Wike Became The President / Sanwo-olu Woos Ndigbo, Pleads For Continuity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.